I'm totaly convinced the 360 is the graphics king over the PS3.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ronjon_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ronjon_09
Member since 2009 • 285 Posts

Yeah yeah yeah a flood of bu bu bu Killzone 2 will come in here. Bu bu bu I bet the farm if on 360 it would look better.

The fact is we have to take multiplats into account now it's been 2 1/2 years and the learn the PS3 excuse is over the fact is 360 just out performs the PS3 in graphics. And we will see games in the next year or 2 on 360 proof this for good. MS has some games yet to be announced first party that will most likely shatter PS3 first party graphics.

But we must just accept multiplats as a true eye opener as to what system has the power and clearly the 360 is the champ.

Further proof. We can no longer over look this it's done deal the 360 GPU >>> RSX PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.lensoftruth.com/?p=7446

-Traveller-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 -Traveller-
Member since 2009 • 2477 Posts

You can be totally convinced all you like. PS3 holds the current console graphics king according to many posters. 360 and PS3 will just flip-flop as their titles are so similar in graphics.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts
so u come in with no proof all opinion?......
Zoso-8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Zoso-8
Member since 2008 • 2047 Posts
Why on earth would you use multiplats when comparing systems? Most times with multiplats they develop it for a system then port it.
Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Nagidar
Member since 2006 • 6231 Posts

The architecture between the two consoles are different, with the PS3's being a pain for devs, PS3 exclusives show what a game built from the ground up for the PS3 can look like. The bad multiplats are due to devs having trouble porting the game to the PS3, its architecture is a pain.

Avatar image for Nocturnal_Speed
Nocturnal_Speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Nocturnal_Speed
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts
dude just enjoy the games.
AdoringFan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AdoringFan_
Member since 2009 • 1890 Posts
I've seen many threads created by you that is anti-PS3. :|
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17425 Posts
Why on earth would you use multiplats when comparing systems? Most times with multiplats they develop it for a system then port it.Zoso-8
because its the only way to compare them, you cant compare exclusives because there is no way to tell if it would look better on the other console. comparing different games, with different developers is pointless because one devs talents and engine differs from all others.
flippin_flames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 flippin_flames
Member since 2008 • 348 Posts

Yeah yeah yeah a flood of bu bu bu Killzone 2 will come in here. Bu bu bu I bet the farm if on 360 it would look better.

The fact is we have to take multiplats into account now it's been 2 1/2 years and the learn the PS3 excuse is over the fact is 360 just out performs the PS3 in graphics. And we will see games in the next year or 2 on 360 proof this for good. MS has some games yet to be announced first party that will most likely shatter PS3 first party graphics.

But we must just accept multiplats as a true eye opener as to what system has the power and clearly the 360 is the champ.

Further proof. We can no longer over look this it's done deal the360 GPU >>> RSX PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ronjon_09

it dosnt matter, overall the PS3 is still the most powerful

ronjon_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ronjon_09

The architecture between the two consoles are different, with the PS3's being a pain for devs, PS3 exclusives show what a game built from the ground up for the PS3 can look like. The bad multiplats are due to devs having trouble porting the game to the PS3, its architecture is a pain.

Nagidar

I beleive I read that they developed this latest multiplat game from the ground up for all systems so this would not mean it is a port. It means they can not get the power from PS3 as they can with the 360:roll:

Port or no prt that myth is over it is far to many at this point to over look. If the PS3 was so vastly more powerful there is no way this many games would look better on 360. I mean were is the power of PS3 it should be able to compinsate but it cant the power is Sony blowing smoke up consumers butts since day one.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts
[QUOTE="Zoso-8"]Why on earth would you use multiplats when comparing systems? Most times with multiplats they develop it for a system then port it.navyguy21
because its the only way to compare them, you cant compare exclusives because there is no way to tell if it would look better on the other console. comparing different games, with different developers is pointless because one devs talents and engine differs from all others.

which system has the graphics crown.....and we will go with exclusives.......
-Traveller-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -Traveller-

[QUOTE="Zoso-8"]Why on earth would you use multiplats when comparing systems? Most times with multiplats they develop it for a system then port it.navyguy21

That would show that the 360 is more powerful, even though we've seen PS3 exclusives surpass them, and also 360 exclusives.

Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Nagidar

Thats just it, comparing multiplats is probably the worst way to compare these two consoles, the architecture differences will almost always put the 360 on top, on the other hand, exclusive games REALLY show a systems power and what the system is capable of, both systems have great looking games, the only REAL way to compare them IS buy exclusives, because a game built from the ground up for a single system is what is going to show what that system is capable of.

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

TC clearly says that KZ2 would look better on 360.

-Traveller-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 -Traveller-

[QUOTE="Nagidar"]

ronjon_09

I beleive I read that they developed this latest multiplat game from the ground up for all systems so this would not mean it is a port. It means they can not get the power from PS3 as they can with the 360:roll:

Port or no prt that myth is over it is far to many at this point to over look. If the PS3 was so vastly more powerful there is no way this many games would look better on 360. I mean were is the power of PS3 it should be able to compinsate but it cant the power is Sony blowing smoke up consumers butts since day one.

Ps3 isn't vastly more powerful, it is even with 360.If the 360 was more powerful, then the PS3 wouldn't be able to produce a better looking exclusive game. Simple as. The 360 games should always look superior due to the fact that it is much easier to develop for.

-Melix-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 -Melix-
Member since 2009 • 494 Posts

Until, any game on the 360 surpasses kz in graphics, or a new ps3 game that looks better than kzthen i would agree with you... Multiplats dont really matter, considering that developers are better woeking with the 360 than ps3

ronjon_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ronjon_09

All I'm saying is we have crossed the time line of multiplat developer time to learn the PS3. It has been crossed we have to start accepting multiplats as proof now. And the PS3 for the most part can not produce the muscle to hang with the 360 in all new current multiplat games.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 navyguy21

[QUOTE="ronjon_09"]

Further proof. We can no longer over look this it's done deal the 360 GPU >>> RSX PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flippin_flames

it dosnt matter, overall the PS3 is still the most powerful

how do you know that?? because sony said so? So you know the system better than IBM, the maker of the cell, who said the cell and 360 cpu are equals??

Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Nagidar

[QUOTE="Nagidar"]

ronjon_09

I highly doubt that, making the SAME game from scratch for more then one system would cost ALOT of money, unless you have a link, because that makes no sense.

Again, comparing EXCLUSIVES that are built from the ground up on a single system is the best way to compare the systems, because of the hardware differences, with the PS3 being difficult and the 360 being much easier to dev for.

T-Aldous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 T-Aldous
Member since 2006 • 1244 Posts

I think that they are pretty even. The graphic champ of the time seems to flip flop back and forth.

-Traveller-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 -Traveller-

All I'm saying is we have crossed the time line of multiplat developer time to learn the PS3. It has been crossed we have to start accepting multiplats as proof now. And the PS3 for the most part can not produce the muscle to hang with the 360 in all new current multiplat games.

ronjon_09

How do you know it's been crossed, when I will presume you have never developed for PS3. If the 360 is the graphics king, then PS3 shouldn't be able to create better looking exclusives. your own logic fails.

TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TheGrat1
Member since 2008 • 4330 Posts
Show me any currently released 36 that looks better than KZ2 and i'll be inclined to agree with you.
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Silverbond

ronjon_09

And how would you know that?

Are you a dev?

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 navyguy21

[QUOTE="navyguy21"][QUOTE="Zoso-8"]Why on earth would you use multiplats when comparing systems? Most times with multiplats they develop it for a system then port it.Nagidar

Thats just it, comparing multiplats is probably the worst way to compare these two consoles, the architecture differences will almost always put the 360 on top, on the other hand, exclusive games REALLY show a systems power and what the system is capable of, both systems have great looking games, the only REAL way to compare them IS buy exclusives, because a game built from the ground up for a single system is what is going to show what that system is capable of.

so how would you know if Killzone 2 would look better on PS3 than 360?? How do cows know that Killzone 2 CANT be done on 360?? NO game on 360 uses a proprietary engine, so how do we know that 360 cant achieve that level of fidelity??
AdoringFan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 AdoringFan_
[QUOTE="Nagidar"]

[QUOTE="navyguy21"]because its the only way to compare them, you cant compare exclusives because there is no way to tell if it would look better on the other console. comparing different games, with different developers is pointless because one devs talents and engine differs from all others.navyguy21

so how would you know if Killzone 2 would look better on PS3 than 360?? How do cows know that Killzone 2 CANT be done on 360?? NO game on 360 uses a proprietary engine, so how do we know that 360 cant achieve that level of fidelity??

lol cow? Sorry but what does that mean. Just curious
Nedemis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 Nedemis
Member since 2002 • 10715 Posts
so u come in with no proof all opinion?......stereointegrity
The whole topic of which game looks better is nothing more then opinion. :|
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 navyguy21

[QUOTE="navyguy21"][QUOTE="Zoso-8"]Why on earth would you use multiplats when comparing systems? Most times with multiplats they develop it for a system then port it.Silverbond

i dont agree with TC, because if it was on 360, then it wouldnt be built for the cell, it would be built on a multiplat engine, so they would look the same, with a few differences here and there. Killzone looks good because of the INCREDIBLE lighting engine, which GG did using the cell, everything else in killzone has been done before on both consoles, i know, i have the game. So it COULD be done, just not in the WAY that it is done on PS3 (meaning how data is processed, not graphical fidelity)
ronjon_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ronjon_09

Show me any currently released 36 that looks better than KZ2 and i'll be inclined to agree with you.TheGrat1

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/718963/mass-effect/images/mass-effect-20060512020812888.html

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 navyguy21

[QUOTE="navyguy21"][QUOTE="Nagidar"]

AdoringFan_

lol, its the name system wars gave PS3 fanboys lol, i thought the same thing when i first came to gamespot lol

-Traveller-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 -Traveller-

[QUOTE="Silverbond"]

[QUOTE="navyguy21"]because its the only way to compare them, you cant compare exclusives because there is no way to tell if it would look better on the other console. comparing different games, with different developers is pointless because one devs talents and engine differs from all others.navyguy21

i dont agree with TC, because if it was on 360, then it wouldnt be built for the cell, it would be built on a multiplat engine, so they would look the same, with a few differences here and there. Killzone looks good because of the INCREDIBLE lighting engine, which GG did using the cell, everything else in killzone has been done before on both consoles, i know, i have the game. So it COULD be done, just not in the WAY that it is done on PS3 (meaning how data is processed, not graphical fidelity)

Exactly, the different consoles have different advantages and disadvantages, but claiming one as the clear winner is just silly. So far the console graphics king has flip-flopped back and forth. If one was clearly more powerful, we would have seen a distinct advantage straight-away (or a little later in the PS3's case, due to the crumby architecture).

AdoringFan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 AdoringFan_

[QUOTE="AdoringFan_"][QUOTE="navyguy21"] so how would you know if Killzone 2 would look better on PS3 than 360?? How do cows know that Killzone 2 CANT be done on 360?? NO game on 360 uses a proprietary engine, so how do we know that 360 cant achieve that level of fidelity?? navyguy21

lol, its the name system wars gave PS3 fanboys lol, i thought the same thing when i first came to gamespot lol

oh ok lol. Does 360 fanboys have a name and PC fanboys? lol sorry.
Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#33 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts
the 360 doesn't have "the power" lol The REAL reason most multiplatform games look better on 360, is because developers use the 360 as the lead console when developing games. What few times the PS3 has been the lead platform for multiplats, the PS3 version of that particular game looks better.
ronjon_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ronjon_09

[QUOTE="navyguy21"][QUOTE="Silverbond"]

-Traveller-

Exactly, the different consoles have different advantages and disadvantages, but claiming one as the clear winner is just silly. So far the console graphics king has flip-flopped back and forth. If one was clearly more powerful, we would have seen a distinct advantage straight-away (or a little later in the PS3's case, due to the crumby architecture).

This time last year PS3 fanboys claimed FF13 could only be done on PS3:roll:

-Traveller-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 -Traveller-

[QUOTE="-Traveller-"]

[QUOTE="navyguy21"] i dont agree with TC, because if it was on 360, then it wouldnt be built for the cell, it would be built on a multiplat engine, so they would look the same, with a few differences here and there. Killzone looks good because of the INCREDIBLE lighting engine, which GG did using the cell, everything else in killzone has been done before on both consoles, i know, i have the game. So it COULD be done, just not in the WAY that it is done on PS3 (meaning how data is processed, not graphical fidelity)ronjon_09

This time last year PS3 fanboys claimed FF13 could only be done on PS3:roll:

What has that got to do with anything? Like I said each has advantages and disadvantages, and are extremely similar so far, in terms of power.

The general population does not know what is possible on either console.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 navyguy21
[QUOTE="navyguy21"]

[QUOTE="AdoringFan_"] lol cow? Sorry but what does that mean. Just curiousAdoringFan_

360 fanboys - lemmings PC fanboys -hermits Nintendo fanboys - sheep
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Silverbond

[QUOTE="navyguy21"]

[QUOTE="AdoringFan_"] lol cow? Sorry but what does that mean. Just curiousAdoringFan_

360 fanboys are lemmings.

PC fanboys are hermits.

This is all explained in the thread at the top. :)

AdoringFan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 AdoringFan_
lmao wow. Thanks Thanks Navyguy21 and Silverbond. I guess the person that created this thread is a lemming.
Nedemis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Nedemis

[QUOTE="TheGrat1"]Show me any currently released 36 that looks better than KZ2 and i'll be inclined to agree with you.ronjon_09

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/718963/mass-effect/images/mass-effect-20060512020812888.html

and here's where the thread ended.
TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TheGrat1
Member since 2008 • 4330 Posts

[QUOTE="TheGrat1"]Show me any currently released 360 game that looks better than KZ2 and i'll be inclined to agree with you.ronjon_09

The game with continuos framerate slowdowns and other perfomance issues? Not impressed.
-Traveller-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 -Traveller-

[QUOTE="ronjon_09"]

[QUOTE="TheGrat1"]Show me any currently released 36 that looks better than KZ2 and i'll be inclined to agree with you.Nedemis

Mass Effect has excellent character models, but the environments are fairly lackluster.

djsifer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#42 djsifer01
Member since 2005 • 7238 Posts

ronjon_09
You have no idea what your talking about do you? Nice opinion though.
-Snooze-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 -Snooze-
Member since 2009 • 7304 Posts
[QUOTE="navyguy21"][QUOTE="Zoso-8"]Why on earth would you use multiplats when comparing systems? Most times with multiplats they develop it for a system then port it.stereointegrity

which system has the graphics crown.....and we will go with exclusives.......

That don't show which is more powerful. It shows which has better devs, and the better game engine. Killzone is what some people consider graphics King, yet if it is, its hardly better looking then RES4, Uncharted and GeOW2. 2 of them are using a muliplat engine. other 2 using engines built from the ground up for the PS3. When we have a game built from the ground up for XBOX360, then we may have a better comparison. Banjo Nuts and Bolts is one such game, and i think is better looking then all those previously mentioned.
akira2465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 akira2465
Member since 2004 • 1194 Posts

Looks like somebody celebrated 420 a day late

Nedemis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Nedemis

[QUOTE="Nedemis"][QUOTE="ronjon_09"]

-Traveller-

Mass Effect has excellent character models, but the environments are fairly lackluster.

kinda like MGS4, huh?
coltsfan4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 coltsfan4ever
Member since 2006 • 2628 Posts

dude just enjoy the games.Nocturnal_Speed
And this is my favorite quote in the entire thread. Simple and to the point.lol

-Traveller-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 -Traveller-

[QUOTE="-Traveller-"]

[QUOTE="Nedemis"]and here's where the thread ended.Nedemis

kinda like MGS4, huh?

Definately like MGS4.

-Snooze-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 -Snooze-
Member since 2009 • 7304 Posts

[QUOTE="Nedemis"][QUOTE="ronjon_09"]

-Traveller-

Eh, they were very good, it's just the character models were possibly too good. Out of the all "grey spectrum" games, i'd say ME looks best, runs like a retarded mule though
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 navyguy21
[QUOTE="ronjon_09"]

[QUOTE="TheGrat1"]Show me any currently released 360 game that looks better than KZ2 and i'll be inclined to agree with you.TheGrat1

The game with continuos framerate slowdowns and other perfomance issues? Not impressed.

Have you played Killzone 2?? It has the SAME framerate issues, only difference is there is no texture pop in, but there mid level loading where the game chugs, lets try to be fair here ok
-Traveller-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 -Traveller-

[QUOTE="-Traveller-"]

[QUOTE="Nedemis"]and here's where the thread ended.-Snooze-

Eh, they were very good, it's just the character models were possibly too good. Out of the all "grey spectrum" games, i'd say ME looks best, runs like a retarded mule though

Lol true, although it was the one game that could hold my attention even with such bad technical flaws. Safe to say, I bought it for PC as soon as it came out :P