Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

It's been how long since he started this project? How many expensive actors has he hired? How many expensive cinematics has he created with nigh a glimpse of what exactly the game will be? Do you think Sony has already regretted hiring Kojima now that he's causing them to hemorrhage money on his untested, extremely expensive, new IP? The real question is: how will they find a nice way to dump him after they've lost all their PS4 profits on Death Stranding.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

You sound pissed.

(it'll be okay, dude)

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

According to Wikipedia (lol) the development started last year.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

Death stranding is not even a game at this point. just cinematic teaser after teaser. even this year they wont show gameplay.

another star citizen in making.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

Seeing that dumb picture he posted of himself drinking out of mug labeled Konami's Tears is all you need to know about whether or not it was a good decision.

I'm sure they were glad to be rid of him with that system war level trolling. That pre-teen lvl shit should be far above your multi-million dollar project lead man.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Bread_or_Decide

@reduc_ab_ said:

You sound pissed.

(it'll be okay, dude)

Nah, I'm actually having a fantastic day. I recently beat MGSurvive and it got me thinking about Kojima and what a mess he must be causing over at Sony.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44559 Posts

Come on, I'm sure you are right to a degree but it really hasn't been THAT long. New IPs take longer to develop too, they have too create new assets, and considering it's supposed too be an online game I imagine there's a lot more work too go into it. Probably why Cyberpunk 2077 has taken so long too. And Anthem, you have to realize that's probably been in the works long before they announced it. Death Stranding's problem is they simply announces it way too early.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Bread_or_Decide

@enzyme36 said:

Seeing that dumb picture he posted of himself drinking out of mug labeled Konami's Tears is all you need to know about whether or not it was a good decision.

I'm sure they were glad to be rid of him with that system war level trolling. That pre-teen lvl shit should be far above your multi-million dollar project lead man.

Funny thing is, I love Kojima, but you've gotta be nuts to hand over a blank check to megalomaniacal artists who think other people's money is just their plaything.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Another movie "game" will fit right in with Sony's portfolio.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Bread_or_Decide

@lamprey263 said:

Come on, I'm sure you are right to a degree but it really hasn't been THAT long. New IPs take longer to develop too, they have too create new assets, and considering it's supposed too be an online game I imagine there's a lot more work too go into it. Probably why Cyberpunk 2077 has taken so long too. And Anthem, you have to realize that's probably been in the works long before they announced it. Death Stranding's problem is they simply announces it way too early.

This is why new IP's are such a risk and why we see so few of them around anymore. I think Horizon Zero Dawn has to be one of the few brand new AAA IP's we've seen this gen. This is also why scalebound was canceled. Artists wasting people's money is not funny or cute.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

Well considering he's saved them a few million by using an existing game engine he has the budget.

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 LoganX77
Member since 2017 • 1050 Posts

Konami will probaly never have another decent game under them again.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#13 Needhealing
Member since 2017 • 2041 Posts

Honestly MGS5 was trash, Konami could see it. What they did not see was how for some reason critics would give the game a 10/10, which was bizzare.

Sony will soon realize the same thing, but don't fire Kojima or else critics once again will give Death Stranding a 10/10 and then score Death Stranding: Survive a 4/10.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

And considering the butt hurt he's causing in this thread he was a good investment.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#15  Edited By deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

What, the game isn't finished after an year in development? We all know 6 months should be more than enough!

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Bread_or_Decide

@needhealing said:

Honestly MGS5 was trash, Konami could see it. What they did not see was how for some reason critics would give the game a 10/10, which was bizzare.

Sony will soon realize the same thing, but don't fire Kojima or else critics once again will give Death Stranding a 10/10 and then score Death Stranding: Survive a 4/10.

I laughed.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#17 Needhealing
Member since 2017 • 2041 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@needhealing said:

I laughed.

Thanks.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Bread_or_Decide

@loganx77 said:

Konami will probaly never have another decent game under them again.

MGSurvive is more than decent. I mean that would require actually playing it and making up one's own mind about it but yeah...there's a decent game. Hell, it's got an endgame that would make destiny two players envious but alas...critics killed it before anyone had the chance to find out.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:

It's been how long since he started this project? How many expensive actors has he hired? How many expensive cinematics has he created with nigh a glimpse of what exactly the game will be? Do you think Sony has already regretted hiring Kojima now that he's causing them to hemorrhage money on his untested, extremely expensive, new IP? The real question is: how will they find a nice way to dump him after they've lost all their PS4 profits on Death Stranding.

Who cares?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide: Nah. The name will print money for Sony no matter how this game turns out. I have faith there will be some great play from kojima.

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By LoganX77
Member since 2017 • 1050 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide: is it littered with microtransactons or no?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

You sound pissed.

(it'll be okay, dude)

Nah, I'm actually having a fantastic day. I recently beat MGSurvive and it got me thinking about Kojima and what a mess he must be causing over at Sony.

? You bought Metal Gear Survive?

Nah, I’m sure Death Stranding will print a lot of money for them. The Kojima name still carries a lot of weight and respect, and Sony has a long history of partnering blockbusters and system sellers with Kojima. Death Stranding will sell a ton of PS4s and probably PS5s for them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@quadknight said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

You sound pissed.

(it'll be okay, dude)

Nah, I’m sure Death Stranding will print a lot of money for them. The Kojima name still carries a lot of weight and respect, and Sony has a long history of partnering blockbusters and system sellers with Kojima. Death Stranding will sell a ton of PS4s and probably PS5s for them.

Wonder if Sony will mix it up a bit or will it just be another pretty story heavy 3rd person character action game with lots of content (cut scenes)?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 cainetao11

@Bread_or_Decide: I agree, people write off games as terrible that they've never played. I don't know whether i like Survive or not but I'm just not interested in trying it. That's the difference though. Not caring to play it personally doesn't mean it sucks.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@boycie said:
@quadknight said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

You sound pissed.

(it'll be okay, dude)

Wonder if Sony will mix it up a bit or will it just be another pretty story heavy 3rd person character action game with lots of content (cut scenes)?

Nothing wrong with 3rd person action games, a lot of people love them. Why would Sony want to change the genre of their games so that it pleases you? You’re just one customer out of the millions that already love what Sony is doing.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

He just started rhe game last year. I’m confused why you think it would be done already

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Bread_or_Decide

@quadknight said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

You sound pissed.

(it'll be okay, dude)

Yeah, Survive may be my favorite Metal Gear Spin-off. Mostly because much like portable ops it plays closer to the actual game. Although Acid and Revengeance were interesting in their own ways.

I can see all this grandstanding for Kojima turn into absolute flakiness if the game is too weird or doesn't take off with the twitch and youtube crowd.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Bread_or_Decide

@vaidream45 said:

He just started rhe game last year. I’m confused why you think it would be done already

Then why are they releasing trailers to a barely finished game? I'm not saying it's done but he's certainly not even close and Sony must be watching those pennies fly out the window.

I wonder if he would be so reckless if he was forced to pay for the game with his own money. Sony should have simply published the game, not pay for its development.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56092 Posts

Not only Kojima is paying top dollars for Norman Reedu, he also needs to hire Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone, Van Damme and Steven Seagal to make it even more awesome man!!!!

All jest aside, I'm still not gonna be interested in Kojima's game until I see some Death Standing gameplay. As of now, the more I see, the more confused I get. This is Kojima's first work game on a Sony's platform exclusive and this is a test run to see how things go. The execution is the most important thing for Death Stranding.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Bread_or_Decide

@loganx77 said:

@Bread_or_Decide: is it littered with microtransactons or no?

Survive? The game has them. You can play the game just fine without them. The gameplay doesn't bottleneck you, forcing you to pay to win. You can't buy resources. You're forced to survive and it's brutal and doesn't hold your hand. Something I thought gamers liked...oh well.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Bread_or_Decide

@n64dd said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

Who cares?

Got you in here didn't I? Now DISCUSS!!

Randoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Randoggy
Member since 2003 • 3497 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@vaidream45 said:

Then why are they releasing trailers to a barely finished game? I'm not saying it's done but he's certainly not even close and Sony must be watching those pennies fly out the window.

I wonder if he would be so reckless if he was forced to pay for the game with his own money. Sony should have simply published the game, not pay for its development.

You know nothing of the money involved.

https://wccftech.com/kojima-not-wasting-death-stranding/

Loading Video...

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 cainetao11

@quadknight: Nah, I’m sure Death Stranding will print a lot of money for them. The Kojima name still carries a lot of weight and respect, and Sony has a long history of partnering blockbusters and system sellers with Kojima. Death Stranding will sell a ton of PS4s and probably PS5s for them"

My feelings, exactly. It will be a money maker and i have faith it will be cool.

vvulturas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 vvulturas
Member since 2015 • 1249 Posts

It hasn't even been that long. Talk about an overreaction, lol.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11084 Posts

News report: Games take time.

Creepywelps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Creepywelps
Member since 2015 • 2964 Posts

It hasn't even been in development for 2 years.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

What a joke of a thread lol.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:

Sony hired Kojima?

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#39 Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

@needhealing said:

I think the gameplay of MGS5 was pretty fun. You could approach a mission anyway that you thought. However, the story for a MGS game wasn't the greatest.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

He's got a huge market even if he wastes money. Sony obviously see the potential for profits with his name attached otherwise Kojima wouldn't be hired. If it fails then Sony write it off as a chance that never happened.

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

With the budget this guy is going to rack up this game will need to do big sales, Like Last of Us/ Uncharted sales combined.

I don't root for games to fail, but it's going to be hard to break even, and with no Multi player, used market sales will be huge ie no $ for Sony.

I wish them both luck, but eventually Sony will regret it.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#42  Edited By Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

It takes a really long time to create a new IP.

• Horizon was began development in 2011, and released in 2017
  • The Last of Us began development in 2009, and released in 2013

Death Stranding has probably only been in development for like 3 years ....

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#43 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

They must be making a game that they want you to play for years and years. This is risky though because if the user base isn't retained...

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@Nonstop-Madness: It hasn't been in development for anywhere close to three years.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

Can someone remind me what epic games MS has in development right now? Oh that’s right, our lord and saviour Phil Spencer only as of last e3 decided to dedicate some money to new IPs. TLHBO

ocinom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ocinom
Member since 2008 • 1385 Posts

So much salt from a person who bought MG survive. Thread=LOL

Avatar image for deactivated-5c56012aaa167
deactivated-5c56012aaa167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47 deactivated-5c56012aaa167
Member since 2016 • 2538 Posts

We have to all agree that Kojima mismanaged MGS V. He should have removed one of the maps and focused on making a better open world, but he focused on quantity over quality.(That episode 51 was going to be a DLC or 3rd part of the game)

I have played Survive for 60-70 hours and imo it's a 7.5-8 from 10 game. But even as a low budget game it had a much better open world than PP.

I have no hope for Death Stranding because it's going to be his next open world and he still believes(And all people around him want him to beilieve) that Phantom Pain is one of the best open world games of all time.(Which it isn't) It will probably turns out as another empty world game.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Can't wait for this imminent 10 and the haters' tears that ensue.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@Shewgenja: it’s hardly imminent. I’d be surprised if we see it this decade.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@boycie: I'd be surprised if it's not out by November ;)