Im sorry, but the NDS...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for TheCSPeaceMaker
TheCSPeaceMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheCSPeaceMaker
Member since 2005 • 594 Posts

Is a terrible handheld. The only reason that the DS sells more is because it's price is lower, and most people don't know of the PSP's homebrew capabilities. Just because of that, the PSP doesn't appeal to the general audience. But if people would know how to use homebrew, the DS would be no more.

DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
DS has Elite Beat Agents = Win.
Hater3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Hater3000
Member since 2007 • 2310 Posts
PSP FTW. P.S you are going to be stomped by Ds fanboys to death.Good luck with that,i love the PSP.
afdevil24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 afdevil24
Member since 2006 • 1590 Posts

Is a terrible handheld. The only reason that the DS sells more is because it's price is lower, and most people don't know of the PSP's homebrew capabilities. Just because of that, the PSP doesn't appeal to the general audience. But if people would know how to use homebrew, the DS would be no more.

TheCSPeaceMaker
DS has fun, easy to play games, and short loading times, which makes a handheld great.
darrowby88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 darrowby88
Member since 2005 • 861 Posts
the DS is the best because the psp tries to do too much and comes up short at everything. also, for the psp to have great games it needs longer dev times which arent given to handhelds
Arsuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Arsuz
Member since 2003 • 2318 Posts
DS has homebrew capabilities too. DOOM on DS FTW.
subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts

TheCSPeaceMaker
By homebrew - do you mean "player created content" - aka games made on stolen game development software for PSPs - or are you discussing STEALING old Nintendo games, which is what the vast majority of PSPs I've seen tend to have on them. Because I'm pretty sure I'm not *ever* going to play Mario, Final Fantasy, Castlevania, or any of the other games I own a DS for *legally* on the PSP "homebrew". "Gah... if only more people would buy a $200 system, a usb cable, a 2gb memory stick, then download a reverter off bittorrent, roll back their PSP bios to an old version (hopefully not bricking it in the process) then download emulators, and then download "homebrew" or stolen games onto their system" In fact, given the PSP game sales rate - that seems to be about the only reason people buy a PSP. We'll see if Sony makes the mistake of making another handheld next generation.
Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts
I love threads where people post their opinions.
Avatar image for FrenziedRaldo24
FrenziedRaldo24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FrenziedRaldo24
Member since 2005 • 9054 Posts

the DS is the best because the psp tries to do too much and comes up short at everythingdarrowby88

Comes up short at what?

Sales? Over 25 Million sold

Games? Roughly 3X as many AA-AAA games than DS on GS/IGN:|

Those great games that need such a long development time, have already been released on the PSP for the past 6-22 months:|

axt113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 axt113
Member since 2007 • 2777 Posts

TheCSPeaceMaker
DS appeals to a much larger market than the PSP
-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 -Spock-
Member since 2006 • 7072 Posts

DS has Elite Beat Agents = Win.DaysAirlines

And also...

• Ossu! Tatakae! Ouendan
  • Daigasso! Band Brothers + expansion
  • Jump! Ultimate Stars
  • Hiite Utaeru DS Guitar M-06
  • Phoenix Wright [Gyakuten Saiban]
  • Hotel Dusk: Room 215
  • Advance Wars: Dual Strike

OfficialJab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 OfficialJab
Member since 2005 • 3249 Posts

TheCSPeaceMaker

And the PSP's capabilities, whatever they may be, make DS terrible, how?

JustAGamer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 JustAGamer01
Member since 2004 • 568 Posts

I love threads where people post their opinions.Kaze_no_Mirai

Me too espically when thier opinions suck....

88Ghost89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 88Ghost89
Member since 2004 • 1618 Posts
Who says NDS?
web966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 web966
Member since 2005 • 11654 Posts
my thoughts exactly.
Avatar image for Mikazukinoyaiba
Mikazukinoyaiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Mikazukinoyaiba
Member since 2007 • 733 Posts
It is a terrible handheld because you can't homebrew it? Sorry, I thought handheld systems were for the games. I doubt those who are buying the DS even if they knew about homebrew, would care so I highly doubt homebrew capabilities is what would kill the DS if widely known.
Setsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 Setsa
Member since 2005 • 8431 Posts
Well, the PSP isn t that bad of a system cept for the fact that a lot of their games are just PS2 ports. The DS has a wide library and is very innovative while a PSP is more of a tuned down portable PS2.
OfficialJab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 OfficialJab
Member since 2005 • 3249 Posts

TheCSPeaceMaker

And the PSP's capabilities, whatever they may be, make DS terrible, how?

DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
DS Lite is on pace to become the best selling platform ever.
Bandit_Haze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 Bandit_Haze
Member since 2005 • 4950 Posts

[QUOTE="TheCSPeaceMaker"]

subrosian

By homebrew - do you mean "player created content" - aka games made on stolen game development software for PSPs - or are you discussing STEALING old Nintendo games, which is what the vast majority of PSPs I've seen tend to have on them. Because I'm pretty sure I'm not *ever* going to play Mario, Final Fantasy, Castlevania, or any of the other games I own a DS for *legally* on the PSP "homebrew". "Gah... if only more people would buy a $200 system, a usb cable, a 2gb memory stick, then download a reverter off bittorrent, roll back their PSP bios to an old version (hopefully not bricking it in the process) then download emulators, and then download "homebrew" or stolen games onto their system" In fact, given the PSP game sales rate - that seems to be about the only reason people buy a PSP. We'll see if Sony makes the mistake of making another handheld next generation.

lol, yep, that pretty much hit the nail on the head

[QUOTE="Kaze_no_Mirai"]I love threads where people post their opinions.JustAGamer01

Me too espically when thier opinions suck....

opinions are like **** holes, everyones got one, and they all stink

liljon546

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 liljon546
Member since 2005 • 2301 Posts
I love how people think there opinion is a fact.
qewrewq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 qewrewq
Member since 2004 • 1274 Posts
YES, PSP homebrew capabilities are amazing, and it does have more games that I want to play than on the DS, but does that make the DS a terrible handheld? Nope..it's all a matter of opinion.
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

[QUOTE="darrowby88"]the DS is the best because the psp tries to do too much and comes up short at everythingFrenziedRaldo24

Comes up short at what?

Sales? Over 25 Million sold

Games? Roughly 3X as many AA-AAA games than DS on GS/IGN:|

Those great games that need such a long development time, have already been released on the PSP for the past 6-22 months:|

You would wish that the PSP sold near 16 million :roll:. Don't get me wrong, I own a PSP and love it.
deviates1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deviates1080
Member since 2006 • 1926 Posts
The mix of original/qwerky games and classics like Castlevania win me over to the DS. PSP seems to be overflowing with either ports or PSP versions of games that are better left on home consoles. Additionally I like to play on the train to Uni and i do not have the time to wait for the PSP to load. Instant gaming is a must if you have to train swap a lot.
Truewiseblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Truewiseblade
Member since 2005 • 2607 Posts
I always laught whern people try to use ROMs as a legitimate advantage for the PSP. It's like saying that the PS3 is actually the cheapest console because I can always steal one.
Trading_Zoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 Trading_Zoner
Member since 2007 • 4100 Posts

DS is a great handheld, and it's doing a great job at bringing more people into gaming, and I love that, I really do.

However, psp is my handheld of choice because it offers better value for my style of living. 

buuzer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 buuzer0
Member since 2005 • 3792 Posts

TheCSPeaceMaker
The DS has homebrew capabilities that allow you to turn it into a multimedia (video, mp3's, etc.) device as well as other things (emulators, etc.) so I'm afraid this argument fails.
jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#28 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts

DS has fun, easy to play games, and short loading times, which makes a handheld great.afdevil24

you forgot about the long battery life, but yea those are most of the reasons people like their ds better.

oh and the ds also has homebrew (not quite as good as the psp, but homebrew none the less). 

Teh_Stevz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Teh_Stevz
Member since 2005 • 5678 Posts
P.S you are going to be stomped by Ds fanboys to death.Good luck with that,i love the PSP.Hater3000
In context to you reply the word "Stomped" is an understatement.
qewrewq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 qewrewq
[QUOTE="TheCSPeaceMaker"]

buuzer0
The DS has homebrew capabilities that allow you to turn it into a multimedia (video, mp3's, etc.) device as well as other things (emulators, etc.) so I'm afraid this argument fails.

Sorry but DS's homebrew doesn't even compare with PSP's homebrew...owell.
joeblak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 joeblak
Member since 2005 • 5474 Posts
If you have a PS2, there's no reason to buy a PSP. Add on to that the fact that the PS2 is $70 less, and PSP games cost nearly as much as PS2 games. What reason does anyone have to buy a PSP?
buuzer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 buuzer0
Member since 2005 • 3792 Posts
[QUOTE="buuzer0"][QUOTE="TheCSPeaceMaker"]

qewrewq

Sorry but PSP's price, games, and looks do not even compare with the DS Lite. owell.
Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#33 Darthmatt
Member since 2002 • 8970 Posts
Define terrible. I've been gaming for a long time and I think its one of the best systems I've played.
Avatar image for Mikazukinoyaiba
Mikazukinoyaiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Mikazukinoyaiba
Member since 2007 • 733 Posts
[QUOTE="buuzer0"][QUOTE="TheCSPeaceMaker"]

qewrewq

You just don't get it, only the techys care about homebrew. If more people knew about homebrewing I doubt it will make the DS sell significantly less. Also I highly doubt a lack of homebrew makes the DS a terrible system. How the hell is the Gameboy a great handheld when it didn't have homebrewing capabilities?
Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts
And you played which games on the DS, OP? I've seen someone bash the DS before and the only games he'd played on it were Asphat Urban GT, The Urbz, and King Kong.
Baird-06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Baird-06
Member since 2006 • 3511 Posts
I love threads where people post their opinions.Kaze_no_Mirai
Yeah, that is why this is a forum...
qewrewq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 qewrewq
[QUOTE="qewrewq"][QUOTE="buuzer0"][QUOTE="TheCSPeaceMaker"]

Mikazukinoyaiba

You just don't get it, only the techys care about homebrew. If more people knew about homebrewing I doubt it will make the DS sell significantly less. Also I highly doubt a lack of homebrew makes the DS a terrible system. How the hell is the Gameboy a great handheld when it didn't have homebrewing capabilities?

Did I say DS is a terrible system? Look at my previous post.., as I said it's all a matter of opinion. Also..wtf are techys?
Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts
[QUOTE="Kaze_no_Mirai"]I love threads where people post their opinions.Baird-06
Yeah, that is why this is a forum...

Yeah, I didn't finish typing the sentence. I meant posting their opinions and come up with terrible excuses like homebrew.
BR0M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#39 BR0M
Member since 2005 • 1342 Posts
Yay homebrew.  things that steal amazing nintendo games and put them on the psp because they know that nintendo rocks and sony doesnt have an imaginative bone in their body and can't make games that justify the purchase of their handheld.
chicken008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 chicken008
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts
Well this terrible handheld has the best games..
killerkop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 killerkop
Member since 2004 • 2187 Posts
Why buy a PSP just to play Nintendo games on it? I mean, thats why you get a DS.
t2wave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 t2wave
Member since 2005 • 3258 Posts
Too bad for the PSP huh?
Avatar image for theheavydrinker
theheavydrinker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#43 theheavydrinker
Member since 2004 • 1524 Posts
I really only use my DS for GBA games, but I'd assume they're all "playable" on PSP... It's just basically whether or not you like it legit. Excluding that, the PSP does have a stronger and more diverse library of games than the DS. They're not all kiddy either.
J1M-e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 J1M-e
Member since 2006 • 118 Posts
It could be that the DS actually had some good games not just ps2 ports. The psp appealed to me as more of a media device and less of a gaming handheld which was supposd to be the main focus.
MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts

agreed