I'm pretty much done with linear shooters.

• 131 results
Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Tried replaying Metro Last Light. It became so boring that I stopped playing it. Tried playing Riddick games. Same experience. Finished Max Payne 3 again but only because of its endless scripted moments in the story that kept things a bit fresh but won't give it more than 7.5/10. And I don't think I'll be returning to it anytime soon.

Don't want to play Doom reboot anymore either or any other linear shooter for that matter, old or new. On other hand I enjoyed every bit of Witcher 2 and it was my 21st walkthrough. I can play it again anyday. I also replayed The Last of Us and really enjoyed it. Probably because there were things to do beside shooting bad guys.

Semi exploration and crafting elements on highest difficulty forced me to think and plan ahead. Seems like that'll be my basic requirement from now on, a game that demands more from me. I just don't enjoy sleep walking through mindless action anymore. I rather watch dumb 6/10 imdb action movie instead for a change at night instead of taking sleeping pill.

Linear shooters feel so shallow, boring and mostly poorly made. Sometimes it makes me wonder why they sell so much. Anyone else thinks the same about them as me?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

I only like 12 games and most of then are linear shooters without any women in them.

So I disagree.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

1st Riddick is awesome and I don't see how you got bored with it but enjoyed TLOU. Riddick: EFRBB has more mechanics than simply run of the mill shoot your way and was definitely more enjoyable then TLOU.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Well Metro is boring as **** to be fair.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24920 Posts

Riddick EFBB was materpiece and i lost count how many times i finished that game. almost as good as Half life 2 in 2004.

Metro Last light was incredible game. one of the best story atmospheric driven game.

DOOM is another Masterpiece that is easily best game of this generation.

what is boring is witcher 3, MGS5, Far cry, AC or any other open world games. these games may have quantity but quality wise they suffer.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34600 Posts

They can be awesome if done right. But they've been sucking ever since Half-Life 2 pretty much with the occassional exceptions like Crysis or Metro.

I think the Metro games are pretty good, but I don't feel like playing them more than once. HL2 I've played and completed about 8 times..

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ghosts4ever

@Litchie said:

They can be awesome if done right. But they've been sucking ever since Half-Life 2 pretty much with the occassional exceptions like Crysis or Metro.

I think the Metro games are pretty good, but I don't feel like playing them more than once. HL2 I've played and completed about 8 times..

Half life 2 was surpassed by STALKER SOC and COP by long shot

and yes theres some of the best FPS games released after HL2 including STALKER, FEAR, Metro and most recent DOOM and Prey.

Metro Exodus if even it half as good as STALKER it will become one of the best game of all time.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Litchie

@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

and yes theres some of the best FPS games released after HL2 including STALKER, FEAR, Metro and most recent DOOM and Prey.

Metro Exodus if even it half as good as STALKER it will become one of the best game of all time.

STALKER isn't linear, so saying it has surpassed HL2 doesn't make sense.

And I don't think STALKER is a better game than HL2. It's way too buggy and has too many techincal problems, even with complete mod.

FEAR is good, but not HL2 good. Metro is good, but a bit too cinematic for my tastes. They're like longer and better CoD campaigns. And I fucking hate CoD campaigns. DOOM isn't as good as HL2, it isn't even as good as DOOM 2. Prey.. bleh.

Next Metro being more open sounds awesome to me, and I hope for the best. Doubt I'd play the new Metro if it was the same thing as the first two.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

And I don't think STALKER is a better game than HL2. It's way too buggy and has too many techincal problems, even with complete mod.

FEAR is good, but not HL2 good. Metro is good, but a bit too cinematic for my tastes. DOOM isn't as good as HL2, it isn't even as good as DOOM 2. Prey.. bleh.

Next Metro being more open sounds awesome to me, and I hope for the best. Doubt I'd play the new Metro if it was the same thing as the first two.

STALKER is far and away better than Half life 2. especially with mods and its not typical open world like far cry. its more of sandbox driven. only thing HL2 did better than Stalker was storytelling as Stalker is far more immersive, atmospheric and have better shooting.

FEAR has better combat than HL2 so is DOOM has. but Half life 2 has better level design and progress.

the thing is HL2 set bar so high that people consider any game released after HL2 disappointing.

me personally not.

history show FPS games have always been better than RPG either in 90s or early 00s or late 00s or even now.

most RPG game rely on scale but core gameplay elements just suck. 12 hour of average FPS worth more than 100 hour of boring RPG with sidequest. I cant imagine playing any RPG other than Deus Ex and System shock.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Litchie

@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

FEAR is good, but not HL2 good. Metro is good, but a bit too cinematic for my tastes. DOOM isn't as good as HL2, it isn't even as good as DOOM 2. Prey.. bleh.

1. STALKER is far and away better than Half life 2.

2. FEAR has better combat than HL2 so is DOOM has. but Half life 2 has better level design and progress.

3. most RPG game rely on scale but core gameplay elements just suck. 12 hour of average FPS worth more than 100 hour of boring RPG with sidequest. I cant imagine playing any RPG other than Deus Ex and System shock.

1. They are completely different games. You prefer the open and buggy one over the very polished linear one. Grats.

2. FEAR has better combat than HL2, agreed. DOOM has better combat, agreed. HL2 has amazing level design and pace, agreed. It has good combat too.

3. There are a shitload of RPGs that are good besides FPSs with light RPG elements. But a game needs to be a shooter, preferably an FPS in order for you to like it, so then there's not much else you can play..

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ghosts4ever

@Litchie: my friend deus ex and system shock are not FPS with light RPG elements. They are FPS/RPG. More RPG than cover shooter with light RPG elements like mass effect.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46260 Posts

Disagree, Half Life series, MOHAA, COD 1, Wolfenstein series, Bioshock series and the Metro games are some of the best games I've ever played.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ghosts4ever

@R4gn4r0k: I replayed COD1. It feel too average. I realized it was not that good plus it was tooo short. I think COD2 was better because it was longer and more varies.

MOHAA ws great thougth in a series of all mediecre games.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

Half Life 2 is over rated and scored an extra few points because of how good it looked compared to other games of the day.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 R4gn4r0k

@scatteh316 said:

Half Life 2 is over rated and scored an extra few points because of how good it looked compared to other games of the day.

Half Life 2 came out in the same year as DOOM 3 and Far Cry, it didn't look better than those games.

It scored so well because it was an excellent game.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Litchie

@R4gn4r0k said:
@scatteh316 said:

Half Life 2 came out in the same year as DOOM 3 and Far Cry, it didn't look better than those games.

It scored so well because it was an excellent game.

Truth.

Todddow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Todddow
Member since 2017 • 916 Posts

Can't blame you. Many linear shooters are one trick ponies, and just feel so empty and boring compared to many open world games with a variety of things to do. It also doesn't help that many FPS games have just felt like the same game for about the past 20 years, just with updated graphics. There's only so many times you can move a cross hair and pull a trigger over and over when there's nothing else to do in a game without getting bored.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#18 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Not me, I enjoy both types and linear games have their strengths too. Depends on my mindset while I'm playing, sometimes I just don't want to think about too many things and I just want a more focused type of game.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

Maybe your problem isn't with linear shooters but maybe your still playing the same older games again and again until you are sick of them, maybe get some new material, try new types of games too and change it up so no one thing gets old.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ghosts4ever

@todddow said:

Can't blame you. Many linear shooters are one trick ponies, and just feel so empty and boring compared to many open world games with a variety of things to do. It also doesn't help that many FPS games have just felt like the same game for about the past 20 years, just with updated graphics. There's only so many times you can move a cross hair and pull a trigger over and over when there's nothing else to do in a game without getting bored.

How is all FPS games same since 20 years?

so Doom and Halo are same?

JtoThaMtoThaP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JtoThaMtoThaP
Member since 2016 • 1016 Posts

Im pretty much done with open world games, feels like I have a second job or some shit

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 R4gn4r0k

@jtothamtothap said:

Im pretty much done with open world games, feels like I have a second job or some shit

Yeah so many open world games fail at world building and making (side) missions interesting to do.

Half Life 2 may be the most linear game ever, simply going from point A to B, it absolutely draws you into its world.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ghosts4ever

@jtothamtothap said:

pretty much. market is more oversaturated by open world than FPS today. and the thing is not a single open world get boring fast.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ghosts4ever

@pc_rocks said:

1st Riddick is awesome and I don't see how you got bored with it but enjoyed TLOU. Riddick: EFRBB has more mechanics than simply run of the mill shoot your way and was definitely more enjoyable then TLOU.

Pretty much this too. last of us is glorified movie than a game. thats the thing naughty dog only make.

Riddick EFBB has so much more content from shooting to stealth to meelee and all thing done so perfectly.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@ghosts4ever: I see you still like talking out of your ass, not surprising though. While TLoU has strong storytelling and excellent characters that doesn't mean it also doesn't have excellent gameplay, which it does. You might know this if you actually played it, the fact that you call it a movie game clearly shows me you haven't. I know it's not a FPS so you won't touch it, you're a one trick pony and it's really old and tiresome anymore.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#26  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

@Cloud_imperium: Some of my favorite games are linear and tailored experiences. Metro Last Light has excellent pacing and variety. I really don't know what you are going on about. You praise TLOU like its shit don't stink, but there wasn't much to that game. Stealth/melee kills, gun combat, repetitve raft puzzles, and everyone's favourite... QTE. I don't dislike the game, but Metro Last Light is better. I love open world too, but there have been many quality linear FPS in the past and I would like to see more of them.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#27 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

I can agree The Last of Us is way better than Metro and Doom. Doom is one of the most boring games I've played.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#28 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@Cloud_imperium:

Interesting. Very interesting indeed... Now, what if I told you that your opinion is shit? ?

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts
@R4gn4r0k said:

Half Life 2 may be the most linear game ever, simply going from point A to B, it absolutely draws you into its world.

There were more linear games that followed: Killzones 2 and 3, Hard Reset, Bulletstorm. Bulletstorm is so fricking linear I ran into a room and the door shut behind me. I was cut off from the ammo machine which was my only means of resupply.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

well that only took 20 years

Avatar image for deactivated-5c56012aaa167
deactivated-5c56012aaa167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31 deactivated-5c56012aaa167
Member since 2016 • 2538 Posts

Well ,Imo linear games can be great only if they have non linear/great gameplay.

For example DMC 3 is a linear game but it has that much variety in combat and weapons that everytime you play it, it feels like a different game.(but you have to also try new things in these games than playing it the same way you did at the first time)

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

Finished Max Payne 3 again but only because of its endless scripted moments in the story that kept things a bit fresh but won't give it more than 7.5/10. And I don't think I'll be returning to it anytime soon

On other hand I enjoyed every bit of Witcher 2 and it was my 21st walkthrough.

I only played through The Witcher 2 twice. The mechanics aren't very good and the game is more concerned with telling a story than letting you have fun. On the other hand, Max Payne 3 just kept going and going and going for me. A lot of the fun was just in trying to beat my own scores. I do wish it was less scripted and a little more open, though.

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 sovkhan
Member since 2015 • 1591 Posts

Had the same feeling long time ago...around the end of 2004/2005!!!

After more than 10 years of the same boom boom/ dodge/ boom boom, man gets tired and bored.

Add to that, that nothing touches the spirit and greatness of the like of Tribes series and the graphics alone won't do it.

I must confess that i still play 'em old fps now and then but they are not my cup of tea anymore.

Linear or not is secondary, it's their core mechanics that need a serious reboot but we won't call 'em FPS then.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ghosts4ever

@princessgomez92 said:

I can agree The Last of Us is way better than Metro and Doom. Doom is one of the most boring games I've played.

but it might not be your type of game. its probably the most badass game i have ever played apart from Riddick EFBB. that game was so damn badass.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

@ghosts4ever: with 95% of system wars logic... halo and doom are exactly the same. Shooter games , if the devolpers put even a ounce of respect to character deepth and background stories they would be called shooter movies.

Its takes more skill to find a narrow flow of fun in open world game that a narrow world obviously. Im glad my brain is advanced and the transition is seemless.

Msg v gameplay is better than half lifes. Well atleast just as good just in more than narrow ways.

Linear games are just afraid to become big budget. Only open world and multiplayer games have big big big budgets nowadays. Maybe your just noticing that.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 jun_aka_pekto

I've had my share of linear single-player FPS games that were okay: Wolfenstein 3D, The original Doom/Doom 2, Quake/Quake2, Doom 3, Half-Life 2, Bioshock/Bioshock Infinite, Hard Reset, Killzone 2 and 3, Metro 2033/Last Light Redux, Bulletstorm. Then, there was Crysis/Warhead/Crysis 2/Crysis 3. The latest linear FPS game I played was Doom 2016. All of them were okay for the most part, even Bulletstorm which I griped about in my preceding post here.

But, my favorites are the open-world ones such as Far Cry 3 and Far Cry 4. Both games have a habit of locking the player into a restricted zone when doing missions which isn't how I like it done. But, I have the freedom to chicken out at mid-mission and try again later. Otherwise, I have free-reign of my activities that do not conflict or get ahead of the storyline. The two games really came alive for me once I finished the storyline and the Reset Outpost mode became available. Free-roam and the restrictions in the storyline removed.

Then there are other shooters that seem more like RPGs. STALKER: Call of Pripyat has far more customization and interactivity between player and NPC than other FPS games. I even treat it more like an RPG even though the character doesn't level up. It too has become a favorite.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56088 Posts

I like shooters in general. Sorry but liner shooters never bothers me and as long as the game is fun, that's all that matters to me.

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@Cloud_imperium:

Interesting. Very interesting indeed... Now, what if I told you that your opinion is shit? ?

LOL this made me laugh more then it should.

PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 PrincessGomez92

@ghosts4ever said:
@princessgomez92 said:

but it might not be your type of game. its probably the most badass game i have ever played apart from Riddick EFBB. that game was so damn badass.

It is my type of game lol, love that excuse though.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
@sovkhan said:

Had the same feeling long time ago...around the end of 2004/2005!!!

After more than 10 years of the same boom boom/ dodge/ boom boom, man gets tired and bored.

Add to that, that nothing touches the spirit and greatness of the like of Tribes series and the graphics alone won't do it.

I must confess that i still play 'em old fps now and then but they are not my cup of tea anymore.

Linear or not is secondary, it's their core mechanics that need a serious reboot but we won't call 'em FPS then.

Much as I played first-person perspective games for a long time, I played third-person perspective games for a much longer period. The burn-out from the latter is much more serious. Apart from Uncharted 1 to 3, I haven't been able to finish a third-person game because I got bored with them. In fact, almost all my backlog are third-person games and heavy hitters too: Mass Effect series, MGS4, The Witcher 3, etc.

My burn-out carries over to the latest generation. Most of the exclusives are third-person games which make whatever accolades they got meaningless because I have no interest in playing those games.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

Linearity done right can be great, and shooters is one of the genres with the highest skill ceiling.

Although it can suck, when it is so linear it infringes on player expression. But some ofthe games with hte deepest player expression come not from open world games but linear games.

Crafting is little more than an annoying time sink and doesnt really add any depth to most games (it does add in certain sandbox mmorpgs and management games, but in most games it is little more than a checklist).

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TryIt

@Maroxad said:

Linearity done right can be great, and shooters is one of the genres with the highest skill ceiling.

Although it can suck, when it is so linear it infringes on player expression. But some ofthe games with hte deepest player expression come not from open world games but linear games. Crafting is little more than an annoying time sink and doesnt really add any depth to most games (it does add in certain sandbox mmorpgs and management games, but in most games it is little more than a checklist).

you make an assertion (several actually) randomly and without evidence or even examples to support it. quote below I think is horse %^&*(

But some ofthe games with hte deepest player expression come not from open world games but linear games.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@princessgomez92 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@princessgomez92 said:

than why you find its boring?

not COD enough?

PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 PrincessGomez92

@ghosts4ever said:
@princessgomez92 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@princessgomez92 said:

not COD enough?

Because the shooting sucks, no sense of impact. Weapons feel wimpy and unsatisfying to shoot. Yes, I'd rather be playing CoD because at least it plays well.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 TryIt

@princessgomez92 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@princessgomez92 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@princessgomez92 said:

not COD enough?

Because the shooting sucks, no sense of impact. Weapons feel wimpy and unsatisfying to shoot. Yes, I'd rather be playing CoD because at least it plays well.

no 'sense of impact' of the bullet ripping thru a peoples body one ever few seconds for hours.

dude you are awesome!

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Ghosts4ever

@princessgomez92 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@princessgomez92 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@princessgomez92 said:

not COD enough?

lol how shoooting suck? it has best shooting since FEAR. its a old school fast paced action game where Doom guy alone shoot waves of demons. no take cover, no regen health, no scripted sequence, no rely on set peices. just one badass Doom slayer against all demons.

COD doesnot play well since COD2.

PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 PrincessGomez92

@ghosts4ever said:
@princessgomez92 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@princessgomez92 said:
@ghosts4ever said:

not COD enough?

lol how shoooting suck? it has best shooting since FEAR. its a old school fast paced action game where Doom guy alone shoot waves of demons. no take cover, no regen health, no scripted sequence, no rely on set peices. just one badass Doom slayer against all demons.

COD doesnot play well since COD2.

I just told you why I thought it sucked, did you just decide to completely ignore that? I'm well aware of what Doom is, but none of that matters to me when it just doesn't feel good to shoot things in that game.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@princessgomez92 said:

I just told you why I thought it sucked, did you just decide to completely ignore that? I'm well aware of what Doom is, but none of that matters to me when it just doesn't feel good to shoot things in that game.

elaborate how princess?

so because Doom doesnot have aim down the sight and take cover mean its shooting suck? so in order to be good gunplay, you need to aim down sight and take cover?

no matter you also think Fear 2 is better than Original you mention numerious times before.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

@tryit said:
@Maroxad said:

Although it can suck, when it is so linear it infringes on player expression. But some ofthe games with hte deepest player expression come not from open world games but linear games. Crafting is little more than an annoying time sink and doesnt really add any depth to most games (it does add in certain sandbox mmorpgs and management games, but in most games it is little more than a checklist).

you make an assertion (several actually) randomly and without evidence or even examples to support it. quote below I think is horse %^&*(

But some ofthe games with hte deepest player expression come not from open world games but linear games.

Claims I make.

Shooters is one of the genres with the highest skill ceiling: Pretty sure this isnt all that disputed. Just look at what games are popular in esports and speed runs. Shooters are some of the most popular genres in both of these high end game categories.

Some of the deepest games being linear games: Games like Thief, Quake, MGS3, Devil May Cry or Bayonetta offer way more depth than most open world games. Mario too for that matter.

Crafting being a time sink: Yes, becase selecting items from a menu is so much depth... sarcasm. Even less depth when you can eventually pick everything anyways. All it does is provide an illusion of depth and choice.

Crafting adding depth for Sandbox MMORPGs: Politics, war declared over various resources, its impact on the economy (which actually means something in sandbox mmorpgs).

Crafting adding depth for Management games: Similar reason. Crafting adds extra things to manage (which for a management game, is kinda the point), leading to more diverse roles, and adds complexitity to what would most likely otehrwise be an extremely simple economy, and house building, now architects have to factor in things like transporting of goods (raw materials, prefabs, finished goods), ensure a steady supply, ensure stable staffing, and much more.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TryIt

@Maroxad said:
@tryit said:
@Maroxad said:

Some of the deepest games being linear games: Games like Thief, Quake, MGS3, Devil May Cry or Bayonetta offer way more depth than most open world games.

absolute and total horse %^&* those games do NOT have more depth then most open world games by a loooong shot

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 R4gn4r0k

@jun_aka_pekto said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

There were more linear games that followed: Killzones 2 and 3, Hard Reset, Bulletstorm. Bulletstorm is so fricking linear I ran into a room and the door shut behind me. I was cut off from the ammo machine which was my only means of resupply.

I think I had the exact same thing in that game.

Hate those insanely linear games that just limit you in various ways.