I'm done with this place - Goodbye thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
#1 Posted by deactivated-5cd08b1605da1 (9317 posts) -

I've been here for a while but I dont think I've ever seen this much toxicity as of lately. I may be considered a cow, a preference I never hid, but even then, and believe it or not, I always tried to be honest with my opinions. Believe it or not, I dont think I ever lied. Never ever said I've played some game I didnt just to shit on it.

But this place, this goddman place... jesus... How many times do I see people here shit on the PS "movie games" when one can say for goddman sure they've never played the goddman games? Not saying there arent those who have played them with actual criticism but those who havent are easy to spot. And most of those are hermits. Is really the PS success that hard to digest for you people? It must be, if you must be this pathetic to the point of lying in a forum just to have your "point" across

yeah, yeah, I wont be missed and all that but I'm done. I wont return to this place anytime soon. SW is a cesspool covered in filth. I will get out while I can and just enjoy games without these pathetic fibbles

Before going I want to say that not all of you are bad. I've met some constructive and "too intelligent for this place" people here. To those, farewell, to the others... yeah, grow up

#2 Posted by Ant_17 (12695 posts) -

damn, that sucks.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
#3 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3329 posts) -

Who was it?

#4 Posted by Ant_17 (12695 posts) -

@goldenelementxl: VAtsunus

#5 Edited by jeezers (3146 posts) -

What a coward lmao

#6 Posted by Subspecies (660 posts) -

I mean, basically I'm here to talk games with people that actually care about gaming. As for the others, I'm just here to mess with them a bit, have a little fun. In other words I only act serious with those that I know are serious about their opinions, and have something of a passion for video games. But the trolls get nothing but lies and generally confusing words from me--it can be fun to watch them scratch their heads. All in good fun, of course. This is the best way to keep this place from getting to you, imo.

Anyway, I never really got to know you, but it's always a bit sad to see one of the "good ones" leave. I wish you well, dude. :)

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
#7 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3329 posts) -

If the Cows leave, SW will just be Lems pretending to understand what Ronvalencia is saying while Ron tries to pretend he knowns what he’s posting. If we weren’t nearing new console launches that would be unbearable. But I think I can find entertainment for a year or so outta that...

#8 Posted by Calvincfb (0 posts) -

This place is extremely toxic, I haven't posted in almost a year and just come for the laughs.

#9 Posted by XVision84 (16289 posts) -

It sounds like you took a lot of SW trolls to heart, which is unfortunate. There are people who like to poke fun but there's good discussion too in places. Hopefully you change your mind in the future :). I have no clue who you are because all I see is deactivated, but wish ya luck in the future ✊.

#10 Posted by XVision84 (16289 posts) -

@subspecies: Agreed with this lad here. I take the same approach and I enjoy SW :)

#11 Posted by iambatman7986 (2795 posts) -

I don't come on here nearly as much as I used to. Mainly because I do very little gaming anymore and have shifted my focus to my model train layout I am working on. This place can be toxic, but I would never let it get to me in any capacity. It is literally a forum about a hobby people enjoy. People bash what they do not own and need justification for their purchase. Well, good luck to you on your ventures, I wish you the best.

#12 Posted by freedomfreak (51234 posts) -

"Grow up" says the guy getting annoyed on a messageboard called System Wars.

#13 Edited by uninspiredcup (34267 posts) -

Even with all those years, this ending is still shorter than Endgame.

#14 Posted by Sancho_Panzer (826 posts) -

@deactivated-5cd08b1605da1 said:

I've met some constructive and "too intelligent for this place" people here. To those, farewell, to the others... yeah, grow up

^Pretty sure he's talking about me.

Fare thee well too, deactivated-5cd08b1605da1, old chum! Farewell.

#15 Edited by WhatAFailure (406 posts) -

The cutscenes of Sony games are not much longer (maybe even shorter) than a lot of third-party games with cutscenes.

They attack Sony only because Sony makes those cutscenes look good. It often looks like ass on a lot of major third-party AAA games (even in 2019), where they still struggle with things like basic mouth movements, and have dead zombie eyes

#16 Edited by Fedor (5261 posts) -

Taking this forum or any of its power users serious is foolish.

#17 Posted by lundy86_4 (53600 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

"Grow up" says the guy getting annoyed on a messageboard called System Wars.

Ha, seriously.

#18 Edited by Pedro (35379 posts) -

@calvincfb said:

This place is extremely toxic, I haven't posted in almost a year and just come for the laughs.

More moronic than toxic. Console wars are dead and the only thing left now are generic insults.

#19 Posted by Macutchi (6845 posts) -
@sancho_panzer said:

I've met some constructive and "too intelligent for this place" people here. To those, farewell, to the others... yeah, grow up

^Pretty sure he's talking about me

i don't think you need to grow up pal. try not to take it so seriously. one day you think people are telling you to grow up, the next you're deactivating your account and announcing it to the forum. slippery slope

#20 Posted by DoomNukem3D (359 posts) -

System prejudice is stupid enough as it is but seeing people spew terms like Lemmings and Cows is just weird to me. I dont care what system a game is on as long as the game is good. With playstation exclusives which seems to be brought up a lot I think Uncharted is trash but I loved Bloodborne.

#21 Edited by Son-Goku7523 (955 posts) -
@whatafailure said:

The cutscenes of Sony games are not much longer (maybe even shorter) than a lot of third-party games with cutscenes.

They attack Sony only because Sony makes those cutscenes look good. It often looks like ass on a lot of major third-party AAA games (even in 2019), where they still struggle with things like basic mouth movements, and have dead zombie eyes

Pretty much. These same clowns bashing Sony's movie games would be all over them if they were on PC. How I know? A lot of them were rejoicing when Detroit was announced to be coming to PC and that's about as "movie game" as it gets. It's just simple jealousy. The hypocrisy is even more hilarious when lems (the bottom feeders with no good exclusives) get in the argument lol. Sucks OP, let the trolls get to him. When you're on top like Sony the fanboys on opposing systems are always praying that you fail, hence the trolling. I laugh off the trolling and put the clowns in their place. That's how you deal with trolls, let them know that their opinions are garbage and that they aren't on your level. Left to these clowns the only games we'd be playing are soulless trash MP games like Crackdown 3 and low budget Indie games, they have shit taste.

#22 Posted by Valgaav_219 (2469 posts) -

@fedor said:

Taking this forum or any of its power users serious is foolish.

^This. And there can be no right or wrong here because 99% of the posts you read here are literally just someone else's opinion. I enjoy it here but never allow myself to take this sh*t too seriously. It's just a way to make my workday go faster lol

#23 Edited by uninspiredcup (34267 posts) -

It's interesting how people assume SW is the only section, and there isn't like, 12 others.

And then they will use a line like "those aren't active", to justify, not bothering to post, when the reality is they are just attracted to conflict but try to pretend badly they are above it.

Disgusting hypocrisy.

#24 Posted by Sancho_Panzer (826 posts) -

@Macutchi said:
@sancho_panzer said:

^Pretty sure he's talking about me

i don't think you need to grow up pal. try not to take it so seriously. one day you think people are telling you to grow up, the next you're deactivating your account and announcing it to the forum. slippery slope

Pfft. We don't lower ourselves to such bait.

#25 Edited by DaVillain- (37414 posts) -

The first rule of System Wars is, don't take SW seriously! As for Vantusus saying goodbye:

#26 Posted by uninspiredcup (34267 posts) -

@davillain- said:

The first rule of System Wars is, don't take SW seriously! As for Vantusus saying goodbye:

I preferred the rat.

#27 Posted by cdragon_88 (1625 posts) -

LOL

#28 Posted by commander (15378 posts) -

@davillain- said:

Never even heard of this vatso guy

#29 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (19779 posts) -
@davillain- said:

Your friend has no brain if he thought that SW was supposed to have "intelligent conversations" he won't be missed

#30 Edited by BassMan (10520 posts) -

Yeah, you can't take this place seriously. Many of us are serious at times, but we also like fuckin around with people. It is silly fun. I don't hold any ill will towards any other group of gamers. Sure, I like to shit on consoles and stuff, but if you enjoy them, more power to you. I am glad you are having fun.... peasants. ;)

#31 Posted by SOedipus (11544 posts) -

@Ant_17 said:

@goldenelementxl: VAtsunus

#32 Edited by That_Old_Guy (1236 posts) -

I can assure you from experience that the whole “mass false reporting” thing just to silence users that got a sticky was done by many more hermits than anyone else.

They by far are the most petty on this forum.

It doesn’t help that many of the active mods are hermits or at least favor the PC either.

#33 Posted by Fedor (5261 posts) -

@that_old_guy: It was actually the cows, thank blackballs/needhealing for that. Your bias against pc is showing again, stop making stuff up.

#34 Posted by Worlds_Apart (190 posts) -

Reading the OP it looks like the lemmings got to a cow

#35 Posted by Archangel3371 (28343 posts) -

Well, bye.

#36 Posted by Gamerno6666 (6843 posts) -

There was a games discussion forum on this site dude. Anyways good luck. Hope you can get away from this online forum addiction thingy.

#37 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (3399 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: Posting in other sections won't net you a response for like two days. This is the only truly active part of the GameSpot forums left.

And I totally get it. People have been posting the same things ad nauseam for years. Go back five or ten years and you'll see the exact same threads posted by a lot of the same people. There's a small few that actually engage in real conversation.

#38 Posted by Ant_17 (12695 posts) -

@SOedipus:

#39 Posted by That_Old_Guy (1236 posts) -

@fedor: I don’t care what you think, say or know about the around when it was posted. It had been going on for years.

So again, you can call me bias and “I’m showing” all you want...you don’t have to believe me.

And if you’re a mod and that’s how you know recent events: then A. You shouldn’t be naming names B. Again this was a problem for years and C. If you’re not a mod then pot meet kettle

#40 Edited by Rockman999 (7508 posts) -

zWhew chile the thin skin... 😂 Bro did you really have to make a thread with a several paragraph intro over System Wars? 🤦🏿‍♂️ Come on bro. Who cares about what the slack jawed yokels too poor to grasp the greatness that is The PlayStation Domination Continuation?

#42 Posted by xantufrog (11608 posts) -

Jeez, the TC doesn't even exist here now. I think this has run its course