IGN Xbox Unlocked Podcast "I dunno why I'm buying this console." (Four Hardcore Xbox guys on Xbox SeX)

• 65 results
Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Holy crap this is bad. Your most hardcore base is questioning buying this console at launch. The guys who show up day one with 600 dollars waiting in line for this thing. The people in the gaming industry that need this to critique it.

These should be automatic sales, the casuals aren't gonna line up day one, thats the hardcore, the bread and butter of your system. Microsoft you need to deliver for these people.

I dunno what to say this is a disaster. What do you guys think about this? Will this end up being a rough launch for X-Series X?

Look at these people they look super depressed about the Halo Infinite delay, two of em said at atleast we got gamepass but then the other guy was like no thats not good enough for him.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@ProtossRushX: You watched an hour long show on Xbox so you could find some dirt, that's beyond pathetic, you should oh i don't know play some games perhaps.

PS...what's your gamertag?

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BenjaminBanklin  Online
Member since 2004 • 11086 Posts

No compelling software, scared to reveal a price, clowned by PC hardware. Microsoft is acting shook over Xbox and their base is wondering what the **** is even happening right now. People can't even see games running on the thing and there's been very little launch marketing. Oh, it's looking super spooky out here for XBots.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@BenjaminBanklin said:

No compelling software, scared to reveal a price, clowned by PC hardware. Microsoft is acting shook over Xbox and their base is wondering what the **** is even happening right now. People can't even see games running on the thing and there's been very little launch marketing. Oh, it's looking super spooky out here for XBots.

Exactly dude the first thing I look at when I buy a new console is the gameplay screen shots on the back of the box.

I don't care about the system, I care about the games. No Gameplay, no buy.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

Which day one exclusives does PS5 have?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74

@R4gn4r0k said:
@ProtossRushX said:

You kiddin me dude? It's got Spiderman MM with maybe Spiderman remastered for the PS5 all in one package.

We got Ratchet Rift Apart/Demon Souls Remake/Gran Turismo 7 coming in PS5 launch window.

We got Horizon Zero Dawn 2 coming up the rear from guerrilla, we got a new Uncharted being worked on and we got naughty dog doing something and God of War 2 coming down the pipeline and day's gone 2. Probably a persona 6, ff7 remake part 2 timed again. Ghost of Tsushima 2 further down. We got some big hitters dude got some friggin hitters.

Dagubot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 Dagubot
Member since 2020 • 421 Posts

@ProtossRushX: So a bunch of somethings, probably, and maybe? Stop posting fake boy 😂

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

The worlds most powerful console.

The best current announced line up.

Best looking and running multiplats

Gamepass.

Is why I’m buying it

HaH

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

Well there's no exclusives, they already said their games will come out on all Xbox consoles. A hardware update on it's own shouldn't be the most exciting thing about the console. It used to be getting great new games you couldn't play before or anywhere else. For me there would be no reason to not just wait for deals and price drops.

Even with the original Xbox One, originally there was a high tech version of kinect and exclusives back then, so there was an appeal for new experiences and games you couldn't get anywhere else. That is what buying a console is about and that is exciting.

To me, Xbox has become unexciting. They basically just sell the equivalent to graphics card updates. On the PC that's fine and great, but as a point of excitement for buying a new console, it's actually pretty boring.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@ProtossRushX said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@ProtossRushX said:

You kiddin me dude? It's got Spiderman MM with maybe Spiderman remastered for the PS5 all in one package.

We got Ratchet Rift Apart/Demon Souls Remake/Gran Turismo 7 coming in PS5 launch window.

We got Horizon Zero Dawn 2 coming up the rear from guerrilla, we got a new Uncharted being worked on and we got naughty dog doing something and God of War 2 coming down the pipeline and day's gone 2. Probably a persona 6, ff7 remake part 2 timed again. Ghost of Tsushima 2 further down. We got some big hitters dude got some friggin hitters.

I love how protoss is shilling these games and yet has played none of the previous games on his PS4 here look at his played games.

@dagubot said:

@ProtossRushX: So a bunch of somethings, probably, and maybe? Stop posting fake boy 😂

Yep look at link above, talking up all these games and hasn't even played the previous games in the series, fakeboy confirmed LOL.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Holy shit. Are you telling me that even gaming sites are beginning to poop on the XSX? How long until MS forces Phil to get back at making console exclusives? A console cannot survive without a reason to be purchased, and that reason are games, games not available elsewhere. XSX will continue to sell just like the current XboneX, and the sales are so poor MS hasn't mentioned anything sales related in years. Lems are f*cked 😫

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@ProtossRushX said:

I asked for day one exclusives. Because I know that HZD and Ratchet are coming up, and those are the games I would buy a PS5 for.

Spiderman isn't an exclusive for PS5, I can play it on PS4.

So that leaves Miles Morales, a standalone expansion for Spiderman.

That's... that's actually the worst launch for a console I've ever seen. Not saying Xbox is any better, because it's not.

But holy hell, why are we buying these consoles again?

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

This guy is obsessed with the Xbox, talk about basement dwelling to a new whole level.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

What is the difference between crossbuy and smart delivery?

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@ProtossRushX: If Sony's exclusives are so compelling, why haven't you played any of them? Not one?

You've been exposed as a serious fakeboy, and should leave these forums with your fake tail between your fake ass legs.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

Honestly I'd be surprised if the XSX sells 40mil during it's span. They are trying to create an eco system not be part of the console wars. I do like it cause means I don't have to buy their console (Will pick one up second hand for the kids though eventually) . I love Gamepass though and will continue to use it, just on PC.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

@sakaixx said:

PC has been using smart delivery for years and its something new for console gamers this time around. Smart delivery means you'll always be playing the latest up-to-date game and you only need to buy it only once! Buy the game once, you'll get the other version for free. Cyberpunk 2077 is doing smart delivery. Buy the PS4/Xbox One versions and you'll get the PS5/XSX versions at no charge.

Cross buy on the other hand. It means you get two versions of the game for the price of one. You get one to download for your PS4 and if you have a PS Vita you also get a copy of the Vita version. Some games even have cross save so you can play the PS4 version. Save your games to the cloud, then play that save on the Vita version on your Vita.

Get it?

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

You can’t blame Xbox and PlayStation for the lackluster hardware. That’s on AMD. I’m sure AMD promised the world, but in the end you get what you pay for. AMD is always the lowest bidder in these console contracts. Maybe 7 years of these weakass consoles (again) will wake folks up.

It’s time to drop AMD for GPU tech. And the only reason their CPUs are competitive is because intel has been asleep at the wheel since 2011. But at this point the only reason consoles are holding back game development is because AMD is holding back the consoles.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Well they're not buying it. IGN is buying theirs for them. They dodged a $500-$600 bullet.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

You get a powerful PC, built by pros, for a very good price. You get a good gamepad and a guarantee that all third party games will be optimized for it over at least the coming five years.

It’s not a bad deal imo, if you don’t care about Sony first parties.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Reasons why I’m not buying a PS4.

*poor exclusives - I don’t care about 3rd person single player games, anime games, or interactive movie

*poor customer service

*poor controller

*poor online representation

*weaker hardware

*poor innovation

Reasons why I’m buying an XSX

*exclusives I like

*best controller in the industry

*best online service in the industry

*day one library of hundreds of games

*most powerful next gen console meaning superior versions of every multiplat

*innovation

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#22 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69462 Posts

@davillain-: In addition to that it only downloads what is needed such as languages and version so that if you are on the Xbox One and your language is English it only downloads assets for the Xbox one and only English.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

A console cannot survive without a reason to be purchased, and that reason are games, games not available elsewhere.

Of course, in reality most people (going by sales) don't care about exclusives and just play FIFA, COD and GTA anyway ;)

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sakaiXx

@davillain-: thanks! These marketing buzzword can get confusing.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 sakaiXx
@Pedro said:

@davillain-: In addition to that it only downloads what is needed such as languages and version so that if you are on the Xbox One and your language is English it only downloads assets for the Xbox one and only English.

Ah nice. Wondered why the recent CoD Warzone update on Xbone was 66gb while others is only 1 gb and this is the reason. Smart.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44162 Posts

Meh. That’s fine if some people such as these don’t feel compelled to purchase the Xbox Series X, doesn’t really bother me. Sure it would have been plenty awesome to have a great Halo: Infinite game to go along with it at launch. Still though I’m plenty hyped to get the XSX myself. I’m just excited to get my hands on the new hardware in general and check out how some of my current gen games run on it. Plus I’ll enjoy some third party games until some of the first party content such as Halo releases for it later on.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 sealionact

@locopatho: Proof of that is the OP....who hasn't bought any exclusives and yet insists it's the reason he is buying a ps5.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Pedro

@sakaixx said:

Ah nice. Wondered why the recent CoD Warzone update on Xbone was 66gb while others is only 1 gb and this is the reason. Smart.

Smart delivery is not an active feature at the moment.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

@Sevenizz said:

*poor exclusives - I don’t care about 3rd person single player games, anime games, or interactive movie

*poor customer service

*poor controller

*weaker hardware

*poor innovation

*exclusives I like

*innovation

Maybe you should by a PS5 instead :P

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By sakaiXx

@Pedro said:

Figures. Xbox just can't catch a break

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74

@i_p_daily said:

I love how protoss is shilling these games and yet has played none of the previous games on his PS4 here look at his played games.

I see Bloodborne on there and I beat that entire game and the secret end boss trophy is unlocked.

I'm day one getting demon souls remake its same kinda game as Bloodborne.

I also want to jump in with Spiderman MM and the PS5 remaster I don't want to play it on PS4 im waiting for the sick PS5 upgrades to jump into Spiderman. Ray tracing better textures etc.

So Yeah I am getting 2 launch exclusives for PS5 and I will show you when I get them.

People jump into new series all the time I skipped street fighter 4 on PS3 but then I bought SF5 cause it looked sexy I jumped in on PS4.

This happens all the time dude. People skip a game in the series or it just looks at the time and they get it.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

@davillain- said:
@sakaixx said:

PC has been using smart delivery for years and its something new for console gamers this time around. Smart delivery means you'll always be playing the latest up-to-date game and you only need to buy it only once! Buy the game once, you'll get the other version for free. Cyberpunk 2077 is doing smart delivery. Buy the PS4/Xbox One versions and you'll get the PS5/XSX versions at no charge.

Cross buy on the other hand. It means you get two versions of the game for the price of one. You get one to download for your PS4 and if you have a PS Vita you also get a copy of the Vita version. Some games even have cross save so you can play the PS4 version. Save your games to the cloud, then play that save on the Vita version on your Vita.

Get it?

One thing Sony hasn't explicitly stated with crossbuy support...If you buy the PS5 version of a game, will you be able to play the PS4 version for free?

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#33 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Lol they know exactly why they are buying.

Because they are in the business of talking about video games.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

Its easy to see why its a bit worrisome for MS side of media. If ps5 really has Demon Souls, GT7, RC, Spiderman, Housemarque game and the indies at launch window then its not even a fight. Honestly like them or hate them that will be a more impressive launch than previous years.

I think Nvidia also hurts xbox a bit more then playstation.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f58f7bf5ecf3
deactivated-5f58f7bf5ecf3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5f58f7bf5ecf3
Member since 2020 • 293 Posts

@ellos said:

Its easy to see why its a bit worrisome for MS side of media. If ps5 really has Demon Souls, GT7, RC, Spiderman, Housemarque game and the indies at launch window then its not even a fight. Honestly like them or hate them that will be a more impressive launch than previous years.

I think Nvidia also hurts xbox a bit more then playstation.

This is entirely correct.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2251 Posts

@ProtossRushX: is demon souls remake confirmed for launch? Or you actually trying to pass of the Spider-Man upgrade and the expansion as two different launch exclusive for the ps5?? Lol even for you that is sad...

And yeah both console have a horrible horrible launch lineup... I am hoping that it’s because of COVID-19 and not by planning... I mean Nvidia have managed to generate more hype with their new graphic cards than both launches combined! Would be hillarious if it wasn’t so sad...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@Sevenizz said:

*poor customer service

*poor controller

*weaker hardware

*poor innovation

*exclusives I like

*innovation

All right man I'll bite

I don't care about Flight simulators flying over clouds for hours and Forza Racing Simulators going around in circles for 100 laps, I also don't like games that look worse than 360 games like Halo infinite and I don't like multiplayer games that are dead online likes gear of war 4 and 5 that has 300 active players on steam.

I hate recore I hate crackdown I hate quantum break I hate sea of thieves I hate battletoads

*poor customer service

My original xbox had to be sent for repairs for months to get the Thompson disc drive repaired and I was unable to play the system. My 360 got RROD and I had to buy whole new system. All my playstation systems are still working to this day with no issue ive never had to contact playstation support and my ps1 is older than my xbox and played way more.

*poor controller

The Dual shock 4 is > Xbone controller

The Dual Sense looks another massive upgrade again and will crush the revised x-series x controller that still use AA batteries in 2020

Playstation has more users online than xbox, its been proven time and Time again. The Ques are firing faster there's more people, people there friends are on playstation they have to be playstation its a chain reaction. The bigger player base is on playstation. Xbox is missing fall guys and it was missing rocket league for years 2 huge multiplayer I have no idea why.

*weaker hardware

The SSD looks stronger than the in x-series x and the ps5.

*poor innovation

X-Series X didn't innovate at all its one of the most boring console upgrades ive ever its a gpu/cpu upgrade where's adaptive triggers where the haptic feedback where's VR?

*exclusives I like

There is no exclusives at launch its multiplat box. the games years out for the system.

its worse then dual shock let alone the new DualSense

Its 100 dollars year they took away 12 month you cant play free games on xbox for free like fortnite war zone your paying microsoft 100 dollars year for nothing. PC is completely free, Sony is 40 dollars cheaper has more people playing online.

It has the worst launch lineup in history I made a thread about how xbox guys were pissed at the lineup dunno why they are buying the system.

We don't know that yet we haven't seen any games running on x-series x, we've seen ps5 footage and pc footage we can't compare right now we dunno what it looks like the x.

*innovation

X-series X has zero innovation its pure power upgrade you just get more power nothing was innovative there is no games for it its just here's a gpu and cpu and the controller is the same cept they copied Sony's share button.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

@ProtossRushX: You watched an hour long show on Xbox so you could find some dirt, that's beyond pathetic, you should oh i don't know play some games perhaps.

Sounds like IP is mad because a bunch of hard core lems are questioning why they should buy the most paper weight ever made .

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Phlop_Spencer
Member since 2020 • 1476 Posts

@daredevils2k said:
@i_p_daily said:

Sounds like IP is mad because a bunch of hard core lems are questioning why they should buy the most paper weight ever made .

oh yea he's triggered beyond belief.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Pedro

@sakaixx said:
@Pedro said:

Figures. Xbox just can't catch a break

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

Personally, i wouldn't buy an X Series, i would much rather buy a high end PC ... not to mention PS5 has, at least for me, much better exclusives. Still the brand has some recognition left and Game Pass sounds like a hell of a deal, so who knows, maybe it will be a much bigger succes than i have tought.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@ProtossRushX said:
@i_p_daily said:

I see Bloodborne on there and I beat that entire game and the secret end boss trophy is unlocked.

I'm day one getting demon souls remake its same kinda game as Bloodborne.

I also want to jump in with Spiderman MM and the PS5 remaster I don't want to play it on PS4 im waiting for the sick PS5 upgrades to jump into Spiderman. Ray tracing better textures etc.

So Yeah I am getting 2 launch exclusives for PS5 and I will show you when I get them.

People jump into new series all the time I skipped street fighter 4 on PS3 but then I bought SF5 cause it looked sexy I jumped in on PS4.

This happens all the time dude. People skip a game in the series or it just looks at the time and they get it.

You're a fakeboy. all the shilling of MM, R & C, GT7 etc and you haven't played the earlier games on the PS4 you own and haven't played since January 2019 lol.

You're not a Xbox, PS, Nintendo or a PC guy, you're a fakeboy guy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
@phlop_spencer said:
@daredevils2k said:
@i_p_daily said:

Oh look the SDF are here to help out a fake cow.

I don't get triggered like quack quack. And deflection2k don't you have another fail worthy anti Xbox thread to write like this one lol.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 sealionact

@daredevils2k: Nah, we're laughing because the most hardcore cow out there hasn't touched his console in ages, and hasn't played any of those exclusives that are apparently so irresistible.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 sealionact

@ProtossRushX: No God of war? Spiderman? Uncharted? Ghost? HZD? Lou2? Death Rising? Days gone?

Sony's biggest fanboy doesn't like Sony games😅😅😅

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@phlop_spencer said:
@daredevils2k said:
@i_p_daily said:

Oh look the SDF are here to help out a fake cow.

I don't get triggered like quack quack. And deflection2k don't you have another fail worthy anti Xbox thread to write like this one lol.

speaking of, thanks for the reminder.

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2310 Posts

Xbox hasn't made compelling games and that doesn't seem to be changing

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7165 Posts

@bluestars said:

The worlds most powerful console.

The best current announced line up.

Best looking and running multiplats

Gamepass.

Is why I’m buying it

HaH

funny how you say best current gen line up and not best next gen line up.

funny how you guys say best multiplat games. only if the developer takes the time to do so.

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1474 Posts

There's zero reason to get any of these console at launch imo.