IGN Reviews Crashmo (Pushmo Sequel)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by charizard1605 (82615 posts) -

And they gave it a *drumroll*

[spoiler] 9.5 [/spoiler]

Crashmo is a more than fitting follow-up to last years breakout eshop hit, Pushmo. The puzzles are clever and addictive, and the new sliding mechanic, new gadgets and updated camera controls do a bang-up job of making this experience feel fresh and distinct. This game is a must download for any 3DS owner, especially fans of the puzzle genre.

If you havent played Pushmo, Id suggest starting there. You dont really need to, but its the best way to truly appreciate Crashmo's brilliant evolution of that original idea. Either way, if youve somehow managed to miss out on Mallos puzzle adventures this long, nows the time to make things right.IGN

I need to get this now.

#2 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

got it :cool:

#3 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (35510 posts) -

Yeah I bought it a about a week ago, got as far as the door puzzles and have been enjoying it alot.

perhaps it's just me but I'm finding the puzzles in Crashmo harder than the ones in Pushmo. I've gotten stumped on some 2-star puzzles even. =/

#4 Posted by RulerofGondor (401 posts) -
Inb4 7.5 at Gamespot
#5 Posted by PhazonBlazer (12013 posts) -

I still don't have Pushmo or Crashmo :P

#6 Posted by MaskedPlayer (892 posts) -

Never even knew this game existed.

Im buying it right now!

#7 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

Buying it soon :).

#8 Posted by Wanderer5 (25727 posts) -

got it :cool:

Jonwh18

Me too.:D I didn't think that they could top Pushmo, but man they really did.

perhaps it's just me but I'm finding the puzzles in Crashmo harder than the ones in Pushmo. I've gotten stumped on some 2-star puzzles even. =/

DJ-Lafleur

I got stuck on some 2-star ones too. It much easier to screw up in this one, but the puzzles so far are still very well made.

#9 Posted by charizard1605 (82615 posts) -

I still don't have Pushmo or Crashmo :P

PhazonBlazer
Time to fix that
#10 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

Inb4 7.5 at GamespotRulerofGondor
it will get Mcshaed.

Tom: "well I'm a fvcking dumbsh!t and couldn't figure out some of the puzzles. Also there weren't any horses and the mtion control was non existant and it wasn't on rails like the type of games I like. Plus even though this isn't a zelda game, there are a lot of zelda related thing which I wanted them to include but they didn't. Because of these cons I have to give chrashmo a 2.5"

#11 Posted by TheEpicGoat (2006 posts) -

So like, Crashmo > Journey?

#12 Posted by funsohng (29841 posts) -
[size=20]9GN[/size] just saying.
#13 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

[QUOTE="RulerofGondor"]Inb4 7.5 at GamespotJonwh18

it will get Mcshaed.

Tom: "well I'm a fvcking dumbsh!t and couldn't figure out some of the puzzles. Also there weren't any horses and the mtion control was non existant and it wasn't on rails like the type of games I like. Plus even though this isn't a zelda game, there are a lot of zelda related thing which I wanted them to include but they didn't. Because of these cons I have to give chrashmo a 2.5"

Skyward Sword is closer to a 7.5 than it is a 10. Get over it :P.

Pushmo was awesome and Crashmo looks awesome too.

#14 Posted by Grawse (4342 posts) -
Maybe I should get Pushmo, I hardly touch my 3DS these days.
#15 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

[QUOTE="RulerofGondor"]Inb4 7.5 at GamespotNaveedLife

it will get Mcshaed.

so is metal gear 4:|

#16 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22928 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

[QUOTE="RulerofGondor"]Inb4 7.5 at GamespotNaveedLife

it will get Mcshaed.

he was digging at Mcshea giving fable the journey an 8. (the on rails and horses and all)
#17 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"] it will get Mcshaed.

Jonwh18

he was digging at Mcshea giving fable the journey an 8. (the on rails and horses and all)

Yeah I should have read further :P. My bad, admittedly.

#18 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"] it will get Mcshaed.

Jonwh18

I thought you were talking about SKyward Sword at first, in which case (or other cases) the scores on IGN and GS differed. MGS4 did not differ in score. MGS4 is amazing :).

#20 Posted by DarkLink77 (32731 posts) -

A 9 + at IGN says nothing about the game's quality.

It means the game exists.

#21 Posted by funsohng (29841 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

NaveedLife

I thought you were talking about SKyward Sword at first, in which case (or other cases) the scores on IGN and GS differed. MGS4 did not differ in score. MGS4 is amazing :).

Except it's not perfect. Or prime. In fact, it isn't the best MGS game. It also had pisspoor story.
#22 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"] so is metal gear 4:|

funsohng

Except it's not perfect. Or prime. In fact, it isn't the best MGS game. It also had pisspoor story.

Noone said it was perfect. Nothing is perfect.

It is the best MGS game in my opinion, this coming from a guy who never gave a crap about the series until 3 years ago, when I played 1-4 back to back. MGS4 > MGS1 > MGS3 > MGS2

Anyway! Pushmo was great and I am sure GS will give Crashmo at least an 8, but probably higher.

#23 Posted by funsohng (29841 posts) -

[QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

NaveedLife

It is the best MGS game in my opinion, this coming from a guy who never gave a crap about the series until 3 years ago, when I played 1-4 back to back. MGS4 > MGS1 > MGS3 > MGS2

Anyway! Pushmo was great and I am sure GS will give Crashmo at least an 8, but probably higher.

I actually did the same thing. And my point still stands. MGS1 is borderline unplayable now, unless you play Twin Snake.
#24 Posted by LadyBlue (4943 posts) -

NaveedLife

Nostalgia is a huge factor when it comes to ranking the mgs games. Personally, I though it was great. I'd rank the main series MGS3>MGS2=MGSTS>MGS4>MGS I've heard good things about pushmo.
#25 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="funsohng"] Except it's not perfect. Or prime. In fact, it isn't the best MGS game. It also had pisspoor story.funsohng

I actually did the same thing. And my point still stands. MGS1 is borderline unplayable now, unless you play Twin Snake.

I played the original on PS1 (on my PS2) and loved it (9.5). How is it unplayable? :?

#26 Posted by LadyBlue (4943 posts) -

NaveedLife

I played the original on PS1 (on my PS2) and loved it (9.5). How is it unplayable? :?

It's not that it's really unplayable, it's just that TS has better controls/camera.
#27 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="funsohng"] I actually did the same thing. And my point still stands. MGS1 is borderline unplayable now, unless you play Twin Snake.Pete-B

It's not that it's really unplayable, it's just that TS has better controls/camera.

I don't remember having any issue with those things. The only "issue" is that it is sorta ugly, but given its overhead playstyle, it is no big deal.

#28 Posted by psymon100 (6835 posts) -

A 9 + at IGN says nothing about the game's quality.

It means the game exists.

DarkLink77

I get it!

Pushmo is awesome. As soon as I got my 3ds I bought it right away, made the whole console worthwhile instantly.

Avatar image for todd2r_Partdeux
#29 Posted by todd2r_Partdeux (762 posts) -
Pushmo is awesome and I'm sure I will give Crashmo a chance here soon. Once again the E-shop proves itself at being one of the best reasons to own a 3DS. Very underrated is the E-shop.
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
#30 Posted by deactivated-57ad0e5285d73 (21398 posts) -
I will be buying this for my Playstation Vita on day one.
#31 Posted by OB-47 (10909 posts) -

A 9 at IGN means the game works.

#32 Posted by Crazyguy105 (9513 posts) -

This makes me want the game even more. Soon!

#34 Posted by whiskeystrike (12172 posts) -

pushmo is like the one 3ds game everyone likes that I have no interest in playing.

can't trust the 3ds fanbase after the horror that was 3d land. only game i've traded in this year.