IGN has a poll on which console gamers are wanting to buy, and isn't good for MS :( (UPDATED)

• 90 results
sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#51 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

@daredevils2k: What is the difference in this update from the original post?

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11084 Posts

@Pedro said:

@BenjaminBanklin: You are not reading what you are typing. Here is your third opportunity, why would MS be scared?

I've explained more than three times. But, just because my comments leave you with gnashed teeth and teary eyes doesn't mean they're not answers. 🤣 You want me to lay MORE butthurt on you? Geez you're a glutton for punishment.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10613 Posts

@i_p_daily:

MS easily.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#54 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69451 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin: No, you just rambled as usual and still couldn't address the simple question. Thanks for embarrassing yourself, you always know how to make me look good.😂

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#55 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts
@BassMan said:
@masonshoemocker said:
@davillain- said:

If one has a gaming PC, it's obviously that person will buy PS5 over XSX. Can't say I blame'em.

Not necessarily. I have a pretty good gaming PC (if a 1080 Ti is still considered 'good') but I choose to play a lot of multi-player games on the Xbox due to aimbotters/wallhacks on the PC. I do play a lot of single player games on the PC though.

Honestly, the cheating situation on PC has gotten worse. I never really encountered too many cheaters over the years until Battlefield V. There are a lot of cheaters now. It does ruin a server when you run into them. So, I don't blame people for wanting to escape to console. However, I just can't bring myself to play MP FPS games on consoles. The quality is shit. So, I just stick it out on PC and make the most of it with the cheaters.

Bring back self-hosted private servers in MP FPS games!

It's easy to find and kick a cheater in a small community on Discord or something like that.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 BenjaminBanklin

@Pedro said:

@BenjaminBanklin: No, you just rambled as usual and still couldn't address the simple question. Thanks for embarrassing yourself, you always know how to make me look good.😂

Asking people to repeat points for you multiple times when they've explained themselves kind of makes you look stupid, fella. I mean, you know. I'm just sayin'. Can I get you a box of tissue? I'll get you the kind with aloe. Don't want ya to get puffy eyes.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Asking people to repeat points for you multiple times when they've explained themselves kind of makes you look stupid, fella. I mean, you know. I'm just sayin'. Can I get you a box of tissue? I'll get you the kind with aloe. Don't want ya to get puffy eyes.

Seems like you are struggling with basic concepts. A simple question "Why is MS scared" is met with a response "Because they are scared." makes it very clear that the question forces you to back it up with substance which you apparently can't. You are free to actually answer the question at anytime, even now.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#58 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5168 Posts

@ocinom said:

Small Sample size.

No it's not.....

I've done polls and surveys before, and anything over 5000 is excessive. You end up getting the same results without much difference, its not worth the time, money, and effort to survey more than 5000

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 BenjaminBanklin

@Pedro said:

Seems like you are struggling with basic concepts. A simple question "Why is MS scared" is met with a response "Because they are scared." makes it very clear that the question forces you to back it up with substance which you apparently can't. You are free to actually answer the question at anytime, even now.

Do you need a diagram or a cheat sheet to help you out now? I don't know how I can explain this for you any more. I don't think I should have to translate all my answers to "Pedro" (i.e. tip toe around Xbox so he doesn't get all in his feelings) when English has been fine so far.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

@i_p_daily: but isn't MS not in competition with Sony like they said? Why hold back the price? Plus MS went first, nice try. Buh buh teh teraflops...

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Pedro said:

Why would they be "scared"?

And as usual Phil is part of your discourse. You really love this man.🤣

Because they are scared. They've been talking up "transparency" about their product when that's a big load of garbage and they're not even controlling the next-gen narrative despite having the most powerful system. Playstation merely reveals logos and everybody forgets about Xbox... that's not good.

And yes, I'm going to bring up Phil Spencer because this project is his baby. He's the wolf in sheep's clothing that decided a price reveal should be a game of chess, because now he has to figure out just how much of his company's money he's going to waste in this dick-measuring contest. MS just shut down Mixer and closed their retail outlets. They're not going to cut this guy slack like they used to.

Dang. Solid points.

VirusVaccine21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 VirusVaccine21
Member since 2020 • 748 Posts

@ocinom said:

Small Sample size.

Except it's the same size the PS4 beat the xbone this gen.

VirusVaccine21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 VirusVaccine21
@rzxv04 said:

Not really. Still amazed Xbox's getting about half or more.

44% is not half or more.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#64 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

I believe the PS5 will out sell the XSX, but both will be exceptional consoles with great exclusive games. I will purchase the multiplatform games for the XSX, simply because I love the controller so much better on the Xbox brand to this point. I always detested the PS controller no matter what generation it was. I will still be buying the PS5 eventually a little down the road.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@sakaixx said:

@daredevils2k: What is the difference in this update from the original post?

2k vote to 16k now 24k

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:

I didn't say MS should have revealed the price last year, I'm saying they had tons of opportunity to do it since revealing the console, and it's obvious why they're not right now. Phil wants have a mic-drop moment AND reveal a shittier cheaper version of the X? What is he doing over there?

As had Sony so not sure why you ignore 1 company while calling out the other. Oh I know, it's because you're a MS hating fanboy. Your motto is "I don't love my console, I just hate yours" just as it's been in the past

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7163 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

I really hope MS does very well this gen. They're doing everything i always wanted from a console maker. As powerful as possible with no bottlenecks, 2 different systems at launch to give customers choice and a well designed box that look good, will most likely run very cool and quiet. Only failing on the exclusives side, but with game pass, i get why they went into the direction.

well if you want a system with less bottlenecks your in the wrong camp lol. ps5 has proven it has less bottle necks. hence why xbox got there ssd at 40% instead of 100%. not just for loading also streaming at those speeds.

what if the series x is the loud machine this gen we don't know. we have two systems but there both at the same power level which i think is better for the consumer. why buy a gimped down next gen machine? to save only 200. you guys are laughing at ps5 power but want the low end spec machine i don't get it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Pedro

@gifford38 said:

well if you want a system with less bottlenecks your in the wrong camp lol. ps5 has proven it has less bottle necks. hence why xbox got there ssd at 40% instead of 100%. not just for loading also streaming at those speeds.

what if the series x is the loud machine this gen we don't know. we have two systems but there both at the same power level which i think is better for the consumer. why buy a gimped down next gen machine? to save only 200. you guys are laughing at ps5 power but want the low end spec machine i don't get it.

You love talking shit but then cry when people call you out on your nonsense. The PS5 has not proven shit. The same applies to the Series X. Stop spewing nonsense.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Pedro said:

Do you need a diagram or a cheat sheet to help you out now? I don't know how I can explain this for you any more. I don't think I should have to translate all my answers to "Pedro" (i.e. tip toe around Xbox so he doesn't get all in his feelings) when English has been fine so far.

You know perfectly well that Microsoft has not done its proper keynote showing of the Xbox Series X.

You also know WHEN Microsoft plans on doing that (July), and that information as significant as a price reveal would likely be done at an event such as its official keynote showing. yet you're pretending to be perplexed about why Microsoft hasn't revealed the price yet, despite not having their showing yet.

Its not exactly clear what exactly you're asking Microsoft to do differently. Do you want them to randomly drop the price in a blog post on Xbox Wire? Maybe tweet about it? Write it on a napkin? You're not really interested in the price reveal nor are you at all concerned with the interests of the Xbox Brand, or its fans, and if you were, you know when those things are likely to happen. Just more FUD, and concern trolling.

Sony has had its headline keynote event already, and they still didnt reveal the price. If MS doesnt reveal the price next month, that's the time to be concerned.

xHedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 xHedon
Member since 2018 • 293 Posts

@warmblur: Uncharted and Gran Turismo don’t cut it anymore..

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#72 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@ermacness said:

@i_p_daily:

MS easily.

Cow says what?

@Sagemode87 said:

@i_p_daily: but isn't MS not in competition with Sony like they said? Why hold back the price? Plus MS went first, nice try. Buh buh teh teraflops...

MS always goes first just like at E3, Sony are cowards why didn't they reveal the price with its big console/games reveal? Sony is the sales leader and should be confident, but instead they're scared of MS lol, but, but, teh SSD.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#73 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@xhedon said:

@warmblur: Uncharted and Gran Turismo don’t cut it anymore..

Agree

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 BenjaminBanklin

@StrongDeadlift said:

You know perfectly well that Microsoft has not done its proper keynote showing of the Xbox Series X.

You also know WHEN Microsoft plans on doing that (July), and that information as significant as a price reveal would likely be done at an event such as its official keynote showing. yet you're pretending to be perplexed about why Microsoft hasn't revealed the price yet, despite not having their showing yet.

Its not exactly clear what exactly you're asking Microsoft to do differently. Do you want them to randomly drop the price in a blog post on Xbox Wire? Maybe tweet about it? Write it on a napkin? You're not really interested in the price reveal nor are you at all concerned with the interests of the Xbox Brand, or its fans, and if you were, you know when those things are likely to happen. Just more FUD, and concern trolling.

Sony has had its headline keynote event already, and they still didnt reveal the price. If MS doesnt reveal the price next month, that's the time to be concerned.

So you know for sure that Xbox is going to reveal the price there? Because you're going to sound pretty silly if they don't. It's a given that no one wants to make a move without the other revealing their hand. I mean, there's no traditional E3 conference being held this year, so they really could announce it any way they choose. And yeah, I don't care about what Xbox fans think, or this console, as I don't have to buy it to play their games. Nice segue into victimhood there, BTW.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

I figure the Xbox's position isn't going to change much into the next gen. It's why they're playing price-chicken with Sony now. Which I don't know why. They're putting up a cheap next gen offering to the public that's supposed to alleviate the sticker shock of the stronger box. Kinda makes all the "we're not in competition with Sony" talk a bunch of horseshit.

Sony had the perfect opportunity to announce the price at its recent show and didn't, so who's playing price chicken again?

So do we know the xbox price on any flavor?

ocinom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 ocinom
Member since 2008 • 1385 Posts

@virusvaccine21 said:
@ocinom said:

Small Sample size.

Millions is different from thousands. Stay in school

VirusVaccine21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 VirusVaccine21

@ocinom said:
@virusvaccine21 said:
@ocinom said:

Small Sample size.

Millions is different from thousands. Stay in school

Maybe you should learn about reading comprehension, before spouting such stupidity. I said same size, which if you use logic was 2:1, exactly the same as this poll.

sheep99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 sheep99
Member since 2020 • 1254 Posts

Its all about games and the more exclusive you have on your console you can build a fan base that no matter what will buy your console because of the games people like

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@tormentos: Sony has nothing left to reveal other than price and their big event was the perfect opportunity to do so, but no they're hiding it for some reason.

Now MS still has first party games and possibly another console to announce, so them revealing the price before its July show would be stupid on their part.

If MS doesn't reveal its price(s) for its upcoming console(s) in July then you can say they are both trying to one up each other.

Until then you just keep towing Sony's company line cow.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
deactivated-5fd4737f5f083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
Member since 2018 • 937 Posts

Doesn't take any genius to know the xbox is not as popular not to mention it's lack of quality exclusive titles. People with decent PC's would believe crazy to choose it also since most games will be on Windows. Not a surprising result.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By tormentos

@i_p_daily said:

@tormentos: Sony has nothing left to reveal other than price and their big event was the perfect opportunity to do so, but no they're hiding it for some reason.

Now MS still has first party games and possibly another console to announce, so them revealing the price before its July show would be stupid on their part.

If MS doesn't reveal its price(s) for its upcoming console(s) in July then you can say they are both trying to one up each other.

You don't know that it was say not everything was reveal by sony and more announcement would fallow.

Stop MS had been talking shit about been trasnparent meanwhile they don't talk about price even that they show the unit long ago or the weak ass 4TF machine they plan to have on the market which would do their TF hype allot more difficult.

Stop making excuses for MS you lemmings are a bunch of hypocrites you complained about sony holding information now defend MS for hiding it,lokkheart shoul have been reveal long ago.

But is hard to try to push 1.8TF as a huge difference when you have another machine that is less than half the power of the PS5.

MS already reveal its platform long ago,an we know what they will have this holiay on th market Halo Forza the rest are games for 2021 or further.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@tormentos said:
@i_p_daily said:

You don't know that it was say not everything was reveal by sony and more announcement would fallow.

Stop MS had been talking shit about been trasnparent meanwhile they don't talk about price even that they show the unit long ago or the weak ass 4TF machine they plan to have on the market which would do their TF hype allot more difficult.

Stop making excuses for MS you lemmings are a bunch of hypocrites you complained about sony holding information now defend MS for hiding it,lokkheart shoul have been reveal long ago.

But is hard to try to push 1.8TF as a huge difference when you have another machine that is less than half the power of the PS5.

MS already reveal its platform long ago,an we know what they will have this holiay on th market Halo Forza the rest are games for 2021 or further.

When it comes to you this pretty much says it all...

You can barely type English, its too much to expect you to understand it, which makes any/all interactions with you idiotic.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By tormentos

@i_p_daily said:

You can barely type English, its too much to expect you to understand it, which makes any/all interactions with you idiotic.

Basically you can't counter my point and resort to personally attack my grammatical skills as if that justify your shitty argument and excuse making on your part.

MS reveal the console long ago,you and several other lemmings atacked sony for not revealing information,you praised MS for been open,yet they refuse to talk about prise and have side step every question about it,worse they have a second model which is considerably weaker and that will make MS selling the series X even harder and you say shit.

Why do you think MS was fast to reveal the series X but has been totally silent about the S model?

Is pretty hard to piss on the competition for been 18% ahead while not pissing on your own system that is 300% less powerful.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#85 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

I don't have any sympathy after how MS handled the Xbone, I too would choose a PS5.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 HalcyonScarlet

@tormentos said:
@i_p_daily said:

Basically you can't counter my point and resort to personally attack my grammatical skills as if that justify your shitty argument and excuse making on your part.

MS reveal the console long ago,you and several other lemmings atacked sony for not revealing information,you praised MS for been open,yet they refuse to talk about prise and have side step every question about it,worse they have a second model which is considerably weaker and that will make MS selling the series X even harder and you say shit.

Why do you think MS was fast to reveal the series X but has been totally silent about the S model?

Is pretty hard to piss on the competition for been 18% ahead while not pissing on your own system that is 300% less powerful.

Neither of them will talk about price until the last second. The last time MS revealed the price with the Xbox One, Sony had a conversation back stage to undercut them by $50.

As for the Series S, I think it's designed to play the same games at 1080p. It probably doesn't need to be as powerful as the Series X which wants to run games at 4K 60 fps.

It's like with graphics cards, in 2013 if you just want to play games at high to max on a single screen monitor at 60fps, a GTX 750 Ti did the job.

And relating that to RAM, if it's only aiming for 1080p, it has enough RAM for that.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 tormentos

@HalcyonScarlet said:

Neither of them will talk about price until the last second. The last time MS revealed the price with the Xbox One, Sony had a conversation back stage to undercut them by $50.

As for the Series S, I think it's designed to play the same games at 1080p. It probably doesn't need to be as powerful as the Series X which wants to run games at 4K 60 fps.

It's like with graphics cards, in 2013 if you just want to play games at high to max on a single screen monitor at 60fps, a GTX 750 Ti did the job.

And relating that to RAM, if it's only aiming for 1080p, it has enough RAM for that.

$50 the PS4 was $100 less.

Yes but that create a problem because on PC most people don't have a 2080ti in fact the super bast majority like 99% or close don't own one.

People will go for the cheaper model,the pro and xbox one X proved that.

It also make MS message difficult which is why the console still is unknow,you are parading power but there you have the weakest console also as well and is the more accessible model.

If this machine is $299 and the PS5 is $400 it will be hard to sell,the PS5 more than double the power of lockheart for $100 more,i don't think MS wil have a $400 machine.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By HalcyonScarlet

@tormentos said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

$50 the PS4 was $100 less.

Yes but that create a problem because on PC most people don't have a 2080ti in fact the super bast majority like 99% or close don't own one.

People will go for the cheaper model,the pro and xbox one X proved that.

It also make MS message difficult which is why the console still is unknow,you are parading power but there you have the weakest console also as well and is the more accessible model.

If this machine is $299 and the PS5 is $400 it will be hard to sell,the PS5 more than double the power of lockheart for $100 more,i don't think MS wil have a $400 machine.

$100, sure, I forget the details.

I see what your saying. I think with the pro and the X1X, most people didn't bother to upgrade, they already invested in a console. It's kind of what was bothering me at the time, I was thinking, well how often am I supposed to go through these consoles, frequently updating, then what happens to them, they wouldn't value well. It's why I cut my loses with the X1 in 2016, after the multiplat announcement, it was dropping value. Replacing a graphics card in comparison is one component and there's always someone who wants it.

But yeah, It will be interesting to see what the outcome of this is. Although, people didn't buy the cheaper version of the Xbox 360 much, so who knows, it's a thought.

That said I don't think the sales of any single console matter to MS. What's the point when your games are on two or three consoles and the PC. People will be buying all over the place. For me, Forza Motorsport going multiplat was the end.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#89 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

totally unexpected /s

@ocinom said:

Small Sample size.

Not gonna hit this thread debating, but no, that is a gigantic sample size. You'd have a pretty solid confidence interval if you calculated any population statistic from that sample size.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@X_CAPCOM_X: absolutely. The only issue is that IGN is polling their subscribers, not polling the wild. So there's definitely a risk of it being super representative of an unrepresentative sample, if you know what I mean. But of course - we don't know how representative IGN's user base is of all potential console consumers in the US. My guess: not too bad

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#91 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

Hopefully this news troubles MS and they decide to go nuclear with $200/$400 for Series S/X.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@tormentos said:
@i_p_daily said:

Refer to my previous post, which was...