IGN confirms PS3 outsold Xbox360

#1 Edited by AJStyles (739 posts) -

https://m.ca.ign.com/articles/2019/04/17/top-15-best-selling-video-game-consoles-of-all-time

IGN. The biggest gaming site on the planet has just confirmed that the PS3 did infact outsell the xbox360 worldwide. This is FACT.

For you delusional lemmings out there that still spew the myth that 360 won, you are wrong. You need to accept the facts that PS3 won between those 2.

Xbox has always been in distant 2nd(Xbox/Xbone) or Dead Last 3rd Place(Xbox360).

If the largest gaming site on the planet who has better access to game companies and hardware numbers is not enough to convince you, then you are hopelessly delusional. Seek help.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#2 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4356 posts) -

Wow. It's hard to remember when an Xbox console [360] saw those kinds of numbers. Can they do it again without having to throw away billions just to try and get them in homes by constant price cuts?

#3 Posted by Chutebox (44495 posts) -

Someone didn't read the article

#5 Edited by getyeryayasout (12267 posts) -

@meticuloussam1: I'm going to steal your design and sell the same shirt for $19.99.

PLEASE, nobody buy T-shirts from this overpriced fraud. Only buy authentic Yaya's brand T-shirts for a much better price!

Help me bring shame to this man and his family!

Also, flagged.

LIQUIDATION SALE EDIT: Folks, I'm going to be honest. I have crates of these shirts and I just can't move 'em. So I tell you what, just name your price and you get the whole lot!!!

That's Right! You can use them for shop rags or to clean your car or something. I just can't do anything with them and when I show people the design they become nauseous or violent, usually violently nauseous. Anyway, please...I'm begging you...take these off my hands, huh? I'll pay for shipping. I offered them to the shelter and a bum yelled at me and I got bum juice in my eye. Help me.

#6 Posted by I_P_Daily (11438 posts) -

@ajstyles said:

https://m.ca.ign.com/articles/2019/04/17/top-15-best-selling-video-game-consoles-of-all-time

IGN. The biggest gaming site on the planet has just confirmed that the PS3 did infact outsell the xbox360 worldwide. This is FACT.

For you delusional lemmings out there that still spew the myth that 360 won, you are wrong. You need to accept the facts that PS3 won between those 2.

Xbox has always been in distant 2nd(Xbox/Xbone) or Dead Last 3rd Place(Xbox360).

If the largest gaming site on the planet who has better access to game companies and hardware numbers is not enough to convince you, then you are hopelessly delusional. Seek help.

Did you even read the article? I mean the largest gaming site on the planet is assuming LMFAO.

Man the OP rekt himself

#7 Posted by knight-k (2600 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:
@ajstyles said:

Did you even read the article? I mean the largest gaming site on the planet is assuming LMFAO.

Man the OP rekt himself

Weak damage control lemming.

PS3 outsold the shit 360.

#8 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (18705 posts) -

#9 Posted by sonny2dap (1516 posts) -

Couple points,

1. Still an estimate no new information provided.

2. Even if the PS3 did sell more eventually it was at a point when the race was essentially over.

Sony switched strategy for PS4 and look where it landed them, if the PS3 had been a resounding success why would they have changed strat? case in point MS did enjoy success with the 360 and rested on their laurels and look where it landed them.

#10 Edited by Sevenizz (3653 posts) -

Assuming means confirmed?

It’s funny when an OP wrecks them self with their own link.

edit: I think he’s trolling. No one’s that dumb.

#11 Edited by KBFloYd (21753 posts) -

even if it did. the PS3 still got destroyed that gen. no coming back from this shit cows.

sony sold buildings. ps3 got a slim cheap plastic garbage version for 250$. all the way down from 600$ they took major loses that gen.

even selling 80million of those cheap ass plastic slims no way they made back what they lost.

#12 Edited by sealionact (3802 posts) -

@ajstyles: "Please read this article. I haven't, but I'm putting my cred on the line that ign state unequivocally that ps3 sold more than 360. No estimates, just firm figures"

IGN; "(There's some debate as to whether the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 ultimately sold more units. With such a tight race and lack of official data, it's difficult to come to a clear conclusion. Continue to the PS3 section to see how we came to ours.)"

AJ; "Wait, wait....I can spin this, and shift some goalposts, as soon as I scrape this runny egg off my face."

Oh lordy....Cows. The gift that keeps on giving.

#13 Edited by robert_sparkes (2941 posts) -

I thought it was common knowledge.

#14 Edited by sealionact (3802 posts) -

And just like that....the op was never seen again on his own thread.

#15 Posted by I_P_Daily (11438 posts) -

@knight-k said:
@i_p_daily said:
@ajstyles said:

Man the OP rekt himself

Read the article, as assuming is not fact.

#16 Edited by VFighter (4803 posts) -

@KBFloYd: WTF are you babbling on about?!? You're like the slow kid on the play ground debating consoles, the other kids just kinda snicker at you while they try to decide wth you just crapped out your mouth.

#17 Posted by djoffer (1222 posts) -

Lol another self ownage thread from OP and his countless alts...

#18 Posted by I_P_Daily (11438 posts) -

@vfighter said:

@KBFloYd: WTF are you babbling on about?!? You're like the slow kid on the play ground bebating consoles, the other kids just kinda snicker at you while they try to decide wth you just crapped out your mouth.

You call him a slow kid and then proceed to write that, oh the irony lol.

#19 Posted by sealionact (3802 posts) -

@vfighter: Do Beliebers bebate?

#20 Posted by knight-k (2600 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:
@knight-k said:
@i_p_daily said:
@ajstyles said:

Man the OP rekt himself

Their assumption isn't based on air Einstein. After their calculations they came to the conclusion PS3 outsold 360.

And why are you mad? You guys are used to being losers. You lost with Xbox, 360 and now Xbone.

#21 Posted by SecretPolice (35108 posts) -

Another day, another bovine backfire...

Verne, Verne, when will cows learn. lol :P

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
#22 Edited by GoldenElementXL (3052 posts) -

The PS3 lost to the Wii by over 14 million units... Why are we supposed to celebrate 2nd place?

#23 Posted by That_Old_Guy (1205 posts) -

By the time the PS3 outsold the 360 the damage had been done...360 had gain a large following and established itself as the popular console that gen. No I’m not counting the fucking Wii.

That said I’m not quite sure if the rumor is true that the 360 sales were inflated by the rebuying of consoles on mass scale due to the huge RRoD problem. At the time 360’s were 52% failure rate.

That can lead to some huge rebuying numbers.

#24 Edited by HalcyonScarlet (8352 posts) -

Wow 3 million more!

Was this really thread worthy. And let's not rose tint it. It was by far the hardest gen of Sony's life. They pretty much came out of it looking like a battered terminator.

They were caught completely by surprise with the support Xbox got from gamers and publishers. On top of that, their console was expensive and the Cell was complicated, dramatically slowing development. PS online started off really basic.

Honestly, apart from rrod, I think MS were happier with their position.

Just saying, this isn't one to celebrate.

#25 Posted by warmblur (2168 posts) -

#26 Posted by freedomfreak (51145 posts) -

Glad that's settled.

#27 Posted by sealionact (3802 posts) -

@knight-k: Huh. There was me assuming you were Quacks alt, when it turns out you were AJ all the time......no way 2 separate people would defend this fail....

#28 Posted by Pedro (34010 posts) -

The fight for second place late game continues.🤣😂

#29 Posted by MonsieurX (38996 posts) -

Wii still outsold both, congrats on the possible 2nd place

#30 Posted by General_Solo76 (544 posts) -

So Xbox’s best effort and sales for a generation still netted them a third place finish behind Wii, and PS3. It might be time to hang it up Xbox

#31 Posted by Coolyfett (5984 posts) -

This is not news. Everyone who plays games should already know the PS3 out sold the X360 historically. Xbox has always finished behind PlayStation in every generation.

@ajstyles said:

#32 Posted by sealionact (3802 posts) -

@general_solo76: Because selling 82 million consoles means you should hang it up, but possibly selling an estimated 85m through slashing prices from 600 to 200 means "yay" in the cow field?

#33 Posted by I_P_Daily (11438 posts) -

@knight-k said:
@i_p_daily said:
@knight-k said:
@i_p_daily said:
@ajstyles said:

Man the OP rekt himself

Their assumption isn't based on air Einstein. After their calculations they came to the conclusion PS3 outsold 360.

And why are you mad? You guys are used to being losers. You lost with Xbox, 360 and now Xbone.

#34 Posted by Coolyfett (5984 posts) -

@goldenelementxl said:

The PS3 lost to the Wii by over 14 million units... Why are we supposed to celebrate 2nd place?

This is true, the Wii & DS definitely owned Gen 7, The numbers are only important for gaming history.

Gen 4 SNES > Genesis

Gen 5 PS1 > N64 > Saturn

Gen 6 PS2 > Xbox >GC > Dreamcast

Gen 7 Wii > PS3 > X360

Gen 8 PS4 > Switch\Wii U > XBone

#35 Posted by DaVillain- (36080 posts) -

@warmblur said:

#36 Posted by lundy86_4 (52733 posts) -

Yeah, you definitely didn't read through that article lol.

#37 Posted by sakaiXx (5316 posts) -

I mean I am happy for PS3 shitting on crap like xbox family but lets be real, those IGN guys brings up numbers from forum post. I mean they steal reviews, this is not out of their league.

#38 Posted by SecretPolice (35108 posts) -

It's funny cows are still sulking about coming in third place last gen. Dat insecurity. lol :P

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
#39 Posted by APiranhaAteMyVa (4115 posts) -

SONY DOMINATION CONTINUATION

#40 Edited by pdogg93 (1529 posts) -

None of the Xbox numbers can be taken remotely seriously because of the fact that MS padded units sold with RROD replacements. F*ck MS!

#41 Edited by robert_sparkes (2941 posts) -

That gets forgotten when talk about sales numbers heats up last gen. it was obviously a huge factor.

#42 Posted by knight-k (2600 posts) -

@SecretPolice said:

It's funny cows are still sulking about coming in third place last gen. Dat insecurity. lol :P

Looks like the biggest gaming website disgrees with you lemmings. LOL

#43 Posted by knight-k (2600 posts) -

@sealionact said:

@knight-k: Huh. There was me assuming you were Quacks alt, when it turns out you were AJ all the time......no way 2 separate people would defend this fail....

Another butthurt lemmnig alt enters the thread.

Again, these calculations aren't based on air.

#44 Posted by DaVillain- (36080 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:
@knight-k said:
@i_p_daily said:
@knight-k said:
@i_p_daily said:

Man the OP rekt himself

Priceless lol

#45 Posted by Livecommander (937 posts) -

@goldenelementxl: you've been here too long to still try to compare Nintendo systems to the more mature systems.

It's almost as dumb as comparing PC to consoles

#46 Posted by Pedro (34010 posts) -

The Sony fannies are really up in arms about this. Is this what happens when Sony doesn't release a new game within a certain time frame?

#47 Posted by AJStyles (739 posts) -

@sealionact: I am seen again.

#48 Edited by sleepnsurf (3159 posts) -
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Wow. It's hard to remember when an Xbox console [360] saw those kinds of numbers. Can they do it again without having to throw away billions just to try and get them in homes by constant price cuts?

They threw away Billions huh? You must do MS's books, I get it now. 360 was wayyyyyy better than PS3 in every way no matter the damn sales.

#49 Posted by HEATHEN75 (679 posts) -

I don't own stock in either company so their sales #'s mean nothing to me. I have better things to do with my time than be a corporate cheerleader.

#50 Posted by shellcase86 (4351 posts) -

@robert_sparkes said:

I thought it was common knowledge.

It is. I'm guessing it's only relevant since it's a major player acknowledging/agreeing with the general sentiment.

It'll be interesting to see how this holds for next gen.