If you think you like Nintendo; you ACTUALLY DONT and here's why...

  • 108 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for XVision84
#1 Posted by XVision84 (16232 posts) -

Nintendo takes advantage of certain aspects of human psychology in order to make you think you're having a good time. This is irrespective of the quality of gameplay and is widespread among all major Nintendo exclusives. The following will be a line of evidence proving my point and I hope you come out of this with a changed perspective.

Evidence 1: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3346809

This psychology abstract dating from 1988 indicates that the human brain has biases towards lively colours. Athletes who wore bright colours had less fouls called on them and were viewed less negatively.

This is backed up by further research that baboons have bright colours in order to attract mates, therefore evolutionary pressures have made us particularly receptive to colourful objects.

Every major Nintendo exclusive has a colourful palette and EVEN THE CONSOLES THEMSELVES incorporate this brainwashing technique. Not convinced? There's more.

Evidence 2: The infancy hypothesis

The infancy hypothesis is a sociological work by Scott R. Hemsworth, published in the early 20th century. It states that people are naturally inclined to favor elements that hint towards their childhood; when things are carefree and simple. It has since become a staple of sociology and psychology.

Nintendo's games all contain very clear childish elements. They are all made to appeal to your inner child which psychologically brings up feelings of comfort and happiness (even if you aren't actually having fun). Due to this, the game can literally trick you into thinking you are having a good time. I have proof of this in evidence 3.

Evidence 3: Real life data

I went out to my neighbourhood and gathered a sample of 20 people. I showed them a black-and-white footage of a gory video game, then I showed them colourful pictures of a childish game. A whopping 18 out of 20 people preferred the childish colourful one. They couldn't exactly say why, but all their responses hinted towards implicit psychological cues. When I controlled for gameplay mechanics by showing them a mature game with similar gameplay to the childish game, they didn't like it. Therefore these effects were entirely irrespective of the actual gameplay.

I understand you may be in denial, which is natural because I will repeat: these are implicit cues. Nintendo is taking advantage of the hard wiring of your brain in order to trick you. This is not fully under your control, however there is something that you can do to avoid this.

The next time you are playing a Nintendo game, sit back and think to yourself, are you REALLY having fun? Or is your brain just telling you you're having fun?

I hope that this has enlightened you as much as it has enlightened me, and I wish you luck with the rest of your day.

Avatar image for davillain-
#2 Posted by DaVillain- (36911 posts) -

I'll form my own opinions when I'm playing Nintendo games, thank you.

Avatar image for Archangel3371
#3 Posted by Archangel3371 (28127 posts) -

Um yeah, alrighty then. 😂

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#4 Posted by lundy86_4 (53364 posts) -

Haha, too much effort for such little reward, my man.

Avatar image for ezekiel43
#5 Posted by Ezekiel43 (1602 posts) -

@XVision84 said:

The next time you are playing a Nintendo game, sit back and think to yourself, are you REALLY having fun? Or is your brain just telling you you're having fun?

I don't need to think about it. I know I'm having fun. When I'm playing a Mario game or Zelda or Smash or DKC, I'm not funneled down scripted cinematic presentation. My fun isn't constantly interrupted by tutorials, unlock menus and Ubisoft style open world crap. Their simplistically is part of their strength. Western console devs suck at making games. They're never as interesting as the movies they try to emulate.

Avatar image for XVision84
#6 Edited by XVision84 (16232 posts) -
@davillain- said:

I'll form my own opinions when I'm playing Nintendo games, thank you.

This isn't about opinions dav. This is about FACTS. FACTS and SCIENCE.

We can't keep letting Nintendo get away with this.

Did you know that the userbase of Nintendo products is larger than the userbase of cocaine? Both of them take advantage of the neurology of your brain. Yet cocaine is illegal and Nintendo is encouraged. I'm not saying there's a conspiracy going on, but there's a conspiracy going on.

Avatar image for thatdbfan
#7 Posted by ThatDBFan (350 posts) -

Um... I think I'll form my own opinion on anything dude. Kindly do us all a favor and delete this.

Avatar image for thatdbfan
#8 Posted by ThatDBFan (350 posts) -

@XVision84 said:
@davillain- said:

I'll form my own opinions when I'm playing Nintendo games, thank you.

This isn't about opinions dav. This is about FACTS. FACTS and SCIENCE.

We can't keep letting Nintendo get away with this.

Did you know that the userbase of Nintendo products is larger than the userbase of cocaine? Both of them take advantage of the neurology of your brain. Yet cocaine is illegal and Nintendo is encouraged. I'm not saying there's a conspiracy going on, but there's a conspiracy going on.

It is a FACT that you ACTUALLY don't like a game when you've decided that you like it

OMG lol get this BS outta here.

Avatar image for davillain-
#9 Posted by DaVillain- (36911 posts) -

@XVision84 said:

This isn't about opinions dav. This is about FACTS. FACTS and SCIENCE.

We can't keep letting Nintendo get away with this.

Did you know that the userbase of Nintendo products is larger than the userbase of cocaine users? Both of them take advantage of the neurology of your brain. Yet cocaine is illegal and Nintendo is encouraged. I'm not saying there's a conspiracy going on, but there's a conspiracy going on.

If you really believe those knuckleheads, then I don't know what to believe anymore.

I really don't think like that at all. I know I'm having fun playing Nintendo games but not all Nintendo games look fun to me mind you. Mario, Legend of Zelda, Animal Crossing, and even Pokemon offer me fun gameplays because I know they are fun to play, not because they are tricking me I'm having fun.

The way you been reading this theory, this sounds like a Anti-Nintendo Cult then just a simple study.

Avatar image for sonicare
#10 Posted by sonicare (56758 posts) -

I will never forgive Nintendo for the Wii U.

Avatar image for XVision84
#11 Posted by XVision84 (16232 posts) -
@davillain- said:
@XVision84 said:

This isn't about opinions dav. This is about FACTS. FACTS and SCIENCE.

We can't keep letting Nintendo get away with this.

Did you know that the userbase of Nintendo products is larger than the userbase of cocaine users? Both of them take advantage of the neurology of your brain. Yet cocaine is illegal and Nintendo is encouraged. I'm not saying there's a conspiracy going on, but there's a conspiracy going on.

If you really believe those knuckleheads, then I don't know what to believe anymore.

I really don't think like that at all. I know I'm having fun playing Nintendo games but not all Nintendo games look fun to me mind you. Mario, Legend of Zelda, Animal Crossing, and even Pokemon offer me fun gameplays because I know they are fun to play, not because they are tricking me I'm having fun.

The way you been reading this theory, this sounds like a Anti-Nintendo Cult then just a simple study.

But if they are tricking you that you're having fun, then how do you know you're having fun and not being tricked?

There are multiple levels of psychological warfare going on here, dav.

Avatar image for npiet1
#12 Posted by npiet1 (2312 posts) -

If Op's case was true, why aren't we all watching baby cartoons?

Avatar image for XVision84
#13 Edited by XVision84 (16232 posts) -
@thatdbfan said:
@XVision84 said:
@davillain- said:

I'll form my own opinions when I'm playing Nintendo games, thank you.

This isn't about opinions dav. This is about FACTS. FACTS and SCIENCE.

We can't keep letting Nintendo get away with this.

Did you know that the userbase of Nintendo products is larger than the userbase of cocaine? Both of them take advantage of the neurology of your brain. Yet cocaine is illegal and Nintendo is encouraged. I'm not saying there's a conspiracy going on, but there's a conspiracy going on.

It is a FACT that you ACTUALLY don't like a game when you've decided that you like it

OMG lol get this BS outta here.

In the ancient times, they used to think that the stars and sun were embedded in glass layers revolving around the Earth. If you tried to explain to them that they live in an enormous universe, they would tell you that you're crazy.

Some facts are hard to believe, but that doesn't mean they aren't true. Don't be uncle reggie's next victim.

Avatar image for Juub1990
#14 Posted by Juub1990 (8632 posts) -

OP didn’t disappoint.

Avatar image for thatdbfan
#15 Edited by ThatDBFan (350 posts) -

@XVision84 said:
@thatdbfan said:
@XVision84 said:
@davillain- said:

I'll form my own opinions when I'm playing Nintendo games, thank you.

This isn't about opinions dav. This is about FACTS. FACTS and SCIENCE.

We can't keep letting Nintendo get away with this.

Did you know that the userbase of Nintendo products is larger than the userbase of cocaine? Both of them take advantage of the neurology of your brain. Yet cocaine is illegal and Nintendo is encouraged. I'm not saying there's a conspiracy going on, but there's a conspiracy going on.

It is a FACT that you ACTUALLY don't like a game when you've decided that you like it

OMG lol get this BS outta here.

In the ancient times, they used to think that the stars and sun were embedded in glass layers revolving around the Earth. If you tried to explain to them that they live in an enormous universe, they would tell you that you're crazy.

Some facts are hard to believe, but that doesn't make them true. Don't be uncle reggie's next victim.

Then tell me why a lot of us here, including myself, still like Nintendo games, but aren't that interested in Nintendo games, but rather, darker grittier games??

seriously, listen to yourself.

Avatar image for thatdbfan
#16 Edited by ThatDBFan (350 posts) -

@XVision84 said:
@davillain- said:
@XVision84 said:

This isn't about opinions dav. This is about FACTS. FACTS and SCIENCE.

We can't keep letting Nintendo get away with this.

Did you know that the userbase of Nintendo products is larger than the userbase of cocaine users? Both of them take advantage of the neurology of your brain. Yet cocaine is illegal and Nintendo is encouraged. I'm not saying there's a conspiracy going on, but there's a conspiracy going on.

If you really believe those knuckleheads, then I don't know what to believe anymore.

I really don't think like that at all. I know I'm having fun playing Nintendo games but not all Nintendo games look fun to me mind you. Mario, Legend of Zelda, Animal Crossing, and even Pokemon offer me fun gameplays because I know they are fun to play, not because they are tricking me I'm having fun.

The way you been reading this theory, this sounds like a Anti-Nintendo Cult then just a simple study.

But if they are tricking you that you're having fun, then how do you know you're having fun and not being tricked?

There are multiple levels of psychological warfare going on here, dav.

How can you be tricked into thinking you're having fun?

You're either having fun... OR YOU'RE NOT!

Avatar image for hrt_rulz01
#17 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (18981 posts) -

Avatar image for davillain-
#18 Posted by DaVillain- (36911 posts) -

@thatdbfan said:
@XVision84 said:

But if they are tricking you that you're having fun, then how do you know you're having fun and not being tricked?

There are multiple levels of psychological warfare going on here, dav.

How can you be tricked into having fun.

You're either having fun... OR YOU'RE NOT!

My faith in Humanity continues to disappoint me.

Avatar image for m_machine024
#19 Posted by m_machine024 (15864 posts) -

No lie. I enjoyed reading that. XD

Thanks for the warning but I'll keep faking having fun.

Avatar image for thatdbfan
#20 Posted by ThatDBFan (350 posts) -

@hrt_rulz01 said:

I feel like my brain melted reading this BS xD.

Avatar image for thatdbfan
#21 Posted by ThatDBFan (350 posts) -

@davillain- said:
@thatdbfan said:
@XVision84 said:

But if they are tricking you that you're having fun, then how do you know you're having fun and not being tricked?

There are multiple levels of psychological warfare going on here, dav.

How can you be tricked into having fun.

You're either having fun... OR YOU'RE NOT!

My faith in Humanity continues to disappoint me.

Don't let it bro. For every idiot, there is one person with decent common sense.

Avatar image for XVision84
#22 Posted by XVision84 (16232 posts) -
@thatdbfan said:
@XVision84 said:
@thatdbfan said:
@XVision84 said:
@davillain- said:

I'll form my own opinions when I'm playing Nintendo games, thank you.

This isn't about opinions dav. This is about FACTS. FACTS and SCIENCE.

We can't keep letting Nintendo get away with this.

Did you know that the userbase of Nintendo products is larger than the userbase of cocaine? Both of them take advantage of the neurology of your brain. Yet cocaine is illegal and Nintendo is encouraged. I'm not saying there's a conspiracy going on, but there's a conspiracy going on.

It is a FACT that you ACTUALLY don't like a game when you've decided that you like it

OMG lol get this BS outta here.

In the ancient times, they used to think that the stars and sun were embedded in glass layers revolving around the Earth. If you tried to explain to them that they live in an enormous universe, they would tell you that you're crazy.

Some facts are hard to believe, but that doesn't make them true. Don't be uncle reggie's next victim.

Then tell me why a lot of us here, including myself, still like Nintendo games, but aren't that interested in Nintendo games, but rather, darker grittier games??

seriously, listen to yourself.

Elementary, my dear watson. There is some individual variability. Not everyone gets hooked on cocaine when they use it, but that doesn't mean cocaine isn't addictive and problematic.

Avatar image for hrt_rulz01
#23 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (18981 posts) -

@thatdbfan said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

I feel like my brain melted reading this BS xD.

Lol, same... is he a Sony fanboy? Would explain a lot. They've been going ape sh*t lately.

Avatar image for XVision84
#24 Posted by XVision84 (16232 posts) -
@thatdbfan said:
@XVision84 said:
@davillain- said:
@XVision84 said:

This isn't about opinions dav. This is about FACTS. FACTS and SCIENCE.

We can't keep letting Nintendo get away with this.

Did you know that the userbase of Nintendo products is larger than the userbase of cocaine users? Both of them take advantage of the neurology of your brain. Yet cocaine is illegal and Nintendo is encouraged. I'm not saying there's a conspiracy going on, but there's a conspiracy going on.

If you really believe those knuckleheads, then I don't know what to believe anymore.

I really don't think like that at all. I know I'm having fun playing Nintendo games but not all Nintendo games look fun to me mind you. Mario, Legend of Zelda, Animal Crossing, and even Pokemon offer me fun gameplays because I know they are fun to play, not because they are tricking me I'm having fun.

The way you been reading this theory, this sounds like a Anti-Nintendo Cult then just a simple study.

But if they are tricking you that you're having fun, then how do you know you're having fun and not being tricked?

There are multiple levels of psychological warfare going on here, dav.

How can you be tricked into thinking you're having fun?

You're either having fun... OR YOU'RE NOT!

Ask Nintendo, they've spent decades mastering this to make money off of it.

Regarding your second statement, the evidence suggests otherwise. The mind is a fascinating thing and never so simple.

Avatar image for thatdbfan
#25 Edited by ThatDBFan (350 posts) -

@XVision84 said:
@thatdbfan said:
@XVision84 said:
@davillain- said:

If you really believe those knuckleheads, then I don't know what to believe anymore.

I really don't think like that at all. I know I'm having fun playing Nintendo games but not all Nintendo games look fun to me mind you. Mario, Legend of Zelda, Animal Crossing, and even Pokemon offer me fun gameplays because I know they are fun to play, not because they are tricking me I'm having fun.

The way you been reading this theory, this sounds like a Anti-Nintendo Cult then just a simple study.

But if they are tricking you that you're having fun, then how do you know you're having fun and not being tricked?

There are multiple levels of psychological warfare going on here, dav.

How can you be tricked into thinking you're having fun?

You're either having fun... OR YOU'RE NOT!

Ask Nintendo, they've spent decades mastering this to make money off of it.

Regarding your second statement, the evidence suggests otherwise. The mind is a fascinating thing and never so simple.

What did Nintendo do to you my man??

Maybe they've been making money off of it because... SURPRISE! People actually like their games. If someone likes the way a game looks... THEN THEY LIKE IT. THERE IS NO TRICKING INVOLVED. It's just like how some people like darker grittier games. But is that just a psychological trick to make people "think" they actually like those games too??

Avatar image for thatdbfan
#26 Edited by ThatDBFan (350 posts) -

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@thatdbfan said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

I feel like my brain melted reading this BS xD.

Lol, same... is he a Sony fanboy? Would explain a lot. They've been going ape sh*t lately.

Lol, reading this dude's responses and this post reminds me of a certain cow lol- ya know, just saying random stupid crap trying to make their least favorite brand look bad xD.

Avatar image for XVision84
#27 Posted by XVision84 (16232 posts) -
@thatdbfan said:
@davillain- said:
@thatdbfan said:
@XVision84 said:

But if they are tricking you that you're having fun, then how do you know you're having fun and not being tricked?

There are multiple levels of psychological warfare going on here, dav.

How can you be tricked into having fun.

You're either having fun... OR YOU'RE NOT!

My faith in Humanity continues to disappoint me.

Don't let it bro. For every idiot, there is one person with decent common sense.

Common sense can only get you so far. There are so many aspects of quantum physics, for example, which defy common sense yet are facts.

Additionally, for those who are familiar with Gurren Lagann, a famous quote is "reject common sense to make the impossible possible".

Words to live by.

Avatar image for XVision84
#28 Posted by XVision84 (16232 posts) -
@thatdbfan said:
@XVision84 said:
@thatdbfan said:
@XVision84 said:
@davillain- said:

If you really believe those knuckleheads, then I don't know what to believe anymore.

I really don't think like that at all. I know I'm having fun playing Nintendo games but not all Nintendo games look fun to me mind you. Mario, Legend of Zelda, Animal Crossing, and even Pokemon offer me fun gameplays because I know they are fun to play, not because they are tricking me I'm having fun.

The way you been reading this theory, this sounds like a Anti-Nintendo Cult then just a simple study.

But if they are tricking you that you're having fun, then how do you know you're having fun and not being tricked?

There are multiple levels of psychological warfare going on here, dav.

How can you be tricked into thinking you're having fun?

You're either having fun... OR YOU'RE NOT!

Ask Nintendo, they've spent decades mastering this to make money off of it.

Regarding your second statement, the evidence suggests otherwise. The mind is a fascinating thing and never so simple.

What did Nintendo do to you my man??

Maybe they've been making money off of it because... SURPRISE! People actually like their games. If someone likes the way a game looks... THEN THEY LIKE IT. THERE IS NO TRICKING INVOLVED. It's just like how some people like darker grittier games. But is that just a psychological trick to make people "think" they actually like those games too??

Unfortunately these are just your opinions rather than facts. I cited three concrete pieces of research to back up my OP. There is no evidence to suggest that grittier games appeal to hardwired neurological pathways in your brain, but many lines of evidence to suggest colourful games do.

Why are Nintendo consoles overpriced and have terrible 3rd party support yet sell so well? Because Nintendo has a cocaine-equivalent packaged with each console.

Avatar image for thatdbfan
#29 Edited by ThatDBFan (350 posts) -

@XVision84 said:
@thatdbfan said:
@XVision84 said:
@thatdbfan said:

How can you be tricked into thinking you're having fun?

You're either having fun... OR YOU'RE NOT!

Ask Nintendo, they've spent decades mastering this to make money off of it.

Regarding your second statement, the evidence suggests otherwise. The mind is a fascinating thing and never so simple.

What did Nintendo do to you my man??

Maybe they've been making money off of it because... SURPRISE! People actually like their games. If someone likes the way a game looks... THEN THEY LIKE IT. THERE IS NO TRICKING INVOLVED. It's just like how some people like darker grittier games. But is that just a psychological trick to make people "think" they actually like those games too??

Unfortunately these are just your opinions rather than facts. I cited three concrete pieces of research to back up my OP. There is no evidence to suggest that grittier games appeal to hardwired neurological pathways in your brain, but many lines of evidence to suggest colourful games do.

Why are Nintendo consoles overpriced and have terrible 3rd party support yet sell so well? Because Nintendo has a cocaine-equivalent packaged with each console.

Dude, why can't you grasp this??

If someone actually likes a game... THEN THEY ACTUALLY LIKE IT. Just like cocaine or Marijuana. It's not tricking them into them into thinking that you like it. If you like it, you like it dude. IT'S NOT FREAKING ROCKET SCIENCE. Some people like the brighter colors, other people don't Nintendo is going for the one's that do. If people do actually tend to like brighter colors, then so what?? That just means they like those colors. There is no "tricking" involved.

Avatar image for XVision84
#30 Posted by XVision84 (16232 posts) -
@thatdbfan said:
@XVision84 said:
@thatdbfan said:
@XVision84 said:
@thatdbfan said:

How can you be tricked into thinking you're having fun?

You're either having fun... OR YOU'RE NOT!

Ask Nintendo, they've spent decades mastering this to make money off of it.

Regarding your second statement, the evidence suggests otherwise. The mind is a fascinating thing and never so simple.

What did Nintendo do to you my man??

Maybe they've been making money off of it because... SURPRISE! People actually like their games. If someone likes the way a game looks... THEN THEY LIKE IT. THERE IS NO TRICKING INVOLVED. It's just like how some people like darker grittier games. But is that just a psychological trick to make people "think" they actually like those games too??

Unfortunately these are just your opinions rather than facts. I cited three concrete pieces of research to back up my OP. There is no evidence to suggest that grittier games appeal to hardwired neurological pathways in your brain, but many lines of evidence to suggest colourful games do.

Why are Nintendo consoles overpriced and have terrible 3rd party support yet sell so well? Because Nintendo has a cocaine-equivalent packaged with each console.

Dude, why can't you grasp this??

If someone actually likes a game... THEN THEY ACTUALLY LIKE IT. Just like cocaine or Marijuana. It's not tricking them into them into thinking that you like it. If you like it, you like it dude. IT'S NOT FREAKING ROCKET SCIENCE. Some people like the brighter colors, other people don't Nintendo is going for the one's that do.

Of course it isn't rocket science, this is dealing with psychology and sociology. What does this have to do with rockets? Entirely different field.

Again, you need to give me concrete evidence to back up your claims. I've shown you that people can be tricked to liking things they may not actually like. For example, the athletes in the study I cited were judged based on clothing irrespective of their play. The same applies to Nintendo's products. The fact that you confused this with rocket science is making me doubt we're on the same page here.

Avatar image for thatdbfan
#31 Edited by ThatDBFan (350 posts) -

@XVision84 said:
@thatdbfan said:
@XVision84 said:
@thatdbfan said:

What did Nintendo do to you my man??

Maybe they've been making money off of it because... SURPRISE! People actually like their games. If someone likes the way a game looks... THEN THEY LIKE IT. THERE IS NO TRICKING INVOLVED. It's just like how some people like darker grittier games. But is that just a psychological trick to make people "think" they actually like those games too??

Unfortunately these are just your opinions rather than facts. I cited three concrete pieces of research to back up my OP. There is no evidence to suggest that grittier games appeal to hardwired neurological pathways in your brain, but many lines of evidence to suggest colourful games do.

Why are Nintendo consoles overpriced and have terrible 3rd party support yet sell so well? Because Nintendo has a cocaine-equivalent packaged with each console.

Dude, why can't you grasp this??

If someone actually likes a game... THEN THEY ACTUALLY LIKE IT. Just like cocaine or Marijuana. It's not tricking them into them into thinking that you like it. If you like it, you like it dude. IT'S NOT FREAKING ROCKET SCIENCE. Some people like the brighter colors, other people don't Nintendo is going for the one's that do.

Of course it isn't rocket science, this is dealing with psychology and sociology. What does this have to do with rockets? Entirely different field.

Again, you need to give me concrete evidence to back up your claims. I've shown you that people can be tricked to liking things they may not actually like. For example, the athletes in the study I cited were judged based on clothing irrespective of their play. The same applies to Nintendo's products. The fact that you confused this with rocket science is making me doubt we're on the same page here.

I am so sorry that you harbor this much hate for Nintendo because they make games that people like, and you don't, and are successful.

YOU CAN'T BE TRICKED INTO LIKING SOMETHING. YOU EITHER DO, OR YOU DON'T!! IF YOU THINK YOU LIKE IT, THEN YOU DO. IT's THAT SIMPLE.

Please. Please tell me you are trolling. If not, I am DONE.

Avatar image for XVision84
#32 Posted by XVision84 (16232 posts) -
@thatdbfan said:
@XVision84 said:
@thatdbfan said:
@XVision84 said:
@thatdbfan said:

What did Nintendo do to you my man??

Maybe they've been making money off of it because... SURPRISE! People actually like their games. If someone likes the way a game looks... THEN THEY LIKE IT. THERE IS NO TRICKING INVOLVED. It's just like how some people like darker grittier games. But is that just a psychological trick to make people "think" they actually like those games too??

Unfortunately these are just your opinions rather than facts. I cited three concrete pieces of research to back up my OP. There is no evidence to suggest that grittier games appeal to hardwired neurological pathways in your brain, but many lines of evidence to suggest colourful games do.

Why are Nintendo consoles overpriced and have terrible 3rd party support yet sell so well? Because Nintendo has a cocaine-equivalent packaged with each console.

Dude, why can't you grasp this??

If someone actually likes a game... THEN THEY ACTUALLY LIKE IT. Just like cocaine or Marijuana. It's not tricking them into them into thinking that you like it. If you like it, you like it dude. IT'S NOT FREAKING ROCKET SCIENCE. Some people like the brighter colors, other people don't Nintendo is going for the one's that do.

Of course it isn't rocket science, this is dealing with psychology and sociology. What does this have to do with rockets? Entirely different field.

Again, you need to give me concrete evidence to back up your claims. I've shown you that people can be tricked to liking things they may not actually like. For example, the athletes in the study I cited were judged based on clothing irrespective of their play. The same applies to Nintendo's products. The fact that you confused this with rocket science is making me doubt we're on the same page here.

I am so sorry that you harbor this much hate for Nintendo because they make games that people like, and you don't, and are successful.

YOU CAN'T BE TRICKED INTO LIKING SOMETHING. YOU EITHER DO, OR YOU DON'T!! IF YOU THINK YOU LIKE IT, THEN YOU DO. IT's THAT SIMPLE.

Please. Please tell me you are trolling. If not, I am DONE.

I don't hate them, one hallmark of the scientific method is maintaining neutrality. Therefore I am neutral. However, I will admit I am disappointed to see Nintendo taking advantage of people like this.

Again, to address the bolded statement, I've presented a consistent line of research showing otherwise. Repeating the same statement only shows me that you aren't willing to accept the truth rather than presenting counter evidence to refute my claims.

I wish I was trolling because then I'd know everything is fine and nobody is truly in danger of Nintendo's oppressive capitalist strategies. If only it were that simple.

Avatar image for speeny
#33 Posted by Speeny (1769 posts) -

Alright.

Avatar image for ajstyles
#34 Posted by AJStyles (908 posts) -

I have been claiming this for the past 14 years.

Nintendo fanboys don’t actually enjoy the games they are playing. They are just blinded by delusional childhood memories. They tend to be 30+ year old man children and think it’s still 1998.

When they see a new Zelda, all they see is OOT and cream their pants.

My proven theory is sheep aren’t real gamers. They are casual gamers at best. They don’t actually like video games. They just pick up the 1 exclusive Nintendo game per year and pretend to have fun with it.

I think liking Nintendo is more of being part of a social group. You know how society works. Everyone wants to be a part of something. Like how those girls pretend to be nerds or gamers so they can attract men.

Nintendo fanboys become Nintendo fanboys because they tend to have no friends, so by having something terrible in common, they become friends.

I have seen this phenomenon in real life. I know tons of people obsessed with Nintendo but they don’t play anything else or hardly ever play their Nintendo systems.

They are extremely defensive. Nintendo also attracts the LGBT community because of the bright colours.

It’s all connected bro’s.

Being a sheep is not being an actual gamer or having fun. It’s about lonely people making friends.

Avatar image for davillain-
#35 Edited by DaVillain- (36911 posts) -

@ajstyles said:

I have been claiming this for the past 14 years.

LOL riiiiight. 14 years of being a Sony fanboy no doubt.

Avatar image for ajstyles
#36 Posted by AJStyles (908 posts) -

@davillain-: 14 years lined up nicely when I took the red pill and realized the truth about Nintendo and how they rip off “gamers” or I should say: “Their Fanbase”.

I loved Nintendo from NES to GameCube. I started seeing the truth as early as 2004. Shortly after the Wii launched, it hit me how bad the Wii and DS truly were. The 3DS, Wii U and switch are even worse.

Nintendo has gone downhill and their rabid lonely fan base is the only thing keeping them alive.

People bash Sega for failing at the transition to 3D from 2D. I say Nintendo did just as bad but they have more fanboys defending their low standard, low budget, bad games.

Avatar image for Planeforger
#37 Posted by Planeforger (18040 posts) -

So are you saying that Sony's games are objectively less appealing than Nintendo's games?

Avatar image for kadin_kai
#38 Posted by Kadin_Kai (501 posts) -

@XVision84: Think about this matter from a different perspective.

Nintendo’s products are mainly marketed at children and made for a younger audience. That is why it’s colourful.

Nintendo didn’t create a console for adults and make it colourful for the reasons you listed above!

Avatar image for Epak_
#39 Posted by Epak_ (10675 posts) -

@npiet1 said:

If Op's case was true, why aren't we all watching baby cartoons?

Yup.

Avatar image for HalcyonScarlet
#40 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (8410 posts) -

Hmm 'I showed them gory video images and then I showed them colourful child game, and for the life of me, I just can't put my finger on why they prefered the colourful child game'. 😒

Avatar image for henrythefifth
#41 Posted by henrythefifth (2502 posts) -

Prolly right with current gen Nintendo games, which are just bland mainstream stuff.

But in the old days, OoT, Wind Waker, Baten Kaitos, Turok and the like were the best entertainment you could get on a console.

Avatar image for dr_vancouver
#42 Posted by Dr_Vancouver (1029 posts) -

Yeah, no. I am 100% sure that I "actually" love Nintendo, and hold many of their IP's as close to my heart as anything else I truly love. This argument might have held a grain of salt... if the internet existed back in the SNESvGenesis wars- Sega fanboys could have used the argument to help cope with the lack of colour palette of their pick. Nowadays with access to all of ROYGBIV across all platforms- what the **** are you talking about?

Avatar image for AdobeArtist
#43 Edited by AdobeArtist (25160 posts) -
@XVision84 said:
@davillain- said:

I'll form my own opinions when I'm playing Nintendo games, thank you.

This isn't about opinions dav. This is about FACTS. FACTS and SCIENCE.

"FACTS and SCIENCE."

Two things that are completely foreign to you, which is easy enough for anybody to see through your pretense.

Avatar image for Gamerno6666
#44 Edited by Gamerno6666 (6800 posts) -

Wow never thought you would stoop to the level of henry or protos.

Avatar image for senses_fail_06
#45 Posted by senses_fail_06 (7107 posts) -

Really wish they'd go 3rd party and pump out 2D platformers at an unreal rate. Like their games - hate their services and have no use for their hardware. I'll never buy another one of their systems.

Avatar image for WitIsWisdom
#46 Edited by WitIsWisdom (5246 posts) -

Wow... what a crock of shit. My most anticipated game is Super Mario Maker 2 and I own around 5,000 games across just about anything you can think of.

I love when people try to explain things that can not be explained by using false science and made up bullshit... it's my favorite.. lol

Perhaps some people just like different things. There is no amount of he said, she said, they said that can change that. Hillarious when simple minded people just can not seem to grasp that the world doesn't revolve around them and that their opinions are no better than anyone else.

It's not for any reason other than the fact that people like what they like whether or not you like it. I could absolutely not care less what you like and/or think is trash, and I would guess that goes for the vast majority of others as well. Opinions can't be wrong... unless of course you try and push your opinion across as a fact like you did. So congratulations on having a wrong opinion... that's really hard to do.

____________

All that time wasted.. just to realize you are a troll... awesome. Not a funny one at that.. which is disappointing in and of itself.

Avatar image for vfighter
#47 Posted by VFighter (5005 posts) -

@hrt_rulz01: Perfect response.

Avatar image for boxrekt
#48 Edited by BoxRekt (1721 posts) -
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Lol, same... is he a Sony fanboy? Would explain a lot. They've been going ape sh*t lately.

The TC managed to rial up a bunch of dopes with at silly topic. Good job TC!

If you took the TC's topic at face value getting all emotional, he succeeded and you've proven yourself to be the actual fanboy here.

lol at the people resorting to the fanboy card raging and screaming "cow" or "sony fanboy" when the TC stayed 100% on topic without pulling any generic fanboy counterattacks.

Why bring up what the TC is a fan of in a discussion where he didn't say anything fanboyish in the topic? Even if you don't agree with him, he DID support his argument better than anyone screaming "you're a cow" as a counter point.

Too many of you weak minded fanboys think calling someone a "cow" in an argument gains them an edge in a discussion when you're all fanboys yourselves. Screaming what fanboy group someone is supposed to be is not a valid argument! Ya'll need to be reminded of that. So TC actually beat most of these counter arguments by default even if he was just trolling.

TC 10/10

Avatar image for Macutchi
#49 Posted by Macutchi (6792 posts) -

system wars has to be the easiest place on the internet to get bites

Avatar image for XVision84
#50 Posted by XVision84 (16232 posts) -
@Planeforger said:

So are you saying that Sony's games are objectively less appealing than Nintendo's games?

I am saying that Sony's games are not as psychologically manipulative as Nintendo's games.

@kadin_kai said:

@XVision84: Think about this matter from a different perspective.

Nintendo’s products are mainly marketed at children and made for a younger audience. That is why it’s colourful.

Nintendo didn’t create a console for adults and make it colourful for the reasons you listed above!

Exactly my point. They know where to hit people's wallets where it hurts. A large part of Nintendo's userbase are adults.

@AdobeArtist said:
@XVision84 said:
@davillain- said:

I'll form my own opinions when I'm playing Nintendo games, thank you.

This isn't about opinions dav. This is about FACTS. FACTS and SCIENCE.

"FACTS and SCIENCE."

Two things that are completely foreign to you, which is easy enough for anybody to see through your pretense.

I will admit Adobe, I didn't expect this from you. I really thought you'd see the light on this one instead of being like the others. I cited real research by real scientists, I don't believe that your statement holds weight here. You can do better.