If you spend 70 dollars on a last of us part 1 ps5 patch your a fool!

• 120 results
omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

Actually, the remastered version came out 8 years ago, so it's a long time ago.

But yeah, anyone who pays 70 bucks for the third time is an idiot. I don't think anyone can defend or justify the $70 price tag.

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52 MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2504 Posts

@silentchief said:
@mysticaldonut said:
@silentchief said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:
@uninspiredcup said:

If you spend £70 on any game you're a fucking idiot.

:/

I used to spend $70 on N64 games all the time. Aren't people old enough to remember expensive those were?

Yes, I remember spending $80 for Super Street fighter 2. I was like 13.

Any game on a cartridge was so expensive. SNES and N64.

It's honestly amazing games are only $60-70 nowadays considering 25 years ago they were anywhere from $50-80.

Yep, and they cost a fraction of what they do now to make.

A big budget game back then was around 3 million now its like 200 million .

Six employees and $100,000 budget was common

I remember seeing Naughty Dog's history interview and the first Crash in 1996 had a budget of $1 million and that was considered really high for a game at the time

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Who wants to bet they're already making the ps5/pc version of TLOU2, which they'll sell for $70 as well? I mean, how fki8ng pathetic is that? The game just came out, looks better than many titles currently available, runs at 60fps and they're still gonna be rereleasing it for a full current gen ripoff price. And i bet you it will launch around the same time as their multiplayer mode. This gen is such bullshit.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

Who wants to bet they're already making the ps5/pc version of TLOU2, which they'll sell for $70 as well? I mean, how fki8ng pathetic is that? The game just came out, looks better than many titles currently available, runs at 60fps and they're still gonna be rereleasing it for a full current gen ripoff price. And i bet you it will launch around the same time as their multiplayer mode. This gen is such bullshit.

I think they already patched the TLOU2 for PS5.

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 ENI232
Member since 2020 • 1005 Posts

The PS4 version was not a overhaul. Just a 4k patch. Tlous 2 and tlou on PS4 are not in the same league. The remake I would wait on some gameplay before judging, but it looks much better and if they added gameplay from tlou2 it will be a much better game than the original. Plus if they added the controller tech and audio of the PS5 it will have a even more unique experience.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 hardwenzen

@Zero_epyon said:
@hardwenzen said:

They did, but outside of 60fps, nothing was done to it. How about improving draw distance, textures, resolution and call it a day? $70 btw.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6864 Posts
@hardwenzen said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@hardwenzen said:

They did, but outside of 60fps, nothing was done to it. How about improving draw distance, textures, resolution and call it a day? $70 btw.

They did that with Ghost of Tsushima and it was a $10 upgrade for existing owners, same with UC4.

This seems to be a much bigger leap then that.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

@mesome713 said:

@uninspiredcup: Sony has always been a greedy ****.

There there. I'm sorry Switch sucks so much and it's all your parents could get for you. No need to pretend and cry in silence. Just save up and get a PS5 :)

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2408 Posts

@eni232 said:

The PS4 version was not a overhaul. Just a 4k patch. Tlous 2 and tlou on PS4 are not in the same league. The remake I would wait on some gameplay before judging, but it looks much better and if they added gameplay from tlou2 it will be a much better game than the original. Plus if they added the controller tech and audio of the PS5 it will have a even more unique experience.

The Last of Us, Part II doesn't even play much better. If they wanted to really improve it, one of the things they would do is add full shoulder swapping. It's really limiting to only let the player swap while aiming the gun in a stealth action game. Any time you go around a wall that's on the left side of the screen, you have a massive blind spot. This isn't just exclusive The Last of Us and Uncharted 4. Watch Dogs, Red Dead Redemption 2 and The Division also only let you swap shoulders while pointing the gun with the left trigger or right mouse button. But everyone making the same dumb mistake doesn't excuse it. What Naughty Dog could do with The Last of Us is let the player shoulder swap at all times by pressing R3. R3 is the flashlight, but that can be moved to L3, and then L3's point of interest can be moved to Triangle. The point of interest is when the protagonist sees something in the distance and then the player presses the button and the character says something about that point of interest. But those moments are so uncommon and always happen in quieter moments outside of the action that assigning it to Triangle would not have interfered with the normal interact/grab options of that button.

tl;dr

Naughty Dog's shoulder swapping is pretty bad. You can't use it nearly as much as you'd want to in the action and stealth. It is one of the things they'd improve if they really cared about gameplay.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 hardwenzen

@silentchief said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@hardwenzen said:

They did that with Ghost of Tsushima and it was a $10 upgrade for existing owners, same with UC4.

They're inevitably making TLOU2 for pc. By doing so, the visuals will be more noticeably boosted than the pathetic boost of GoT, which btw they charged money for😂So if the visuals are being boosted to be more in line with pc, then why not just charge $70 for a 3 years old game (if the title is to be released next year, which is what i am personally expecting)?

Sony is turning into a fucking Activision.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 hardwenzen

Currently watching this and seeing all the lazy af remasters and ripoff remakes makes... oof this industry.

Loading Video...
HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

I'm not saying it's just inflation. I'm saying that by comparison 70 bucks isn't anything relatively new, it could even be less at current prices. And I would LOVE to have seen $25 dollar games in the US back in the 90s. Wasn't a thing where I grew up. To me an increase to 70 dollars isn't a 'be-all end-all' move. Greedy? Sure, perhaps.

If you want to see true greed look at micro transaction games or pay to play services. That is where I'd rather focus my ire. Boycott the Activisions, EAs, and Bethesda's of the world.

Not really a problem for me personally man. Pretty much given up on most AAA games.

Last one bought was Resident Evil: Village (£49.99) and the PC version was broken, for literally months. It wasn't like a problem on the user-end, it was the DRM they used, which caused increasingly decreased performance.

Gaming critics didn't bring it up. It was the users on forums and what not.

So either, they didn't give a shit to test it, or they knew about it, and sold it anyway.

That's pretty much the straw that broke the camel's back, Stick to indie games in the £14 -£20 range.

Not really just, the price and the state. Games like Resident Evil 8 are more interested in production value and cinematic presentation than gameplay. The first 15-20 minutes, basically doing nothing but holding down the W key. Not paying £49.99 for that shit, let alone £64.99.

But this ramble is more subjective. Plenty of people love RE8.

I agree that RE8 was trash. Boring gunplay, bullet sponge enemies, and about as nonsensical of a story you could come up with. First 20 minutes were fairly boring too. It's like they thought up 4-5 different set pieces and tried to string them along together some how.

If we're using games like RE8 as a barometer 20 bucks is too much, no matter your production values.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Silentchief
@hardwenzen said:
@silentchief said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Zero_epyon said:

They're inevitably making TLOU2 for pc. By doing so, the visuals will be more noticeably boosted than the pathetic boost of GoT, which btw they charged money for😂So if the visuals are being boosted to be more in line with pc, then why not just charge $70 for a 3 years old game (if the title is to be released next year, which is what i am personally expecting)?

It would be on par with the UC4 Upgrade which was $10. You are not going to get a massive upgrade on TLOU2.

GoT was not a massive visual upgrade but it had new content.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 hardwenzen

@silentchief said:
@hardwenzen said:
@silentchief said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Zero_epyon said:

It would be on par with the UC4 Upgrade which was $10. You are not going to get a massive upgrade on TLOU2.

GoT also had new content.

So what you're saying is that Sony charging us $10 for a minuscule upgrade, that would be just dandy? Ten bucks is much lower than seventy, so it must be a good deal tbh.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

I already know a few people on this board have already pre ordered this. Not just pre ordered it, but the Deluxe edition for $100 and are calling it goty 2022. Miyomatic and mozzapelle. I thought they were both reasonable posters but they ended up being massive trolls.

This games success will hurt you cows, there's no going around it. You need to stand your ground, do NOT buy this whatever it takes. Otherwise the future for you cows looks really bleak.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Silentchief

@hardwenzen said:
@silentchief said:
@hardwenzen said:
@silentchief said:
@hardwenzen said:

So what you're saying is that Sony charging us $10 for a minuscule upgrade, that would be just dandy? Ten bucks is much lower than seventy, so it must be a good deal tbh.

Some of them were free but they said going forward it would be $10. Good news is this will probably be the last year you get PS4 games so by next year it's PS5 or nothing. At the end of the day you can count the games on one hand they have charged upgrades for.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#68 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10435 Posts

@silentchief said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@hardwenzen said:

it's £25 to upgrade to ps5 director's cut. might be cheaper if you have the ps4 director cut. but if you bought it before the dlc came out there's no option to upgrade to anything other than the director's cut afaik

Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Miyomatic
Member since 2005 • 3541 Posts

This thread is an excuse to call anyone who buys the game an idiot.

I, on the other hand, think anyone who passes up playing the remake of what is objectively one of the greatest masterpieces ever in gaming is an idiot. Besides, at least there is actually something to play this year on PS5, unlike some other console...

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#70 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Not interested, i have other priorities. That said, nothing is more idiotic than the arrogance of insulting other people due to what they enjoy or think is worth their money.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 hardwenzen

@silentchief said:
@hardwenzen said:
@silentchief said:
@hardwenzen said:
@silentchief said:

Some of them were free but they said going forward it would be $10. Good news is this will probably be the last year you get PS4 games so by next year it's PS5 or nothing. At the end of the day you can count the games on one hand they have charged upgrades for.

Well, then, going forward, why not just half ass remakes of old popular titles from the ps4 and charge $70? This will fill up the yearly libary with shovelware that we've already played, and nobody can complain that Sony isn't releasing anything.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Silentchief

@Macutchi said:
@silentchief said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@hardwenzen said:

it's £25 to upgrade to ps5 director's cut. might be cheaper if you have the ps4 director cut. but if you bought it before the dlc came out there's no option to upgrade to anything other than the director's cut afaik

Yea, it was $15 if you just bought the expansion and $25 for the upgrade I believe. So $10 of that is going to the PS5 version. With UC4 I popped in my UC4 disk, paid $10 got the upgrade and also got lost legacy with it. So that actually ended up being a good deal.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#73 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22673 Posts

@zerothehero: TC you gotta change the thread title. You're making a good system wars discussion point with a mean spirited title. Also, super funny irony with the "your" "you're" thing.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10435 Posts

@silentchief said:
@Macutchi said:

Yea, it was $15 if you just bought the expansion and $25 for the upgrade I believe. So $10 of that is going to the PS5 version. With UC4 I popped in my UC4 disk, paid $10 got the upgrade and also got lost legacy with it. So that actually ended up being a good deal.

yeah that's not bad. i could live with that. i bought both on ps4 so less tempting for me. bit annoying after tlou 2 got a proper upgrade for free

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

@zerothehero: I slightly change your title and saying "idiot" is really pushing it. But in any case, I took care of it so you won't get further into trouble. Now as you were.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 DaVillain  Moderator

And I'm still buying it...for PC😉

I have an excuse because I wanna support this for PC✌️

Boiled-Hotdug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Boiled-Hotdug
Member since 2022 • 297 Posts

@davillain: Same! The last time I even played The Last of Us was on the PS3 and never got around to touching The Last of Us 2

Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Miyomatic

@davillain said:

@zerothehero: I slightly change your title and saying "idiot" is really pushing it. But in any case, I took care of it so you won't get further into trouble. Now as you were.

Are we really gonna nitpick between "idiot" versus "fool"? LUL

My feelings aren't hurt either way.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By hardwenzen

@Miyomatic said:
@davillain said:

Its 2022. Wake the f up. Some people will lose sleep over being called an idiot on twitter.

Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Miyomatic

@hardwenzen said:
@Miyomatic said:
@davillain said:

Its 2022. Wake the f up. Some people will lose sleep over being called an idiot on twitter.

TRUE. Thank god I stay away from the shitshow that is Twitter...

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8050 Posts

never played it before so i'll be picking it up on PC..

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#82 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

What if you never played it and you're only buying it because it's coming out on PC so you can confirm that it really is a shit game?

Would that make me a fool?

*snaps fingers*

Yeah, didn't think so.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Silentchief

@hardwenzen said:
@silentchief said:
@hardwenzen said:
@silentchief said:
@hardwenzen said:

Well, then, going forward, why not just half ass remakes of old popular titles from the ps4 and charge $70? This will fill up the yearly libary with shovelware that we've already played, and nobody can complain that Sony isn't releasing anything.

Unfortunately it looks like we're getting a bunch of live service games. So expect free to play with lots of $5 skins instead.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#84 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

An argument could be made that its perhaps too steep for some but, it's certainly worth it for fans of the series or, folks who never played it before. I'm not sure why anyone would get mad at that.

Either way, OPs reasoning is trash. It isn't just a resolution bump. They've literally touched up or reworked everything graphically and all we know is, the gameplay will be closer to TLOU2.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 hardwenzen

@silentchief said:
@hardwenzen said:
@silentchief said:
@hardwenzen said:
@silentchief said:

Unfortunately it looks like we're getting a bunch of live service games. So expect free to play with lots of $5 skins instead.

$5? Try $10-20 on average. Not looking pretty.

LexiLex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 LexiLex
Member since 2022 • 61 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Why?

Today 70£ is not a lot and considering that you get more than just an hour of enjoyment out of it.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 DaVillain  Moderator

@boiled-hotdug said:

@davillain: Same! The last time I even played The Last of Us was on the PS3 and never got around to touching The Last of Us 2

I too haven't played the first in a very long time, I prefer Part 1 over Part 2. I'm just more surprised TC doesn't get that this remake is meant for PC gamers who never played this game and the best part is, this is a remake.

Boiled-Hotdug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Boiled-Hotdug
Member since 2022 • 297 Posts

@davillain said:
@boiled-hotdug said:

I too haven't played the first in a very long time, I prefer Part 1 over Part 2. I'm just more surprised TC doesn't get that this remake is meant for PC gamers who never played this game and the best part is, this is a remake.

PC Gamers keep on winning 🥳

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 ENI232

@hardwenzen:

I think they are remaking very popular titles not just any. There are some titles I would LOOOVE to get a remake of from the PS3 era on a scale that demons souls got. Hopefully that what that developer is doing. Battlefield 3 and killzone 2 are a couple to name. I don't see a problem with what they are doing. It's for the gamers really. You don't have to buy any game period.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44161 Posts

I got the Remastered PS4 version for like $10 Canadian. That’ll be good enough for me.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By hardwenzen
@eni232 said:

@hardwenzen:

I think they are remaking very popular titles not just any. There are some titles I would LOOOVE to get a remake of from the PS3 era on a scale that demons souls got. Hopefully that what that developer is doing. Battlefield 3 and killzone 2 are a couple to name. I don't see a problem with what they are doing. It's for the gamers really. You don't have to buy any game period.

Replace "game" with "mtx", and this exactly what i've been hearing from every mtx apologist. Lots of them in Diablo Immortal. Now that we're seeing these kind of ripoff titles because "you don't have to buy it" attitude, what do you think will happen with remasters/remakes if those companies can invest way less resources and time, while still getting the fat $70? You will get much more remasters and remakes than new titles, and since we're at it, why not introduce mtx in those remakes? The future of gaming is looking like shit. This is not about "don't like it? Leave" kind of an attitude. Sony releasing a remake of a game that came out under 10 years ago, will fill up their yearly libraby, and i, instead of getting something new, i have the opportunity of rebuying what i've already owned, for a full $70 AND i am not getting a new game, a new game i purchased the ps5 for.

This is fuckedup.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#92 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

NNoyingHusband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 NNoyingHusband
Member since 2020 • 1038 Posts

Reading comments all over PS Facebook groups, it’s pretty clear the majority of comments are negative. I’ve seen tons of posts and pretty much everyone is saying they’re either not gonna buy it at all or will buy it in a couple years or longer once the price significantly drops. I truly don’t think this will go how ND planned.

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 ENI232

@hardwenzen:

Not if they have a developer hired just for remakes.

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 ENI232

@nnoyinghusband:

So it's just about the price??!!!????!!

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 hardwenzen

@eni232 said:

@hardwenzen:

Not if they have a developer hired just for remakes.

If most everything coming from Sony are remakes or remasters, Bluepoint can't do it all. ND was in charge of tlou1 remake. Instead possibly making an expansion for tlou2, they remade what didn't need a remake. This is the problem.

cdragon_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By cdragon_88
Member since 2003 • 1840 Posts

Never foolish to buy a great game..........on PC when it releases for the first time.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#98 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

Yeah, email them! That'll show em.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3398 Posts

It's an exploitative price but whatever, I don't care. Everything has gone to shit already, if Sony wants to exploit their user base it's their choice and if people want to reward this kind of business practice more power to them. Let them have their record profits and obscene bonuses.

In the context of the current practices 70$ for an old game on its 3rd version isn't the worst of things. At least it's not something that influences game design and hopefully helps financing the 3rd tlou which will probably originate more meltdowns and that is totally worth it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#100  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69456 Posts

@silentchief said:

And using those critical thinking skills how far does $70 get you in any form of entertainment?

That's two dates at the movies or two hours at a bar.

$70 for a new game that you will play anywhere from 10 to 50 hours?? Oh NOOOs!

Well, it can get you 7 months of Netflix and 7 months of Spotify Premium.😎