If you refuse to buy a console, you have no right to whine about it.

• 119 results
henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

You know what I really hate?

Gamers who refuse to buy certain consoles, and who then keep whining they cannot play the exclusives of the said consoles.

Person refuses to buy PS4, for example, and then keeps complaining about PS4 exclusives not coming to PC. Whine whine whine.

You can get PS4 for a hundred bucks these days, easy. So there is no excuse not to buy one, if you really want to play those exclusives. Everyone can afford vanilla PS4.

Same with Xbone and its exclusives. Everyone can afford one. Used Xbones, with games, go well under 100 bucks these days.

(And before you start, everyone's apartment has room for one more console. Its just another excuse to whine, pretending that you don't have room.)

Yeah. The real reason why those whiners refuse to buy certain consoles, is because they love to whine. Those sad individuals enjoy complaining more than they enjoy playing games.

Well, if you don't have a certain console, then I say you have no right to whine about the games on the said console.

I mean I dont have Switch. But do you see me complaining that BotW and Mario Odyssey arent coming to PS4? No, because that would be f-ing stupid thing to do.

The moment I decide I really want to play those two Nintendo exclusives, I go and buy Switch. And then play them on Switch. I don't come to SW and complain about the lack of Nintendo games on PC/Xbone/PS4.

And that's that.

That_Old_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 That_Old_Guy
Member since 2018 • 1233 Posts

What’s worse is those that refuse to buy the console and then bitch about how the games aren’t the kind of games they like.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5248 Posts

I never understand hypocrisy in society. Tell me why it is so common.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

Buying both consoles pro n X is the best thing I’ve done gaming wise

No need to pretend forza/halo/gears are shit and ps are movie games because they are story driven

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#5  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

I hate having to waste money buying redundant and shit console hardware to get access to exclusives. I will even by the 'premium' version of the console and it still can't run games properly. That is fucking pathetic. Just release the games for PC. Consoles are shit.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@BassMan said:

I hate having to waste money buying redundant and shit console hardware to get access to exclusives. I will even by the 'premium' version of the console and it still can't run games properly. That is fucking pathetic. Just release the games for PC. Consoles are shit.

If you want to play their games you buy their consoles. Don't complain about not playing games if you don't. smh

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts
@that_old_guy said:

What’s worse is those that refuse to buy the console and then bitch about how the games aren’t the kind of games they like.

That's not worse. If a console doesn't have the types of games that you want then it doesn't make any sense to own a console that doesn't have games that you want to play.

The thing that is really bad is when a console does have games that the person wants to play, but instead of buying the console to play the games that they want and be happy, they instead just bitch about it not being available on the console that they chose to purchase. Developers have every right to make their games exclusive to whatever platform that they want and you are not entitled to have another platform's exclusives just because you chose to buy a different platform. If you really want to play a game then simply buy the system that it is available on and enjoy yourself instead of bitching about it.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

Very true I don't have a gaming rig so I never mention pc gaming. It should be the same the other way.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

That's what kids do. They can't afford multiple systems but that's not gonna stop them from whining on the internet about them.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#10  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69451 Posts

@BassMan said:

Consoles pissing you off makes me...
Consoles pissing you off makes me...

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56092 Posts

Life's too short for me to whine about anything. I have no time to whine over a console. I buy it or leave it alone.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@henrythefifth: I have a ps4....am I allowed to moan about it?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

In my case, I'd love to play Bloodborne. But.

1. I don't want to get another console, especially not for only one game.

2. I hate the PS4's controllers.

3. The game doesn't run well on the PS4's hardware.

To me, Bloodborne is a great game taken hostage by shitty hardware. A great game just going to waste. I'm not whining a lot about it, it's more like "oh well".

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#14 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

You should drink the tears of the crybabies and enjoy the taste. You have to realize many gamers are in fact lazy and many others are broke. Complaining about complainers is also weird, but do your thing.

@henrythefifth said:

Gamers who refuse to buy certain consoles, and who then keep whining they cannot play the exclusives of the said consoles.

Person refuses to buy PS4, for example, and then keeps complaining about PS4 exclusives not coming to PC. Whine whine whine.

You can get PS4 for a hundred bucks these days, easy. So there is no excuse not to buy one, if you really want to play those exclusives. Everyone can afford vanilla PS4.

Same with Xbone and its exclusives. Everyone can afford one. Used Xbones, with games, go well under 100 bucks these days.

(And before you start, everyone's apartment has room for one more console. Its just another excuse to whine, pretending that you don't have room.)

Yeah. The real reason why those whiners refuse to buy certain consoles, is because they love to whine. Those sad individuals enjoy complaining more than they enjoy playing games.

Well, if you don't have a certain console, then I say you have no right to whine about the games on the said console.

I mean I dont have Switch. But do you see me complaining that BotW and Mario Odyssey arent coming to PS4? No, because that would be f-ing stupid thing to do.

The moment I decide I really want to play those two Nintendo exclusives, I go and buy Switch. And then play them on Switch. I don't come to SW and complain about the lack of Nintendo games on PC/Xbone/PS4.

And that's that.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Coolyfett

This.

Basically you have a generation of gamers now that want all games on one system. Hence the pro streaming crowd that has emerged on here. They want God of War, Zelda & Halo all stream able from their television sets like Youtube & Netflix. Same can be said for the pro cross platform crowd. Ten of their friends have a Switch and they have an Xbox, but dont want to purchase a Switch to play with their 10 friends on Switch. Weird times we live in.

@briguyb13 said:

That's what kids do. They can't afford multiple systems but that's not gonna stop them from whining on the internet about them.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

Imagine making this thread on a forum called "system wars". Incredible satire.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#17 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Clefdefa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#18 Clefdefa
Member since 2017 • 750 Posts

@henrythefifth: Anyway you don't miss anything. I had a Switch for a year and sold it because ... meh at best

Zuon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Zuon
Member since 2008 • 505 Posts

Okay, let's debunk this.

I did own an Xbox One before that I got for a trade. It lasted one week before I sold it because it bored me. There are no games on it I have interest in that I haven't already played on PC, and half of them were last gen titles.

I do envy some PS4 exclusives, but I still will never buy a PS4 for one reason - 8th generation consoles will be useless when the servers inevitably shut down. That means the discs you buy will never be updated. This is not ideal in an era where not only updates are mandatory to even launch the game, but a stock retail game is often released in a broken and buggy state as well. This also means that after the inevitable server shutdown, any DLC or digital games purchased will also be irrecoverable.

Next, your doubtfulness about space in the household... I own an NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, XBOX, XBOX 360, PS3, PS VITA, 7 laptops, 2 desktops, and an arcade cabinet. That's not including actual furniture and other household appliances. You know nothing about lack of space.

You don't have to own a console to know there are inherant flaws with them. Do you have to own a cat to express what you don't like about cats? Do you have to own a car dealership to know that advertisements are often misleading?

Maybe if everyone here stopped going "You aren't me so you have no right to dislike what I like," we might be able to figure something out together, like ending world hunger, for example.

Also, some PS4 exclusives are coming to PC now. The David Cage games are the start of it. Too bad it's Epic Store exclusive... But that's a different topic entirely.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11084 Posts

Meh. I didn't bother with Xbox One and I enjoyed some of the games that went to PC... except Crackdown 3. That game fuckin' SUCKED! And it was a great shame for the division since it was built completely on lies.

Outside of that, there's no need to whine about Xbox, merely mock, which I do incessantly. Mainly because it's great fun.

That_Old_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 That_Old_Guy
Member since 2018 • 1233 Posts

@storm_of_swords: that’s not what I said.

majestix1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By majestix1988
Member since 2006 • 822 Posts
@Zuon said:

Also, some PS4 exclusives are coming to PC now. The David Cage games are the start of it. Too bad it's Epic Store exclusive... But that's a different topic entirely.

this is wrong answer mostly some ps4 exclusives are tied on Sony via agreement they hold its IP....the David Cage Games are tied to studio no agreement on it even Sony doesnt have rights on it(they just agreement on time exclusivity and publishing/advertise game itself...so its become multiplatform its pretty same issue regarding Sunset Overdrive of Xbox One the game itself or IP is on Insomniac's hold they have right to publish it on PC or any console even now they like to have sequel for it but they dire need of a Publisher....so false hope that issue

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BassMan

@LJS9502_basic said:
@BassMan said:

If you want to play their games you buy their consoles. Don't complain about not playing games if you don't. smh

I do buy their consoles, but they are still a waste of money, anti-consumer, and bad for the environment. Why should I have to buy another device to play exclusives when I already have a much more capable device? What's even worse is the release of these classic consoles. They manufacture a whole new console just to play ancient games that can easily be played on current hardware. Terrible. There should be laws banning them. Stupid shit like that is how we are killing our planet.

Zuon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Zuon
Member since 2008 • 505 Posts

@majestix1988: It's not wrong though. It doesn't matter who owns the IP. If a game is only available on a specific platform for any length of time, during that time, the game is exclusive to that platform. Whether or not the owners decide to release the game on other platforms later does not erase the previous decade where Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls, and Detroit: Become Human we're objectively Sony console exclusives.

Fuzion Frenzy, to this very day, is an XBOX Exclusive, and it was developed by Blitz Games, a company known for their multiplatform licensed games of varying degrees of quality.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

@BassMan: console makers typically do not cater to entitled neckbeards who demand everything for free on their PCs like yourself.

Gotta pay to play. It’s obvious you cannot.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BassMan

@pdogg93 said:

@BassMan: console makers typically do not cater to entitled neckbeards who demand everything for free on their PCs like yourself.

Yup, here is my peasant setup....

Can you please give me some money so I can play?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#28 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41532 Posts

So something YOU already do with Nintendo platforms?

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10435 Posts
@BassMan said:
@pdogg93 said:

Yup, here is my peasant setup....

Can you please give me some money so I can play?

had a flashback of that episode of seinfeld when kramer accidentally ended up with the assman reg plate when i saw that. don't think i remember the car being as nice though... ;) on a separate note, i'm surprised he got a bite from you so easily

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#30 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69451 Posts

Is that PC gamer still crying in this thread about consoles? LMAO

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@Pedro: Why don't you tag him and ask?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BassMan

@Macutchi: It is lunch time. I am hungry and I want more than one bite. hehe :)

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

Naw bro. I am going to continue to whine about how much I hate the Wii U and Switch. Worst Nintendo systems ever.

No games and I will never buy either of them because they have nothing I like.

I can’t understand why Nintendo fanboys like Nintendo games when they are just ports/updates of old games every 5 years. It seems silly to get excited for it.

I don’t think Nintendo fans actually like Nintendo’s games. They just buy them to buy them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

@ajstyles said:

Naw bro. I am going to continue to whine about how much I hate the Wii U and Switch. Worst Nintendo systems ever.

No games and I will never buy either of them because they have nothing I like.

I can’t understand why Nintendo fanboys like Nintendo games when they are just ports/updates of old games every 5 years. It seems silly to get excited for it.

I don’t think Nintendo fans actually like Nintendo’s games. They just buy them to buy them.

The real AJ Styles is a big fan of Nintendo.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Calvincfb
Member since 2018 • 0 Posts

Who in their right mind would complain about not being able to play Microsoft's exclusives?

But PC gamers are the worst, they cry like babies because they can't stand 30fps on consoles.

Whiny entitled babies.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Calvincfb

@Pedro: are you really surprised? PC gamers always whine about consoles.

Avatar image for superfluousreal
SuperfluousReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SuperfluousReal
Member since 2019 • 361 Posts

@henrythefifth said:

And that's that.

Actually it is called freedom of speech and freedom of thoughts, heil Hitler should be your next move based on the type of mind control you want.

And not everyone wants all consoles or can even afford to... it still don't stop people judging them based on Youtube play throughs, reviews and all kinds of people talking about it.

I have never played GT Sport but i know it's a bad game, it is not GT any more, so i never bought it, i have sound logic.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Calvincfb

@superfluousreal: he is free to say he hates those people, freedom of speech, like you said.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#39 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts
@BassMan said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@BassMan said:

I do buy their consoles, but they are still a waste of money, anti-consumer, and bad for the environment. Why should I have to buy another device to play exclusives when I already have a much more capable device? What's even worse is the release of these classic consoles. They manufacture a whole new console just to play ancient games that can easily be played on current hardware. Terrible. There should be laws banning them. Stupid shit like that is how we are killing our planet.

Probably best not to be a hypocrite, nobody cares about the environment, even the ones who advocate climate change extensively. If we did, we would not buy mobile phone, televisions, computers, ovens etc, you know the things that come out of factories that pollute the earth.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BassMan

@Random_Matt said:
@BassMan said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@BassMan said:

Probably best not to be a hypocrite, nobody cares about the environment, even the ones who advocate climate change extensively. If we did, we would not buy mobile phone, televisions, computers, ovens etc, you know the things that come out of factories that pollute the earth.

We all pollute, but it's about changing our ways and trying not to be so wasteful. Do they not teach kids in school about the 3 Rs (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle) anymore? Things like upgrading computer parts and selling the old stuff to someone else is OK as the old stuff will still get used. However, always buying new things and discarding the old is wasteful. So many bad habits that we have. All the packaging for goods and meals is terrible. Such stupid shit that people do... throwing out a printer because buying a new one is cheaper than buying ink. Replacing an appliance because it is cheaper than the cost of fixing it. Our way of living is fucked up and so unnatural. Certain things like NES classic console are completely unnecessary. Having to buy another console to play exclusives is a waste too.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#41 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I buy a console for its exclusives, and i'll still whine about having to play games on them, because the games deserve better than running at awful frame rates on outdated hardware.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@superfluousreal said:
@henrythefifth said:

And that's that.

Actually it is called freedom of speech and freedom of thoughts, heil Hitler should be your next move based on the type of mind control you want.

And not everyone wants all consoles or can even afford to... it still don't stop people judging them based on Youtube play throughs, reviews and all kinds of people talking about it.

I have never played GT Sport but i know it's a bad game, it is not GT any more, so i never bought it, i have sound logic.

well that went from 0 to Godwin's law real fast

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

I would rather have those complaints, than TC's threads

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

@drlostrib said:
@superfluousreal said:

That is amazing.

Avatar image for superfluousreal
SuperfluousReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SuperfluousReal
Member since 2019 • 361 Posts

@drlostrib said:
@superfluousreal said:
@henrythefifth said:

And that's that.

The mentality asserts strong control over others, something Hitler imposed, Hitler is a landmark.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#46 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

That makes no sense, in fact the opposite makes sense. I refuse to buy a PS4 brcause Sony can't make a good racing game therefore i can piss all over Sony because i refuse to buy one.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@BassMan said:
@Random_Matt said:
@BassMan said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@BassMan said:

We all pollute, but it's about changing our ways and trying not to be so wasteful. Do they not teach kids in school about the 3 Rs (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle) anymore? Things like upgrading computer parts and selling the old stuff to someone else is OK as the old stuff will still get used. However, always buying new things and discarding the old is wasteful. So many bad habits that we have. All the packaging for goods and meals is terrible. Such stupid shit that people do... throwing out a printer because buying a new one is cheaper than buying ink. Replacing an appliance because it is cheaper than the cost of fixing it. Our way of living is fucked up and so unnatural. Certain things like NES classic console are completely unnecessary. Having to buy another console to play exclusives is a waste too.

And you assume we don't keep and use our old consoles. You can't be advocating for PC games and then be a hypocrite over consoles.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Coolyfett

@pdogg93 said:

He spent all his money on his rig, rig that doesnt get Nintendo & PlayStation exclusives.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#49 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts
@Coolyfett said:
@pdogg93 said:

He spent all his money on his rig, rig that doesnt get Nintendo & PlayStation exclusives.

A Nintendo switch is the most expensive platform, why waste money on it.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#50  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

I disagree. Whining is an inalienable right.

Anyway....

Having all the consoles, I can say that they are all particularly uninteresting computers.