If you don't like ONE system are you a fanboy?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tcarruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tcarruth
Member since 2005 • 926 Posts
I own a PS2, a PSP, a PC and an N64. I recently wrote a post predicting the future of the next gen system war. It turned out my analysis was not favourable of the PS3. I was labelled a 'fanboy'. If for some reason you hold something against one particular console, does that make you a fanboy even though you have no particular allegence to another system? Should we coin a new term 'anti-fanboy'. To be honest I'm not even a PS3 'anti-fanboy' but people will disagree for sure!
rabbidcrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 rabbidcrazy
Member since 2006 • 371 Posts

It wasn't that you were against the PS3... it was what you posted about the PS3. You had tons of verbal slaps in the face that were clearly made up or grasping at straws.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
People will call you a fanboy if you're realistic about their console of choice. 360 - charging for online is not a "necessary" standard. MS just wants your money. Wii - Graphics aren't HD, and never will be. PS3 - Format shoving and price are crap. And they need games. Any one of those can get you called a hermit, lemming, sheep, or just fanboy. Or graphics whore. It's just how it is.
nivet14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 nivet14
Member since 2006 • 5329 Posts
I called you a fanboy becuse you were talking about the ps3 and you were act like the 360 is the supreme system.
tcarruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tcarruth

I called you a fanboy becuse you were talking about the ps3 and you were act like the 360 is the supreme system.nivet14

but you are wrong! Why call someone something when you don't actually know. I promise you I'll buy system B if I can afford system B and it has games I want to play on it.  If in 6 months when I come to buy a next gen console system B and it happens to be a PS3, trust me, I will buy it regardless of the name!

tcarruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 tcarruth

It wasn't that you were against the PS3... it was what you posted about the PS3. You had tons of verbal slaps in the face that were clearly made up or grasping at straws.

rabbidcrazy

'slaps in the face'? I think you are taking this way too personally!

nivet14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nivet14

[QUOTE="nivet14"]I called you a fanboy becuse you were talking about the ps3 and you were act like the 360 is the supreme system.tcarruth

but you are wrong! Why call someone something when you don't actually know. I promise you I'll buy system B if I can afford system B and it has games I want to play on it.  If in 6 months when I come to buy a next gen console system B and it happens to be a PS3, trust me, I will buy it regardless of the name!

WTF are you alking about ?
rabbidcrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rabbidcrazy
[QUOTE="rabbidcrazy"]

tcarruth

'slaps in the face'? I think you are taking this way too personally!

It wasn't a slap in the face at me... it was at the PS3 and Sony.

Avatar image for secretsaiyan007
secretsaiyan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 secretsaiyan007
Member since 2006 • 4508 Posts

[QUOTE="nivet14"]I called you a fanboy becuse you were talking about the ps3 and you were act like the 360 is the supreme system.tcarruth

but you are wrong! Why call someone something when you don't actually know. I promise you I'll buy system A if I can afford system A and it has games I want to play on it. If in 6 months when I come to buy a next gen console system A is the PS3, trust me, I will buy it!

You just bashed the friggin system :| Your reasons for why ps3 won't be a success although maybe valid but the way you presented them made you look like a fanboy.
tcarruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tcarruth
I'm saying forget the name. Provide me with the facts and I'll write the same post about console A or whatever.. I'm trying to tell you that Sony, MS, Nintendo, PS3, 360, wii the names had no effect on my post and will have no part in my decision over what console to buy. Can I reasonably be called a 'fanboy' if this is correct?
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#11 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
If you post at GS, then you are a xbox fanboy, because GS is biased against sony.  At least according to the genius sony fanboys on this site.
tcarruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tcarruth
[QUOTE="tcarruth"]

[QUOTE="nivet14"]I called you a fanboy becuse you were talking about the ps3 and you were act like the 360 is the supreme system.secretsaiyan007

but you are wrong! Why call someone something when you don't actually know. I promise you I'll buy system A if I can afford system A and it has games I want to play on it. If in 6 months when I come to buy a next gen console system A is the PS3, trust me, I will buy it!

You just bashed the friggin system :| Your reasons for why ps3 won't be a success although maybe valid but the way you presented them made you look like a fanboy.

Ok so back to this thread. If I bash one system, the PS3 in this case. What am I a fanboy of?

Mass_Effect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Mass_Effect
Member since 2006 • 1993 Posts

People will call you a fanboy if you're realistic about their console of choice. 360 - charging for online is not a "necessary" standard. MS just wants your money. Wii - Graphics aren't HD, and never will be. PS3 - Format shoving and price are crap. And they need games. Any one of those can get you called a hermit, lemming, sheep, or just fanboy. Or graphics whore. It's just how it is.Jandurin

I've been called a lemming for saying that the PS3 is too expensive :lol:. I'm not a fanboy, I buy every console I can and enjoy them all. There is one exception however, I bought an N-gage, and I have to say its the first time I've ever sold one of my consoles before. It was really poor

shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 shungokustasu
Member since 2004 • 7190 Posts
Yep, If you perfer a system over another you a fanboy. It's that cut and dry.100% people here are fanboys,  95% claims not to be one.
nivet14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nivet14
I'm saying forget the name. Provide me with the facts and I'll write the same post about console A or whatever.. I'm trying to tell you that Sony, MS, Nintendo, PS3, 360, wii the names had no effect on my post and will have no part in my decision over what console to buy. Can I reasonably be called a 'fanboy' if this is correct?tcarruth
I still do not understand. What is your point ? 
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#16 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Yep, If you perfer a system over another you a fanboy. It's that cut and dry.100% people here are fanboys,  95% claims not to be one.shungokustasu

I don't mind fanboys - that's why we're at SW.  But I agree with you on that point - I hate people that claim they aren't.  Everyone has their biases - overt or not.

tcarruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tcarruth

Yep, If you perfer a system over another you a fanboy. It's that cut and dry.100% people here are fanboys,  95% claims not to be one.shungokustasu

You don't seem to be getting what I'm saying!!! If I object to the PS3 please tell me what system I prefer? I could be a hermit, lemming, whateveryoucallanintendoguy whatever... I'm not a fanboy am I?

rabbidcrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rabbidcrazy
[QUOTE="secretsaiyan007"][QUOTE="tcarruth"]

Ok so back to this thread. If I bash one system, the PS3 in this case. What am I a fanboy of?

Fanboys arn't necessarily fanboys of anything... the definition basically has evolved to include haters of a paticular system. It's wierd... but it holds true... specially here on System Wars.

Mass_Effect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Mass_Effect
Member since 2006 • 1993 Posts

[QUOTE="shungokustasu"]Yep, If you perfer a system over another you a fanboy. It's that cut and dry.100% people here are fanboys,  95% claims not to be one.sonicare

I don't mind fanboys - that's why we're at SW.  But I agree with you on that point - I hate people that claim they aren't.  Everyone has their biases - overt or not.

I honestly am not a fanboy, I just enjoy the games. I find something annoying about each console, but I really do enjoy them all the same.

shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 shungokustasu

[QUOTE="shungokustasu"]Yep, If you perfer a system over another you a fanboy. It's that cut and dry.100% people here are fanboys, 95% claims not to be one.tcarruth

You don't seem to be getting what I'm saying!!! If I object to the PS3 please tell me what system I prefer? I could be a hermit, lemming, whateveryoucallanintendoguy whatever... I'm not a fanboy am I?

You a fanboy because you like a system over another. You not hearing what I'm saying. Fanboy is not a bad thing. Radical Fanboys are. It's like the muslim religion. Muslim are not bad it's the radical muslim that are.
Warfust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#21 Warfust
Member since 2005 • 3046 Posts
I think fanboy has become to liberally used here. It has come to mean preference instead of fanaticism, like it used to.
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 shungokustasu
[QUOTE="sonicare"]

[QUOTE="shungokustasu"]Yep, If you perfer a system over another you a fanboy. It's that cut and dry.100% people here are fanboys, 95% claims not to be one.Mass_Effect

I don't mind fanboys - that's why we're at SW. But I agree with you on that point - I hate people that claim they aren't. Everyone has their biases - overt or not.

I honestly am not a fanboy, I just enjoy the games. I find something annoying about each console, but I really do enjoy them all the same.

Even a parent has a favorite child. It's human nature man!!! Stop acting like you like them equally.
Prid3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23 Prid3r
Member since 2004 • 8643 Posts
your a hater :P !
tcarruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tcarruth
[QUOTE="tcarruth"]

[QUOTE="shungokustasu"]Yep, If you perfer a system over another you a fanboy. It's that cut and dry.100% people here are fanboys, 95% claims not to be one.shungokustasu

You a fanboy because you like a system over another. You not hearing what I'm saying. Fanboy is not a bad thing. Radical Fanboys are. It's like the muslim religion. Muslim are not bad it's the radical muslim that are.

Thats one way to get this thread LOCKED!!! haha! 

shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 shungokustasu
[QUOTE="shungokustasu"][QUOTE="tcarruth"]

[QUOTE="shungokustasu"]Yep, If you perfer a system over another you a fanboy. It's that cut and dry.100% people here are fanboys, 95% claims not to be one.tcarruth

Thats one way to get this thread LOCKED!!! haha!

I was giving an example, not picking on a religion.