if you don't like mag...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chicagodon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 chicagodon
Member since 2008 • 909 Posts

if you dont like mag you dont like fps games. i thought the beta was average as i played the first hour. but after i began to level up and under the depth of mag i realized how great this game is. i have not played halo or kz2 since i started playing mag. this was a game i was going to pass on but now i think this will be the only comp for reach this year. the game is great. the more you play the deeper it gets. the better it gets. the more challenging it becomes. the more rewarding it becomes. this is a day one purchase if you love fps. i think its better than halo and kz2 already. i have not had this much fun in any shooter since warhawk.

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Skittles_McGee
Member since 2008 • 9136 Posts
If I don't agree with you, I can't like any game in the genre? This must be a new law I never heard of. Enlighten me how it works.
Arctic_Grillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Arctic_Grillz
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
cool sto...good for you man!! I also like the gameplay but I prefer halo or KZ2 over this, but its still on the beta..still got time for improvements.
Yankees718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Yankees718
Member since 2009 • 1033 Posts

Wait, if i dont like a crappy game with last gen graphics and horrendous gameplay then i dont like FPS?

SwagSurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SwagSurf
Member since 2009 • 3022 Posts

*Sigh*

I don't like MAG but I love Killzone 2 8)

awdxfv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 awdxfv
Member since 2010 • 331 Posts

i have not played halo or kz2

chicagodon
and then

i think its better than halo and kz2 already.

chicagodon
Do i need to say anything? If you want a shooter play on the pc.
RAGINGxPONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RAGINGxPONY
Member since 2009 • 1452 Posts

Awww, I thought i really liked FPS. I guess not though since I think MAG is crap. Thanks for letting me know TC!!

Arctic_Grillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Arctic_Grillz

Wait, if i dont like a crappy game with last gen graphics and horrendous gameplay then i dont like FPS?

Yankees718
right! MAG is the root of all FPS...
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Boy oh boy I just love these blanket statement opinion threads on System Wars. Yeehaw!

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

Ugh. I hated it. It plays like a crappy version of resistance 2 with more players, clunky controls, and worse graphics. Which is saying alot :/

awdxfv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 awdxfv

Yankees718
I though we were talking abou MAG and not Halo 3, re-read the topic.
Snagal123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Snagal123
Member since 2006 • 3524 Posts

The problem i have with MAG is that its TOO MANY people. Its the same in all FPS with massive players, theres no cordination, it just becomes one big giant cluster **** of people going rambo and not working as a team.

Unless you can get a large amount of the team to work together it never really becomes much fun, and good luck getting 128 people to work together.

Avatar image for Kennysolidsnake
Kennysolidsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Kennysolidsnake
Member since 2009 • 1068 Posts

Agreed TC MAG is amazing.. Ill be honest at first I hated it and ive even made threads bashing this game a couple months ago.. But i started playing it more and more and now i cant put it down. The game is very fun, highly addictive and has probably the best and deepest unlock and ranking up system out of any other console FPS to date.

What gets me is how people on here bash the graphics saying they are absolutly terrible and yet the graphics are just as good as Rainbow Six Vegas and you never hear anyone complain about the grahpics on that..

Rainbow six vegas and MAG are on the same level graphically and those games have got universal acclaim.. I see high AA for MAG easily on here. Im buying it day 1

lazzordude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 lazzordude
Member since 2003 • 6685 Posts
[QUOTE="chicagodon"]

i have not played halo or kz2

awdxfv
and then

chicagodon

couldn't agree more
Kennysolidsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Kennysolidsnake

Yankees718
Your right.. Rainbow Six Vegas was a terrible game.. oh wait
Kennysolidsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Kennysolidsnake

Ok for those of you that think MAG has terrible graphics, will you say the same about Rainbow Six Vegas? a game that scored AAAE here? I just ask because the grahpics of MAG are not terrible, they are just as good if not slightly better than Rainbow six Vegas and even has 230 more players on screen at once.

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Skittles_McGee
[QUOTE="Yankees718"]

awdxfv

...that was terrible :| Swing and a miss.
Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Skittles_McGee

Ok for those of you that think MAG has terrible graphics, will you say the same about Rainbow Six Vegas? a game that scored AAAE here? I just ask because the grahpics of MAG are not terrible, they are just as good if not slightly better than Rainbow six Vegas and even has 230 more players on screen at once.

Kennysolidsnake
Yep, Vegas wasn't strong in the graphics department. The hell does that have to do with the game being AAA though.
Yankees718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Yankees718

[QUOTE="Yankees718"]

Kennysolidsnake

Rainbow six had good gameplay smart one...

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
I like magazines.
lazzordude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 lazzordude
Member since 2003 • 6685 Posts
[QUOTE="Yankees718"]

Kennysolidsnake

notice the "and horrendous gameplay" part
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#22 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
"Leveling up" is what makes FPS games good nowadays? :S
awdxfv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 awdxfv
[QUOTE="awdxfv"][QUOTE="Yankees718"]

Skittles_McGee

Yeah, Halo 3 was really terrible, but lets hope Reach will be better. I know what you mean ;).
Yandere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Yandere
Member since 2009 • 9878 Posts

If I don't like MAG

I don't like FPSes?

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Skittles_McGee
[QUOTE="awdxfv"][QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"][QUOTE="awdxfv"] I though we were talking abou MAG and not Halo 3, re-read the topic.

Yeah, Halo 3 was really terrible, but lets hope Reach will be better. I know what you mean ;).

*sigh* I don't think I'll ever understand you fan/fakeboys....
racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#26 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
I really like MAG aswell, but no one can defend the graphics, they're just terrible for a PS3 exclusive.
Kennysolidsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Kennysolidsnake

[QUOTE="Kennysolidsnake"][QUOTE="Yankees718"]

Yankees718

besides the cover system it practically has the same exact gameplay.. they both play very similar only MAG has more players and a lot more deeper leveling up and ranking system. MAG looks slightly better than Rainbow Six vegas and yet people dont bash Vegas graphics and BTW still got AAA here.. Its funny because the only argument i see about people bashing mag is "Teh last genz graphics" nothing else
Arctic_Grillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Arctic_Grillz
[QUOTE="lazzordude"][QUOTE="awdxfv"][QUOTE="chicagodon"] and then

chicagodon

couldn't agree more

Translation: He has those games and has played them but ever since MAG beta was released...he couldnt stop playing it, and has no time for kz2 or halo.
mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
I like magazines.OreoMilkshake
This. On Topic: I just canceled my download lol
Kennysolidsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Kennysolidsnake
I really like MAG aswell, but no one can defend th graphics, they're just terrible for a PS3 exclusive.racing1750
They arent Killzone 2 mindblowing but they are just fine for the type of game it is. Its on the same level of Rainbow Six Vegas in terms of visuals and that game was awesome..
Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Skittles_McGee
[QUOTE="Yankees718"]

[QUOTE="Kennysolidsnake"] Your right.. Rainbow Six Vegas was a terrible game.. oh waitKennysolidsnake

besides the cover system it practically has the same exact gameplay.. they both play very similar only MAG has more players and a lot more deeper leveling up and ranking system. MAG looks slightly better than Rainbow Six vegas and yet people dont bash Vegas graphics and BTW still got AAA here.. Its funny because the only argument i see about people bashing mag is "Teh last genz graphics" nothing else

:lol: You can't be serious. Oh man. MAG and Vegas have a LOT more differences than the cover system.
Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#32 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
Well, its kind of sad but oh wait, I wasn't such a fps fan so I don't mind at all. MAG is one of the worst fps I have played in my life.
Kennysolidsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Kennysolidsnake

now that i think of it, MAG and Halo 3 multiplayer almost have the same graphical quality, Halo 3 slightly edging out MAG

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#34 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
[QUOTE="racing1750"]I really like MAG aswell, but no one can defend th graphics, they're just terrible for a PS3 exclusive.Kennysolidsnake
They arent Killzone 2 mindblowing but they are just fine for the type of game it is. Its on the same level of Rainbow Six Vegas in terms of visuals and that game was awesome..

Yeh, the gameplay makes up for it.
Snagal123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Snagal123

I'll bash R6 Vegas graphics, they were awful, some of the textures looked worse than Quake, doesn't stop it being a good game.

chicagodon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 chicagodon
Member since 2008 • 909 Posts

[QUOTE="awdxfv"][QUOTE="chicagodon"] and then [QUOTE="chicagodon"]

lazzordude

couldn't agree more

why did you take a fragemt of the statement? i have not played kz2 or halo since i started playing the mag beta. i thought it sucked at first too. take a fragment of that statement as well. but now i am totally hooked. its crazy fun. do you find mw2 fun? halo fun? kz2 fun? fear fun? ut fun?

Kennysolidsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Kennysolidsnake

[QUOTE="Kennysolidsnake"][QUOTE="Yankees718"]

Skittles_McGee

:lol: You can't be serious. Oh man. MAG and Vegas have a LOT more differences than the cover system.

Ok how? name them.. both have the same controls, both are FPS, both have a random narrartor telling you the mission objectives.. yes MAG is more large scale and more players, thats about it.

awdxfv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 awdxfv
[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"][QUOTE="awdxfv"][QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"]...that was terrible :| Swing and a miss.

Oh and someone saying MAG is crap before it is released isn't one? Do not get me wrong i am neutral. I think Shooters,strategy=pc multiplats=360 exclusives=ps3 Someone says something bad about MAG you are okay with it, i kid with someone that says it and you jump on me? And i am the fanboy? Have fun...*leaves thread*
Kennysolidsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Kennysolidsnake

I'll bash R6 Vegas graphics, they were awful, some of the textures looked worse than Quake, doesn't stop it being a good game.

Snagal123
same thing with MAG.. so far all the fanboys say against MAG is "the last gen grahpics" but noone every bashes the core gameplay or the ranking system because its awesome
Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Skittles_McGee

[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"][QUOTE="Kennysolidsnake"] besides the cover system it practically has the same exact gameplay.. they both play very similar only MAG has more players and a lot more deeper leveling up and ranking system. MAG looks slightly better than Rainbow Six vegas and yet people dont bash Vegas graphics and BTW still got AAA here.. Its funny because the only argument i see about people bashing mag is "Teh last genz graphics" nothing elseKennysolidsnake

Ok how? name them.. both have the same controls, both are FPS, both have a random narrartor telling you the mission objectives.. yes MAG is more large scale and more players, thats about it.

Because Vegas is a tactical real-world military shooter. I shouldn't even have to explain this. Its like asking whats different between ARMA and Unreal Tournament :|
Yankees718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Yankees718

now that i think of it, MAG and Halo 3 multiplayer almost have the same graphical quality, Halo 3 slightly edging out MAG

Kennysolidsnake

With Halo3 trashing MAG in the gameplay department

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Skittles_McGee
[QUOTE="awdxfv"][QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"][QUOTE="awdxfv"] Yeah, Halo 3 was really terrible, but lets hope Reach will be better. I know what you mean ;).

Oh and someone saying MAG is crap before it is released isn't one? Do not get me wrong i am neutral. I think Shooters,strategy=pc multiplats=360 exclusives=ps3 Someone says something bad about MAG you are okay with it, i kid with someone that says it and you jump on me? And i am the fanboy? Have fun...*leaves thread*

MAG has a beta out. Betas are, more often than not, exactly what the final game will be like. Whats wrong with judging something that you can play?
VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

Kennysolidsnake

Halo 3 is nice to look at. Its bright and colorful, has a nice artistic style and some really good lighting effects. There is nothing redeeming about the way MAG looks it just looks like a pile of garbage. They are so bad they actually effect gameplay where if someone is farther away you cant really tell whos side they are on, its just like an outline of some blurry human like character

skinny_man_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#44 skinny_man_69
Member since 2005 • 5147 Posts

I guess I don't like FPS then.

"Begins to wonder why Half Life 2 is in Top 5 Favourite Games before realizing MAG is just a bad game and TC's opinion doesn't change that"

Snagal123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Snagal123

[QUOTE="Snagal123"]

Kennysolidsnake

same thing with MAG.. so far all the fanboys say against MAG is "the last gen grahpics" but noone every bashes the core gameplay or the ranking system because its awesome

As i already stated, its nothing to do with the graphics, its to do with there being too many players, there no cordination or team work, it just feels like 128 people doing there own thing, its very hard to get people working together, and its not just MAG, any FPS with large amount of players is generally like this unless you get into a clan, even then most games will be closer to 16vs16 not 128vs128. Games like this IMO are only fun when everyone works together and actually does what is needed to win, not just trying to get the highest score. Having a big player count doesn't always make things better.

alextherussian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 alextherussian
Member since 2009 • 2642 Posts
[QUOTE="Kennysolidsnake"] besides the cover system it practically has the same exact gameplay.. they both play very similar only MAG has more players and a lot more deeper leveling up and ranking system. MAG looks slightly better than Rainbow Six vegas and yet people dont bash Vegas graphics and BTW still got AAA here.. Its funny because the only argument i see about people bashing mag is "Teh last genz graphics" nothing else

Actually there have been many arguments against MAG that do not focus on graphics at all. Things like: 1. Do not feel the scale of the conflict 2. Do not enjoy the relatively average nature of the gun fighting 3. Lack of team communication or working structure to enforce said communication 4. Connection issues If anything graphics seems to have been the least of the complaints made against the game. Its pretty clear that if a game has 256 players it wont be a graphical powerhouse. OT: Not liking one game means not liking the genre? What new law is this. Out of curiosity what game must I like to enjoy RPGs, what movie must I like to enjoy action movies. Howmust I like my chicken prepared for me to like chicken?
Avatar image for randomwiiplayer
randomwiiplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 randomwiiplayer
Member since 2009 • 1804 Posts

if you dont like mag you dont like fps games.

chicagodon

I like Jedi Knight, I like Call of Duty, I like James Bond game, I like FEAR, I like Metroid Prime, but seriously, MAG will flop hard.