If you don't like AAAs you obviously aren't a gamer.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

turgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 turgore
Member since 2006 • 7859 Posts
No matter which system. You might dislike a few parts of the game but not so many that won't warrant you a play. For exaple I palyed Warcraft 3 a while ago on the PC and it was great. I played HL2 on the PC and it was great. I played Oblviion adn gears on the 360 it was great. I played SSB for the gamecube ( was that an AAA here ? It was in most places) and it was great. So stop making excuses that a game is overated when it gets AAA everywhere . (Oblivion was criticized that it was far too noobish yet somehow I enjoyed it a lot , H3 was criticized for it's 640p native resolution but there don't change the games from being overall AAAs)
Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Koalakommander
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts

No matter which system. You might dislike a few parts of the game but not so many that won't warrant you a play. For exaple I palyed Warcraft 3 a while ago on the PC and it was great. I played HL2 on the PC and it was great. I played Oblviion adn gears on the 360 it was great. I played SSB for the gamecube ( was that an AAA here ? It was in most places) and it was great. So stop making excuses that a game is overated when it gets AAA everywhere . (Oblivion was criticized that it was far too noobish yet somehow I enjoyed it a lot , H3 was criticized for it's 640p native resolution but there don't change the games from being overall AAAs)turgore

You can still have your own taste in games instead of being run by a critic's words.

For example, GTA:SA got a 9.6. I do not care for it. I respect it as a well made game, but I honestly don't like it.

I do not care for Oblivion either, I really don't like it's setting and feel. Again, I still respect it.

Sooshy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Sooshy
Member since 2007 • 1723 Posts
I'm so sick of people saying "You're not a gamer." or "You aren't a true gamer unless...". If someone plays games, they are a gamer. Someone's favorite game could be Big Rigs, and they would be a gamer.
JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JPOBS
Member since 2007 • 9675 Posts

i tend to agree. Any game which is AAA is pretty much always a great game. theres no such thing as being over rated.

in any case, the only reaosn for such posts is because people want to find something wrong with a game, they tend to do so and overemphasize it.

Mochyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Mochyc
Member since 2007 • 4421 Posts
That's so silly, to say the least... What you like and dislike is a matter of opinion, it doesn't affect you're gamer status. However, if you say an AAA game is bad, then you're biased and ignorant.
EntwineX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6 EntwineX
Member since 2005 • 5858 Posts
That's BS.
ParasiteDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ParasiteDemon
Member since 2006 • 1195 Posts
I have to like every AAA ever to be a gamer? Funny, I thought I had to play games :?
Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Koalakommander

That's so silly, to say the least... What you like and dislike is a matter of opinion, it doesn't affect you're gamer status. However, if you say an AAA game is bad, then you're biased and ignorant.Mochyc

Critics arn't perfect you know. It is very possible for a game to be overrated.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127536 Posts
Ofcourse you can dislike some AAA games even if you are a gamer. Why shouldn't I able to dislike Forza 2 for instance and still consider myself as a gamer?
Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Javy03
Member since 2006 • 6886 Posts

No matter which system. You might dislike a few parts of the game but not so many that won't warrant you a play. For exaple I palyed Warcraft 3 a while ago on the PC and it was great. I played HL2 on the PC and it was great. I played Oblviion adn gears on the 360 it was great. I played SSB for the gamecube ( was that an AAA here ? It was in most places) and it was great. So stop making excuses that a game is overated when it gets AAA everywhere . (Oblivion was criticized that it was far too noobish yet somehow I enjoyed it a lot , H3 was criticized for it's 640p native resolution but there don't change the games from being overall AAAs)turgore

Game tastes are subjective. If you havnt noticed games can vary in score from site to site because scores are nothing but opinions. Some examples are Resistance getting a 9.1 at IGN and an 8.6 here, or Forza 2 getting AAA in GS but only AA in IGN.

If you base your gaming experience off a few sites opnions of a game, then your not a true gamer.

ZeldaMaster32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 ZeldaMaster32
Member since 2005 • 9263 Posts

Not everyone can universally like a game. It's impossible.

For example, I dislike Halo. Does that mean I'm not a gamer? No. However, it's still important to respect what a title does right and exceptionally well, even if you yourself don't enjoy it.

The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 The_Ish
Member since 2006 • 13913 Posts
No, I don't agree. I dislike the LoZ and some of the games in the Mario series, that doesn't disqualify me as a gamer.
dragonlife29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dragonlife29
Member since 2005 • 14543 Posts
Scores are irrelevant to me. If a game interests me, it interests me, regardless of its score.
Bandit_Haze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Bandit_Haze
Member since 2005 • 4950 Posts

sorry but thats one of the dumbest statements i done ever heard "if you don't like AAAs your not a gamer" ? ... ok, a gamer, is someone who plays games... it doesn't matter if its 10/10 or 1/10... if a person plays games, they are a gamer...

and you shoud never have to feel like you must play a game, just cos it gotta high score... "oh no, they won't call me a gamer anymore" ..just play what you like, or at least what you think you might like

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127536 Posts
I have to like every AAA ever to be a gamer? Funny, I thought I had to play games :?ParasiteDemon
nah that what the casual does :lol:
Oroin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Oroin
Member since 2006 • 3041 Posts

[QUOTE="Mochyc"]That's so silly, to say the least... What you like and dislike is a matter of opinion, it doesn't affect you're gamer status. However, if you say an AAA game is bad, then you're biased and ignorant.Koalakommander

agreed. Ok say that I'm a reviewer and I rate a game you really dislike, and give it a AAA then that means your not a gamer?? no it's just one person's opinion,

JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JPOBS

[QUOTE="Mochyc"]That's so silly, to say the least... What you like and dislike is a matter of opinion, it doesn't affect you're gamer status. However, if you say an AAA game is bad, then you're biased and ignorant.Koalakommander

Well that makes no sense.

if a critic isnt perfect, and its possible for a game to be overrated, wouldnt calling a game "overrated" make you a critic, thereby implying that you (or anyone who calls it over rated) incorrect by the very logic of that statement?

darkodonnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 darkodonnie
Member since 2007 • 2384 Posts
I dislike Nintendogs, Wario Ware: SM, and Battlefield 2
shadowrun69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 shadowrun69
Member since 2007 • 322 Posts
How come any time someone brings up Warioware it is referred to as overrated casual trash minigame?
RickyStackz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RickyStackz
Member since 2007 • 172 Posts

I hate Gears, so i'm not a gamer?

:lol:

I just made a post about people like you, where if you don't like AAA games your not a gamer and are a fanboy.

Hilarious, im sorry I actually like to enjoy games that cater to me, not games that cater to someone elses interest.

Don't forget folks, you are not allowed to come up with your own opinions, you must listen to what Jeff tells you to play by completely contradicting himself (looks at Metroid Prime 3; Great sequel then minutes later says "adding one or two things is not significant")

Sooshy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Sooshy
[QUOTE="Koalakommander"]

[QUOTE="Mochyc"]That's so silly, to say the least... What you like and dislike is a matter of opinion, it doesn't affect you're gamer status. However, if you say an AAA game is bad, then you're biased and ignorant.JPOBS

if a critic isnt perfect, and its possible for a game to be overrated, wouldnt calling a game "overrated" make you a critic, thereby implying that you (or anyone who calls it over rated) incorrect by the very logic of that statement?

He's obviously talking about professional critics.
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
Eh No... its just means you have a brain which you use to decide things you like for yourself
Bandit_Haze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Bandit_Haze

indeed, theres plenty of high rated games that i don't care too much for... and at the same time theres a ton of low rated games, i like...

saying you have to like AAA games to be a gamer, is like saying, you have to like hollywood blockbusters, to be a movie fan

tomjoetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tomjoetan
Member since 2007 • 227 Posts
warioware got AAA... i dont like it
JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 JPOBS
[QUOTE="JPOBS"][QUOTE="Koalakommander"]

[QUOTE="Mochyc"]That's so silly, to say the least... What you like and dislike is a matter of opinion, it doesn't affect you're gamer status. However, if you say an AAA game is bad, then you're biased and ignorant.Sooshy

That still doesnt make sense. He's implying that professional critics could be almost unanimously incorrect in overrating a game, yet you who plays games as a hobby has a better handle on the true quality of a game?

right.

ball_of_air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ball_of_air
Member since 2007 • 2105 Posts

Define "gamer".

AntiType

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AntiType
Member since 2003 • 6249 Posts
Most people found PDZ difficult to enjoy....
general_KDI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 general_KDI
Member since 2003 • 1068 Posts
Sorry but I don't like WarioWare or even the almighty Gears of War and I still conside rmyself a gamer. /thread
Oroin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Oroin
Member since 2006 • 3041 Posts

warioware got AAA... i dont like it tomjoetan

:lol: based on tc ""flawless"" logic your not a gamer... you're not allowed to have your own opinion every gamermust have the same opinion as one reviewer.

marth678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 marth678
Member since 2004 • 582 Posts
[QUOTE="Sooshy"][QUOTE="JPOBS"][QUOTE="Koalakommander"]

[QUOTE="Mochyc"]That's so silly, to say the least... What you like and dislike is a matter of opinion, it doesn't affect you're gamer status. However, if you say an AAA game is bad, then you're biased and ignorant.JPOBS

That still doesnt make sense. He's implying that professional critics could be almost unanimously incorrect in overrating a game, yet you who plays games as a hobby has a better handle on the true quality of a game?

right.

yes

NECR0CHILD313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 NECR0CHILD313
Member since 2006 • 7025 Posts
If I think most AAA games try too hard to be "epic" and lose the core value of games (you know, being fun), I guess that makes me not a gamer. I prefer many of the AA games on the 360 over the AAA library.
omgimba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 omgimba
Member since 2007 • 2645 Posts
A gamer will make up his/her (Who am I kidding, there are no female gamers on this forum) mind on his/her own. Not looking at scores on a site..
Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

I guess I am just not a "gamer". I can live with that.

Sooshy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Sooshy

right.

JPOBS
The true quality of a game is subjective. The critics can hate something that people love. It happens all the time with movies and music.
cyborgjak427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 cyborgjak427
Member since 2006 • 14046 Posts

Even if critics like a game, a person is still entitled to their own opinions. WOW and Gears of War are AAA games, but I don't like them.

Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

"If you don't like AAAs you obviously aren't a gamer."

O_O

That's a terrible thing to say, man.

Avatar image for organic_machine
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 organic_machine
Member since 2004 • 10143 Posts
I'm so sick of people saying "You're not a gamer." or "You aren't a true gamer unless...". If someone plays games, they are a gamer. Someone's favorite game could be Big Rigs, and they would be a gamer.Sooshy
agreed.
Doomlike_Mitc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Doomlike_Mitc
Member since 2006 • 4912 Posts
About alot of games you are correct. Unless the person doesn't like the genre then it's another case. The reviewers mostly know what's bad or good so I think they deserve a litle more faith in there oppinion.
leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts
People have opinions that differ from others like their favorite genre and etc. Personally, I thought Halo 2 was overrated and I don't like RTSs.
slick_gio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 slick_gio
Member since 2004 • 1523 Posts
I don't like FPS shooters or car racing games. No score is going to change that.
Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Koalakommander
[QUOTE="Sooshy"][QUOTE="JPOBS"][QUOTE="Koalakommander"]

right.

IGN called Halo 3 the best FPS experience ever made. Don't you think that maybe, just maybe, a few people might disagree with that statement?

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
ok then...all hail Warioware :| /sarcasm
Avatar image for ProductNumber49
ProductNumber49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ProductNumber49
Member since 2006 • 3840 Posts
Wario Ware.
azshorty2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#44 azshorty2003
Member since 2004 • 4651 Posts
i didnt like gears, and i stopped like halo because of halo 2. :| im still a gamer.
drufeous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 drufeous
Member since 2004 • 2535 Posts
I rate games as I play them. could be AAA here and I may think its AA or A or -A. I play games to my personal prefference. I say you're not a gamer if you only play AAA games.
Under-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Under-Wolf
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
That's just stupid... Its all a matter of opinion, not what others say.
Bandit_Haze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Bandit_Haze

About alot of games you are correct. Unless the person doesn't like the genre then it's another case. The reviewers mostly know what's bad or good so I think they deserve a litle more faith in there oppinion. Doomlike_Mitc

reviewers, know what they like... which may or may not be the same as what you like

OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#48 OhhSnap50893
Member since 2006 • 27110 Posts
Or if I don't like AAA's, maybe I don't agree with the reviewer. Crazy, I know.
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#49 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts
I think that a little too much. People can still be gamers even if they haven't play any AAA games. And it still possible for a game to be overrated even if critics give it AAA.