NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

And have no interest in playing RTS, MMOS or MOBAS then what do you miss out on by not buying a gaming PC?

I always see people say all you need is a PC + PS or PC + Switch or even all 3 of those. A mid-range (forget high end) PC costs roughly the same as owning all 3 consoles combined, and you miss out on Sony and Nintendo exclusives.

So if you don't need it for streaming or video/photo editing then what purpose is there to buy a gaming PC over all 3 consoles? What games are you missing out on?

Web browsing, email and work? iPhone and MacBook handle all that with a far superior OS than garbage Windows.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46255 Posts

PC + PS5 for the win.

PC has way more than RTS:

• City builders
  • Grand strategy
  • 4X
  • Turn based strategy
  • Flight and racing simulators

And then a ton of exclusives in a lot of genres that are a lot more niche than all the big blockbusters.

If you waste 1300 dollars on consoles, get each of their subscription based online services and also buy an Iphone and Macbook to do some light PC work than you wasted a ton more money than just buying a PC and being able to play 98% of those same games.

Just my honest opinion.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

Why purchase a PS5 then, with all those games you would never have the time to play them all. It also looks like some of those PS5 games will eventually come to the PC anyway.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

SuperMighty XSX MonsterBox alone has all the most important bases covered. :P

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

OP's back for some lame trolling

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

If it gets all the popular mmo and esports/mobas it's ggwp. Just intergrate it better to PC.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

@rzxv04 said:
@SecretPolice said:

If it gets all the popular mmo and esports/mobas it's ggwp. Just intergrate it better to PC.

Nah, everyone knows..

Pee Salty Seas are for Work.

Consoles are for Fun. :P

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rzxv04

@SecretPolice said:
@rzxv04 said:
@SecretPolice said:

Nah, everyone knows..

Pee Salty Seas are for Work.

Consoles are for Fun. :P

IDK. I know more contemporaries playing more on PC. Mostly young doctors playing mobas and mmos. There are less who play on consoles and it's more like secondary gaming. Much younger ones are more into mobile (below 21).

It's just my anecdote.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

You want me to buy 3 consoles with massively overlapping libraries, plus a low-end Macbook, all for $2000+ and then pay a bunch of subscriptions just to get basic online functionality, when I can get one system, price-tailored to my needs, that basically does it all, for around half the cost, with no silly fees, definitive, unlocked editions of console "exclusives", entire genres totally absent from console and real competition on game and upgrade prices...

Why?

Most of us do need to think about money, especially now. If you can't afford a high-end gaming rig, have no use for a computer and want to play a limited selection of games, absolutely, consoles are there for you. With Game Pass, it's within anyone's price range to immediately snap up a huge library too - especially on PC. But for me, I need a computer and don't want to be wasting money on Mac Tax. Every way I look at it, gaming on PC is my best-suited and most affordable option.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I have a PC that's about as powerful as 360 for video/photo editing. I haven't played a game on it since I reinstalled Unreal Tournament 2004 on it last year.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Then I would say congrats on buying two crappy computers and a tablet for the price of one really good computer. Sure they share mostly the same libraries; sure they miss out on a ton of games; sure they can't do anything productive, but a console warrior has no use for productivity!

I think you should totally do this. It would be right on your level.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#13 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

To be fair, windows 10 is a malware OS. At least some people act on principle and not actually use it, myself uses LTSC and when that ceases to work is the day I no longer play on PC.

LAtech84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14 LAtech84
Member since 2017 • 643 Posts

@Telekill said:

I have a PC that's about as powerful as 360 for video/photo editing. I haven't played a game on it since I reinstalled Unreal Tournament 2004 on it last year.

It Sounds like PC gaming just isn't your thing and there is nothing wrong with that. I think people should play on whatever platform they want and people should not give people hassle about it. I have a console Xbox 360 and have not played it in about 2 years, I got it because I wanted to try console and see if I liked it and I ended up not being that into it and went back to PC gaming only, but I understand why people can prefer console, just like I prefer PC. I wish people would just let people enjoy their platform of choice and stop trying to tell others what they should game on and without insulting other platforms.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

RTS and MOBAs are two of my least favorite genres.. probably the main reason I never splashed for a high end gaming rig. I do love MMOs and is one of the largest reasons I have constantly considered it... Problem is, I'm not a big fan of m/kb (yes I know you can use a controller) which is why I mainly play on consoles. Then again, more and more people are either using m/kb natively on console or cheating using devices like Sim Apex (those kind of cheat devices on console are getting hugely out of hand).

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rzxv04

@WitIsWisdom said:

RTS and MOBAs are two of my least favorite genres.. probably the main reason I never splashed for a high end gaming rig. I do love MMOs and is one of the largest reasons I have constantly considered it... Problem is, I'm not a big fan of m/kb (yes I know you can use a controller) which is why I mainly play on consoles. Then again, more and more people are either using m/kb natively on console or cheating using devices like Sim Apex (those kind of cheat devices on console are getting hugely out of hand).

Not sure if Fake news there are apparently other usb devices that can be used to load cheats for games like Apex on consoles.

Probably gonna get worse as a ton of younger people are getting into programming.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

if you dont care about graphics/framerate, using a mouse or any other usb controller, getting better discounts on games. oh and emulation of gamecube/wii/ps1/ps2 games

then not much really. i dont really care for mmos/mobas

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#18 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17805 Posts

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

PC for best multiplats and literally everything Xbox Series X has including Game Pass, PS5 for exclusives and you're done. Throw in a Switch if that's your thing, they're not expensive.

So add the cost of a tablet and paying to play online (lolz at that) to the Series X and you've got yourself a good PC that you can upgrade whenever you feel the need instead of being stuck with a console that will never, ever manage 4K 60fps in AAA games. Look at the state of Halo Infinite for a glimpse of the future on the MS console if you want 4K 60fps.

It doesn't really make sense to buy both PS5 and Series X anyway. Multiplats will only look marginally better on Series X, if at all and the less said about MS 'exclusives' line-up the better.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

@rzxv04 said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

Not sure if Fake news there are apparently other usb devices that can be used to load cheats for games like Apex on consoles.

Probably gonna get worse as a ton of younger people are getting into programming.

Oh there are... so many people cheating on online games it's out of control. Turbo controllers (and other modded controllers with things like drop shot, auto stability, auto hold breath, etc), FPS packs, USB dongles with cheat abilities, Sim Apex (and others that trick the console into thinking it's a controller), macros, and others as well.

It really cuts down on the competitive nature of games and chases a lot of legit players away, I really hope that SONY and MS really crack down on cheating next gen.

Just program the games with report features and implement taking video through the share button to attach to the report for the proof. That way no one gets banned just because someone gets butthurt they got smacked and the cheaters will think twice before playing online knowing the features are built in at the hardware level.

All the free to play games has made it really bad. A simple user name ban isn't enough. They need to ban at the IP level or console id after a first offense which bans a user name. Also, I'm sure there is a way SONY and MS could detect if a device changing or altering the signal is being used. If a device needs a dongle to work it should be banned these days.. I mean m/kb is native most of the time anyways.

I have no problem with people using m/kb natively since most games these days separate the two and put them in separate lobbies. That's the best of worlds for both sides since we can all still enjoy crossplay.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

Because consoles aren't top of the line tech and I want consistent 60+ and even 144+ FPS? Is that even bad? In a year's time, the new consoles will get outdated quick anyway.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By rzxv04

@WitIsWisdom said:
@rzxv04 said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

Oh there are... so many people cheating on online games it's out of control. Turbo controllers (and other modded controllers with things like drop shot, auto stability, auto hold breath, etc), FPS packs, USB dongles with cheat abilities, Sim Apex (and others that trick the console into thinking it's a controller), macros, and others as well.

It really cuts down on the competitive nature of games and chases a lot of legit players away, I really hope that SONY and MS really crack down on cheating next gen.

Just program the games with report features and implement taking video through the share button to attach to the report for the proof. That way no one gets banned just because someone gets butthurt they got smacked and the cheaters will think twice before playing online knowing the features are built in at the hardware level.

All the free to play games has made it really bad. A simple user name ban isn't enough. They need to ban at the IP level or console id after a first offense which bans a user name. Also, I'm sure there is a way SONY and MS could detect if a device changing or altering the signal is being used. If a device needs a dongle to work it should be banned these days.. I mean m/kb is native most of the time anyways.

I have no problem with people using m/kb natively since most games these days separate the two and put them in separate lobbies. That's the best of worlds for both sides since we can all still enjoy crossplay.

I hope they get better on their end because afaik you can edit certain cheats so they don't appear that obviously, those easily slip.

Thanks for those info. I didn't know there are way more cheats nowadays than I thought of.

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts

A graphics card cost $1300. PC gaming is a joke.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rzxv04

@me2002 said:

I think the beauty of it is that popular pc games can be fun on potato specs.

It's weird but when I think of PC gaming, it's not those ultra builds, it's the popular mps that are very competitive like mobas.

LAtech84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LAtech84
Member since 2017 • 643 Posts

@me2002 said:

Graphics cards cost all kinds of different price points, that does not make it a joke, that is like saying there is a car that costs $500,000, so a car is a joke, There are cars for many different price points. You can get great video cards for $300 and $400. I don't understand your point here, it makes no sense to me.

filthyn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 filthyn00b
Member since 2020 • 473 Posts

You could build an awesome pc for the price of all 3 of those consoles lol which is greater in power than all 3 combined lmao rofl!

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Yeah, buy what you want man.

The way I see it, gamings been a life long hobby of mine, it's a relatively cheap hobby, and I make a pretty decent income. Why not spend a little extra to enjoy the best platform?

I'd do it for the performance alone tbh. Or the expansive library alone. Having both of those, plus the graphics, the control options, the mods, etc. just make it even sweeter.

Yeah, yeah, preference, I know. But by every objective measure we have, it is the best platform, and it's not even close. I own all these consoles too. Still prefer doing 99% of my gaming on PC. 🤷‍♂️

I don't play RTS, MMOs, or MOBAs btw.

But yeah dude, if consoles do it for you, enjoy.

Doubt you're about to convert any PC gamers over with your reasoning though. Basically arguing that people should downgrade.

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2310 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag: PC has more games, cheaper games, better performing and looking games generally especially older ones, free online, mod support (this alone is huge), emulators, any controller you want, best VR options, ability to customize or upgrade, best esports scene, some of the most popular games in the world, the ability to download most things for free, earlier access to most games, better player counts in some games. Also, Xbox X and PS5 will not be top of the line in less than a year after release. Shall I continue?

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Fairmonkey

@me2002: you dont have to buy that card ya know. You know what else is a joke? 30fps and Halo Infinite's graphics

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts

@latech84: @Fairmonkey: just kidding, but not really, cause the $1300 one has similar specs to the one in XsX.

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Fairmonkey

@me2002: u could probably get a card for $500 soon that would match the Xbox especially during cyber Monday and when the new Nvidia cards drop

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@Fairmonkey: A $500 Ampere will easily outperform either console.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

And have no interest in playing RTS, MMOS or MOBAS then what do you miss out on by not buying a gaming PC?

I always see people say all you need is a PC + PS or PC + Switch or even all 3 of those. A mid-range (forget high end) PC costs roughly the same as owning all 3 consoles combined, and you miss out on Sony and Nintendo exclusives.

So if you don't need it for streaming or video/photo editing then what purpose is there to buy a gaming PC over all 3 consoles? What games are you missing out on?

Web browsing, email and work? iPhone and MacBook handle all that with a far superior OS than garbage Windows.

yawn, 0/10

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#34 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

Lol..., trying waaay too hard man.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By NathanDrakeSwag

@Fairmonkey said:

@me2002: u could probably get a card for $500 soon that would match the Xbox especially during cyber Monday and when the new Nvidia cards drop

A $500 GPU will match a $500 console? That's great!

But what about the CPU, RAM, motherboard, SSD, power supply, case, OS, keyboard, mouse and 4K UHD drive?

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 NathanDrakeSwag

@joebones5000 said:

There is zero reason to own a gaming pc these days, unless you're a framerate snob who pretends you can't play anything less than 60fps.

No one needs anything above 60fps anyway. Higher than 60 is not the way developers intend people to play their games. The only games higher fps than 60 even benefits players are competitive FPS where sweaty neckbeards hunched over a desk are hoping that playing Warzone on the lowest settings to get 200+ fps will help them see another player peak a second before they do.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@joebones5000 said:

There is zero reason to own a gaming pc these days, unless you're a framerate snob who pretends you can't play anything less than 60fps.

No one needs anything above 60fps anyway. Higher than 60 is not the way developers intend people to play their games. The only games higher fps than 60 even benefits players are competitive FPS where sweaty neckbeards hunched over a desk are hoping that playing Warzone on the lowest settings to get 200+ fps will help them see another player peak a second before they do.

LMFAO

Spoken like a true peasant.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#39 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34600 Posts

Why eat a cake when you can eat toenails?

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 NathanDrakeSwag

@Litchie said:

Hermits eat cake, toenails and everything else!

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#41 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34600 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@Litchie said:

Hermits eat cake, toenails and everything else!

Sick burn.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

youre arguing for people to go from a 30 ounce steak dinner to a happy meal.

its not going to happen lol

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 NathanDrakeSwag

@KBFloYd said:

youre arguing for people to go from a 30 ounce steak dinner to a happy meal.

its not going to happen lol

The happy meal can easily be removed from the equation and we can just focus on PS5 and XSX.

Wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Wizard
Member since 2015 • 940 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag: now you're comparing a wagyu steak too a Big Mac.

Sure I'll eat the Big Mac, it's cheap. Ain't no waguy steak though.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@joebones5000 said:

The problem with your comment is that you clearly aren't accepting that the PS5 and XSX have games coming out at 30FPS.

So while yes above 60FPS is hit or miss with people... 30FPS is not. Which is why consoles will never be my default.

No matter how much power you get or how many generations you go through developers will chose Resolution/Settings over 60FPS unless its a sports game or FPS(sometimes).

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Fairmonkey

@NathanDrakeSwag: PC is whatever price u want to be. U don't need 4k drive either. The GPU and CPU can cost a few hundred each, everything else is cheap. I don't mind paying slightly more if I have to for a vastly superior experience but I can pay less if I have to. The ps5 and XsX will be outdated within a year, PC is just better. Deal with it

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Fairmonkey

@NathanDrakeSwag: lol enjoy 30fps on ur super powerful corporate box