If you are into MP games, it's great to have Bone right now

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

Disclaimer: this topic is not for ownage, it's for healthy discussion.

I am perfectly aware that neither Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare nor Titanfall are actually proper exclusives but you can't deny that if you wanted some proper quality multiplayer time (especially on consoles as PC has always had an obvious advantage in community) Xbox One is a very good place to start at the moment. Not "best" as this gen is very early on, still, so it's silly to claim some undisputable superiority, JUST "very good".

Couple this with Forza 5 which as a series has tremendously strong backbone in its community, Killer Instinct and co-op aspect of Dead Rising 3, and if you want to have fun with friends so early in the gen, why would you be bashed for choosing Xbox One?

Just accept it - you can have fun on it with friends. Since when is this a bad thing?

Don't get me wrong, the most popular "proper" multiplats are Battlefield 4 and Ghosts, and you can still have plenty of fun on PS4 in the multiplayer department as well, since you also have Shadow Fall. And if you are single-player oriented, there's Infamous: Second Son just around the corner, which I myself praised.

However, what this says to me is that these companies, Microsoft and Sony clearly have different priorities in mind.

Microsoft heavily pushes multiplayer / co-op component while Sony so far relies on single-player experiences mostly.

For example - both open world-games: Dead Rising 3 and Infamous: Second Son. The first one has co-op, the second one doesn't have one.

Of course that is not to say the one is inherently better than the other because MP-focus is sometimes bad as well as some indie games got canned by MS because they weren't community-oriented.

This is however somewhat good for gamers who are yet to pick the console of choice, because it shapes each platform's identity so the gamers can opt for given type of experience.

Anyway, what do you think?

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

you say it's too early to tell, but title says Bone has it. i'm confused. sure, it does have Titanfall if you like bro-shooters.

anyway, if would own either console, i'd be just playing BF4 atm.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

lol online. You're p much right though. If you're MLG, you're getting a Bone.

I started on single player experiences and that's how I'll end. Mingleplayer/persistent online worlds (outside of MMOs) can DIAF.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Salt_The_Fries

@GrenadeLauncher said:

I started on single player experiences and that's how I'll end. Mingleplayer/persistent online worlds (outside of MMOs) can DIAF.

I am a single-player oriented player as well - however I enjoy co-op in some games tremendously (for example: Splinter Cell Blacklist or Syndicate), as well as regular multiplayer in games like Halo. I don't have any interest in MMOs. I don't even have a Bone anyway, because I'm obviously a dirty peasant from Tier 3 country to Microsoft, so I can't be a MLG.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

Or an old ass computer with a $150 graphics card....zing

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Salt_The_Fries

@kinectthedots said:

Like I already said in the OP - computers have had obvious advantage in this respect, but not everyone opts to use them. I, for one, don't use them to play anything but indie games or legacy games.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries: topic is not for ownage yet you post it in system wars.....Riiiiiiiight ;-)

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@kinectthedots said:

Like I already said in the OP - computers have had obvious advantage in this respect, but not everyone opts to use them. I, for one, don't use them to play anything but indie games or legacy games.

That's fine and dandy, you can enjoy and play what ever you like on whatever platform you like, however...Look at your thread title lol.

You are talking about titanfall as if you need a $500 system in order to enjoy this game when all you need is a fraction of that investment an old computer to play it better than what you could on the system you are hyping the game for, pretty simple.

:) now you continue on with your $500 system pushing thread for a multiplat game played cheaper on another platform

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

I am a single-player oriented player as well - however I enjoy co-op in some games tremendously (for example: Splinter Cell Blacklist or Syndicate), as well as regular multiplayer in games like Halo. I don't have any interest in MMOs. I don't even have a Bone anyway, because I'm obviously a dirty peasant from Tier 3 country to Microsoft, so I can't be a MLG.

I'm a bit ambivalent on co-op. With some games it worked (RE5, especially Chris/Jill DLC), some games it didn't (DS3). Funnily enough, straight-up MP modes had more of my attention but even then it was still a minority - of about 120-ish games I've played last gen I got into the multiplayers of 5 of them.