If we are all such expert gamers...

• 60 results
#1 Posted by Sevenizz (3846 posts) -

...then why do we pick such horrible platforms to game on?

Xbox

- lacks exclusives

- XBL required to play FTP games

- lacks niche Japanese titles

- barely reaches 1080p on older consoles

Playstation

- lacks quality racing and FPS exclusives (2 of gaming’s biggest genres)

- online multiplayer exclusives

- specializes in movie games and jrpgs

- poor customer service

Nintendo

- lacks 3rd party support and when it is supported, the lowest quality port

- laughable paid online service

- you have to purchase separately a decent controller

- who cares about portability when battery life is poor?

PC

- basement dwelling gaming

- upgrading, driver updates, generally obsolete the day of purchase

- $$$

- questionable exclusives

Mobile

- Lol?

The only winners here are those who buy multiple consoles - but that costs extra money, take up more space, and multiple subscriptions which add up financially.

#2 Edited by madrocketeer (6591 posts) -

The only winners here are people who don't whine about stuff and are having fun.

Avatar image for superfluousreal
#3 Posted by SuperfluousReal (361 posts) -

A bored person created a boring thread, the end.

#4 Posted by Subspecies (510 posts) -

Well, I'm having a ton of fun with my PS4/PSVR, and have been all gen long. Guess some people are upset with their purchasing choice.

**shrugs**

#5 Edited by BoxRekt (1424 posts) -
@Sevenizz said:

Playstation

- poor customer service

I'm sorry if you're going to try to make a negative for a system, let it not be hidden in the stupidity of your fanboyism.

The bold. You're actually trying to criticize critically acclaimed AAA blockbusters that are some of the best games that have come out this generation.

If you want people to take you seriously, ditch your moronic fanboyism and actually stick to "negatives" about the system cause you're failing on that one bud.

And you're somehow trying to suggest that having JRPGs is a negative? My Gawd, Try again

#6 Edited by Sevenizz (3846 posts) -

@boxrekt: Where did I show fanboyism? Where?!?

You did tho...

Wait, I just realized who replied. Have a mediocre day.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#7 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4647 posts) -

Between PC and PS4 I'm good. I don't really have any issues right now. Maybe not paying for PS+ would be nice, but that ship has sailed.

#8 Posted by Shewgenja (21456 posts) -

Glorious PC, PS4, Switch, and VR gaming master race checking in.

#9 Edited by Calvincfb (1315 posts) -

@Sevenizz said:

Xbox

- lacks exclusives

- XBL required to play FTP games

- lacks niche Japanese titles

- barely reaches 1080p on older consoles

Playstation

- poor customer service

Nintendo

- lacks 3rd party support and when it is supported, the lowest quality port

- laughable paid online service

- you have to purchase separately a decent controller

- who cares about portability when battery life is poor?

PC

- basement dwelling gaming

- upgrading, driver updates, generally obsolete the day of purchase

- $$$

- questionable exclusives

Mobile

- Lol?

The only winners here are those who buy multiple consoles - but that costs extra money, take up more space, and multiple subscriptions which add up financially.

Because most people don't care about those things, I surely as hell don't. I just want to play my games and as long as they're fun, I don't care about fps or resolution. And FPS and racing are shitty genres anyway. I'd rather my "movie" games than those two.

And, you really think this is few games?

https://www.playstation.com/en-ca/explore/gamefinder/

#10 Posted by Fedor (4988 posts) -

Oh I like this post. Props, 7tizz.

#11 Posted by mojito1988 (3620 posts) -

Not sure what an "expert gamer" is, but if you play what you enjoy that is really all that matters.

#12 Posted by Valgaav_219 (2380 posts) -

@madrocketeer said:

The only winners here are people who don't whine about stuff and are having fun.

#13 Edited by BoxRekt (1424 posts) -
@Sevenizz said:

@boxrekt: Where did I show fanboyism? Where?!?

You did tho...

Wait, I just realized who replied. Have a mediocre day.

I simply pointed out a fact.

You're trying to criticize all Sony's titles as "movie games"? Suggesting having JRPGs is a negative?

You realize that those are only arguments rabid fanboys use to downplay the type games they don't have on their preferred system have right? Ala Xbox!?

It's not my fault you're a delusional xbox fanboy who can't separate your irrational bias from actual constructive criticism. You can't make a rational discussion about all systems because of your fanboy hangups.

So, you're saying Sony producing these games:

Is a negative? LMFAO GTFOH you salty clown!

You're the only one who made a poor choice and it shows in your bitter talking points used in this thread.

BTW: PS4 specializing in AAA single player narrative driven blockbuster level games (movie games to you) , that the entire industry praise, and JRPGs (on top of other high quality Japanese games) is the many reason people have chosen it overwhelmingly over your beloved xbox that you're also obviously not satisfied with, tsk tsk.

LMAO, this is a stealth Xbox one buyers remorse thread that you're trying to project on to users who DIDN'T choose xbox as their primary gaming outlet. Now you're desperately trying to tell other people they made the wrong choice when it's YOU who's not happy with your xbox.

#14 Posted by Ant_17 (12470 posts) -

Cause men enjoy in haste and hate in leasure.

#15 Edited by Sevenizz (3846 posts) -

@boxrekt: Calls me a delusional fanboy, and replies with that diatribe...

Fitting.

#16 Posted by BoxRekt (1424 posts) -
@Sevenizz said:

@boxrekt: Calls me a delusional fanboy, and replies with that diatribe...

Fitting.

And your dismissive reply doesn't help your original argument be any less idiotic and fanboyish.

You might have had a decent thread if you didn't let your fanboyism leak into your talking points for systems you're known to hate on with childish fanboy arguments.

#17 Posted by onesiphorus (2883 posts) -

Actually, we are not and are just pretending to claim to be "expert" gamers.

#18 Posted by XVision84 (16055 posts) -

Seems like just nitpicking to me. I'm enjoying all my gaming platforms.

#19 Posted by ButDuuude (1315 posts) -

@Sevenizz: That why we should all buy Ouya instead.

#20 Posted by Ant_17 (12470 posts) -

@ButDuuude said:

@Sevenizz: That why we should all buy Ouya instead.

Sorry for being an expert that whines, but Ouya services are dead.

#21 Posted by JoshRMeyer (10429 posts) -

@Sevenizz: Negative for Xbox is it lacks Japanese games, negative for PS4 is it has Japanese games... Which one is it? Lol

#22 Posted by ButDuuude (1315 posts) -

@Ant_17: NOOOOO!

#23 Posted by warmblur (2385 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Between PC and PS4 I'm good. I don't really have any issues right now. Maybe not paying for PS+ would be nice, but that ship has sailed.

Same for me, I don't pay for PS+ modern MP games don't appeal to me but I always can play online for free on PC if I wanted to.

#24 Posted by dxmcat (2635 posts) -
@superfluousreal said:

A bored person created a boring thread, the end.

#systemwars

#25 Posted by ButDuuude (1315 posts) -

@warmblur: Free-to-play games don’t require PS+.

#26 Posted by Archangel3371 (27985 posts) -

Because there is no perfect pasta sauce, only perfect pasta sauces.

#27 Posted by Son-Goku7523 (955 posts) -

@Sevenizz said:

Playstation

- poor customer service

In what world is games like GOW, HZD, Spiderman, UC4, Bloodborne, TLOU2, etc. a negative?

Butthurt lemming detected, GTFO!

All those platforms are good with the exception of Xbox, it lacks quality exclusive games and that's why it's the worst platform to game this gen and is getting destroyed by its competition.

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Same. Between those two platforms I have more quality games than I've ever had. I could stop buying games right now and I'll have tons of quality games to still play for years, my backlog is huge.

#28 Posted by DrLostRib (4904 posts) -

System Wars and Experts? I think not

Also, is racing really considered one of gaming's biggest genres at the moment?

#29 Edited by Ant_17 (12470 posts) -

@drlostrib said:

Is Fortnite a racing game now?

#30 Edited by xhawk27 (11290 posts) -

I don't know how people can say that Xbox doesn't have variety of games. Most of PS4 games this gen has been third person action/adventure Movie games.

#31 Posted by DrLostRib (4904 posts) -

@Ant_17 said:
@drlostrib said:

Is Fortnite a racing game now?

well now that you've said it I'm sure they'll blow up tilted dusty divot towers to make a go kart track

#32 Posted by sleepnsurf (3186 posts) -

Expert gamers lol, more like expert losers.

#33 Posted by uninspiredcup (33446 posts) -

A truth that's told with bad intent, beats all the lies you can invent.

#34 Posted by with_teeth26 (9519 posts) -

"basement dwelling gaming" really struggling to find the downsides for PC lol

all gaming is best in the basement. you don't have to worry about pesky sunlight coming in and making it hard to see the screen.

(I personally do my pc gaming on the 12th floor of a annoyingly sunny condo)

#35 Posted by npiet1 (2258 posts) -

I've got them all, no issues but I don't buy subs for them all. I get gp when its on sale and if I havn't played for a while, just paid $1 for 3 months. Psnow isn't worth it IMO, Then if I do want to play online, I'll only pay for what console I'm using for that month, usually ps4. Another console doesn't equal another sub.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
#36 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (13628 posts) -

Have no probleme with my xbox one x or switch, thanks.

#37 Edited by WitIsWisdom (5237 posts) -

What other options are there you are hiding from us? Stadia? whatever Apple is working on? The new Atari? Perhaps the new Colico... or maybe even the Ouya still?

I will likely own them all at some point... but my point is this. We can only play what we are given... it's as simple as that.

#38 Posted by Kadin_Kai (445 posts) -

What you are talking about really is, “greed”. We want it all and it has to be cheap.

I am also guilty of this, we all are.

#39 Edited by Gaara93 (9 posts) -

A true gamer doesn’t complain about having multiple HIGH TECH gaming platforms with a multitude of games to play they just have fun playing games they love and that’s a fact.

I’ve been playing games since I was 3 or 4 years old. My family owned Atari, original Nintendo, N64, PS2, Xbox, GameCube, and even an old compaq PC which later was replaced by a Dell with XP many years later - Starcraft, Warcraft, C&C, Explosive Worms, Doom and other older PC games. (Everything after these items I got myself - see below)

A lot of these systems were expensive including all the games I had, trust me my parents would remind me how much they spent on my systems so I would take care of them as well as seeing for myself when I bought my own systems but that is never gonna change but the Technology has changed enormously. These systems weren’t portable, limited graphics, very glitchy without updates to fix them and none to VERY VERY little online support depending on the system which I would say only PC and maybe Xbox or PS2? Of course PS3 and 360 were much better.

We have amazing technology, graphics, and online support with many many other features we didn’t have back in those days, I’d say we’re even a bit spoiled! A lot of times multiplayer is = split screen with your best friend in the neighborhood lol. You think support for current gaming systems are bad back then for those systems it was much much worst!

These days I have a PS2, PS3, Nintendo Switch, and a gaming PC I custom built myself. I used to have PS4 but I never played it much so I sold it and I’m waiting for next gen now. I custom built my PC and it’s not too expensive you can make a budget build and then add on hardware as time goes by, that’s what I did. I’ll probably get “PS5 or next gen” because I like the hardware specs similar to mid PC specs and also the new games like LOU2 and new GOW coming out. I believe steam has a pretty good community and variety of many games that are fun. My most recent steam purchase was Resident Evil 2 / Biohazard 2 and I loved it! I have a lot of the tomb raider games, borderlands games, GTA V, left 4 dead games, some indie games, call of duty/battlefield games and a lot of other games you should try using PCPartPicker to simulate a budget build if you have any interest in PC gaming.. As well, I play smash bros, Mario Kart, and Legend of Zelda on switch. I just carry a power bank with me when I take my switch around.

Shoot if I could find something that mobile with all my favorite Nintendo games on it growing up I would of loved it but we never did back then. I think you’re just ignorant about how messy gaming was 15-20 years ago. We’ve got it great, these are the golden years of high tech systems and it’s gonna keep evolving!

#40 Posted by madrocketeer (6591 posts) -
@gaara93 said:

A true gamer doesn’t complain about having multiple HIGH TECH gaming platforms with a multitude of games to play they just have fun playing games they love and that’s a fact. I’ve been playing games since I was 3 or 4 years old. My family owned Atari, original Nintendo, N64, PS2, Xbox, GameCube, and even an old compaq PC which later was replaced by a Dell with XP many years later - Starcraft, Warcraft, C&C, Explosive Worms, Doom and other older PC games. (Everything after these items I got myself - see below) A lot of these systems were expensive including all the games I had, trust me my parents would remind me how much they spent on my systems so I would take care of them as well as seeing for myself when I bought my own systems but that is never gonna change but the Technology has changed enormously. These systems weren’t portable, limited graphics, very glitchy without updates to fix them and none to VERY VERY little online support depending on the system which I would say only PC and maybe Xbox or PS2? Of course PS3 and 360 were much better. We have amazing technology, graphics, and online support with many many other features we didn’t have back in those days, I’d say we’re even a bit spoiled! A lot of times multiplayer is = split screen with your best friend in the neighborhood lol. You think support for current gaming systems are bad back then for those systems it was much much worst! These days I have a PS2, PS3, Nintendo Switch, and a gaming PC I custom built myself. I used to have PS4 but I never played it much so I sold it and I’m waiting for next gen now. I custom built my PC and it’s not too expensive you can make a budget build and then add on hardware as time goes by, that’s what I did. I’ll probably get “PS5 or next gen” because I like the hardware specs similar to mid PC specs and also the new games like LOU2 and new GOW coming out. I believe steam has a pretty good community and variety of many games that are fun. My most recent steam purchase was Resident Evil 2 / Biohazard 2 and I loved it! I have a lot of the tomb raider games, borderlands games, GTA V, left 4 dead games, some indie games, call of duty/battlefield games and a lot of other games you should try using PCPartPicker to simulate a budget build if you have any interest in PC gaming.. As well, I play smash bros, Mario Kart, and Legend of Zelda on switch. I just carry a power bank with me when I take my switch around. Shoot if I could find something that mobile with all my favorite Nintendo games on it growing up I would of loved it but we never did back then. I think you’re just ignorant about how messy gaming was 15-20 years ago. We’ve got it great, these are the golden years of high tech systems and it’s gonna keep evolving!

Mate. Paragraphs.

#42 Posted by madrocketeer (6591 posts) -
@gaara93 said:

@madrocketeer:

Are you a mod or just a random user complaining? Not sure why you bother if you’re just a normal joe and if you’re a mod there is private messaging. Nevertheless I changed it.

Not a mod, just another forum-goer, asking for a small consideration. Like the use of the Enter key.

#44 Posted by madrocketeer (6591 posts) -
@gaara93 said:

@madrocketeer:

Too bad my iPhone only has a “return” button lol 😂. Sorry, I couldn’t help myself. Hopefully the summarized version is sufficient though. You can delete you’re other comment now since it was changed that way it’s not taking so much space itself lol.

You know the internet doesn't work that way...

#45 Edited by Gaara93 (9 posts) -

@madrocketeer:

In what way is that exactly, mate?

#46 Posted by madrocketeer (6591 posts) -
@gaara93 said:

@madrocketeer:

In what way is that exactly, mate?

"What goes on the internet stays on the internet."

Let this be a monument to your error to haunt you... ...forever! Muahahahaha!!!

#47 Edited by Gaara93 (9 posts) -

@madrocketeer:

Really, that doesn’t bother me. Only reason I changed it was cause I thought you were a mod letting me know to shorten it. Since that’s not the case I changed it back 🙂. Doesn’t bother me that I write paragraphs I have a lot of memories when it comes to gaming!

#48 Posted by madrocketeer (6591 posts) -
@gaara93 said:

@madrocketeer:

Really, that doesn’t bother me. Only reason I changed it was cause I thought you were a mod letting me know to shorten it. Since that’s not the case I changed it back 🙂. Doesn’t bother me that I write paragraphs I have a lot of memories when it comes to gaming!

Accepting of your fate? Good.

#49 Posted by Gaara93 (9 posts) -

@madrocketeer:

If it was something that was a concern in that matter then I would agree with you but my concern was more for “Am I following the rules?” situation, lol. On another note you should add some content to the topic, give this person some insight on modern vs old gaming.

#50 Edited by madrocketeer (6591 posts) -
@gaara93 said:

@madrocketeer:

If it was something that was a concern in that matter then I would agree with you but my concern was more for “Am I following the rules?” situation, lol. On another note you should add some content to the topic, give this person some insight on modern vs old gaming.

You sure? I still play Unreal Tournament 2004 and Total Annihilation from time to time. I'm bound to use someone's teeth to sharpen my closet full of axes.

In fact, here's one I got on hand with "microtransactions in full-priced games" engraved on it. Hmm. This one's going need a lot of grinding.