If the PS5 digital is $399, is it 'game over' for Xbox?

• 80 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll If the PS5 digital is $399, is it 'game over' for Xbox? (78 votes)

Yep, $399 digital is too good of a price. 45%
Nah, Xbox still has a chance. 55%

Lol, you see what I did there, SW? I said 'game over'. Get it? I can be clever sometimes what can I say. But back to the question..

I think $399 would be a killer price if Sony decides to go that route with the digital. I think there are a lot of people that would buy it. As for me, I prefer physical because I still like to own physical copies for many games. What do you think, SW? If the PS5 digital is $399, is it 'game over' for Xbox?

• 
sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#1 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 9409 Posts

What if its $299? Make it happens sony lets go.

briguyb13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By briguyb13
Member since 2007 • 4885 Posts

Sony takes away all your digital games if you get banned from PSN. If you have a disc they can't take that away from you.

Protect yourself from Sony's anti-consumer practices, because this could happen to you.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/11/psn_account_banned_over_cultural_mistake_reinstated_by_sony

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 10283 Posts

Even if it were $699, it'd still be game over for the Xbox.

gtx021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By gtx021
Member since 2013 • 387 Posts

poll issued on IGN about NVIDIA steals xbox ,ps then 51% still choose over consoles was really creditable.

pc gaming is still tiny % population around the entire world

https://www.ign.com/articles/comparing-nvidias-impressive-new-gpus-to-ps5-and-xbox-series-x

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 27758 Posts

@sakaixx said:

That would be nuts, but I doubt that would happen, considering the specs lol.

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By me2002
Member since 2002 • 2459 Posts

"Game over" haha I get it, because we're talking about "gaming" consoles and it also means that the xbox would be in a hopeless situation. That is a very clever pun.

Back to the question PS5 will be $499/$399 no doubt.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 1338 Posts

@me2002 said:

"Game over" haha I get it, because we're talking about "gaming" consoles and it also means that the xbox would be in a hopeless situation. That is a very clever pun.

I can't see a $100 difference in price between the two considering the only difference is the lack of an optical drive

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 commander
Member since 2010 • 15966 Posts

idiot confirmed

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 18687 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: Nah you cows won't buy it because you wont be able to do this lol.

Loading Video...

TCHBO

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 1829 Posts

The ps5 digital has to be £249 like the serious S to stand a chance with the Majority...you see joe bloggs one of the 100 million PS4 owners,gaming at 1080p,who don’t care about exclusives or aren’t emotionally attached to Sony and want in will see CHEAP NEXT GEN

Not that any of that shit matters....sales are for sad acts...buy both and win

HaH

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 44055 Posts

I'd buy that in a heartbeat if that was true. I don't care for physical games anymore and I went digital for PS4 and I was gonna go digital again with Sony on PS5.

@briguyb13 said:

Sony takes away all your digital games if you get banned from PSN. If you have a disc they can't take that away from you.

Protect yourself from Sony's anti-consumer practices, because this could happen to you.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/11/psn_account_banned_over_cultural_mistake_reinstated_by_sony

Use common sense and you won't have to worry about being banned and that really goes for anything that you do on a gaming net. I'm just here for the games, so I'm sure I got nothing to worry about.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 14098 Posts

@gtx021: that's not what that poll shows.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
GoldenElementXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GoldenElementXL
Member since 2016 • 4821 Posts

I don’t understand why Sony even participated in this game of chicken. It doesn’t matter what the PS5 costs, it will sell well and outsell the Xbox consoles. There’s no need to undercut or even price match the competition.

Cost was more important for Xbox. I think they are offering a very tempting product with the S. It’s so tempting that I wonder if it’s going to hurt their Series X sales. If 4K is the selling point for the $499 box, I’m not sure how many casual consumers are gonna bite. Especially when the majority of people that watch 4K content are streaming it. That crap looks worse than 1080p Blu-ray with crappy audio compression. These are the folks you’re targeting your enthusiast box at Microsoft...

LAtech84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LAtech84
Member since 2017 • 338 Posts

@gtx021: This thread has nothing to do with NVIDIA GPUs. Why bring it up?

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 44055 Posts

@xantufrog said:

@gtx021: that's not what that poll shows.

Not to mention, its IGN poll lol.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 27758 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

@SolidGame_basic: Nah you cows won't buy it because you wont be able to do this lol.

Loading Video...

TCHBO

Lol, I loved that video. I noticed Sony isn't as confident with the PS5 as they were with the PS4 launch. But Xbox has done a better job at not shooting themselves in the foot lol.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 36944 Posts

:P

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33114 Posts

@briguyb13 said:

This post is lol worthy in so many levels.

1-Lets start for the most obvious one,what does this has to do with the PS5 and its digital version probably been $400?

2-It was a mistake sony fixed and it was because sony thought some one was using the word kike as a racist insult to Jewish people,when in reality the word kike is a Spanish short name for Enrique.

3-Digital games are not YOURS,i have been saying this for a long time digital games have a different DRM to physical ones,companies have play nice until now doesn't mean they will for ever.

4-You agree to any bullshit MS and sony come on with on those platforms when you hit agree on their policies,you need a damn lawyer to make out 99% of what is written and how it is written in those policies.

It has always been my main dislike of digital only games,i didn't like one bit the PSP Go for that reason.

@gtx021 said:

poll issued on IGN about NVIDIA steals xbox ,ps then 51% still choose over consoles was really creditable.

pc gaming is still tiny % population around the entire world

https://www.ign.com/articles/comparing-nvidias-impressive-new-gpus-to-ps5-and-xbox-series-x

Actually is 70% if you take into account that the second biggest option also claim they would get a GPU but also a console so 70% of that survey will get a consol.

@regnaston said:
@me2002 said:

I can't see a $100 difference in price between the two considering the only difference is the lack of an optical drive

That is an optical Ultra HD BR drive those are more expensive than normal blu-ray drives.

@bluestars said:

The ps5 digital has to be £249 like the serious S to stand a chance with the Majority...you see joe bloggs one of the 100 million PS4 owners,gaming at 1080p,who don’t care about exclusives or aren’t emotionally attached to Sony and want in will see CHEAP NEXT GEN

Not that any of that shit matters....sales are for sad acts...buy both and win

HaH

Dude how in the fu** the PS5 digital need to be exactly as cheap as the xbox series S when it has a 10TF GPU that more than double the Series S GPU?

The gap between the Series X and PS5 in power is like 21% give or take the power difference between the Series S and PS5 digital is 150%.

jcafcwbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jcafcwbb
Member since 2015 • 224 Posts

Nothing Microsoft does or will do will make me buy their console. I think the problem is there are lot of satisfied PS4 owners who feel the same way.

Microsoft still do not understand that it is the games that sell the console. They are trying everything from specs and now they are trying with the price. It will not work if they do not have big games that can only be played on the Xbox Series systems.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Bluestars

@tormentos:

Again I’m talking about joe bloggs who doesn’t know a tflop from a f#%king flip flop and thinks an SSD Is a sex disease hah

This may come as a shock to you but not all PS4 gamers wear PS pyjamas and kiss their console goodnight...shit a 100 million don’t even buy exclusives ....is it next gen..is it cheap...can it play COD,fifa and fortnite?

Then it’s a seller...it will out sell the serious x imo

jcafcwbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jcafcwbb

@bluestars: I think you are discounting some of the big games that are not on the Xbox.

God of War, Uncharted, FF7 Remake, Horizon, Persona, FF16. All these are slated for the PS5 and not the Xbox. The Xbox games not on the Playstation are not on the same level as these.

I think we may well see God of War and FF16 revealed in the forthcoming Sony State of Play.

The real casuals only interested in playing FIFA will not be that bothered by the day one purchase if they can play the new iteration on their existing consoles.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 10481 Posts

Game over? Absolutely not.

Imo, the PS5 DE *needs* to be $399. Otherwise, Sony needs to reposition the PS4 ASAP. (Ex. PS4 -> $199)

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#23  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 43652 Posts

@jcafcwbb: How can you say they don't understand that games move consoles while ignoring that they have acquired so many game studios and made access to more games easier than ever with Gamepass? You can argue that their games are not compelling.

With that said, PS5 Digital has to be $399 at the highest. There is no way they can price it more.

jcafcwbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jcafcwbb

@Pedro: How many Xbox Series games are not available on the Xbox One?

This is a bigger question. If someone has bought an Xbox One in the last couple of years what is the reason for them to now buy the newest console? Will they really pay an extra £300 for prettier graphics?

Alongside now real big Franchises bar the diminishing returns of the big three what games do you need a Xbox Series to play?

Already with the PS5 you have Miles Morales and Ratchet and Clank?

I know with Gamepass Microsoft are on their latest attempt to kill the second hand market but I do not understand the thinking behind apparently having games available on the Xbox One.

I agree that Xbox exclusives not being that compelling.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 3165 Posts

@sakaixx said:

i will laugh so hard if that happens.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Bluestars

@jcafcwbb:

I have already mentioned joe bloggs who is one of the 100 million who doesn’t buy exclusives

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 35320 Posts
@i_p_daily said:

Loading Video...

TCHBO

If you lend someone your copy of Killzone: Shadow Fall it's probably because you really hate that person.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#28 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14170 Posts

It is already dire for Xbox. Price alone nearly destroyed them with the Xbone and there is a very sound reason for Sony to price the all-digital unit at $399, which - were I them - I’d absolutely do, assuming I’m not losing $80+ per unit. But any price advantage is worth having, even if it comes to some awkward number like $439.99.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 32327 Posts

No, I really don’t think so. $299 is quite a tempting price point to the general consumer. In fact I can totally see quite a few people owning both the PS5 discless and an Xbox Series S this gen especially when prices for both systems start getting discounts.

jcafcwbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jcafcwbb

@bluestars: What will make him buy a new console if he can play COD of FIFA 21 on his Xbox One?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Pedro

@jcafcwbb said:

@Pedro: How many Xbox Series games are not available on the Xbox One?

This is a bigger question. If someone has bought an Xbox One in the last couple of years what is the reason for them to now buy the newest console? Will they really pay an extra £300 for prettier graphics?

Alongside now real big Franchises bar the diminishing returns of the big three what games do you need a Xbox Series to play?

Already with the PS5 you have Miles Morales and Ratchet and Clank?

I know with Gamepass Microsoft are on their latest attempt to kill the second hand market but I do not understand the thinking behind apparently having games available on the Xbox One.

I agree that Xbox exclusives not being that compelling.

Why does that matter? If you are gaming on the Xbox One, now is a good time to upgrade. Better overall performance and quality of life with stronger hardware. Also, developers would be moving away from the older platforms. I am not sure why should be news to you or explained to you. So, yes people will pay £249 for prettier graphics.

Miles Morales is the only game confirmed at launch with the bulk of the game being the original game uprez for the stronger hardware.

I don't venture in conspiracy theories. The attempts to kill the second market is the digital version from both console manufacturer and not Gamepass. That is a silly conclusion to make.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By regnaston

@tormentos: UHD BluRay drive (also a writer)

this one is also a writer and a more reputable brand (LG) and is $70 (Canadian)

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/z2dqqs/lg-optical-drive-wh14ns40

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 sakaiXx

@jcafcwbb said:

@bluestars: What will make him buy a new console if he can play COD of FIFA 21 on his Xbox One?

COD and FIFA population is mostly on PS.

jcafcwbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jcafcwbb

@Pedro: Doesn't it depend on how recently you bought the Xbox One?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Pedro

@jcafcwbb said:

For a better gaming experience.

jcafcwbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 jcafcwbb

@sakaixx: Just responding to Bluestars who said they would upgrade only to play COD, FIFA or Fortnite.

I would just querying why someone would had bought an Xbox One in the last couple of years would shell out for a new system if they can play the games they want to play on their current system. I would be very surprised if they do. They type of people who will buy within the first year are most likely to be seasoned gamers who have some brand loyalty.

If they were that bothered by prettier graphics they would have bought the Xbox One at launch. Of course that doesn't happen in reality. The hardcore gamers will buy at launch, the medium core gamers within the first 24 months and the casuals a bit later - in the main.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By sakaiXx

@jcafcwbb: FIFA 21 lobby is separated meaning PS4/PS5 or trashbox equivalent cannot crossplay between even the same console family. You will need to upgrade soon anyway once FIFA goes to "legacy" mode meaning no new additions just a kit and player update.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 tormentos

@Pedro said:

@jcafcwbb: How can you say they don't understand that games move consoles while ignoring that they have acquired so many game studios and made access to more games easier than ever with Gamepass? You can argue that their games are not compelling.

With that said, PS5 Digital has to be $399 at the highest. There is no way they can price it more.

1-They acquire game studios that basically will have nothing ready for the next 2 to 3 years,even MS own teams which normally do yearly releases like Forza are behind.

Then come the fact that most of this games coming from some of this new studios are not well known recognize games,even Hellblade wasn't all that,it was good but not lets get a PS4 for it.

2-Gamepass about the only thing it has going for it is day one releases,outside of that it would be mostly old games,yeah old games as what mostly will be playable is xbox one,xbox 360 and xbox games.

To add insult is not like you will get the lasted BF or COD on the service any time soon after release to at least say well i get it 5 months latter on gamepass,and then there is the fact that you don't own those games,when most people like owning games.

Is not like PS Now will not be there cheaper and with actual online play included which is extra on gamepass unless you get ultimate which is more expensive.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Pedro

@tormentos said:

1-They acquire game studios that basically will have nothing ready for the next 2 to 3 years,even MS own teams which normally do yearly releases like Forza are behind.

Then come the fact that most of this games coming from some of this new studios are not well known recognize games,even Hellblade wasn't all that,it was good but not lets get a PS4 for it.

2-Gamepass about the only thing it has going for it is day one releases,outside of that it would be mostly old games,yeah old games as what mostly will be playable is xbox one,xbox 360 and xbox games.

To add insult is not like you will get the lasted BF or COD on the service any time soon after release to at least say well i get it 5 months latter on gamepass,and then there is the fact that you don't own those games,when most people like owning games.

Is not like PS Now will not be there cheaper and with actual online play included which is extra on gamepass unless you get ultimate which is more expensive.

Cool story. Now, what was your point?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tormentos

@regnaston said:

@tormentos: UHD BluRay drive (also a writer)

$33 (Canadian) .. albeit I have never heard of the name of the manufacturer but I am sure Sony and MS both have deals with reputable hardware manufacturers to get it for cheaper than we can get it for retail. This drive is also a writer which adds to the cost

https://www.amazon.ca/Aiaban-Aluminum-External-Portable-Transfer/dp/B07W8FSG2X/ref=sr_1_18?crid=3NUVCUX7J7D0O&dchild=1&keywords=uhd+bluray+drive&qid=1599571616&sprefix=UHD+blu%2Caps%2C163&sr=8-18

this one is also a writer and a more reputable brand (LG) and is $70 (Canadian)

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/z2dqqs/lg-optical-drive-wh14ns40

• External DVD CD burner writer adopt intelligent burning tech, let read/write/burn disc or interrupt recording at ease and watch DVD movies, listen music, burn music/pictures/movies to CD/DVD. External CD drive feature strong error-correction ability, with anti-shock&noise reduction tech, low power consumption, plays music/movies with no lag/distortion.
  • Embedded cable design, made with premium wire drawing material, enough fashionable and scratch-proof exterior. This CD/DVD driver is slim, lightweight, compact, portable.
  • DVD drive no need any additional software and extra power supply it is powered by one USB cable. Just Plug external CD/DVD drive into laptop USB or Type-C port, press pop-up button and put disc on tray, it will be automatically recognized and play.
  • External usb slim dvd r/w drive is a data interface properly connected to USB port of computer, the computer display will appear device icon in lower right corner.
  • DVD drive provide 100% satisfaction guaranteed. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any question or concern, we will fix your issue within 24 hours.

That is a DVD writer on your own link it is wrongly describe as Blu-ray UHD.

You are like a freaking magnet to bullshit links and false crap man really,that is a DVD player wrongly describe as Blu-ray or worse on purpose misleading to make suckers who don't read buy shitty crap.

The second link is a normal Blu-ray drive you have become very fast the King of misleading information and false crap man.

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Archgon-Premium-Aluminum-External-Apple-MacBook/dp/B07BC9F98J/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_es_US=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&dchild=1&keywords=uhd+blu-ray+drive&qid=1599573720&sr=8-1

Now this is a UHD Blu-ray drive $118 dollars and that is on the cheap side.

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/BDR-XD07UHD-Portable-External-Cyberlink-Installation/dp/B0843WJY4S/ref=sr_1_9?__mk_es_US=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&dchild=1&keywords=uhd+blu-ray+drive&qid=1599573821&sr=8-9

Here is the pioneer model $189.

@Pedro said:

Cool story. Now, what was your point?

Oh knows Pedro didn't get my point what a shock.😂😂

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By regnaston

@tormentos: I just went by the title of the product I did not read description thanks for the clarification, I will edit my post

The 2nd link for $70 CDN is a bluray writer though (about $50 USD). The big buyers are going to get drives for far less than we can find retail, I would be surprised if they cost any ore than $50 USD for the drives in either system

edit: and you can post all your links the fact is on pcpart picker you can find UHD Bluray writers starting at $70

as for the links I shared I am able to admit mistakes and do make mistakes, not all people think they are perfect like you do

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Gifford38

@regnaston said:
@me2002 said:

blu-ray drive is 50 bucks plus the other 50 is to be made up in digital sales.

you ever seen console launch at 350 or 450 or any 50? there always 399 or 499 or 599.

well sense the series s has no disc then it must be 349 instead of 299 because the blu-ray disc is only saving them 50 bucks?

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By regnaston

@gifford38 said:
@regnaston said:
@me2002 said:

you ever seen console launch at 350 or 450 or any 50? there always 399 or 499 or 599.

well sense the series s has no disc then it must be 349 instead of 299 because the blu-ray disc is only saving them 50 bucks?

you do know there are other differences between the Series S and Series X right? Of course you do, good trolling attempt I give it a 5/10 try better next time

And the word is "since" not "sense"

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#44 adsparky
Member since 2006 • 1928 Posts

I see both discless versions hard to sell at least for launch, yeah they are cheaper, but you lose the ability to play all your previous physical games with just a few new gen games available.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Gifford38

@regnaston said:
@gifford38 said:
@regnaston said:
@me2002 said:

you do know there are other differences between the Series S and Series X right? Of course you do, good trolling attempt I give it a 5/10 try better next time

And the word is "since" not "sense"

fact is there is no way a console is going to launch at 50. 350 or 450

its going to 99. 399 or 499

heck the ps3 cost 1000 to make and still had a 599 price tag. 300 dollar loss.

so i think 50 bucks loss is reasonable for sony. so they save 50 on bluray and loose 50.

plus they make it back in digital.

ps4 was so cheap to make because they needed to make the money they loss with ps 3. the ps4 was a weak system campared the jump from the ps2 to the ps3. heck the ps4 is to weak to play ps3 games.

yes it had a better gpu and cpu over the ps3 but it was still to weak to run ps3 code.

after the success of the ps4 they can take loss on hardware again.

Magnum3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#47 Magnum3000
Member since 2020 • 1365 Posts

@sakaixx said:

I'll get PS 5 day 1 if its 299 :P

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Bluestars

@jcafcwbb:

MAKE? HaH

I don’t think MS and Sony are making new hardware for gamers who don’t want to upgrade...but for the people who do and want next gen and want it cheap...Serious S

Like pulling teeth trying to explain that not all gamers are raving fannyboys hah

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#49 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 10481 Posts

@adsparky said:

I see both discless versions hard to sell at least for launch, yeah they are cheaper, but you lose the ability to play all your previous physical games with just a few new gen games available.

I do think *some* folks will opt for the least expensive console that accepts physical software but, I think most folks only really care about recent games and, the majority of software sales this year has been digital.

jcafcwbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jcafcwbb

@bluestars said:

@jcafcwbb:

MAKE? HaH

I don’t think MS and Sony are making new hardware for gamers who don’t want to upgrade...but for the people who do and want next gen and want it cheap...Serious S

Like pulling teeth trying to explain that not all gamers are raving fannyboys hah

I am not disputing that fact that some of us are looking to upgrade. I was questioning how many casual gamers would be looking to upgrade on day one if they can still play the latest versions of the games they want to play on their current console - especially if they have only recently bought this gen. This is nothing to do with being a fanboy. The same question applies to someone who recently bought a PS4 - if they are casual would they be in a hurry to upgrade to PS5?

I have no idea what HaH means so it is pointless using in a reply to me (or anyone for that matter).