If the GDDR5 set up in the ps4 is so good then why...

• 178 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

o0squishy0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 o0squishy0o
Member since 2007 • 2802 Posts

Because PC isn't a dedicated gaming machine.

It has to do a variety of tasks.

call_of_duty_10
I'd argue that games consoles are not dedicated gaming machines if you want to use the argument of the "tasks" that they perform. The consoles are more multimedia machines than just gaming. The difference between consoles are PC are purely and only the fact that PC is an open platform in terms of hardware and to some degree software. Consoles are closed platform but I would say they are pretty far from being specifically only about gaming. If you want to see a closed platform on PC check out the Macs.
pcgamingowns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 pcgamingowns
Member since 2013 • 1223 Posts

pc's dont use graphics double data rate 3 ram either so i can reverse that arguement to xdone.

They share memory on the console because there's so little of it and it needs to be flexible.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

So many posts from people who have no idea how PC architecture works, at all.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts

So many posts from people who have no idea how PC architecture works, at all.

Gargus

Yeah, too bad we're talking about consoles and not PC. :roll:

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#105 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
I doubt the 7850 on the PS4 will use anything more than 2gb's.. Especially when it is only doing 1080p and at 30fps at that for many games..
Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Wickerman777

I doubt the 7850 on the PS4 will use anything more than 2gb's.. Especially when it is only doing 1080p and at 30fps at that for many games.. sSubZerOo

It has similar power to a 7850 but because it's an APU design and because consoles are more efficient than PCs it'll perform a hell of a lot better than that. Maybe not right away but eventually it'll accomplish twice what the similarly powered 7850 in a PC can do. As far as the 8 gigs of RAM goes I expect open-world to be one of the things that defines the next generation.

Btw, it's just a rumor right now but I've heard that the upcoming AMD Radeon 8970 for PC is going to have 6 gigs of GDDR5. That's a sign of the huge amount of RAM in consoles influencing computer graphics cards already.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]I doubt the 7850 on the PS4 will use anything more than 2gb's.. Especially when it is only doing 1080p and at 30fps at that for many games.. Wickerman777

It has similar power to a 7850 but because it's an APU design and because consoles are more efficient than PCs it'll perform a hell of a lot better than that. Maybe not right away but eventually it'll accomplish twice what the similarly powered 7850 in a PC can do. As far as the 8 gigs of RAM goes I expect open-world to be one of the things that defines the next generation.

Btw, it's just a rumor right now but I've heard that the upcoming AMD Radeon 8970 for PC is going to have 6 gigs of GDDR5. That's a sign of the huge amount of RAM in consoles influencing computer graphics cards already.

The heaviest hitter with graphic ram in which you actually see a difference is with textures and resolution.. The PS4 will not be doing anything beyond 1080p.. Contrary to popular belief here, a chipset can only use so much graphic memory based upon it's bandwidth.. That is why you see the 7850 with the highest being 4gb.. And every review I have seen has shown that the 2gb and 4gb are interchangable, making it a pretty big waste of money inless your doing higher resolution or multi monitor displays....

And the 8970 is a flagship card in which the people who will be using it are the ones who are going to be gaming beyond 1080p and most likely having multi screen displays.. That is not a good comparison to a mid level card like the 7850.. Slapping a bunch of memory on a card doesn't some how make it magically better, it has to have the speed and bandwidth to actually use it.. And like I said.. There is a reason why the 7850 has a 2gb version and the said 4gb version literally has 0 performance difference with it.

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Bebi_vegeta
Member since 2003 • 13558 Posts

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]I doubt the 7850 on the PS4 will use anything more than 2gb's.. Especially when it is only doing 1080p and at 30fps at that for many games.. Wickerman777

GFX titan already has 6Gb...

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Wickerman777

[QUOTE="Wickerman777"]

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]I doubt the 7850 on the PS4 will use anything more than 2gb's.. Especially when it is only doing 1080p and at 30fps at that for many games.. sSubZerOo

The heaviest hitter with graphic ram in which you actually see a difference is with textures and resolution.. The PS4 will not be doing anything beyond 1080p.. Contrary to popular belief here, a chipset can only use so much graphic memory based upon it's bandwidth.. That is why you see the 7850 with the highest being 4gb.. And every review I have seen has shown that the 2gb and 4gb are interchangable, making it a pretty big waste of money inless your doing higher resolution or multi monitor displays....

And the 8970 is a flagship card in which the people who will be using it are the ones who are going to be gaming beyond 1080p and most likely having multi screen displays.. That is not a good comparison to a mid level card like the 7850.. Slapping a bunch of memory on a card doesn't some how make it magically better, it has to have the speed and bandwidth to actually use it.. And like I said.. There is a reason why the 7850 has a 2gb version and the said 4gb version literally has 0 performance difference with it.

I think you're ignoring the fact that game design is going to change because of the 8 gigs. Yeah, you're absolutely right when you say that graphics cards for PC don't need that much memory right now. Although they're much more powerful than PS3 and X360 they are running that generation of games but with more graphical bells and whistles. But now that consoles have 8 gigs of memory available to them everything is gonna get turned on its head. Game design is going to go in a new direction and large amounts of memory will become necessary on PC as well.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Wickerman777

[QUOTE="Wickerman777"]

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]I doubt the 7850 on the PS4 will use anything more than 2gb's.. Especially when it is only doing 1080p and at 30fps at that for many games.. Bebi_vegeta

Lol, I consider Titan irrelevant since it costs $1,000. 8970 will be half that price.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

I doubt the 7850 on the PS4 will use anything more than 2gb's.. Especially when it is only doing 1080p and at 30fps at that for many games.. sSubZerOo

Killzone PS4 already uses 4GB..

The PS4 is stronger than a 7850 and like i say in the countless debates just because PC developers can't go crazy using allot of ram doesn't mean the PS4 is bound by that same rule,PC developer are bound by legasy period most GPU out there on PC don't have more than 1.5GB of memory,so any developer who make a game to take real advantage of what a 4GB 7970 can do in memory will have problems scaling down period.

Crysis 3 doesn't reach 3GB and Killzone PS4 already use 4 GB.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 tormentos

[QUOTE="Wickerman777"]

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]I doubt the 7850 on the PS4 will use anything more than 2gb's.. Especially when it is only doing 1080p and at 30fps at that for many games.. sSubZerOo

By this line ^^^ the xbox 360 should have only use 2 core of its CPU,and the PS3 the PPE and 1 SPE,because if PC doesn't do it the consoles can't either..

Killzone PS4 use 4Gb and is a launch game,unfinish that is already more than Crysis 3.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
Member since 2013 • 2504 Posts

GDDR5 have high CAS latency, which is bad for the CPU, that is why.

MK-Professor
not a problem on the PS4, it has been modified so that latency is gone, the PS4 has the best of both worlds (Fast GDDR5 speeds and DDR3 latency speeds)
ManatuBeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 ManatuBeard
Member since 2012 • 1121 Posts

Killzone demo was using 3gb for graphics and about 1.5gb for CPU (since it was running on a non-final dev kit we can assume it had about 5gb free mem for games).

Sony demos at E3 looked very unfinished, but thats really whats expected from E3! By GamesCom/TGS they will look more polished :D

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
Member since 2013 • 2504 Posts

Because this

Why don't PCs have DDR5 as system RAM? There are two reasons. For one, DDR3 actually has lower latency than DDR5, making it better for a CPU's quick-access general tasks. And while its bandwidth is a fraction of DDR5's, it is still more than adequate to provide data to the CPU. If we replaced it with gaming DDR5 we might actually see reduced CPU performance due to DDR5's increased latency.

seanmcloughlin

PCs have to do a lot more than just games and they can' afford to have a laggy CPU. This is why a lot of people are saying they think the DDR5 is gonna hold back the PS4s CPU, especially for the non gaming side of things

once again, the PS4 APU has on board modifications to get rid of the GDDR5 latency, or make it have the same latency as DDR3 chips with the enormous amount of bandwidth that comes with GDDR5 speeds. /thread
Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Wickerman777

[QUOTE="MK-Professor"]

xboxiphoneps3

not a problem on the PS4, it has been modified so that latency is gone, the PS4 has the best of both worlds (Fast GDDR5 speeds and DDR3 latency speeds)

It's funny debating PC guys when it comes to consoles. They always want to assume that the same problems that apply to PC are gonna apply to consoles as well. Consoles are a closed architecture. Unlike with computers the rules can be rewritten with each new generation. Perhaps one day they'll finally get it.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts
[QUOTE="MK-Professor"]

xboxiphoneps3

Source?
cyanblues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 cyanblues
Member since 2004 • 312 Posts

Here's an article.

http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/Jinx+01/ps4-what-does-8gb-of-ddr5-mean-for-the-system--248786.phtml

Razor_defiace
DDR5 heh...at least know your correct terms and facts first before posting, real DDR4 hasn't even been release yet.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]I doubt the 7850 on the PS4 will use anything more than 2gb's.. Especially when it is only doing 1080p and at 30fps at that for many games.. tormentos

Killzone PS4 already uses 4GB..

The PS4 is stronger than a 7850 and like i say in the countless debates just because PC developers can't go crazy using allot of ram doesn't mean the PS4 is bound by that same rule,PC developer are bound by legasy period most GPU out there on PC don't have more than 1.5GB of memory,so any developer who make a game to take real advantage of what a 4GB 7970 can do in memory will have problems scaling down period.

Crysis 3 doesn't reach 3GB and Killzone PS4 already use 4 GB.

KZ SF only used like 3Gb for the GPU

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 faizan_faizan

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

[QUOTE="Wickerman777"]

tormentos

By this line ^^^ the xbox 360 should have only use 2 core of its CPU,and the PS3 the PPE and 1 SPE,because if PC doesn't do it the consoles can't either..

Killzone PS4 use 4Gb and is a launch game,unfinish that is already more than Crysis 3.

You do realize that using more RAM is considered bad, right? How come it uses more RAM than Crysis 3 while looking inferior as well? Developers didn't make the correct use of it's RAM.
Avatar image for NationProtector
NationProtector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#121 NationProtector
Member since 2013 • 1609 Posts
Well first let me say the full specs of Xbox One are not actually out yet. Just saying that now. As for this thread, every single post is wrong. I don't care what side you are on, each one has disadvantages and advantages and everyone is ignoring all of them.
faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 faizan_faizan
[QUOTE="NationProtector"]Well first let me say the full specs of Xbox One are not actually out yet. Just saying that now. As for this thread, every single post is wrong. I don't care what side you are on, each one has disadvantages and advantages and everyone is ignoring all of them.

State any hardware advantages that the One has over PS4 otherwise.
Avatar image for NationProtector
NationProtector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#123 NationProtector
Member since 2013 • 1609 Posts
[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"][QUOTE="NationProtector"]Well first let me say the full specs of Xbox One are not actually out yet. Just saying that now. As for this thread, every single post is wrong. I don't care what side you are on, each one has disadvantages and advantages and everyone is ignoring all of them.

You went around my statement. As I expected. There are advantages and disadvantages for each, but you will ignore Sony's and spin it into an Xbox conversation so there is no point until tech magaz show you before or after launch.
Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Bebi_vegeta
Member since 2003 • 13558 Posts

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="Wickerman777"]

Wickerman777

Lol, I consider Titan irrelevant since it costs $1,000. 8970 will be half that price.

It still doesn't change what I said... The 8Gb of GDDR5 in PS4 won't only be used by the GPU...BTW.

Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Mr720fan
Member since 2013 • 2795 Posts

They will be compareable with edge slightly to ps4 also depends on devs

legalize82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 legalize82
Member since 2013 • 2293 Posts

Mr720fan
slightly hahaha.... more like 30%
faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 faizan_faizan
[QUOTE="NationProtector"][QUOTE="faizan_faizan"][QUOTE="NationProtector"]Well first let me say the full specs of Xbox One are not actually out yet. Just saying that now. As for this thread, every single post is wrong. I don't care what side you are on, each one has disadvantages and advantages and everyone is ignoring all of them.

You went around my statement. As I expected. There are advantages and disadvantages for each, but you will ignore Sony's and spin it into an Xbox conversation so there is no point until tech magaz show you before or after launch.

Your post does not consist of the specific advantages I asked for.
FPSfan1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 FPSfan1985
Member since 2011 • 2174 Posts
Sony only went 100% gddr5 because they had no choice. The APU doesn't support separate pools of memory.
FPSfan1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 FPSfan1985
[QUOTE="Mr720fan"]

legalize82

That 30% is a difference in teraflops. Real world differences will be negligible.
legalize82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 legalize82
Member since 2013 • 2293 Posts
[QUOTE="legalize82"][QUOTE="Mr720fan"]

FPSfan1985

That 30% is a difference in teraflops. Real world differences will be negligible.

and 30 % is not alot ?
FPSfan1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 FPSfan1985
[QUOTE="legalize82"][QUOTE="FPSfan1985"][QUOTE="legalize82"] slightly hahaha.... more like 30%

and 30 % is not alot ?

No. Even if it was an across the board 30% which it isn't. 30% only in the gou means like 4 or 5 mores frames to work with. You're not going to get much out of that.
FPSfan1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 FPSfan1985
[QUOTE="legalize82"][QUOTE="FPSfan1985"][QUOTE="legalize82"] slightly hahaha.... more like 30%

and 30 % is not alot ?

For reference the 360 gpu has like 40% more flops than the ps3 gpu and as you can see based on this gen the difference in graphics is negligible. So an even smaller gap using the same exact cpu means we will have very similar looking games on both platforms.
DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#133 DerekLoffin
Member since 2002 • 9095 Posts
[QUOTE="FPSfan1985"][QUOTE="legalize82"][QUOTE="FPSfan1985"] That 30% is a difference in teraflops. Real world differences will be negligible.

and 30 % is not alot ?

For reference the 360 gpu has like 40% more flops than the ps3 gpu and as you can see based on this gen the difference in graphics is negligible. So an even smaller gap using the same exact cpu means we will have very similar looking games on both platforms.

Except that's only half the equation since PS3 uses it's CPU for graphics calcs. After that it counted in, it is about 13% in favor of the PS3 with both cpu and gpu of both systems.
FPSfan1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 FPSfan1985
[QUOTE="DerekLoffin"][QUOTE="FPSfan1985"][QUOTE="legalize82"] and 30 % is not alot ?

Except that's only half the equation since PS3 uses it's CPU for graphics calcs. After that it counted in, it is about 13% in favor of the PS3 with both cpu and gpu of both systems.

Thats true for all cpus... All of them can help in graphical computations. Still they can't even begin to overcome the gpu difference in any way you just mentioned.
RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 RyviusARC
Member since 2011 • 5708 Posts

[QUOTE="clyde46"] Why should I torture myself with Win7 and 512mb of RAM/?tormentos

You should not there is a reason why many people use 8GB,is not for show dude.

Is the point what you should see,Ram impact performance greatly,have to little and you will have problems.

I am using 4GB of RAM on my older PC setup and every game runs fine without a hitch.

Windows 7 only needs about 300mb of RAM dedicated to itself the rest is allocated to what programs need it the most.

Heck most games are still fine with 2GB of RAM and you could get by with 3GB of RAM for the games like Crysis 3.

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 RyviusARC

[QUOTE="tormentos"]

[QUOTE="MK-Professor"]

^ 100% BS

ps4 CPU will not use more than 20GB/s of memory bandwidth and the rest 156GB/s will be used by the GPU.

So the CPU is getting 20GB/s with high CAS latency.

Also GDDR5 exist on pc from 2008 as GPU memory and will never be used as main system memory.

MK-Professor

The memory speed is 5500mhz far faster than DDR3,even is only one part is recerve for GPU..

Worried about GDDR5 latencies? Don't be. Large Cache, very capable bus, shortcuts and clever data transferring between CPU and GPU make that a non-issue.

This^^.

http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news/2013/3/5/amd-kaveri-unveiled-pc-architecture-gets-gddr5.aspx

The ps4 CPU is getting 20GB/s with high CAS latency. get over it.

for example my CPU is getting 48GB/s with low CAS latency, and my 2 GPU's of total of 600GB/s. LOL the 156GB/s ps4 GPU have.

You do know that each of those GPUs have to share the same memory pool right?

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 RyviusARC

[QUOTE="call_of_duty_10"]

SKaREO

Precisely this. The Personal Computer is more of a workstation than a gaming machine. It is not until you invest a large amount of money until you transform a PC into a gaming rig. Most PC gamers are not using gaming rigs. I'd say only about 3% at most have a computer that is capable of matching the PS4 in graphics processing capability.

Lol my PC I built in 2011 is more powerful than the PS4 and it's a single GPU build.

FPSfan1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 FPSfan1985

[QUOTE="SKaREO"][QUOTE="call_of_duty_10"]

RyviusARC

Precisely this. The Personal Computer is more of a workstation than a gaming machine. It is not until you invest a large amount of money until you transform a PC into a gaming rig. Most PC gamers are not using gaming rigs. I'd say only about 3% at most have a computer that is capable of matching the PS4 in graphics processing capability.

Lol my PC I built in 2011 is more powerful than the PS4 and it's a single GPU build.

Yea same. But PS4 does have the advantage of optimized apis.
Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#139 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

and 30 % is not alot ?legalize82

30% is alot and anyone that says other wise don't get that both GPU's are the same. One has less processing then the other. This isn't 360 vs PS3. These are all AMD parts.

There is no special cpu the other doesn't have... It also not AMD vs Nvidia like last gen.

You'll see the differance. Maybe not at first but 3 years from now your going to see 30% gap.

DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 DerekLoffin
[QUOTE="FPSfan1985"][QUOTE="DerekLoffin"][QUOTE="FPSfan1985"] For reference the 360 gpu has like 40% more flops than the ps3 gpu and as you can see based on this gen the difference in graphics is negligible. So an even smaller gap using the same exact cpu means we will have very similar looking games on both platforms.

Thats true for all cpus... All of them can help in graphical computations. Still they can't even begin to overcome the gpu difference in any way you just mentioned.

Except the cell can and did. It was originally going to be the GPU after all.
MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

[QUOTE="MK-Professor"]

[QUOTE="tormentos"]

The memory speed is 5500mhz far faster than DDR3,even is only one part is recerve for GPU..

Worried about GDDR5 latencies? Don't be. Large Cache, very capable bus, shortcuts and clever data transferring between CPU and GPU make that a non-issue.

This^^.

http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news/2013/3/5/amd-kaveri-unveiled-pc-architecture-gets-gddr5.aspx

RyviusARC

The ps4 CPU is getting 20GB/s with high CAS latency. get over it.

for example my CPU is getting 48GB/s with low CAS latency, and my 2 GPU's of total of 600GB/s. LOL the 156GB/s ps4 GPU have.

You do know that each of those GPUs have to share the same memory pool right?

we are talking about memory bandwidth not the amount of memory.

FPSfan1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 FPSfan1985
[QUOTE="DerekLoffin"][QUOTE="FPSfan1985"][QUOTE="DerekLoffin"] Except that's only half the equation since PS3 uses it's CPU for graphics calcs. After that it counted in, it is about 13% in favor of the PS3 with both cpu and gpu of both systems.

The hell it did. The most anyone ever did with the cell was naughty dog, offloading some of the post processes to it. Nothing more.
DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 DerekLoffin
[QUOTE="FPSfan1985"][QUOTE="DerekLoffin"][QUOTE="FPSfan1985"] Thats true for all cpus... All of them can help in graphical computations. Still they can't even begin to overcome the gpu difference in any way you just mentioned.

The hell it did. The most anyone ever did with the cell was naughty dog, offloading some of the post processes to it. Nothing more.

You denying it doesn't make it untrue my friend.
FPSfan1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 FPSfan1985
[QUOTE="DerekLoffin"][QUOTE="FPSfan1985"][QUOTE="DerekLoffin"] Except the cell can and did. It was originally going to be the GPU after all.

You denying it doesn't make it untrue my friend.

It being untrue does that all on its own.
FPSfan1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 FPSfan1985

[QUOTE="legalize82"] and 30 % is not alot ?Truth_Hurts_U

30% is alot and anyone that says other wise don't get that both GPU's are the same. One has less processing then the other. This isn't 360 vs PS3. These are all AMD parts.

There is no special cpu the other doesn't have... It also not AMD vs Nvidia like last gen.

You'll see the differance. Maybe not at first but 3 years from now your going to see 30% gap.

Bullsh!t. Look at the hd 7850 vs the 7870. Like a 50% flop advantage, yet only a 10%ish difference real world. Even smaller in more demanding games. Even with 50% more terflops the 7870 only gets like 5 more frames in games like metro or crysis. A 30% advantage in terflops isn't going to be game changing at all.
o0squishy0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 o0squishy0o
Member since 2007 • 2802 Posts

[QUOTE="legalize82"] and 30 % is not alot ?Truth_Hurts_U

Yeah and then Microsoft will have "TEH CLOUD" running and the xbox one can offload all the other pointless stuff and itll give it a 31% increase and you'll notice the 1% :P
Mrmedia01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Mrmedia01
Member since 2007 • 1917 Posts

GDDr5 is bad ass. Great for gaming. PS4 has a long future because of the GDDR5

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 tormentos

Well first let me say the full specs of Xbox One are not actually out yet. Just saying that now. As for this thread, every single post is wrong. I don't care what side you are on, each one has disadvantages and advantages and everyone is ignoring all of them.NationProtector

Oh please dude the spec are the ones leaked just like everything,else was leaked.

Hyding on MS nagative attitude to talk about spec in noothing change that,MS doesn't want to talk spec because the xbox is heavily out gunned,the only thing they dare say was that ram on the xbox was more custom..:lol:

The spec are known 8 core CPU,12 CU units GPU and 768 SP nothing more nothing less,now go do that PR sh** talk else where.

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Truth_Hurts_U

Bullsh!t. Look at the hd 7850 vs the 7870. Like a 50% flop advantage, yet only a 10%ish difference real world. Even smaller in more demanding games. Even with 50% more terflops the 7870 only gets like 5 more frames in games like metro or crysis. A 30% advantage in terflops isn't going to be game changing at all.FPSfan1985

Maybe you don't get that PC is not a console.

Software level vs HW level.

Stop trying you sound dumb.

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Truth_Hurts_U

Yeah and then Microsoft will have "TEH CLOUD" running and the xbox one can offload all the other pointless stuff and itll give it a 31% increase and you'll notice the 1% :Po0squishy0o

Here is alot of tech info on PS4.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/06/23/the-dark-sorcerer-ps4-tech-demo-used-only-4-gb-of-gddr5-ram-1-million-polygons-just-for-the-set/