If Halo Infinite doesn't get at least a 90 on metacritic, is it a flop?

• 131 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll If Halo Infinite doesn't get at least a 90 on metacritic, is it a flop? (90 votes)

Yes, flop. 23%
No, not a flop. 77%

They've spent so much time and money on the game, you would think it's 90 or bust at this point. After all, this is MS's flagship franchise. When Sony releases a game like God of War, they're aiming for the stars. Same with Nintendo and Zelda.

What say you, SW? If Halo Infinite doesn't get at least a 90 on metacritic, is it a flop?

• 
Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#1 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69345 Posts

Only Sony fannies sub to religion of Metacritic. 😂

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12060 Posts

Oh you care what critics say. How cute. 😂😂😂😂😂😂🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Pedro

@kuu2 said:

Only when it favors his agenda. When it doesn't he takes the "reviews don't matter " route. 😂

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#4 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15895 Posts

Probably, more importantly but we gonna have a lot of system wars fun threads if that happens.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61466 Posts

Both 343i Halo games came in sub-90, so no. I'm expecting a mid-80 score, but you never know.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11053 Posts

The days of 90+ scores for Halo are long gone. It's no big deal, but mid/low 80s seems to be the ceiling now

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#8 strategyfn
Member since 2012 • 1175 Posts

70s is a flop for a hyped game in my books. Point and laugh worthy if you will.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38639 Posts

I played the last beta. It was a clusterfuck. If the rest of the game is on par...... OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF. Felt like playing a game created by an amateur crew that saw Halo success and tried to jump on the money train. I remember people complaining (me included) about how Reach wasn't good enough, and didn't feel like Halo 2 and 3. Reach was miles better than the abomination i played, like miles.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8154 Posts

@hardwenzen: I've been playing Infinite all weekend and disagree, the game feels great, the gunplay is snappy. Will have to see more with big team but I'm enjoying it alot

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#12 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17790 Posts

It wouldn't be a flop. The chances of Halo Infinite getting a 90 or higher on Metacritic are slim though. I just don't see that happening from what I have seen so far. The cut co-op and Forge modes don't help in the eyes of reviewers.

Jendeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jendeh
Member since 2004 • 732 Posts

I don't own an Xbox, I don't care for Halo. But I think it's ridiculous that a game would need a 90 meta to be a success. Wasn't HZD an 8/10? I'm a firm believer that scores are subjective anyway. I hope it's good, though. Fans of the series deserve it for their patience.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hardwenzen  Online

@sargentd said:

@hardwenzen: I've been playing Infinite all weekend and disagree, the game feels great, the gunplay is snappy. Will have to see more with big team but I'm enjoying it alot

I don't know where you were able to find the snappy gunplay. I thought all guns other than the BR feeling incredibly weak, sounding weak and animated like its a game from 2007. And so much stutter on pc holy shit.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

sure

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44532 Posts

Doubt it could ever do that well mainly because almost everyone appears to think there hasn't been a decent Halo entry since Halo 3. Thankfully I don't think like that and I look forward to it anyways.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

Sounds like we need a hype thread. It's the only way to know for sure.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58261 Posts

Depends on your definition of "flop". To me a flop means it didn't sell, which is independent of how well it scored (though scores do impact sales a lot of times).

This is Halo, though, so it will sell a lot. Or r ather, it will be popular....still not sure how they account for Game Pass "sales". Maybe count active users, total downloads, etc?

@Pedro said:
@kuu2 said:

Only when it favors his agenda. When it doesn't he takes the "reviews don't matter " route. 😂

Nah dude, this System Wars. "We live by the scores, we die by the scores", Isn't that our motto? I mean other than "we are a bunch of bitchy corporate bootlickers"

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

Who cares about the score? You like playing 7/10 games(according to critics) and you seem to enjoy it? Good for you.

ZELDABOTW2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ZELDABOTW2
Member since 2021 • 664 Posts

There are a lot of games that people love that dont get 90 and what if it was close like 89? But with the way xbox is going it almost wouldn't surprise me if it got a like 70 and then yeah that would be a flop.

ZELDABOTW2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ZELDABOTW2
Member since 2021 • 664 Posts
@Jendeh said:

I don't own an Xbox, I don't care for Halo. But I think it's ridiculous that a game would need a 90 meta to be a success. Wasn't HZD an 8/10? I'm a firm believer that scores are subjective anyway. I hope it's good, though. Fans of the series deserve it for their patience.

HZD got a 89 and is one of the most loved games on ps4. Spiderman ps4 got a 87. So yeah you dont have to get a 90. I almost wouldn't be surprised if the game got like a 70 though then it would be a flop.

TumorStation5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#22 TumorStation5
Member since 2021 • 293 Posts

Funny to see ponies caring about they don't plan to buy or even play...

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

No way it's getting above 90. I'm guessing closer to a 75ish meta score.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: Damn you're already doing pre-emptive damage control for Halo:Infinite lmao.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Pedro
@zeldabotw2 said:

HZD got a 89 and is one of the most loved games on ps4. Spiderman ps4 got a 87. So yeah you dont have to get a 90. I almost wouldn't be surprised if the game got like a 70 though then it would be a flop.

According to TC, those games flopped. 🤭

Also, the thread backfired.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hardwenzen  Online

Imagine like 6 years of production. Over 600mil in budget. MS flagship for 20 years and it gets a 75 on meta. That would be so tragic that i'd feel bad for lems.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Pedro

@hardwenzen said:

Imagine like 6 years of production. Over 600mil in budget. MS flagship for 20 years and it gets a 75 on meta. That would be so tragic that i'd feel bad for lems.

Protoss 2.0, I see the budget is magically increasing. 😂

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

The Metascore!

Actual flop would be underperforming commercially. Of course with no idea of expectations and Gamepass being a thing, we'd never really know.

Good ole SW flop, need to make a hype thread, no poll, tally votes, see where it lands.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hardwenzen  Online

@Pedro said:
@hardwenzen said:

Protoss 2.0, I see the budget is magically increasing. 😂

Well, since i visited that "bottom", i actually saw Protoss in there talking to somebody about his ipad. And btw, an addtional year of development increases the budget and the heavy marketing hasn't even began yet. Probably gonna be in the 750mil range by the time it comes out. This is tragic. A tragedy is about to unfold, and there is nothing we can about it.

ZeroTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ZeroTheHero
Member since 2021 • 1391 Posts

Xbox and PC guys are scared of reviewers on this game they actually bought game pass and are dumb

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

If halo flops here at GS, it’s game over for the Halo franchise as we know it 😢

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44093 Posts

I’m going to go with a “No”. 😅

stacweed11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 stacweed11
Member since 2020 • 447 Posts

As long as "you" like despite what critics say, it's a win

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

Thread back fire lol.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hardwenzen  Online

If this game flops, i will remind lems that its a flop on daily basis. You really don't want this to happen.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13659 Posts

But Xbox fans aren't hyping it like that. PS fans are, just so they can pathetically knock it down.

I'm just hoping it's good. Not expecting great. Sorry cows, it's not about what you're hyping it, it's about what the Xbox fans are hyping it. I'm hyping it an 8 myself.

Who is expecting a 90 metacritic score from a 343i game?

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 HalcyonScarlet
@hardwenzen said:

Why, Sony's flagship Gran Turismo has been flopping since the PS2 versions on metacritic. Difference is, the cows actually hype that game.

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LouiXIII
Member since 2015 • 10052 Posts

A flop for a flagship title like that review-wise would be a 7 or lower. 7 isn't that bad but a game like Halo is held at a higher standard. I don't think they'd push it back this far for it to flop though. Phil is on that ass lol

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Damn,cow desperation hitting new levels,

PlayStation has no games

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 hardwenzen  Online

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:

Why, Sony's flagship Gran Turismo has been flopping since the PS2 versions on metacritic. Difference is, the cows actually hype that game.

GT flagship? Flagship racing gaming, yes, but that's nowhere near the biggest title on a Sony system. God of War is most likely is, and that's not a failure. See? The difference on a Sony system is that there is a bunch of high quality titles/series that you can consider as flagship. You look at MS, and all there is Halo. All these years later, and its just Halo.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
@hardwenzen said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:

GT flagship? Flagship racing gaming, yes, but that's nowhere near the biggest title on a Sony system. God of War is most likely is, and that's not a failure. See? The difference on a Sony system is that there is a bunch of high quality titles/series that you can consider as flagship. You look at MS, and all there is Halo. All these years later, and its just Halo.

If God of War is a flagship, that's embarrassing. It's had one real stand out game in 2018. The previous GoW games to the PS4 one, were all bettered by NB, DMC and Bayonetta. Ninja Gaiden even came out a year before that in 2004.

I'd pick another.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 hardwenzen  Online

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:

If God of War is a flagship, that's embarrassing. It's had one real stand out game in 2018. The previous GoW games to the PS4 one, were all bettered by NB, DMC and Bayonetta. Ninja Gaiden even came out a year before that in 2004.

I'd pick another.

Nice try, but as a lem, you failed yet again. GoW1 was amazing for its time. GoW2 was good. GoW3 was very good. GoW Ascension is what Gear of war currently is... a tired ass franchise. GoW2018 is the definition of quality. GoW2022 will destroy its competition.

If MS had ballz, they would reboot Halo completely. And i am not talking about a change of main character or something minor like that, but possibly go third person, add significantly more rpg mechanics or do something that is far from what the series has been for 20 tired ass years. After Infinite comes out, and everyone sees that its just the same ol same ol tired ass Halo but with major issues (bugs, lack of content, server problems, balance problems, etc), hyping people up for the Halo after Infinite will be real difficult because after three shitty halo in a row, well, its hard to be hyped if what you're seeing looks exactly like the previous three titles.

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 2592 Posts

Imagine wanting a game to fail so badly...

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 hardwenzen  Online

@gym_lion said:

Its not a matter of want at this point. I played the damn thing.

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Gym_Lion

@hardwenzen said:
@gym_lion said:

Weird that my Twitter feed has been full of people saying how great it is, yet the guy that spent 2 years shitting on it doesn't like it... hmmm.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#46  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34553 Posts

I don't care about fanboys calling something a flop or not.

I think the game will be average / pretty good. Like a 7 to me, a 9 to bribed websites like this one.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 HalcyonScarlet

@hardwenzen said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:

I'd pick another.

Nice try, but as a lem, you failed yet again. GoW1 was amazing for its time. GoW2 was good. GoW3 was very good. GoW Ascension is what Gear of war currently is... a tired ass franchise. GoW2018 is the definition of quality. GoW2022 will destroy its competition.

If MS had ballz, they would reboot Halo completely. And i am not talking about a change of main character or something minor like that, but possibly go third person, add significantly more rpg mechanics or do something that is far from what the series has been for 20 tired ass years. After Infinite comes out, and everyone sees that its just the same ol same ol tired ass Halo but with major issues (bugs, lack of content, server problems, balance problems, etc), hyping people up for the Halo after Infinite will be real difficult because after three shitty halo in a row, well, its hard to be hyped if what you're seeing looks exactly like the previous three titles.

They were shit compared to their peers in the same genre... On the same console.

Ahhh you cows and your third person. I suppose you want hours of cinematics as well and QTEs.

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Gym_Lion

Also, I heard the fixed the fruit physics.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 hardwenzen  Online

@gym_lion said:
@hardwenzen said:
@gym_lion said:

Weird that my Twitter feed has been full of people saying how great it is, yet the guy that spent 2 years shitting on it doesn't like it... hmmm.

The same kind of people that shill other big titles such as FC6, many of which are being paid to promote it. Nothing new. They were praising that shitty Avenger's game as well🤣

The game is coming out soon, you will see how wrong those shills were lmao.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 hardwenzen  Online
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

I'd pick another.

They were shit compared to their peers in the same genre... On the same console.

Ahhh you cows and your third person. I suppose you want hours of cinematics as well and QTEs.

No they weren't shit. They offered a much bigger spectable than all the other titles you've mentioned, and that's what the series was known for. GoW reboot is not a qte fest, so i am not too sure what you're talking about. The older ones were, but that was the standard back then.