I will never play Halo 3 again...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Big_Red_Button

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Big_Red_Button
Member since 2005 • 6094 Posts

After I beat it the first time I enjoyed it, but not enough so that I really wanted to play it again, so I just played multiplayer.

The multiplayer wore thin extremely quickly, and I didn't play it at all after the first week (less even).

I played the campaign quite a bit more with friends who didn't own 360's, because they wanted to finish the fight.

After all this I'm sick of this game; its good, but not deserving of its praise, not at all. Its a generic shooter, its coolest weapons take no skill to use, it suffers from generic level design, there is a huge amount of back tracking, the story was good, but rushed along far too quickly, and the whole game was as short as Gears of War.

Anywhere I go, all I hear is Halo 3 praise, and I'm completely sick of it.

I'm not going after 360; my 360 is my favorite console (although my SNES is my all time fave). It has its own games much better than Halo 3, it has Mass Effect, it has Call of Duty 4, it has Bioshock, its such a great system that focusing on one generic game does nothing but lower its standards.

I realise that I will get flamed for this non stop, as 360 fans are completely dedicated to Halo, and would likely give their lives to silence a single hater, which is why I will likely not pay much attention to responses.

There is no point in arguing with Lemms over this. I simply wanted to state my opinion and get on with it. I'll be playing Half Life 2 for a good portion of the night, as I hadn't beaten it in a few months, and wanted to give it some love again.

Big Red Button out, I love you all

Crunchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Crunchman
Member since 2003 • 9316 Posts
Uhhh, okay. We appreciate your thoughts. I think.
remaGloohcSdlO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 remaGloohcSdlO
Member since 2005 • 4152 Posts
Backtracking?
beast667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 beast667
Member since 2005 • 3397 Posts
you probly think the mp wears thin quickly because you arent any good at it
Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts
You're judging it a little harsh there. Comming from Halo 2, it was a great game. However, if you're compairing it from the first, I can see why.
BreakingPoint8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 BreakingPoint8
Member since 2007 • 3347 Posts

Xbox = Needed Halo to survive. Xbox 360 = Doesn't need Halo to survive...but it helps.

Halo 3 is fun with the online co-op and forge, but it's not the only game I play. I still think it deserves the score it recieved, it is what it is and doesn't play like other games. Right now I'm playing the Unreal Tournament 3 beta demo more than anything. I won't compare them though, since the gameplay is SO much different and I appreciate each game for what it is.

hellfire9988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 hellfire9988
Member since 2006 • 1136 Posts
Um... This is Halo Bash thread # 59,159 so... I don't care. Blog it. And WTF is your poll about?
Big_Red_Button

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Big_Red_Button
Member since 2005 • 6094 Posts

you probly think the mp wears thin quickly because you arent any good at itbeast667

No, I think it wears thin because of the opposite.

I wasn't any good at Halo 2, but then I started Halo 3 and won most of my games, who knew?

I actually enjoy MP more when I lose a lot; it gives me a goal to work towards, so once I'm better I can go to the people who owned me before and stick it to them.

Guitartod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Guitartod
Member since 2007 • 830 Posts

After I beat it the first time I enjoyed it, but not enough so that I really wanted to play it again, so I just played multiplayer.

The multiplayer wore thin extremely quickly, and I didn't play it at all after the first week (less even).

I played the campaign quite a bit more with friends who didn't own 360's, because they wanted to finish the fight.

After all this I'm sick of this game; its good, but not deserving of its praise, not at all. Its a generic shooter, its coolest weapons take no skill to use, it suffers from generic level design, there is a huge amount of back tracking, the story was good, but rushed along far too quickly, and the whole game was as short as Gears of War.

Anywhere I go, all I hear is Halo 3 praise, and I'm completely sick of it.

I'm not going after 360; my 360 is my favorite console (although my SNES is my all time fave). It has its own games much better than Halo 3, it has Mass Effect, it has Call of Duty 4, it has Bioshock, its such a great system that focusing on one generic game does nothing but lower its standards.

I realise that I will get flamed for this non stop, as 360 fans are completely dedicated to Halo, and would likely give their lives to silence a single hater, which is why I will likely not pay much attention to responses.

There is no point in arguing with Lemms over this. I simply wanted to state my opinion and get on with it. I'll be playing Half Life 2 for a good portion of the night, as I hadn't beaten it in a few months, and wanted to give it some love again.

Big Red Button out, I love you all

Big_Red_Button

dood u can still get 35$ for it in trade in value at gamestop

Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts
I agree with your entire post. The 360 is an excellent (albeit slightly poor in the hardware department) console, and Halo is certainly not the only game there is.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
Ok. I will keep playing it, most likely for a long time. Sorry you don't like it as much as I do, but that's life, and opinions.
beast667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 beast667
Member since 2005 • 3397 Posts

[QUOTE="beast667"]you probly think the mp wears thin quickly because you arent any good at itBig_Red_Button

I wasn't any good at Halo 2, but then I started Halo 3 and won most of my games, who knew?

I actually enjoy MP more when I lose a lot; it gives me a goal to work towards, so once I'm better I can go to the people who owned me before and stick it to them.

you should have played it more then. you would have ranked up and started facing dudes way better than you. i went form being MVP every 4 or 5 games to barely getting 4 kills in about 3 hours

whats up with that poll too?

cyborgjak427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 cyborgjak427
Member since 2006 • 14046 Posts

[QUOTE="beast667"]you probly think the mp wears thin quickly because you arent any good at itBig_Red_Button

Yeah, I noticed that once I started playing online today at my friend's house. I totally sucked at Halo 2, but I kicked ass at Halo 3:?.

NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts
Neat.
AdmiralDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AdmiralDan
Member since 2003 • 1231 Posts

That sounds like you've got a psychological issue - enjoying games you suck at more than games you dominate at. Anyway, whatever. Sorry to hear you don;t like it, but you must realize you are in the minority. Sat. morning there were over 1 mil. online in Halo 3 alone. 1 mil.!!! That's ridiculuos andI for one am enjoying the ride. A game with this much popularity may only come around every decade or so.

Avatar image for JannettyTRocker
JannettyTRocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JannettyTRocker
Member since 2006 • 1160 Posts
I honestly try to not get in to any 'flaming' threads, and try not to tell someone else that their opinions are wrong. But why is it that people feel the need to come on forums and tell people why a game sucks, or isn't fun, or is overhyped, etc. If you'd open your eyes, you would see many threads opened on this same subject. I'm not saying that your opinions are right or wrong, but by creating this thread again you are just wasting all of our time. If you are bored of Halo 3 or you no longer like it, that's fine. Move on to your next game, and trade your Halo 3 in. Do you really think we care about your thoughts on a game that clearly the majority of us still like? Not everybody wants to hear you whine.
Zaeryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#17 Zaeryn
Member since 2005 • 9070 Posts
Hell, I just got back from some friends of mine, we played that game must have been a total of 6 or 7 hours in about 24 hours of not sleeping. I thought it was quite good, not amazing, but definitely good. I would definately buy it if I had a 360. MP was awesome, need some more practice, but I can manage well to have a good time. I like halo 3.
AdolescentDon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 AdolescentDon
Member since 2005 • 9081 Posts

Er yeah, Good for you.

I'm really enjoying the game, I beat it on Normal first then Heroic and now im playing on Legendary. Im not sick of the game at all.

I don't see why everyone that doesn't like Halo has to voice their opinion so much, Like we care; do you expect everyone to stop playing the game just because you don't like it?

jackvegas21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jackvegas21
Member since 2007 • 3157 Posts
I sort of agree. Its a good game, but I've gone back to gears and am awaiting COD4and Mass Effect.
rowzzr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#20 rowzzr
Member since 2005 • 2375 Posts

you probly think the mp wears thin quickly because you arent any good at itbeast667

ahahahaha my thoughts exactly! he probably hates halo because he's no good :p

i-lick-monkeys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 i-lick-monkeys
Member since 2007 • 2971 Posts
with new maps and modes coming in soon theres no way ill sell it
NECR0CHILD313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 NECR0CHILD313
Member since 2006 • 7025 Posts

That sounds like you've got a psychological issue - enjoying games you suck at more than games you dominate at. Anyway, whatever. Sorry to hear you don;t like it, but you must realize you are in the minority. Sat. morning there were over 1 mil. online in Halo 3 alone. 1 mil.!!! That's ridiculuos andI for one am enjoying the ride. A game with this much popularity may only come around every decade or so.

AdmiralDan

It's actually quite common with hardcore gamers. Why the elite enjoy finding challenging opponents, because it's boring cleaning up scrubs.

blitztidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 blitztidus
Member since 2004 • 116 Posts

[QUOTE="beast667"]you probly think the mp wears thin quickly because you arent any good at itrowzzr

No. Most people don't hate Halo. They just think (like myself) that there's a lot of better FPS and other games out there and that some people praise it way too much.

Arathin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#25 Arathin
Member since 2003 • 2177 Posts

I honestly try to not get in to any 'flaming' threads, and try not to tell someone else that their opinions are wrong. But why is it that people feel the need to come on forums and tell people why a game sucks, or isn't fun, or is overhyped, etc. If you'd open your eyes, you would see many threads opened on this same subject. I'm not saying that your opinions are right or wrong, but by creating this thread again you are just wasting all of our time. If you are bored of Halo 3 or you no longer like it, that's fine. Move on to your next game, and trade your Halo 3 in. Do you really think we care about your thoughts on a game that clearly the majority of us still like? Not everybody wants to hear you whine.JannettyTRocker

To answer your first question: we are on system wars, it is full of derogatory comments about other games. If you don't like it then perhaps you are on the wrong forum.

To make an objection to your final statement: whining occurs all the time on this forum, everyone here seems to feed off it. Once again your choice of forum has been misplaced. Perhaps visit the 'General Discussion' forum where you can express your concern about the extensive whining in our competitive online community.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
I'm still having a blast playing it..
bonethug1213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 bonethug1213
Member since 2005 • 575 Posts
[QUOTE="rowzzr"]

[QUOTE="beast667"]you probly think the mp wears thin quickly because you arent any good at itblitztidus

No. Most people don't hate Halo. They just think (like myself) that there's a lot of better FPS and other games out there and that some people praise it way too much.

Exactly, id still rather play GeOW over Halo 3

killtactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 killtactics
Member since 2004 • 5957 Posts
Halo 3 is longer then gears and there was very little backtracking.... what game did you play? also whats the point of this... really there has been a million posts like this, you think we care about what you do or play? blog it
Khanezhyray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Khanezhyray
Member since 2005 • 901 Posts

Eh, I sort of agree. Halo 3 was overrated. I got tired of it, now all that's fun is, well, Forge mode, and Custom Games.

The game would be infinitely better if custom games were public and there was a server browser, I mean, I don't want to have to try to get everyone on my friends list together for the sole reason of playing a zombies game, every day... it's a pain, I'd just like to jump into one.

killtactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 killtactics
Member since 2004 • 5957 Posts

[QUOTE="JannettyTRocker"]I honestly try to not get in to any 'flaming' threads, and try not to tell someone else that their opinions are wrong. But why is it that people feel the need to come on forums and tell people why a game sucks, or isn't fun, or is overhyped, etc. If you'd open your eyes, you would see many threads opened on this same subject. I'm not saying that your opinions are right or wrong, but by creating this thread again you are just wasting all of our time. If you are bored of Halo 3 or you no longer like it, that's fine. Move on to your next game, and trade your Halo 3 in. Do you really think we care about your thoughts on a game that clearly the majority of us still like? Not everybody wants to hear you whine.Arathin

To answer your first question: we are on system wars, it is full of derogatory comments about other games. If you don't like it then perhaps you are on the wrong forum.

To make an objection to your final statement: whining occurs all the time on this forum, everyone here seems to feed off it. Once again your choice of forum has misplaced. Perhaps visit the 'General Discussion' forum where you can express your concern about the extensive whining in our competitive online community.

even thought i agree with you no forum needs the same thing talked about over and over again.... this topic has been done to death and you can only kick that dead horse so many times...
usule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 usule
Member since 2003 • 1734 Posts
Halo 3 is still awsome online... True there are tons of other great games online though...COD 3 ant 4 (soon), vaigas, Graw, PGR 4...
kukukuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kukukuk
Member since 2005 • 2406 Posts
If I had a 360, Halo 3 would not be in my video game library. That is for sure. I played Halo 3 at a friend's house because they were going on and on about how amazing it was. I played the campaign for about an hour, and then the multiplayer for about half an hour. I was not impressed. Halo bores me to tears, and I agree with almost 100% of what you said.

Halo 3 is just another generic sci-fi shooter. Just like Halo 1 and 2 were. I even prefer Perfect Dark Zero over Halo 3.
BigDizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BigDizz
Member since 2004 • 2592 Posts
Blog it.
turgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 turgore
Member since 2006 • 7859 Posts
That's great tha tu played COD4 on the 360. Anyway I will replay the campaign but on Co-op and multiplayre should last me a few months.
Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Relys
Member since 2005 • 4426 Posts
I stopped agreeing with you when you mentioned unrealeased games.
-R3Volation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 -R3Volation
Member since 2007 • 657 Posts
You sound like a teenage girl. Halo 3 is great, Half-Life is great, why you can't find Halo 3 great is why I can't find how the Wii isn't a gimick. I don't make topics about it.
Avatar image for deactivated-600fd0017f1ba
deactivated-600fd0017f1ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37 deactivated-600fd0017f1ba
Member since 2005 • 808 Posts

I actually like Halo 3 alot, but the Halo effect has definitely worn off...

Halo 1>>> Halo 3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Halo2 IMO

XD88FDB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 XD88FDB
Member since 2007 • 652 Posts

The Orange Box

has better Single player and

Better Multiplayer.

DanBal76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DanBal76
Member since 2003 • 1950 Posts

I bet you will TC :P .

caje47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 caje47
Member since 2005 • 2298 Posts

The typical "You don't like Halo, therefore you must suck at it" response.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
If you like FPS and don't like Halo at least a little bit I question your taste in gaming. Halo isn't by a longshot my favorite FPS or the best in my books and I hate playing on Dual Analogs but hey I'm playing Halo as I type this.