emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7834 Posts

I am a person who is willing to own up when he's proven wrong and this is a great example.

I've always thought the Switch was going to easily outsell the Wii U, but I completely low balled its true potential. My 35 - 40 million LTD sales estimate is obviously not gonna happen and I'm okay with this. In reality I'm happy I'm going to be proven wrong. Setting your expectations low isn't always a bad thing.

I still haven't bought a Switch but I've played it numerous times at my friend's house and it really is a cool little system. I'm gonna end up buying one for some of the great Nintendo IP and some of the smaller titles that have yet to release on other consoles. Switch will never be my main console, but it really does make for a great secondary console.

Simply put, its okay to be wrong, what matters is how you handle it.

Switch is currently at 34.74 million units sold.

Source

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-fy3-2019-q4-earnings-release-switch-hw-16-95m-fy3-2020-forecast-switch-hw-18m.113448/

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 51611 Posts

I still think it sucks.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 25501 Posts

Not sure anyone here were keeping track of what you predicted the Switch would sell, but cool.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4  Edited By Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts

Of corse it will sell dude. Unlike the wiiu, it has new Mario and zelda game.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Not much to talk about, huh?

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 emgesp
@Litchie said:

Not sure anyone here were keeping track of what you predicted the Switch would sell, but cool.

Actually, yes there were. Plenty of people.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By emgesp
@ArchoNils2 said:

?????? Its relevant to system wars. We talk about potential sales all the time here.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts
@emgesp said:
@ArchoNils2 said:

?????? Its relevant to system wars. We talk about potential sales all the time here.

yeah but this thread isn't about the sales, it's about you predicting something wrong. Like what are we supposed to talk about?

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 emgesp
@ArchoNils2 said:
@emgesp said:
@ArchoNils2 said:

yeah but this thread isn't about the sales, it's about you predicting something wrong. Like what are we supposed to talk about?

It is technically about sales, just being wrong about them. The people who I have discussed this with will appreciate this thread. If this isn't relevant to you then no worries, this is more for those who I've talked to about Switch sales for the past two years.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 4220 Posts

Meh, I haven’t found a reason to buy one. I’m not 12 so portability means nothing to me, it’s weak for 3rd party in terms of selection and performance, and it’s software is nothing to write home about. Storage and online is laughable.

I’m still at a pass. My X1X suits me fine this gen.

briguyb13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 briguyb13
Member since 2007 • 3653 Posts

Switch is awesome.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 emgesp
@Sevenizz said:

Meh, I haven’t found a reason to buy one. I’m not 12 so portability means nothing to me, it’s weak for 3rd party in terms of selection and performance, and it’s software is nothing to write home about. Storage and online is laughable.

I'm waiting to see what the newer Switch models offer. Hopefully we get some info at E3.

Random_Matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#13 Random_Matt
Member since 2013 • 4780 Posts

Most uncomfortable system I have ever held.

Overpriced archaic tech.

Mediocre and overpriced software.

Nintendo are like Apple, shepherding the sheep.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Never a doubt I mean, when was the last time a Nintendo Handheld flopped in sales?

Still though not into Handhelds so it remains... Bait & Switch. :P

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39350 Posts

Cool blog

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 emgesp
@SecretPolice said:

Never a doubt I mean, when was the last time a Nintendo Handheld flopped in sales?

Still though not into Handhelds so it remains... Bait & Switch. :P

That was my thing I just didn't see it as a true 3DS successor because of its size and battery life. I guess people are fine with the form factor.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 41185 Posts

@emgesp said:
@ArchoNils2 said:

Who's we? I wasn't even tracking Switch potential sales. But I can say I'm having fun with my Switch but the portability of it makes it wonders for me.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 emgesp

@davillain- said:
@emgesp said:
@ArchoNils2 said:

Who's we? I wasn't even tracking Switch potential sales. But I can say I'm having fun with my Switch but the portability of it makes it wonders for me.

Lots of people on System Wars talk about sales. Not everyone does obviously.

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1427 Posts

The problem is the Switch has no games worth playing and it has the absolute worst versions of 3rd party games because the system is uncomfortable to hold, the resolution sucks and online sucks. No one likes motion controls either.

The Switch is one of the worst systems ever created filled with ports from up to 40 years ago. The sales will slow down when gamers realize how terrible the actual system is.

Sadly, the sheep cult are great at recruiting new members because it is a favourite for the SJW type of people.

Anytime I ask what their favourite games are it pretty much always goes: “I don’t really play games that much but I love Mario/Zelda”.

I just roll my eyes.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 5429 Posts

Switch is in the category of the Yeti, Atlantis, Dyatlov Pass, etc.., in that certain things can not be explained such as why it's success drives a thorn in the side of the naysayers. Any opinion, good or bad, needs to be met with facts rather than gross hyperbole.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22044 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

I still think it sucks.

you probably havnt been alive enough to appreciate it. or maybe you started gaming late.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4305 Posts

Good for you being able to admit when you're wrong about something OP, that's pretty rare around these parts. :D

Likewise, I was way off in my initial predictions as to how successful the PS4 would end up being. Sony are killing it this gen.

As for the Switch, it's an awesome platform and deserves all the success it gets. Would definitely recommend you pick one up someday.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#23 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 37990 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

I still think it sucks.

This.

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

I bought the Switch thinking I'd play it as a home console most of the time....... I ended playing it portable 80% of the time so I was wrong too. Eh.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#25 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 38541 Posts

@Random_Matt said:

It really is.

When you have to spend extra money on a plastic mold to make it, not break your hands, it's not the best design in the world.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mandzilla  Moderator
@uninspiredcup said:
@Random_Matt said:

It really is.

When you have to spend extra money on a plastic mold to make it, not break your hands, it's not the best design in the world.

That's true of most handhelds to be fair.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 5617 Posts

Switch is doing far better than I expected too, but it's still not a way I prefer to play games. I've never really been a handheld kind of guy, and it's still pretty useless for non-indie multiplats. But if I want to play the next Zelda game, I'm going to have to bite the bullet on it eventually.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 38541 Posts

@mandzilla said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@Random_Matt said:

It really is.

I've only owned 3 in my life-time. A Game Gear, which had fantastic design. And a 3DS, which I had no problems with.

Besides the point, a lot of things being shit, doesn't justify being shit.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mandzilla  Moderator
@uninspiredcup said:
@mandzilla said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@Random_Matt said:

It really is.

I've only owned 3 in my life-time. A Game Gear, which had fantastic design. And a 3DS, which I had no problems with.

Besides the point, a lot of things being shit, doesn't justify being shit.

Always wanted a Game Gear myself, but ended up with a Gameboy instead. That was like playing a brick with buttons and a d-pad. Gameboy Advance was more comfortable than PSP or DS. Vita seemed fairly ergonomic, and 3DS isn't too bad. Still easier on your hands when using a grip like this one.

Anyway, Switch isn't perfect. Not easy to play for long periods without using a grip, but then I'd never use a device without some sort of protective silicone thingy anyway, so wasn't a big deal for me. Might be more of an issue for other folks though, and hopefully Nintendo do a better job with the revisions.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#30  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27120 Posts

I've been waiting for this thread.

Seriously though, that's good of you. I really enjoy having my Switch as my console/handheld alongside my PC. If it weren't for some PS4 exclusives, I'd feel like it's all I need. Honestly I think it's the best console I've ever had because of its portability and how easy it is to switch between the two states of play. It's not perfect. But there really is something to it, that I hope they will keep iterating on.

And rumours have it, they will. So I'm a happy kat.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 29752 Posts

I think the Switch is an excellent system and I’m really loving it myself. I’ve never been a really big portable gamer myself even though I’ve owned every portable Nintendo system. My main sticking points with portables has always been with the screen sizes. Having a much larger screen on the Switch and the graphical fidelity of a home console has made me enjoy portable gaming a whole lot more. I also find it pretty comfortable to game on myself.

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 15272 Posts

@emgesp: No one cares what you predicted, in fact most people probably don't even know who you are (me included) sorry but you're just not that big around these parts lol.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 15001 Posts

emgesp? Holy Cow, a ghost. Haven't seen this guy around here in a while.

The Switch is an incredible concept in theory, but placed in light and practice of Nintendo's continual asininity in business policy it is a success in spite of that, and is one I dare to say isn't nearly as good as it could be had these problems not existed. Their (still) years behind approach to online features and philosophy, the complete failure to capitalize on their legacy in full for a platform screaming for it, the Switch's technological insufficiency which renders (even year old ports) to run with sub performance (yet still charged $60 for), amongst a few.

It's a testament to Nintendo's ingenuity that their products proliferate despite being pushed by a company rife with stubbornness, backwards thinking going back decades, incredible arrogance, insularity, and a willful ignorance of industry trends and the ignoring of blatantly obvious opportunities to push it to its fullest potential. But such is Nintendo.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 974 Posts

I think it would be great if all of the ports of old, old games releasing for it were not sold at full price. It has plenty of games that are also on PC/PS4/XB1 but you can carry it around, so that's a big bonus - especially for indie games with local multiplayer. If it weren't for the milking of the switch user base with full price old ports, it could be even better.

EDIT:
@MirkoS77: Just as I finished my post, I saw yours and I think you sum it up even better.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29640 Posts

@Sevenizz said:

Not sure what portability has to do with being 12 but okay.

Have fun being tethered to your TV like a gaming caveman.

DarthBuzzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DarthBuzzard
Member since 2019 • 251 Posts

"I was wrong about [insert topic here]" might as well sum up system wars.

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1065 Posts

I think Switch is nice. I had to get a gripcase for comfortably on those grips like a controller when I am away on a road/plane trip. Otherwise it's portable and convenient, something that have served Nintendo well the past decade.

In terms of X1X....i mean if you had to wait 4 years for a more powerful console for a current gen to gloat...well enough said on that. Not sure can I wait that long again if the next gen does that again.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 emgesp
@i_p_daily said:

@emgesp: No one cares what you predicted, in fact most people probably don't even know who you are (me included) sorry but you're just not that big around these parts lol.

"Nobody cares what you predicted." I.E. you don't care what I predicted. I never once said everyone cares, this is for the people who I've talked to here about Switch sales for the past 2 yrs.

If you don't care then why even bother posting at all? I never understood people like that who take the time to post how much they don't care about what someone said.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 emgesp
@MirkoS77 said:

emgesp? Holy Cow, a ghost. Haven't seen this guy around here in a while.

I do remember you by name. I don't post here as often as I use to. I'm mostly on Discord these days.

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 15272 Posts

@emgesp said:
@i_p_daily said:

"Nobody cares what you predicted." I.E. you don't care what I predicted. I never once said everyone cares, this is for the people who I've talked to here about Switch sales for the past 2 yrs.

If you don't care then why even bother posting at all? I never understood people like that who take the time to post how much they don't care about what someone said.

Then start a private conversation with these people not make a thread about it as not one person has come in here and said, oh yeah I remember you saying that" etc.

So yeah no one cares, I think you have a complex of thinking you mean something to people on here lol.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 55192 Posts

Image result for i'm shocked gif
emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By emgesp

@i_p_daily said:
@emgesp said:
@i_p_daily said:

Then start a private conversation with these people not make a thread about it as not one person has come in here and said, oh yeah I remember you saying that" etc.

So yeah no one cares, I think you have a complex of thinking you mean something to people on here lol.

"Nobody cares", yet lots of people are commenting. And I don't need you to tell me what I should or shouldn't do. I've been here much longer than you, I know full well how to use these forums. So if my thread doesn't interest you then don't comment, you are contributing absolutely nothing of worth to this discussion.

Now back to the topic at hand.

EDIT: Just looking at your posting history shows that you just want to stir crap with people. Its literally you constantly calling people Cows, or saying they are butthurt or salty. Grow up man and stop being so damn negative all the time. You sound like someone who hates their life so bad they need to come on forums to crap on people to feel better about themselves, really pathetic.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 19922 Posts

@emgesp said:

I am a person who is willing to own up when he's proven wrong and this is a great example.

I've always thought the Switch was going to easily outsell the Wii U, but I completely low balled its true potential. My 35 - 40 million LTD sales estimate is obviously not gonna happen and I'm okay with this. In reality I'm happy I'm going to be proven wrong. Setting your expectations low isn't always a bad thing.

I still haven't bought a Switch but I've played it numerous times at my friend's house and it really is a cool little system. I'm gonna end up buying one for some of the great Nintendo IP and some of the smaller titles that have yet to release on other consoles. Switch will never be my main console, but it really does make for a great secondary console.

Simply put, its okay to be wrong, what matters is how you handle it.

Switch is currently at 34.74 million units sold.

Source

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-fy3-2019-q4-earnings-release-switch-hw-16-95m-fy3-2020-forecast-switch-hw-18m.113448/

Yeah it's a great system... definitely buy one. One of the best things about it for me is that it's my go-to console for Indies (pretty much everything comes to Switch).

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#45 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 2407 Posts

@Litchie: It's news to me as well. Lol

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 12401 Posts

@emgesp: I remember what you predicted. And it's cool that you're willing to change your mind about stuff and talk about it instead of burrowing into a trench deeper and deeper like a lot of folks here

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 3855 Posts

I have never been so pleased with a system. I honestly feel like it is a 2 for one system. (I was that guy that was always buying a ton of 3Ds games)

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 emgesp
@xantufrog said:

@emgesp: I remember what you predicted. And it's cool that you're willing to change your mind about stuff and talk about it instead of burrowing into a trench deeper and deeper like a lot of folks here

That was simply my goal here, because I keep to my word. I stated that if I ended up being wrong that I would gladly admit it out in the open, because I did make those predictions and I can't make excuses for being wrong. I felt it as an obligation, especially with some of the threads I posted about the Switch in the past.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 3864 Posts

Well, I guess no need for me to say more.

Yeah, it's on track to hit around 75-90 million.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 emgesp
@techhog89 said:

Well, I guess no need for me to say more.

Yeah, it's on track to hit around 75-90 million.

I've enjoyed our back and forth for the past 2 yrs or so.