I want your opinion on UBISOFT games and i want it NOW!

• 122 results
hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Poll I want your opinion on UBISOFT games and i want it NOW! (80 votes)

I like their games 56%
I don't like their games 24%
/puke emoji 20%

I dislike everything they create, so there isn't much to add 🤷‍♂️ More curious about what is the SW's opinion on their games.

If you do like em, what is the reason that you do? If you don't, why not?

• 
SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#51 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

I have avoided many of their games. The most recent games that I've played were Assassin's Creed Black Flag, Far Cry 4 & 5, and Immortals.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@uninspiredcup: Rayman is trash though, and they've improved AC the last few games.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

Mixed on ubisoft. I dont really play them but I also got the whole Ass Creed collection from ACII to AC Odyssey on my PS. Its cheap and they sold em in bundles on PSN.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56088 Posts

Personally, I don't have a love/hate for Ubisoft games, but I never had an issue with playing their open-world games as I love open-world games in general, so I'm neutral to Ubisoft.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@hardwenzen said:
@i_p_daily said:

@hardwenzen: You're supossed to block me if i said something shitty about your fave company, damn i thought the truth would be nasty enough.

At least you got one thing right as im not clicking on your link to see something that will waste my time, even though im at work right now and am wasting time 🤣🤣🤣

You quote me almost exactly 15minutes later, the length of the video. You did watch almost the whole thing. Goood. Goooooood.

Strange, i said im at work and yet you believed i watched your video, you poor bastard, waiting for me to watch any of your videos must be painful lol.

Watching Fromsoft vids and posting on SW while working. What a beast.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

I feel as if it's been like 8 years of them just re-releasing the same five games, or so, over and over again. They need to change the system they have right now of every studio working a little bit in some system of every game they release, and sharing the same systems between their games, for me to be interested in their games again.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@hardwenzen: Nice try but no dice. I'd rather have a nap (which on some days im sure i could get away with) than watch a video about a third rate developer 🤦‍♂️

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 hardwenzen

@i_p_daily said:

@hardwenzen: Nice try but no dice. I'd rather have a nap (which on some days im sure i could get away with) than watch a video about a third rate developer 🤦‍♂️

Don't bother, your spinning isn't working.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@hardwenzen: Yawn.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

@hardwenzen: I am having fun playing Fenyx: Immortals Rising

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 hardwenzen

@regnaston said:

@hardwenzen: I am having fun playing Fenyx: Immortals Rising

That's one game. What about the rest?

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#62 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

I like Far Cry, except 5 but Incant stand AssCreed

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

I like Ubisoft but it's pretty much Assassin's Creed/Prince of Persia for me. Never truly paid attention to their other stuff.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#64 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58929 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

@uninspiredcup: Rayman is trash though, and they've improved AC the last few games.

:/

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@uninspiredcup said:
@i_p_daily said:

I'm just not a Rayman fan, and its not one of those games that nearly everyone likes, its one of those love it or hate it type series.

AC has improved greatly the last 3 iterations.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#66 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

I used to like their games but got bored of the new ones.

I'd still rather them stay in the market though.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2251 Posts

Think far cry are great and so are immortals Fenix rising! Ass creed are decent with way to much pointless filler stuff. One thing is that even though I hate their cash shops in sp game, I never felt any pressure to spend any money on it. In immortals it’s purely cosmetic stuff you can buy and that doesn’t really bother me tbh... the second they start introducing stuff in cash shops that are mandatory ( in the same way as mobile games do) then I won’t play a Ubisoft game again.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2927 Posts

You failed to include an "I love them" option.

I love their games, especially the Far Cry Series and Rayman. Definitely one of my favorite developers.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#69  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

The last few games iv played from the Far Cry 4 and Watchdogs 2 weren't great so I don't think that highly of them. Plus they still owe me for at least 2 Plexter CD/DVD drives they broke ~15 years ago.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Far Cry 5 was actually decent, it was the first I completed, can't remember if I ever finished the Crytek original, the aliens really turned me off. I have never finished a single Asscreed game, Origins is my most played one, the repetitive side missions finally got to me and I quit the game. Overall Ubi games have nice production values, but the gameplay loop gets old too fast, the side missions are too samey and they need to add depth to core gameplay (whatever it is, shooting, fighting, traveling etc). They should get a decent writer for the side missions, because there's a limit how many times I want/care to find someones missing donkey, at least add a twist to it that branches out further and make it fucking interesting.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@my_user_name: Rayman seems to legit be the only franchise they haven't fucked up in some form.

Kinda almost hoping they never touch it again, Ubisoft gotta Ubisoft.

Rayman can't even be discussed anymore when talking about Ubisoft as they are currently. It would be like saying they are a good company because of Valiant Hearts, Splinter Cell and Scott Pilgrim (Haven't played it.), even though they all came out years and years ago and don't reflect their current design goals, which is to go really big all the time.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#72  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34600 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@i_p_daily said:

I'm just not a Rayman fan, and its not one of those games that nearly everyone likes, its one of those love it or hate it type series.

Totes. Now you do the same things you've been doing in AC since AC2, but now there's even more copied quests in a bigger world that's even better at wasting your time with nothing. Also love the addition of finding the same copy/paste loot hundreds of times, totally awesome and super fun to go through them all in menus to sell or scrap. Not to talk about the combat where you press one button many times to be awesome. 150 guards? No problemo, gonna kill em all at the same time with almighty x button. Oh, there's a really badly implemented skill tree now too where you can't even see the later skills, so that you don't know which ones to take. Genius Ubisoft design. Total improvement.

Played Origins and was basically laughing about how fucking bad AC has become. Or continued to be. Uncharted, Last of Us, Tomb Raider, Far Cry. AC fits right in there with the other casual crap games for non gamers.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

I really like Valhalla, got about 40 hours in. Like the simple little tomb raider puzzles and the open world exploring.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

ghost of tsunami devs certainly like ubisoft games

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 2592 Posts

Yeah I like them. Regularly play Wildlands with friends and played AC: Odyssey during lockdown and enjoyed all of my 100 hours on it.

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Gym_Lion

@Litchie said:
@i_p_daily said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@i_p_daily said:

Totes. Now you do the same things you've been doing in AC since AC2, but now there's even more copied quests in a bigger world that's even better at wasting your time with nothing. Also love the addition of finding the same copy/paste loot hundreds of times, totally awesome and super fun to go through them all in menus to sell or scrap. Not to talk about the combat where you press one button many times to be awesome. 150 guards? No problemo, gonna kill em all at the same time with almighty x button. Oh, there's a really badly implemented skill tree now too where you can't even see the later skills, so that you don't know which ones to take. Genius Ubisoft design. Total improvement.

Played Origins and was basically laughing about how fucking bad AC has become. Or continued to be. Uncharted, Last of Us, Tomb Raider, Far Cry. AC fits right in there with the other casual crap games for non gamers.

Casual crap for non-gamers... you sound like Ghost.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

Ubisoft was cool once, but not in 10 years or more. Games are just mass produced, generic junk filled with generic quests, scavenger hunts, and climbing shit. Plus what seem like randomly generated random events. It's lazy content from lazy developers at a lazy studio who feels they can sell games based on their reputation. And I'm not going to waste my money on another one of their boring ass titles.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

:P

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

I don’t see how people can bash COD but then play the AC series. Changing the setting isn’t enough to keep the gameplay fresh. You climb towers to reveal the map, go to all the icons, do one of a few different tasks, then go climb a different tower and do it again... Ubisoft uses this formula for all their games. Even that racing game they made!

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#81 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24920 Posts

They used to make masterpieces like early splinter cell.

Now they make exact same games with different skin ie AC and FC.

ocinom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 ocinom
Member since 2008 • 1385 Posts

They make great games and release them on time with minimal bugs that gets patched very fast

com2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 com2006
Member since 2006 • 900 Posts

Ubisoft aren’t bad, they just lack polish on some of their games, they can be buggy... a mixed bag really. Watch dogs was a huge let down, and a bunch of the Assassins Creed games weren’t up to scratch and had serious bugs. They do make some good games from time to time though.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

@hardwenzen: I like AC Odysessy too (and Black Flag)... I have Valhalla and played a few hours on it but got more into Fenyx so I cant form an opinion on that yet. Ghost Recon is OK too

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Gym_Lion

@goldenelementxl said:

I don’t see how people can bash COD but then play the AC series. Changing the setting isn’t enough to keep the gameplay fresh. You climb towers to reveal the map, go to all the icons, do one of a few different tasks, then go climb a different tower and do it again... Ubisoft uses this formula for all their games. Even that racing game they made!

Although AC games don't reveal the map from towers anymore. They just act as fast travel points.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@gym_lion said:
@goldenelementxl said:

Although AC games don't reveal the map from towers anymore. They just act as fast travel points.

How groundbreaking.

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Gym_Lion

@eoten said:
@gym_lion said:
@goldenelementxl said:

How groundbreaking.

Where did I imply it was ground breaking? Cheers for the reply though.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By hardwenzen

@ocinom said:

They make great games and release them on time with minimal bugs that gets patched very fast

Is this a meme? They release the most broken titles around. I can't even think of any developer that releases more broken titles this consistently. If you were serious, DAMN DUDE.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#89 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5168 Posts

They are hit or miss with me. I really liked Wildlands, but Breakpoint is horrible.

And I've been playing AC Valhalla and it's very Average. Not bad, but not great either. Graphics, sound, and setting are great! But story, combat, and lack of small details really bring it down.

For everyone calling HZD and GoT AC clones........I think AC isn't the leader of the pack for that genre. The Sony Exclusives are miles better than the best AC games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Litchie: Someone wake up grumpy this morning, or did Ubi piss in your Fruity Pebbles lol.

Saying AC is for non gamers is about as dumb as it gets 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

I enjoyed the first two AC games, but then I just lost interest.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 hardwenzen

@i_p_daily said:

@Litchie: Someone wake up grumpy this morning, or did Ubi piss in your Fruity Pebbles lol.

Saying AC is for non gamers is about as dumb as it gets 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

You say something similar to every single person who says anything negative about ubi. Your own fault for liking regurgitated series for almost 15 years.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@hardwenzen: Really can you link me to that please, i mean i would take your word, but your word is worth nothing.

I criticised Odyssey for being too big with to many side quests, i also stated thst i wish the games were no longer than 50hrs. I didnt do a rant like a child like litchie did.

So yeah, time to back up.your claims.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

I like most of their stuff that isn't open world. Unfortunately, that makes up very little of their overall content.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 hardwenzen

@i_p_daily said:

@hardwenzen: Really can you link me to that please, i mean i would take your word, but your word is worth nothing.

I criticised Odyssey for being too big with to many side quests, i also stated thst i wish the games were no longer than 50hrs. I didnt do a rant like a child like litchie did.

So yeah, time to back up.your claims.

You don't criticize anything but what's not on the Series X, a system you don't even own. And you're not worth searching the quotes, i know you've told me something very similar and so did to cup. It frustrates you when someone says anything negative about ubi lol. Bet you this thread is something that bothers you because not everyone is just blindly praising anything from ubi as you'd hope it to be.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

I think they make good games, polished and all. But most of their major releases are open world games and I find their open world design to be really bland. So generally steer clear of them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@hardwenzen: So no quotes of me saying this on a regular basis, just the "you're not worth searching for quotes person" spiel as usual.

Can't back up your claims is all, but we both knew that all along.

You or anyone else can criticise whatever you want, The Division 2 and AC is all im interested in when it comes to Ubisoft, the rest i have no interest in except for Splinþer Cell but we know Ubi have pretty much buried the series.

You can have your little tantrums, just dont go crying when people call you out on them.

No go cry to someone who cares as we're done here young'un 🤣🤣🤣

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 hardwenzen

@i_p_daily said:

@hardwenzen: So no quotes of me saying this on a regular basis, just the "you're not worth searching for quotes person" spiel as usual.

Can't back up your claims is all, but we both knew that all along.

You or anyone else can criticise whatever you want, The Division 2 and AC is all im interested in when it comes to Ubisoft, the rest i have no interest in except for Splinþer Cell but we know Ubi have pretty much buried the series.

You can have your little tantrums, just dont go crying when people call you out on them.

No go cry to someone who cares as we're done here young'un 🤣🤣🤣

Didn't read your wall, sorry 🤷‍♂️

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

Well i like their games, as my name is not hardwenzen & uninspired cup who both get boners when they hate on Ubisoft, for them it gets Ubihard 🤣🤣🤣

And you call me a casual when you love Ubi's plagiarizing games 🤣🤣🤣

LAtech84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 LAtech84
Member since 2017 • 643 Posts

I really like AC games and Far Cry games 3 and newer the most. I like the new last 3 AC games even much more than the old one's. I always get excited for Ubisoft's new games in those two franchises. I have not tried Immortals Fenyx Rising yet but that also looks like a game I would really like and am excited to play it soon.