I want Xbox One over Ps4 but the 360's keeping me from it

This topic is locked from further discussion.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

^^^

I'm having a hard time getting behind the Xbox One. I love the launch lineup, and I think I'd have a lot more fun with it than the ps4, which I decided to buy instead... The problem with everything Microsoft has to offer at launch reminds me exactly what the Xbox 360 did on day one and never did again.

I was one of the first to line up for the 360, finding myself super excited for the then unique and unfamiliar Call of Duty 2, plus my favorite game developer Rare had two launch games to offer -- both of which I absolutely loved despite how flawed they were in Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero.

The Playstation 3 launch looks eerily similar to the Playstation 4's: A solid looking, graphically intensive first person shooter, and a bunch of 3rd party games (Ps3 -- Resistance Ps4 -- Killzone).

On the other hand, Ryse looks incredible, and Dead Rising 3 looks like completely bananas and out of this world zany. Throw in a new Killer Instinct and a 20$ Panzer Dragoon homage, and this lineup looks like a dream come true for me... Maybe Rare's going to dip into their vast array of IP, and the system might end up being more than a COD/Halo/Forza box.....

But they've done this before. In 2005, we had a launch lineup filled with promises for new franchises and old... But after they didn't sell a billion copies, Microsoft scrapped all of them. We got our annual shooters with a new Halo coming every other year, a Gears of War here and there.. And the rare exclusive gems like Alan Wake, but those releases were far and few in between.

The fact of the matter is that most of the games I ended up playing on my 360 were available on ps3, while the ps3 lineup got flooded with new exclusive titles after a slow first three years..

I'd love to believe Microsoft is going to buck the trend of not offering enough first and second party content, and actually stick with their commitment to developing new games and ideas, but after watching my beloved 360 shift from the console I thought I was purchasing, I can't lay down my hard earned money without seeing this continue for more than a launch day.

Despite the inferior first party offering from Sony, my money's going to them based solely on the fact I'm inclined to believe I know what I'm getting. I'd rather be purchasing an Xbox One, but I can't bring myself to do it.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

#thestruggle

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

blog it dawg.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

^^^

I'm having a hard time getting behind the Xbox One. I love the launch lineup, and I think I'd have a lot more fun with it than the ps4, which I decided to buy instead... The problem with everything Microsoft has to offer at launch reminds me exactly what the Xbox 360 did on day one and never did again.

I was one of the first to line up for the 360, finding myself super excited for the then unique and unfamiliar Call of Duty 2, plus my favorite game developer Rare had two launch games to offer -- both of which I absolutely loved despite how flawed they were in Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero.

The Playstation 3 launch looks eerily similar to the Playstation 4's: A solid looking, graphically intensive first person shooter, and a bunch of 3rd party games (Ps3 -- Resistance Ps4 -- Killzone).

On the other hand, Ryse looks incredible, and Dead Rising 3 looks like completely bananas and out of this world zany. Throw in a new Killer Instinct and a 20$ Panzer Dragoon homage, and this lineup looks like a dream come true for me... Maybe Rare's going to dip into their vast array of IP, and the system might end up being more than a COD/Halo/Forza box.....

But they've done this before. In 2005, we had a launch lineup filled with promises for new franchises and old... But after they didn't sell a billion copies, Microsoft scrapped all of them. We got our annual shooters with a new Halo coming every other year, a Gears of War here and there.. And the rare exclusive gems like Alan Wake, but those releases were far and few in between.

The fact of the matter is that most of the games I ended up playing on my 360 were available on ps3, while the ps3 lineup got flooded with new exclusive titles after a slow first three years..

I'd love to believe Microsoft is going to buck the trend of not offering enough first and second party content, and actually stick with their commitment to developing new games and ideas, but after watching my beloved 360 shift from the console I thought I was purchasing, I can't lay down my hard earned money without seeing this continue for more than a launch day.

Despite the inferior first party offering from Sony, my money's going to them based solely on the fact I'm inclined to believe I know what I'm getting. I'd rather be purchasing an Xbox One, but I can't bring myself to do it.

Son 2005-2010 is 5 years (6 if you actually liked Kinect) of exclusive games in and out. It was the end end end of 2010 before the game dropped so i know your whole post is bS.

You are basically saying 5-6 years of games is garbage and waiting around 4 years for games and only having the last 3.5 years with good games is better. It's how i can tell this is a fake post.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

first world problems

Bangerman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Bangerman15
Member since 2010 • 1978 Posts

I know what you mean. When Microsoft shifted towards a Cod/halo/forza box, I got a ps3. I haven't even touched my xbox that much aside from the halo games and using it for netflix. The launch lineup does look a little better for the xbone, but I'll tell you that at least with the ps4 you know they will continue supporting it with great exclusives. I mean we're already getting a few new ones with Knack(whethere you hate it or love it), The Order, Deep Down, driveclub, and more. I think they have like 20 under development right now or something. Or so I believe.

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts

If you didn't like the 360's use of rolling out a few games of whatever sold the most once they knew what the new trends were... Then you shouldn't expect it to change. That's just how MS does things.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 XBOunity
Member since 2013 • 3837 Posts

@Gue1: sorry he likes xbo more than ps4. Cows are getting insecure. Love it

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

TitanFall and Halo. What else do you need? X1 locked.

danjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By danjammer69
Member since 2004 • 4331 Posts

@Jakandsigz said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

^^^

Son 2005-2010 is 5 years (6 if you actually liked Kinect) of exclusive games in and out. It was the end end end of 2010 before the game dropped so i know your whole post is bS.

You are basically saying 5-6 years of games is garbage and waiting around 4 years for games and only having the last 3.5 years with good games is better. It's how i can tell this is a fake post.

He really hurt your feelings didn't he?

Try not to be so sensitive man. Life is going to get a whole lot tougher than the pain the Microsoft is currently causing you.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

MS has done despicable things and were going to implement despicable things. They will end up like they did with the 360 or worse. Sony will have the greatest game library this coming gen.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 IMAHAPYHIPPO

@clr84651: the policies weren't the problem, the way they told us about them was. The original Xbox one features were actually really cool.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

Start a f*cking blog.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@clr84651 said:

MS has done despicable things and were going to implement despicable things. They will end up like they did with the 360 or worse. Sony will have the greatest game library this coming gen.

Can you please say something nice to me?

On topic. Yes that is the right choice.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

Sadly after 2009 when MS decied to drop I knew the PS4 was going to be the next gen console for me and my gaming needs.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

@Jakandsigz:

The problems started before 2010 even with flops like Too Human, N3 and Two Worlds. Then there were those Japanese flops like Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey.

glenn2709

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 glenn2709
Member since 2005 • 1719 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO: what features? All I remember was having the need to connect to the internet periodically and not being able to lend and borrow games.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

TLHBO!!!

PS4 is the system to get if you like games

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

TLHBO!!!

PS4 is the system to get if you like games

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

I feel the exact same way OP. I have been part of both XBox launches and I loved the consoles a lot but I also had a great time with my PS2 and PS3. I loved PDZ and Kameo like you did and a whole other bunch of exclusives that very few people on this forum have probably played.

In the last few years I haven't played much of my 360 when compared to my PC and PS3 but The One does have an extremely good looking launch and I would love to get Crimson Dragon as I'm a huge Panzer Dragoon fan. Aside from the other launch games I really like the look of D4, Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break and there's only a couple of PS4 games that have caught my eye currently.

I think I'm going to wait and not buy a new console until maybe 2015 because I know that The One will drop in price pretty fast as they are actually making a tiny bit of profit selling it and they will be making more money per console anyway with all the apps like that Fitness one. I want to own both consoles eventually as they both have major pros and cons and if Microsoft can pump out games like they did in the Original XBox days then I know it will be a lot better than the 360 was.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

I feel the exact same way OP. I have been part of both XBox launches and I loved the consoles a lot but I also had a great time with my PS2 and PS3. I loved PDZ and Kameo like you did and a whole other bunch of exclusives that very few people on this forum have probably played.

In the last few years I haven't played much of my 360 when compared to my PC and PS3 but The One does have an extremely good looking launch and I would love to get Crimson Dragon as I'm a huge Panzer Dragoon fan. Aside from the other launch games I really like the look of D4, Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break and there's only a couple of PS4 games that have caught my eye currently.

I think I'm going to wait and not buy a new console until maybe 2015 because I know that The One will drop in price pretty fast as they are actually making a tiny bit of profit selling it and they will be making more money per console anyway with all the apps like that Fitness one. I want to own both consoles eventually as they both have major pros and cons and if Microsoft can pump out games like they did in the Original XBox days then I know it will be a lot better than the 360 was.

That is the spirit, now you are thinking like an actual gamer.

There is nothing wrong with being an xbox fan but blindly endorsing all the things a company dose even the bad things is not a way to support yourself as a gamer who wants great quality games.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#23  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Blog it

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 clr84651

@FoxbatAlpha: @FoxbatAlpha:

Nope!

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@clr84651 said:

Xbox and MS aren't as bad as their fanboys. You and RR360DD are way too overboard about MS and Xbox. And when you have to flip people off in your sig, there's no way you deserve anything other than crappy responses.

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

@clr84651 said:

Nope!

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@clr84651 said:

Xbox and MS aren't as bad as their fanboys. You and RR360DD are way too overboard about MS and Xbox. And when you have to flip people off in your sig, there's no way you deserve anything other than crappy responses.

They are tame when compared to most of the cows on this board. I get the impression with FoxbatAlpha that he has fun on this forum whereas with some of the cows I get the impression that Sony pays them.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D:

I wouldn't call them tame. I would call them timid because of the negativity everywhere regarding the Xbox One.

If tables were turned however they would be no different than the Sony posters here just as they were for the majority of the Xbox 360 vs PS3 generation.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 clr84651

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@clr84651 said:

Nope!

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@clr84651 said:

They are tame when compared to most of the cows on this board. I get the impression with FoxbatAlpha that he has fun on this forum whereas with some of the cows I get the impression that Sony pays them.

You're justifying him flipping others off. I called him a ****** for putting a girl flipping people off. I got modded for it, which is BS. That's a double standard at it's finest right there.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 IMAHAPYHIPPO

@glenn2709:

BeardMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BeardMaster
Member since 2012 • 1686 Posts

MS front loads their lineup, Sony doesnt.

While i have no idea who ultimately releases more exclusives, its probably not that far off.

Then again i prefer the approach of front loading, because im alot more excited to buy games for a new console than one thats on its last legs. Especially since by the end of the gen i usually already have a hefty backlog.