I've become the very thing I swore I never would

• 100 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CwlHeddwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CwlHeddwyn
Member since 2005 • 5314 Posts

Ok so I'm an old fashioned Lemming, bought my original Xbox in 2003 and swore against the PS2 even though most of my friends had one. I loved Xbox, halo, DOA PGR and the rest. I believed Sony was arrogant and the PS2 underpowered and I preferred the Xbox line up of games. In January 2006 I bought the Xbox 360 and loved the machine I've lost count how many games I've bought for it in the last 8 years heck I've bought 3 x360 consoles! I avoided the PS3, I didn't think it was worth the price and most of the games could be had on x360 plus xbox live has always had an edge. But now I've gone over to the dark side. I've become the very thing I thought I never would... A playstation owner. I just bought a PS4 and a copy of BF4. Technologically it is more powerful than Xbox One, it is cheaper and apparently Sony have improved the online.

Have I made the right decision? I do not know yet, only time will tell.

But what I will say is this, if Sony have managed to persuade a lemming like me to switch sides then it's going to be a very one sided console war.

I'm sorry Microsoft, but you forgot what made the Xbox and; Xbox 360 such great machines - powerful hardware at affordable prices. The Xbox one is less powerful and less affordable than it should be.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

be a little more dramatic

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

You have been enlightened, my child, though...I do feel you should have invested in a ps3 first. You have missed out on the most award winning exclusive games of gen 7. However, there is hope. When ps Now is implemented, in theory, you should have access to the previous library.

I would still encourage you to get a ps3, cheap, used, whatever. But welcome to the light. May your stay warm your soul and enrich your life.

Avatar image for deactivated-600c0d961a580
deactivated-600c0d961a580

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-600c0d961a580
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I, too, switched from Xbox to PlayStation (although I went from XB360 to PS3 mid generation). I definitely think you've made the right decision, and I agree that Microsoft really lost the plot this time round. They clearly want the Xbox to be a do-it-all media centre, but people don't want that. When people say 'Xbox', they think of gaming. It'll take a long time and a heck of a lot of work to change that image.

I'm not saying that the Xbox One is a bad games console, but if you're after a new *games console*, the PS4 is clearly a better choice (and it's cheaper).

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I think not investing in the PS3 first is worse lol. You've missed some amazing games but I hope the PS4 brings you many years of bliss. And maybe just maybe the Xbox One changes your heart one day and you buy that one too.

thageneral2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By thageneral2
Member since 2007 • 595 Posts

@xboxdone74 said:

I do feel you should have invested in a ps3 first.

This. You should have bought a PS3 first. There are so many great games you can find for super cheap now, especially if you have PS+.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

I find it interesting what thread are locked and what thread are not locked now. I though the old open rules a few months ago were already too open, this is even more open than that.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

sonys online is still pretty laggy compared to xbox one...call duty was made for xbox and runs worse on playstation...xbox one has better online connections....

wiiu wont be as good as xbox one either.im not gonna lie....

but you can adapt....i adapted to wiis online which was the worst ever and i learned to love it....

you can get used to anything....at the end its about the games, the UI and features that you like better.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

Being a fanboy is unhealthy

CwlHeddwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 CwlHeddwyn
Member since 2005 • 5314 Posts

@BattleSpectre: when Halo comes out I may get Xbox one but I'm not sure. Xbox will need more exclusive games to tempt me after all it's a lot of money just for 1 game.

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 XboxDone74

@KBFloYd: got any proof? the connections are still p2p, so no there is no difference in connectivity when the networks are concerned.

the connections were the same even when comparing the 360 with the ps3. the difference however was that the ps3's operating system lag because of the way the RAM was allocated. doing multiple operations with the ps3 was laggy, while on the 360 it was smooth. however if you're strictly talking about the game play in online, there was no difference. p2p is p2p,. if there was lag the net was the hosts problem. if the game had dedicated servers and still lag then it was a server problem.

with the ram in the ps 4 now switching between applications is very smooth. there's no longer the lag the ps3 had.

so no, playing call of duty on the Xbox 1 is the same as playing call of duty on the ps4.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@juarbles said:

Once a xboner always a xboner. You should stay on the xboner side and not contaminate the Playstation environment with your low standards.

Talking about low standards,540p Twitch streaming

lol

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts

Doesn't make sense that you go through almost 10 years on one side and then switch or want to switch, just because you get a taste of the other side and "one" game on that side. =P Now I wouldn't know what causes most to switch, but I don't really see that as a good main reason. I play on all, I guess I have a different view on things.

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 XboxDone74

@MonsieurX: 0 goty pc exclusives. Heh...standards. B-)

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

To be honest if PC wasn't an option and the Xbox360 didn't have reliability issues I would have gone for the 360 last gen. Ps3 was well over priced, I got my PS3 from Hong Kong because of the stupid prices I was not prepared to pay.

You can't deny almost all the of the multiplats were better on Xbox360 last gen, but this gen Xbox One has almost no redeeming features.

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 XboxDone74

@juarbles: that's not how we welcome newcomers, insubordinate

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@xboxdone74 said:

@KBFloYd: got any proof? the connections are still p2p, so no there is no difference in connectivity when the networks are concerned.

the connections were the same even when comparing the 360 with the ps3. the difference however was that the ps3's operating system lag because of the way the RAM was allocated. doing multiple operations with the ps3 was laggy, while on the 360 it was smooth. however if you're strictly talking about the game play in online, there was no difference. p2p is p2p,. if there was lag the net was the hosts problem. if the game had dedicated servers and still lag then it was a server problem.

with the ram in the ps 4 now switching between applications is very smooth. there's no longer the lag the ps3 had.

so no, playing call of duty on the Xbox 1 is the same as playing call of duty on the ps4.

play call of duty on xbox one and ps4... the difference is there...

as for other games...you have a point... but call of duty runs better on xbox.

dont know about battlefield.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

If you have to ask strangers on a forum if you "made a bad decision" I'd say your decision making in itself is poor in general, you know since you made the decision to as strangers on a forum

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

@treedoor said:

Being a fanboy is unhealthy

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#21 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

Nah, I'll stick with owning, and enjoying both. Its worked for me for 2 gens now. But enjoy your PS4 TC!

monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By monson21502
Member since 2009 • 8230 Posts

. ms only made the most powerful system 1 time. and that was the first xbox. 360 had less power and used old tech and still was 400 bucks. and if u switched to ps4 right now when it has no good games on it . then u are a big fat cow. i hope u enjoy their exclusives because u will get about 4 from each series in the next 5 years. and when ur ps4 over heats and blows up u can bet your cow butt that sony wont admit to their mistakes and just bring out a ps4 so u and other cows will buy it so the old 1s wont get used as much in a second room like it would in the main gaming room.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23  Edited By jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

You did fine picking up a PS4, microsoft made a pretty weak system this gen so as far as consoles go the PS4 will be a fine addition. Down the road you may even decide to grab a bone, hopefully once they get rid of the crappy spycam.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

Good for you. You finally saw the light, congrats on your new PS4.

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By XboxStache
Member since 2013 • 1530 Posts

@CwlHeddwyn said:

Ok so I'm an old fashioned Lemming, bought my original Xbox in 2003 and swore against the PS2 even though most of my friends had one. I loved Xbox, halo, DOA PGR and the rest. I believed Sony was arrogant and the PS2 underpowered and I preferred the Xbox line up of games. In January 2006 I bought the Xbox 360 and loved the machine I've lost count how many games I've bought for it in the last 8 years heck I've bought 3 x360 consoles! I avoided the PS3, I didn't think it was worth the price and most of the games could be had on x360 plus xbox live has always had an edge. But now I've gone over to the dark side. I've become the very thing I thought I never would... A playstation owner. I just bought a PS4 and a copy of BF4. Technologically it is more powerful than Xbox One, it is cheaper and apparently Sony have improved the online.

But what I will say is this, if Sony have managed to persuade a lemming like me to switch sides then it's going to be a very one sided console war.

I'm sorry Microsoft, but you forgot what made the Xbox and; Xbox 360 such great machines - powerful hardware at affordable prices. The Xbox one is less powerful and less affordable than it should be.

Or...you...could...stop...creating...douche threads...it...must...suck...to....be....poor...

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

What a dumb thing to swear off

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lostrib

@XboxStache said:

@CwlHeddwyn said:

Or...you...could...stop...creating...douche threads...it...must...suck...to....be....poor...

Well duh! Does anyone really think it must be awesome to be poor?

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#29 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE!!!

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

You aren't Rick by any chance are you?

Funny story... I just got back in touch with a friend that moved away over 15 years ago last night... he was a certified lemming as well.... THEN he went and got a PS4 with BF4 last night as well.

Sounds like coincidences like this are happening at an alarming rate...

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@CwlHeddwyn said:

Seems a bit drastic to me...If I was a big Xbox fan like you were, the power difference between the two consoles wouldn't have mattered to me. I don't think it's a deal breaker at all.

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By XboxStache
Member since 2013 • 1530 Posts

@lostrib said:

@XboxStache said:

@CwlHeddwyn said:

...One day, I'll have a rebuttal for you and serve it on a golden plate.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lostrib

@XboxStache said:

@lostrib said:

@XboxStache said:

@CwlHeddwyn said:

...One day, I'll have a rebuttal for you and serve it on a golden plate.

Can i keep the plate?

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

Had you reached true enlightenment you would have built a PC. But a las you are still sticking to whatever some old guy in a suit tells you to game on so you still have some growing to do. Your ability to analyze the current console situation and make an educated choice shows however that you have potential. But I ask you to analyze the current gaming situation and find that not only do you reject the xbone but the PS4 as well.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

Went looking for a video of somebody being slapped (slap some sense into TC) for being so dramatic and came across this.

Loading Video...

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#36 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

@NFJSupreme said:

Had you reached true enlightenment you would have built a PC. But a las you are still sticking to whatever some old guy in a suit tells you to game on so you still have some growing to do. Your ability to analyze the current console situation and make an educated choice shows however that you have potential. But I ask you to analyze the current gaming situation and find that not only do you reject the xbone but the PS4 as well.

Everyone who gets a console plays on it because a man in a suit tells them too? However, PC gamers do so because they are independent free thinkers... right? That about sums thing up.

Who gives a shit... play on what you want.

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

we have a drama queen.. anyway... if one of the reasons you got a ps4 was because you heard the online was a lot better... well Fifa 14 did nothing but lag for me on the PS4 when I played. I sold it and bought it on the X1 and the difference is night and day. Also playing Forza 5 and letting the cloud put simulated drivers into my game to get rid of stupid AI drivers has to be one of the coolest things I've seen this gen so far.

To each their own but my X1 is used almost daily where my PS4 sits under my tv at the moment never used.. I hope that changes soon but based on my online experience with the PS4 to this point ill be getting destiny on the x1 as well.. With titanfall out soon I feel like the ps4 will sit there for a bit longer.. That is until infamous drops.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@whineyhen said:

I, too, switched from Xbox to PlayStation (although I went from XB360 to PS3 mid generation). I definitely think you've made the right decision, and I agree that Microsoft really lost the plot this time round. They clearly want the Xbox to be a do-it-all media centre, but people don't want that. When people say 'Xbox', they think of gaming. It'll take a long time and a heck of a lot of work to change that image.

I'm not saying that the Xbox One is a bad games console, but if you're after a new *games console*, the PS4 is clearly a better choice (and it's cheaper).

I'm in the same boat. I had an XBox and a PS2 but when the 360 came out, I knew that XBox was just the way to go. Sadly, when Kinect came out I realized that the exclusives were slowly but surely trickling in and it was all about the "new toy".. I just got disillusioned with it all. On top of that, I had gone through two RRoDs already. So, when the third strike came around, I simply got fed up looking at my 360 games collection and traded them all in for a PS3. Hadn't looked back since. When they let Bungie go, I knew beyond a doubt I made the right decision.

Some of the cows will say "Welcome to the light" and some of that other nonsense, but they're not half wrong. Going Playstation back in '09 really did open my eyes. Having a good gaming PC made me not miss any of the big titles that came out since then, in all honesty.. Unless you consider B-Team knockoffs of Halo (4) and Gears of War a huge loss...

Unlike what any of the Cows will say, I'll just say you have the right attitude about the whole thing. Take it a day at a time. It's kind of a strange feeling knowing that you are intentionally tossing the bird to something you once loved and cherished. It's not easy walking away from your achievements and gamerscore. It's not all bad, though. PS4 is definitely the way to go this time around. It just is, unless Sony manage to screw the pooch like MS did in '09.. Then I'm going Hermit lol

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 XboxDone74

@Bishop1310: why would u get destiny on xbone when u, supposodly have a ps4, and it will be getting exclusive content for it, as bungie has stated?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By lostrib

@xboxdone74 said:

@Bishop1310: why would u get destiny on xbone when u, supposodly have a ps4, and it will be getting exclusive content for it, as bungie has stated?

Maybe all his friends are on the X1? Also, he seems to be saying that the PSN connection for online multiplayer was laggy compared to X1

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Welcome, welcome to the cool peeps club. While lems eat the dirt debating what's better 720p or 16fps in their game, you're in da cool club and play games in 1080p/30-60fps.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 lostrib

@silversix_ said:

Welcome, welcome to the cool peeps club. While lems eat the dirt debating what's better 720p or 16fps in their game, you're in da cool club and play games in 1080p/30-60fps.

or 900p or 960x1080

nep321a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 nep321a
Member since 2013 • 75 Posts

I, too, and contemplating becoming a PS4 fanboy and ditching Nintendo. Heck, everyone is jumping on the PS4 bandwagon, so I will too!

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

TC you're an idiot for purposely missing out on the greatness that is the PS3.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

You sell out to whatever satisfies the craving best. Nothing wrong with that.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#46 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

I feel the same way. I went xbox 360 last gen and am going to go PS4 next gen. I want to embrace all of Sony's world class exclusives and amazing online service. I have been shown the light by playstation gamers in system wars. Thank you Sony gamers for showing me there is a better way.

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 XboxDone74

@lostrib: and I disproved that. In addition, no proof was offered. I shouldn't have to explain to you, of all people, how networks operate.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

1080i

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

Holy shit you seriously need alot of time away from system wars and also, this is full of blog material crap.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#50 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@CwlHeddwyn: They did the same to me back in 12. MS have totally let down their hardcore base