I think it's safe to say the PC master race dominated CES

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by GioVela2010 (5170 posts) -
This is all one needs
#52 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

[QUOTE="GioVela2010"][QUOTE="kraken2109"] You should see his car, it can't even go over speedbumps.clyde46
Past Car of the Month winner on the biggest BMW website

That's like being picked as the winner for the monthly soggy biscuit competition.

Oh, look, some sort of a car discussion. That's my cue to take a leave, I'm a sh!tty driver, can't contribute much here... :(

#53 Posted by mitu123 (155235 posts) -

This is all one needs GioVela2010
Needs more case fans for cooling definitely if you're an SLI/Crossfire owner, also yuck at that bottom pic.

#54 Posted by Led_poison (10146 posts) -
Well CES isn't really about consoles or video games.
#55 Posted by clyde46 (49053 posts) -

[QUOTE="GioVela2010"]This is all one needs mitu123

Needs more case fans for cooling definitely if you're an SLI/Crossfire owner, also yuck at that bottom pic.

Plus it's a Fractal case. They were good when they first appeared on the market, now they use sub-standard materials and shoddy shipping protection. If you want a nice sleek case, get an Antec P280.
#56 Posted by Timstuff (26840 posts) -

This is all one needsGioVela2010
I'm surprised you went with only a single fan rad on that case, since it looks like you could have fit a dual fan pretty easily. If my Storm Scout had room for an H100i, I definitely would have gone with one, although the H80i has been working out very nicely so far.

#57 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

except most of that stuff waspre-built computers and thus stuff hermits laugh at and ridicule ..........

#58 Posted by GioVela2010 (5170 posts) -

[QUOTE="GioVela2010"]This is all one needsTimstuff

I'm surprised you went with only a single fan rad on that case, since it looks like you could have fit a dual fan pretty easily. If my Storm Scout had room for an H100i, I definitely would have gone with one, although the H80i has been working out very nicely so far.

It's not mine, I still have a Lian Li PCA05 And I'd never get a Corsair AOI, they are loud garbage
#59 Posted by GioVela2010 (5170 posts) -

[QUOTE="GioVela2010"]This is all one needs mitu123

It fits up to eight 140mm fans :|
#60 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

[QUOTE="GioVela2010"]This is all one needsTimstuff

you can fit an h100 but you have to mod the front of the case to fit the radiator

#61 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

[QUOTE="Timstuff"]

[QUOTE="GioVela2010"]This is all one needsGioVela2010

It's not mine, I still have a Lian Li PCA05 And I'd never get a Corsair AOI, they are loud garbage

There is no corsair, that's an antec kuhler

#62 Posted by mitu123 (155235 posts) -

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="GioVela2010"]This is all one needs GioVela2010

It fits up to eight 140mm fans :|

It does? Impressive!

#63 Posted by GioVela2010 (5170 posts) -

[QUOTE="GioVela2010"][QUOTE="Timstuff"]I'm surprised you went with only a single fan rad on that case, since it looks like you could have fit a dual fan pretty easily. If my Storm Scout had room for an H100i, I definitely would have gone with one, although the H80i has been working out very nicely so far.

lostrib

Ok? And?
#64 Posted by clyde46 (49053 posts) -
[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="GioVela2010"] It's not mine, I still have a Lian Li PCA05 And I'd never get a Corsair AOI, they are loud garbageGioVela2010

Ok? And?

>using stock fans >2013
#65 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8531 posts) -

It's insulting to put tablets and PC in the same sentence...

Keep tablets out of the way, please.

#66 Posted by rilpas (8161 posts) -
Am I the only user who's looking forward to Project Shield? I really want that thing
#67 Posted by osirisx3 (2113 posts) -

nvidia is not a gaming pc

#68 Posted by Kinthalis (5503 posts) -

I'm interested in the razer tablet actually. IT's price and performance are comparable to the best ultra books out there, except it's a heck of alot more portable.

And it's a tablet with full windows 8 in there. It can be a media center, a gaming platform, with jeybaord and mouse you cna actually do series work on it... Looks prettty cool.

I might ditch my android tablet for it.

The shield on the other hand... not so much.

#69 Posted by wis3boi (32507 posts) -

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

What's wrong with LEDs?

GioVela2010

Nothing, unless you'reGioVela.XD

They're cheesy and gaudy, you literally have no taste if you like a bright led covered computer case

298972_514575865232160_1045926648_n.jpg

#70 Posted by kraken2109 (13271 posts) -

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="GioVela2010"] Past Car of the Month winner on the biggest BMW website Rocker6

That's like being picked as the winner for the monthly soggy biscuit competition.

Oh, look, some sort of a car discussion. That's my cue to take a leave, I'm a sh!tty driver, can't contribute much here... :(

It's not about driving, it's about cars. And if yours can go over speedbumps it's automatically better than giovela's
#71 Posted by GioVela2010 (5170 posts) -
[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"] That's like being picked as the winner for the monthly soggy biscuit competition. kraken2109

It's not about driving, it's about cars. And if yours can go over speedbumps it's automatically better than giovela's

Lol even my wife can go over speed bumps in that car Learn to drive
#72 Posted by Rockman999 (7232 posts) -

:lol:

I never thought I would see the day when hermits would hype and attempt to claim ownage on Consolites using another console.

How the mighty have fallen.

Avatar image for darkspineslayer
#74 Posted by darkspineslayer (22399 posts) -
I don't think anyone else was playing this game, of course it won :?
#76 Posted by cryemocry (590 posts) -
See the red tubes are led's you can rip the lights out though if u want.
#77 Posted by Jankarcop (11056 posts) -

I never thought I would see the day when hermits would hype and attempt to claim ownage on Consolites using another console.

Rockman999

1. Its not a console. Its a formfactor PC.

2. We've fallen, but still win every gen. Not such a rough fall.

#78 Posted by cryemocry (590 posts) -

lol most cases you only see one color led i had a red and a blue 80 mm exhaust fans.

#79 Posted by Timstuff (26840 posts) -

[QUOTE="Timstuff"]

[QUOTE="GioVela2010"]This is all one needslostrib

you can fit an h100 but you have to mod the front of the case to fit the radiator

I`ve seen such mods, although it was a bit too ambitious for me. I was not quite ambitious enough to remove my hdd cage for an extra rad.
#80 Posted by cryemocry (590 posts) -

I like this case nice and simple old school looking you dont see much cases with the tube led's in the front of the case anymore like this.

#81 Posted by hiphops_savior (8448 posts) -

I'm interested in the razer tablet actually. IT's price and performance are comparable to the best ultra books out there, except it's a heck of alot more portable.

And it's a tablet with full windows 8 in there. It can be a media center, a gaming platform, with jeybaord and mouse you cna actually do series work on it... Looks prettty cool.

I might ditch my android tablet for it.

Kinthalis
Ehh, a tablet with an hour long battery life for gaming? No thanks, I'll stick to my 3DS and play games that, you know, are actually dedicated to gaming on the go?
#82 Posted by Timstuff (26840 posts) -

I'm interested in the razer tablet actually. IT's price and performance are comparable to the best ultra bexceooks out there, excep it's a heck of alot more portable.

And it's a tablet with full windows 8 in there. It can be a media center, a gaming platform, with jeybaord and mouse yhou cna actually do series work on it... Looks prettty cool.

I might ditch my android tab for it.

Kinthalis

The Edge definitely looks a lot more appealing to me than getting a new laptop, although the one thing that keepsme on the fence is that there is not a model with wacom tech in it. If I get a tablet I want one that I can draw with, and right now those options are limited as far as tablets are concerned. Android tablets are a bit slow though, and that causes pen lag... just typing is a buggy mess on my Mom's transormer prime if i'm not on a mobile version of a site.

#83 Posted by GioVela2010 (5170 posts) -
[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Timstuff"]I'm surprised you went with only a single fan rad on that case, since it looks like you could have fit a dual fan pretty easily. If my Storm Scout had room for an H100i, I definitely would have gone with one, although the H80i has been working out very nicely so far.

Timstuff

I`ve seen such mods, although it was a bit too ambitious for me. I was not quite ambitious enough to remove my hdd cage for an extra rad.

Uhh you can just put a H100 or even a NZXT Kraken X60 up top if case I posted. The X60 even uses dual 140mm fans and it should fit.
#84 Posted by Rockman999 (7232 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rockman999"]

Jankarcop

It's a console.

Sorry Jankar but spinning that dreidel won't make hanikkuh come any faster.

#85 Posted by Timstuff (26840 posts) -
[QUOTE="Timstuff"][QUOTE="lostrib"]

GioVela2010

Uhh you can just put a H100 or even a NZXT Kraken X60 up top if case I posted. The X60 even uses dual 140mm fans and it should fit.

I have a CM storm scout. An H100 does not fit in that thing without heavy case modding
#86 Posted by Ricardomz (2715 posts) -

The thing I most like on PC gaming are the indie games.

#87 Posted by Timstuff (26840 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

[QUOTE="Rockman999"]

I never thought I would see the day when hermits would :-Phype and attempt to claim ownage on Consolites using another console.

Rockman999

It's a console.

ok, so it's a console that can run steam, windows, microsoft office, etc. And that's the long way of saying it's a PC. :P

#88 Posted by clyde46 (49053 posts) -

[QUOTE="GioVela2010"][QUOTE="Timstuff"] I`ve seen such mods, although it was a bit too ambitious for me. I was not quite ambitious enough to remove my hdd cage for an extra rad.Timstuff

I have a CM storm scout. An H100 does not fit in that thing without heavy case modding

Stick with the H80 then. No sense upgrading to the H100 unless you're currently roasting your CPU.

#89 Posted by cryemocry (590 posts) -

building a pc is difficult because you have so many goddamn cases to pick from hard to pick one lmao.

so i just get any cheap ass case that looks alright.

#90 Posted by arto1223 (4412 posts) -

All I see is junks and an overpriced PC that'll be obsolete in a couple of months.

Mr_BillGates

You can upgrade PCs. All tech gets obsolete in months, good thing for PC gaming is that you can then upgrade it.

#91 Posted by cryemocry (590 posts) -

[QUOTE="Mr_BillGates"]

All I see is junks and an overpriced PC that'll be obsolete in a couple of months.

arto1223

You can upgrade PCs. All tech gets obsolete in months, good thing for PC gaming is that you can then upgrade it.

They might release new hardware all the time but the software is years behind the hardware.
#92 Posted by cryemocry (590 posts) -

Probley less than 100 dx11 games exist and none are truly real dx11 native pc exclusives.

#93 Posted by Jankarcop (11056 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

[QUOTE="Rockman999"]

Rockman999

It's a console.

...its not a console = fact :|

#94 Posted by lundy86_4 (49107 posts) -

It's a console.

Rockman999

If we're talking about the Steam box, you can fully install Windows on it.

So are most of these going to be Linux-based Steam Boxes?

Well come outwith our ownand well sell it to consumers by ourselves.Thatll be a Linux box, [and] if you want to install Windows you can. Were not going to make it hard. This is not some locked box by any stretch of the imagination. We also think that a controller that has higher precision and lower latency is another interesting thing to have.

TheVerge

Source

#95 Posted by Timstuff (26840 posts) -

[QUOTE="Timstuff"][QUOTE="GioVela2010"] Uhh you can just put a H100 or even a NZXT Kraken X60 up top if case I posted. The X60 even uses dual 140mm fans and it should fit.clyde46

Stick with the H80 then. No sense upgrading to the H100 unless you're currently roasting your CPU.

The H80i has been working fine anyway. I might have been able to get a few extra MHz with an H100i, but I am quite pleased with the results the H80i, but given that I got a 1.1 GHz overclock running 35° idle and 85° under load, If I was really desperate for more I would just upgrade to a bigger case. 4.6 GHz is plenty to meet my needs.
#96 Posted by Rockman999 (7232 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rockman999"]

It's a console.

Timstuff

ok, so it's a console that can run steam, windows, microsoft office, etc. And that's the long way of saying it's a PC. :P

If we're talking about the Steam box, you can fully install Windows on it.

lundy86_4

And once upon a time you could install Linux on the PS2, PS3 and Dreamcast.

Are you guys saying that those are "form factor PC's" as well?

#97 Posted by Timstuff (26840 posts) -

And once upon a time you could install Linux on the PS2, PS3 and Dreamcast.

Are you guys saying that those are "form factor PC's" as well?

Rockman999

Those systems kind of sucked if you tried to use them as PCs, though.

#98 Posted by Lotus-Edge (50442 posts) -

2 out of 3 of those are a joke. Seriously, an over priced xbox controller with a screen? A tablet with two move controllers?

charizard1605

Mr_BillGates

Why are Nerdmits so enamoured with LED's in there cases? It's absolutely hideousGioVela2010

That about sums it up.

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
#99 Posted by deactivated-58b6232955e4a (15594 posts) -

The only good things from CES this year were the Occulus Rift and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_cXBINgd1A

#100 Posted by Timstuff (26840 posts) -

[QUOTE="GioVela2010"][QUOTE="mitu123"]Nothing, unless you'reGioVela.XD

wis3boi

They're cheesy and gaudy, you literally have no taste if you like a bright led covered computer case

298972_514575865232160_1045926648_n.jpg

Methinks the console peasants are just jealous that they are stuck with all those ugly old bland boxes in their dystopian wasteland.

3u0I4.jpg