I think Halo is finished

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Koalakommander
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts

Halo 3 was exactly like the Mountain Dew it was advertised on. Good for a short burst of energy, and then an inevitable crash.

I think it lasted throught the month of october, averaging an amazing 1 million players online at any given time. That number has decreased by nearly 80-90% now.

Now you can find more people playing the 10 year old game of Counter-Strike, or more importantly -- Call of Duty 4.

Call of Duty 4 is the Halo killer. It is a better game in every aspect. It has outsold Halo 3 already, and continues to do so every week. Everyone loved Halo 3 when it came out, even I was addicted to it's multiplayer for a month. Then COD4 came out (and Crysis for me), and all of a sudden Halo 3 felt like an outdated run of the mill FPS with a few tacky addons and a slight graphics upgrade so people wouldn't realize it was the same exact game as Halo 2.

Halo won't comeback. Halo Wars has no appeal. Halo gamers are console gamers -- why would you make an RTS spinoff to the 360 when the RTS genre is almost strictly PC?

If Bungie has the nerve to make a Halo 4 for the next Xbox -- they should focus more on changing the game into something new instead of all of the advertising, so they won't be annihlated out of no where by a multi-plat shooter that aired one commercial.

See what happens when a PC franchise goes to console?

shoeman12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 shoeman12
Member since 2005 • 8744 Posts
halo wars will be great and halo 3 is still my favorite game to play online. plus, forge is a great feature that keeps you playing.
VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts
good for a short burst of energy? people still play halo 1 for pc online and that came out in 2003. halo is not finished, cod4 is a good game but its to different to be a halo killer its all about realism, halo is about being non realistic
DuDisNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 DuDisNow
Member since 2007 • 2741 Posts
I found some many things wrong in your post that you clearly are a hater. Halo 3 is still the most played Live game...unless COD4 beat it again by one week.
Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Koalakommander

I found some many things wrong in your post that you clearly are a hater. Halo 3 is still the most played Live game...unless COD4 beat it again by one week.DuDisNow

COD4 is multi-plat...

DuDisNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DuDisNow
good for a short burst of energy? people still play halo 1 for pc online and that came out in 2003. halo is not finished, cod4 is a good game but its to different to be a halo killer its all about realism, halo is about being non realisticVendettaRed07
Sci-fi=Science Fiction, why can't people understand that Halo 3 isn't based on the real, it's freakin' SCI-FI! Also, I still play Halo 1.
beatzfreak69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 beatzfreak69
Member since 2006 • 416 Posts
Sorry, but there's still more than 500,000 on during the weekend. :cry:
Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Koalakommander

good for a short burst of energy? people still play halo 1 for pc online and that came out in 2003. halo is not finished, cod4 is a good game but its to different to be a halo killer its all about realism, halo is about being non realisticVendettaRed07

I could find hundreds of people playing some low budget game you've never heard about that was released 4 years ago.

Halo 3 is still a strong online game, but compared to others, it isn't nearly as kingly as it was made out to be.

DuDisNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DuDisNow

[QUOTE="DuDisNow"]I found some many things wrong in your post that you clearly are a hater. Halo 3 is still the most played Live game...unless COD4 beat it again by one week.Koalakommander

COD4 is multi-plat...

Did I say everything was wrong. NO! I said there are so mamy things wrong.
Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Koalakommander
[QUOTE="Koalakommander"]

[QUOTE="DuDisNow"]I found some many things wrong in your post that you clearly are a hater. Halo 3 is still the most played Live game...unless COD4 beat it again by one week.DuDisNow

COD4 is multi-plat...

You said I was a hater and stuff was wrong, then you pointed out that Halo sometimes beats COD on XboxLIVE as if that beats the millions of others playing on PC and PS3..

Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Koalakommander
I would like to note that I am not trying to bash Halo 3 (although I do like to poke fun at it). I just thought it was very interesting how the most hyped game of America is now behind several other games in the popularity department.
DuDisNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DuDisNow
[QUOTE="DuDisNow"][QUOTE="Koalakommander"]

[QUOTE="DuDisNow"]I found some many things wrong in your post that you clearly are a hater. Halo 3 is still the most played Live game...unless COD4 beat it again by one week.Koalakommander

COD4 is multi-plat...

You said I was a hater and stuff was wrong, then you pointed out that Halo sometimes beats COD on XboxLIVE as if that beats the millions of others playing on PC and PS3..

Yes, on Xbox Live, Halo 3 is beating it. Halo 3 is exclusive to the 360. But don't got pointing things out without facts. Halo isn't finished.
Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Koalakommander
[QUOTE="Koalakommander"][QUOTE="DuDisNow"][QUOTE="Koalakommander"]

[QUOTE="DuDisNow"]I found some many things wrong in your post that you clearly are a hater. Halo 3 is still the most played Live game...unless COD4 beat it again by one week.DuDisNow

COD4 is multi-plat...

Yes, on Xbox Live, Halo 3 is beating it. Halo 3 is exclusive to the 360. But don't got pointing things out without facts. Halo isn't finished.

Guess I was a bit extreme in the topic title. I just don't think it will be ever be as big as it was last year.

jlh47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 jlh47
Member since 2007 • 3326 Posts

Halo 3 was exactly like the Mountain Dew it was advertised on. Good for a short burst of energy, and then an inevitable crash.

I think it lasted throught the month of october, averaging an amazing 1 million players online at any given time. That number has decreased by nearly 80-90% now.

Now you can find more people playing the 10 year old game of Counter-Strike, or more importantly -- Call of Duty 4.

Call of Duty 4 is the Halo killer. It is a better game in every aspect. It has outsold Halo 3 already, and continues to do so every week. Everyone loved Halo 3 when it came out, even I was addicted to it's multiplayer for a month. Then COD4 came out (and Crysis for me), and all of a sudden Halo 3 felt like an outdated run of the mill FPS with a few tacky addons and a slight graphics upgrade so people wouldn't realize it was the same exact game as Halo 2.

Halo won't comeback. Halo Wars has no appeal. Halo gamers are console gamers -- why would you make an RTS spinoff to the 360 when the RTS genre is almost strictly PC?

If Bungie has the nerve to make a Halo 4 for the next Xbox -- they should focus more on changing the game into something new instead of all of the advertising, so they won't be annihlated out of no where by a multi-plat shooter that aired one commercial.

Koalakommander

halo 3 has outsold cod4 even though halo 3 is on 1 system...

plus there are still at least 5-6 million ppl online at any given moment.

has more uploads per day than all of youtube...

don't talk.

stephant_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 stephant_6
Member since 2005 • 1758 Posts
[QUOTE="Koalakommander"][QUOTE="DuDisNow"][QUOTE="Koalakommander"]

COD4 is multi-plat...

No it isn't finished because Halo Wars isn't out yet. After that,we'll see.

NFS102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#16 NFS102
Member since 2007 • 27011 Posts

Hey if Bungie is selling so many copies why would they stop making the game? If I'm correct it is the best selling xbox360 game so far.

Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Koalakommander
[QUOTE="Koalakommander"]

jlh47

don't talk.

5-6 million on at any moment?

Theres currently 180,000 on right now? You sound silly now.

And COD4 has sold more copies across all systems.

Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts

Its far from finished

Hulkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 Hulkness
Member since 2008 • 1271 Posts
Im wondering why everone is ignoring the fact that CoD4 is multi-plat.
Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Bansheesdie
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts

See what happens when a PC franchise goes to console?Koalakommander

Huh?

BTW, Halo 3 is the end to that storyline and Bungie won't be making another Halo game (besides working with Wingnut on Halo: Chronicles) for a while.

Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Koalakommander

[QUOTE="Koalakommander"] See what happens when a PC franchise goes to console?Bansheesdie

Huh?

BTW, Halo 3 is the end to that storyline and Bungie won't be making another Halo game (besides working with Wingnut on Halo: Chronicles) for a while.

Good. I look forward to a new IP.

jlh47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jlh47
[QUOTE="jlh47"][QUOTE="Koalakommander"]

Koalakommander

don't talk.

sorry, meant to say 5-6 hundred thousand.

istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#23 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts
[QUOTE="jlh47"][QUOTE="Koalakommander"]

Koalakommander

don't talk.

how are you basing the cod4 sales? since its hard to track european sales. kind of curious about it.

Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
Member since 2007 • 8992 Posts
well the peter jackson project is still in the works and there still more room for the books so I wouuld say halo is not finished.
dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts

I would like to note that I am not trying to bash Halo 3 (although I do like to poke fun at it). I just thought it was very interesting how the most hyped game of America is now behind several other games in the popularity department.Koalakommander

It's funny how your logic works. You are putting a game that's on 3, yes 3 different systems and comparing the popularity. Of course, CoD4 is going to be more popular when you put millions who bought it on PC and Ps3 and on Xbox 360. Also, you make it like a sin to like Halo 3 more. I like Halo 3 more than CoD 4, and I guess that makes me less of a gamer than you.

Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Bansheesdie

And COD4 has sold more copies across all systems.Koalakommander

How many copies of Call of Duty 4 have been sold?

Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Bansheesdie

Good. I look forward to a new IP.Koalakommander

Good thing Bungie is working on a new IP then, eh? ;)

jlh47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jlh47

halo 3 has over 8.1 million sold as of february

call of duty 4 approximately 7.8.

Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#29 Pro_wrestler
Member since 2002 • 7880 Posts
Halo 3 sold 8 million copies WW on one platform, all those top-tier multiplats didn't... HMMM so that means Halo > You + this thread
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 II-FBIsniper-II

[QUOTE="Koalakommander"]Good. I look forward to a new IP.Bansheesdie

I want something new from them (no shooters).
Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
Member since 2007 • 8992 Posts

How can you think halo is finished when there are so many facts that say otherwise ?

I guess thats system wars logic :lol:

Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Bansheesdie
[QUOTE="Bansheesdie"]

[QUOTE="Koalakommander"]Good. I look forward to a new IP.II-FBIsniper-II

I want something new from them (no shooters).

Knowing Bungie, at least looking at their history, their next project will be either an RTS, TPS, or FPS. Halo was actually all of those at one point in its development life.

I love shooters, so I want a shooter. Plus I just love Bungie shooters.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 02152008
Member since 2008 • 203 Posts

Hey if Bungie is selling so many copies why would they stop making the game? If I'm correct it is the best selling xbox360 game so far.

NFS102

Yes, it is.

II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 II-FBIsniper-II
Knowing Bungie, at least looking at their history, their next project will be either an RTS, TPS, or FPS. Halo was actually all of those at one point in its development life.

Bansheesdie
I love the video of them talking vcer early developement of Halo.
Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Bansheesdie
[QUOTE="Bansheesdie"]Knowing Bungie, at least looking at their history, their next project will be either an RTS, TPS, or FPS. Halo was actually all of those at one point in its development life.

II-FBIsniper-II

I love the video of them talking vcer early developement of Halo.

lol, that was what I was thinking off. Bungie is great, especially when you get 4 or 5 in the same room to joke about their games. Good stuff.

What would be great, is if they would do that over the Halo franchise as it is now. Mention their plan for World Domination, say something about Ling Ling's head, what it would be like to have a pet Grunt tied up in the shed out back like in Shaun of the Dead.

FLamezero991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#36 FLamezero991
Member since 2005 • 2877 Posts
Halo renews itself with new maps and still a very fun online. COD4 is a great game, but I wouldn't compare it to Halo 3 at all. Two totally diffrent games....
hello12367890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 hello12367890
Member since 2005 • 977 Posts

COD4 is multi-plat...

i can see you must have played cod4 on ps3 which means you never even played halo.your just a hater ask any 360 owner i garuntee most say halo is better