I never realized how crappy console graphics were, until now.

• 173 results
#1 Edited by Paradocs (259 posts) -

My nephew got a PS4 for Christmas, and I let him hook it up so he could play his new games, and, man, Black Ops 4 and Red Dead Redemption 2 look incredibly terrible, and if that wasn't bad enough both games only ran in 30FPS.. You'd think terrible visuals would come with a high framerate, but nope, lol.. With that being said, I like RDR2's snow physics, but that's about it.. I had no idea the difference was THIS huge, Youtube comparisons are practically useless.. and this is coming from the perspective of somebody who games on a mid-ranged graphics card (RX 480), not a 1080 Ti. lol

#2 Posted by X_Karen_x (501 posts) -

It good to not worry too much about graphic it drive you crazy someday

#3 Edited by Paradocs (259 posts) -

@x_karen_x: Framerate is more important to me, but it couldn't even deliver on that, plus I was expecting it to look better since fanboys were hyping up Red Dead Redemption 2's graphics, but I should've known. lol

#4 Posted by Telekill (8586 posts) -

Lol...

You youngins and your lack of experience with graphics that actually were bad...

Lol...

#5 Posted by Paradocs (259 posts) -

@Telekill: lol, nah, I started gaming in the PS1/PS2 era, and I've played plenty of games that came before my time, these graphics are "actually" horrible, they're barely a step up from the 360. lol

#6 Posted by Ten_Pints (3904 posts) -

Most of the games are almost identical graphics wise (not modded) as most PC AAA titles are console ports.

The frame rate however is legit bad on most stuff on consoles.

#7 Edited by Xabiss (2895 posts) -

@paradocs said:

My nephew got a PS4 for Christmas, and I let him hook it up so he could play his new games, and, man, Black Ops 4 and Red Dead Redemption 2 look incredibly terrible, and if that wasn't bad enough both games only ran in 30FPS.. You'd think terrible visuals would come with a high framerate, but nope, lol.. With that being said, I like RDR2's snow physics, but that's about it.. I had no idea the difference was THIS huge, Youtube comparisons are practically useless.. and this is coming from the perspective of somebody who games on a mid-ranged graphics card (RX 480), not a 1080 Ti. lol

Well I know you didn't play Black Ops 4 because it is a target 60FPS game. I know in Blackout mode it sometimes doesn't hit that number, but it is not a target 30 FPS game like you say it is. So you sir are a just full of shit!

#8 Posted by pyro1245 (5243 posts) -

Graphics are fine, it's the performance that sucks.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
#9 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (5747 posts) -

I believe you, Mr Alt. Account.

#10 Edited by Paradocs (259 posts) -

@Xabiss said:@paradocs said: My nephew got a PS4 for Christmas, and I let him hook it up so he could play his new games, and, man, Black Ops 4 and Red Dead Redemption 2 look incredibly terrible, and if that wasn't bad enough both games only ran in 30FPS.. You'd think terrible visuals would come with a high framerate, but nope, lol.. With that being said, I like RDR2's snow physics, but that's about it.. I had no idea the difference was THIS huge, Youtube comparisons are practically useless.. and this is coming from the perspective of somebody who games on a mid-ranged graphics card (RX 480), not a 1080 Ti. lol

Well I know you didn't play Black Ops 4 because it is a target 60FPS game. I know in Blackout mode it sometimes doesn't hit that number, but it is not a target 30 FPS game like you say it is. So you sir are a just full of shit!

They may say it "targets" 60 FPS, but that definitely wasn't 60 FPS, I don't know what game you played. lol

#11 Posted by Paradocs (259 posts) -

@ten_pints said:

Most of the games are almost identical graphics wise (not modded) as most PC AAA titles are console ports.

The frame rate however is legit bad on most stuff on consoles.

This is false, I have Black Ops 3 on PC and it looks 100 times better than Black Ops 4 on PS4. lol

#12 Posted by NeutrinoWorks (75 posts) -

I have a pretty beefy PC (probably better than yours) and i think Console graphics are pretty damn awesome

#13 Posted by Paradocs (259 posts) -

@neutrinoworks: Sure you do. lol

#14 Posted by freedomfreak (51270 posts) -

What games do you find looking better than Red Dead Redemption 2?

#15 Posted by Telekill (8586 posts) -

@paradocs: Than you are somehow clueless.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
#16 Posted by Blackhairedhero (3233 posts) -

Troll account

#17 Posted by Paradocs (259 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

What games do you find looking better than Red Dead Redemption 2?

Are you serious? This is too easy. lol

Battlefield 5, Injustice 2, Hitman 2, Soul Calibur 6, Far Cry 5, GTA V, Assassin's Creed Odyssey, the list can go on forever. lol

#18 Edited by Sgt_Crow (6097 posts) -

Shhh, not so loud, graphics is the only thing cows have...

#19 Posted by freedomfreak (51270 posts) -
@paradocs said:

Battlefield 5, Injustice 2, Hitman 2, Soul Calibur 6, Far Cry 5, GTA V, Assassin's Creed Odyssey, the list can go on forever. lol

Keep going then.

#20 Posted by Archangel3371 (28523 posts) -

I’m quite content with them myself.

#21 Edited by Ross_the_Boss6 (3979 posts) -

BLOPS 4 is 60 FPS on consoles. You might need your eyes checked.

#22 Edited by Paradocs (259 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:
@paradocs said:

Keep going then.

Sure, lol, WWE 2K19, Mutant Year Zero, Shadow of War, Shadow of Mordor, Watch Dogs 2, Star Wars Battlefront 2, Tekken 7, Lords of The Fallen, DOOM, Rainbow Six Siege, Warhammer Vermitide 2.. A bigger challenge would be naming recent AAA games that don't look better. lol

#23 Posted by with_teeth26 (9620 posts) -

this is a troll thread

I'm primarily a PC gamer, and played RDR2 on the BASE PS4 model, and that game looks amazing. God of War, Uncharted 4, the Forza Horizon games, all look fantastic on consoles.

30fps does suck but I can't take anyone seriously saying console graphics are crappy.

#24 Edited by Ross_the_Boss6 (3979 posts) -

@neutrinoworks: Agreed. It impresses me what devs can get these consoles to do and art style goes a long way.

As someone whose played games like Battlefield 5, Division, and Assassin’s Creed Origins maxed on PC at 1440p, some of my favorite looking games are exclusive to PS4. Even Switch games have their charm.

The only thing that bugs me is the lower frame rate. Hoping 60 can be standard next gen.

#25 Edited by uninspiredcup (34948 posts) -

Consoles do a better job with presentation than PC games, with few exceptions.

Halflife 2, Blizzard.

Many PC games run like shit and look artisticly bankrupt.

Almost every good looking game they have is a console port.

#26 Posted by freedomfreak (51270 posts) -
@paradocs said:
@freedomfreak said:
@paradocs said:

Keep going then.

Sure, lol, WWE 2K19, Mutant Year Zero, Shadow of War, Shadow of Mordor, Watch Dogs 2, Star Wars Battlefront 2, Tekken 7, Lords of The Fallen, DOOM, Rainbow Six Siege, Warhammer Vermitide 2.. A bigger challenge would be naming recent AAA games that don't look better. lol

Some already made me laugh like Soul Calibur 6 and Injustice 2. This response is bringing it to a new level, though.

Thank you.

#27 Edited by Paradocs (259 posts) -

@freedomfreak: The funny thing is that they actually do look better, I can tell you never played games on a PC. lol

Texture quality on Red Dead Redemption 2 is absolute garbage, Black Ops 4 is even worse.. I find it incredibly hard to believe that any PC gamer would be impressed by these, especially Black Ops 4. lol

#28 Edited by BoxRekt (2013 posts) -

@paradocs: If Red Dead Redemption 2 graphics are terrible, what are the PC games are you playing that make you think they are impressive?

#29 Posted by Paradocs (259 posts) -

@boxrekt: I've listed 18 games already. lol

#30 Posted by DaVillain- (38018 posts) -

Anyone who knows what to expect from consoles should already be inform to expect 30fps and shouldn't be Bitching about graphics either. I only buy Consoles to play exclusives and everything else is gonna be played on my PC cause I get better framerates and graphics at the same time.

What a joke of a thread and the TC should known better to what expect out of a console.

#31 Edited by BoxRekt (2013 posts) -

@paradocs said:

@Xabiss said:@paradocs said: My nephew got a PS4 for Christmas, and I let him hook it up so he could play his new games, and, man, Black Ops 4 and Red Dead Redemption 2 look incredibly terrible, and if that wasn't bad enough both games only ran in 30FPS.. You'd think terrible visuals would come with a high framerate, but nope, lol.. With that being said, I like RDR2's snow physics, but that's about it.. I had no idea the difference was THIS huge, Youtube comparisons are practically useless.. and this is coming from the perspective of somebody who games on a mid-ranged graphics card (RX 480), not a 1080 Ti. lol

They may say it "targets" 60 FPS, but that definitely wasn't 60 FPS, I don't know what game you played. lol

Quick fact check:

Loading Video...

Top Left hand corner.

60fps with minor dips to 57fps at worst points.

This was a base PS4.

Any more cool stories?

#32 Posted by Paradocs (259 posts) -

@boxrekt: It's funny for you to tell me I'm lying even though I literally just got done watching someone play it on PS4 Slim yesterday, whatever it was, it wasn't 60 FPS lol

#33 Edited by BoxRekt (2013 posts) -

@paradocs said:

@boxrekt: It's funny for you to tell me I'm lying even though I literally just got done watching someone play it on PS4 Slim yesterday, whatever it was, it wasn't 60 FPS lol

You just said it was 30fps, it's no where close to that.

You also said YOU got a PS4 for Christmas, but now you say you uhh WATCHED someone play?

:l

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#34 Posted by SolidGame_basic (24459 posts) -

You don't know what's bad.

#35 Edited by Paradocs (259 posts) -

@boxrekt: I said it was 30, cause that's what it looked like, and where the hell did you see me say I got one for Christmas? My nephew did, and I watched him play.. reading is fundamental. lol

#36 Posted by Diddies (2400 posts) -

@neutrinoworks said:

I have a pretty beefy PC (probably better than yours) and i think Console graphics are pretty damn awesome

No...it is night and day difference.

#37 Posted by Diddies (2400 posts) -

@boxrekt said:
@paradocs said:

You just said it was 30fps, it's no where close to that.

You also said YOU got a PS4 for Christmas, but now you say you uhh WATCHED someone play?

:l

You need to learn how to read. lol

#38 Posted by Paradocs (259 posts) -

I forgot to mention that my nephew was playing BO4 zombies, so maybe that impacted the framerate, but he was only on round 10, so the performance is still shit. lol

#39 Posted by BoxRekt (2013 posts) -

@paradocs said:

@boxrekt: I said it was 30, cause that's what it looked like, and where the hell did you see I got one for Christmas? My nephew did, and I watched him play.. reading is fundamental. lol

Cool so I did miss that part of your paragraph stating you nephew owned the PS4 and you make up arguments about random console games based on pre-invented propaganda spread by PC fanboys.

I guess we both have our flaws.

Mine, an error of oversight

Yours, an intentional spread of misinformation to seek validation for your system of choice.

#40 Posted by freedomfreak (51270 posts) -

@paradocs: Going by your obnoxious amount of the use "lol", i can safely assume it's morally okay for me to not talk to you anymore.

Also, was it a base ps4? Answer quickly and swiftly. lol.

#41 Posted by Paradocs (259 posts) -

@freedomfreak: Slim, so technically, yes? lol

#42 Posted by lamprey263 (36204 posts) -

And this is why we can't have nice things.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
#43 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (13699 posts) -

This thread won't last.

#44 Posted by freedomfreak (51270 posts) -

@paradocs: Oh.

#45 Posted by rmiller365 (796 posts) -

I think everything has it's pros and cons. I have a PS4 and an PC and while My PC has better performance, alot more PC games make me wonder why it release so horribly optimised, and going to the settings to adjust and correct it isn't something you need to worry about on consoles. I still love both platforms but each has a give and take.

#46 Posted by NeutrinoWorks (75 posts) -

@paradocs said:

@neutrinoworks: Sure you do. lol

Pretty sure, unless you have an RTX Titan lol

#47 Edited by BoxRekt (2013 posts) -
@paradocs said:

Did watching your nephew play console only Red Dead Redemption 2 make you insecure and make you need to seek validation for your weak PC that an even cheaper all in one console seemed equal or better than?

I have a GTX 1060 and you aren't doing much better than PS4 graphics wise and there honestly isn't anything more impressive than RDR2 on PC. The closest thing is Assassins Creed Odyssey but RDR2 is simply a more visually impressive game.

Chances are you got butthurt when you saw what a $299 all in one system could do and you needed people to agree with you that your $700 system was far better even if it's trash compared to PC gamers who actually care about graphics and framerate.

#48 Edited by Paradocs (259 posts) -

@boxrekt said:
@paradocs said:

Did watching your nephew play console only Red Dead Redemption 2 make you insecure and make you need to seek validation for your weak PC that an even cheaper all in one console seemed equal or better than?

I have a GTX 1060 and you aren't doing much better than PS4 graphics wise and there honestly isn't anything more impressive than RDR2 on PC. The closest thing is Assassins Creed Odyssey but RDR2 is simply a more visually impressive game.

Chances are you got butthurt when you saw what a $299 all in one system could do and you needed people to agree with you that your $700 system was far better even if it's trash compared to PC gamers who actually care about graphics and framerate.

Lmao, if it was that deep, I wouldn't have let him play in the first place, I was just surprised by how dookie it looked in comparison. lol

#49 Posted by BoxRekt (2013 posts) -

@paradocs said:
@boxrekt said:
@paradocs said:

Lmao, if it was that deep, I wouldn't have let him play in the first place, I was just surprised by how dookie it looked in comparison. lol

lol but you have a 480, you not getting any superior graphics with that. You getting 1080p at 60fps with most games at console settings and that's it.

Only way you get slightly better graphics is if you turn up settings at the price of framerate.

Validation confirmed.

#50 Posted by pdogg93 (1669 posts) -

Pc graphics are overrated. Most of your pc dorks play on crappy lcd monitors anyway. Consoles plugged into a nice oled or plasma look amazing.