I must admit, MS got me excited for Xbox Elite Wireless Controller series 2 day one purchase!

#1 Posted by DaVillain- (36401 posts) -

While MS E3 2019 press wasn't really to write home about, (besides Cyberpunk 2077) Their new Elite controller did and even I was impress, this new Elite Controller will be great for my PC giving the fact my original Elite is still good but it's showing it's age due to heavy gaming on it. Obviously I love all the improved functions and 3 presets but I have 2 gripes.

• Internal rechargeable battery. Goodbye swapping out batteries in the middle of a game. It's not a deal breaker but why do this? Now the controllers life is tied to the battery not the controller itself.
  • The rubber grips now go over the entire bottom of the controller. For those who have had the Elite for more than a year, you know what happens to those grips overtime especially with sweaty hands. Now enjoy it when most of the bottom half it peeled away.

It ain't cheap, $180 is pricey but hey, you get what you pay for and I know what I'm getting, a fucking good controller to be use everyday when KB/M isn't needed. What's your opinion on the new Elite Controller? Like it or hate it?

#2 Posted by DrLostRib (4885 posts) -

It looks nice, but the price seems like a big ask for a secondary input device

#3 Posted by Livecommander (1043 posts) -

When scarlet comes out they're gonna add 8 new features to this controller and then release yet another 200 dollar controller.

Looks good tho.

#4 Posted by Archangel3371 (27874 posts) -

Yeah it’s definitely pricey but hot damn does it ever look good. Never did get around to picking up an Elite controller but I certainly want to get this one.

#5 Posted by kuu2 (11149 posts) -

Already preordered.

#6 Posted by dagubot (1297 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

Already preordered.

Same. I want to use this on my PC when I'm not playing shooters or strategy games.

#7 Posted by Black96Z (820 posts) -

As much as i would love to have this controller im not going to be buying it. Not this late in the generation. My current Elite controller works just fine. Ill wait till next gen comes when they release the next gen elite controller.

#8 Edited by lundy86_4 (53076 posts) -

I do wanna grab it... My bumpers broke on my Elite, so hopefully they fixed that weak plastic with this revision. I'm using a regular One controller ATM, though it does have the rubber grips... One of those $80CAD ones.

#9 Posted by Evil_Loli (134 posts) -

At first, I was gonna pass on this due to that high price but looking back,and this thread, I think I can squeeze in a few more cash to buy this cause I do game alot on my Xbox One X. Yeah count me in, I'm buying this!!!

#10 Posted by shellcase86 (4391 posts) -

A rechargeable battery. Nice.

#11 Posted by Xabiss (2620 posts) -

I got one preordered also. Looks to be an awesome controller and I love my first elite.

#12 Posted by lundy86_4 (53076 posts) -

@shellcase86 said:

A rechargeable battery. Nice.

With a full-charge akin to Ninty's controllers. I've enjoyed my Elite with Eneloop Pros, and i've not regretted a thing.

#13 Posted by Xabiss (2620 posts) -

@Black96Z said:

As much as i would love to have this controller im not going to be buying it. Not this late in the generation. My current Elite controller works just fine. Ill wait till next gen comes when they release the next gen elite controller.

They have already stated that accessories now will work fine with Scarlet, unless you are saying you are waiting for Elite 3. :)

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#14 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4567 posts) -

I want to see a showing of how many lems no longer have a problem with rechargeable controllers now. LOL

#15 Posted by Evil_Loli (134 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin said:

I want to see a showing of how many lems no longer have a problem with rechargeable controllers now. LOL

And yet, when using AA batteries, they last much longer then DS4 ;)

#16 Posted by PinchySkree (1215 posts) -

I wonder how the directional pad fairs compared to what I've used so far

#17 Posted by NfamousLegend (346 posts) -

No one is talking about the next Xbox or Playstation controllers. I hope that they both put as much effort into their input device as they do in the silicon. Innovation has been a bit lacking from both of them. Is asking for the Series 2 to be base Anaconda controller asking too much? Can we get a 5000mah battery? Next gen haptic feedback?

#18 Posted by remiks00 (3816 posts) -

Ah damn, that is a really nice controller, I must admit. Although, like you, I'm kinda disappointed with the change to a non-removable battery; and I hope the rubber doesn't soften/peel easily from sweaty hands.

#19 Posted by KungfuKitten (26528 posts) -

$180 can get me another Sinden light gun so that's a tall order...

I am not super convinced of their quality control, but if the user reviews are good for this controller, then I will likely purrchase one down the road.

#20 Posted by Sevenizz (3810 posts) -

Love my Day One, love my standard, love my Titanfall, love my Custom, love my Elite - and soon my Elite 2!

Man, I’ve never bought more controllers in a single generation. I’m happy with them too so I don’t feel hosed.

#21 Posted by Steppy_76 (2695 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin: I wish they continued to allow aa batteries, but as long as the built ins get 30 hours of charge it is okay... not preferred but ok.

#22 Edited by Litchie (23852 posts) -

That price, lol wtf. And I thought Nintendo was insane.

Judging by the picture, did they **** up the D-pad again?

#23 Posted by Ant_17 (12407 posts) -

@Litchie said:

That price, lol wtf. And I thought Nintendo was insane.

Nintendo still insane, but MS is reaching them with this.

#24 Posted by FinalFighters (3179 posts) -

No thanks, im just fine with my white xbox elite controller.

#25 Edited by speedytimsi (953 posts) -

i am not gonna fork out $180+ for a controller. I can get a good mechanical keyboard + good mouse and still can buy me some groceries with the leftovers.

#26 Posted by Raining51 (1011 posts) -

@Archangel3371 said:

Yeah it’s definitely pricey but hot damn does it ever look good. Never did get around to picking up an Elite controller but I certainly want to get this one.

AGree

#27 Posted by I_P_Daily (11650 posts) -

I'm happy with the standard controller thanks. Having said that, when this is released the first elites should drop in price massively, so i might pick up one of them up if i can find one for the same price of a standard controller.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#28 Posted by SolidGame_basic (24150 posts) -

$180 is ridiculous.