I love Ubisoft and their games! but what they did with prince of persia remake is stupid!

AloneIn2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 AloneIn2020
Member since 2020 • 79 Posts

I really love this company and their games! I love the fact that they make new IPs with every generation! and I love that they make games from different genres! they do some fucked up shit like releasing unity unfinished! but overall, and in my opinion, they are much better then activision and ea!

but what they did this time with prince of persia remake is very wrong! the remake is literally a ps3 x360 game! and what's more it's one remake!! if they remake the whole trilogy this way, that might be okay! but one game?! very wrong! especially for a big company like them!

It would be wise if they price it for 30$! more than that is too much for a remake like this!

What do you think?

and do you think they will release the other two later in the same year?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

"i love Ubisoft and their games!" How is this even possible?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

Most Ubisoft games have been shit for years barring Rayman and (apparently) Rainbow 6: Siege, and even that's riddled with microtransactions.

If this is even two thirds the game of POP it will automatically be better than most of the predatory garbage they've farted out.

Yea, graphics are shit, but it's still early days, it's in the Alpha stage and it is a budget title.

It will get polished up, especially with the kickback it's getting.

AloneIn2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 AloneIn2020
Member since 2020 • 79 Posts

@hardwenzen:

I know you're been sarcastic. but if your not, then take a look at their page on wikipedia and see how many awesome and critically acclaimed games they made or published through out the years!

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hardwenzen

@alonein2020 said:

@hardwenzen:

I know you're been sarcastic. but if your not, then take a look at their page on wikipedia and see how many awesome and critically acclaimed games they made or published through out the years!

Oh you would be so wrong to think that i am sarcastic when its ubi related. Don't get me started on this dogshit company. Their games, gameplay wise, is exactly how not to make video games. They're literally the worse of the industry when it comes to entertaining gameplay.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7231 Posts

If this comes out at £60 looking like that its dead on arrival looks like your typical bargain bin game.

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

They should just sell the rights to their old ips. They can continue to milk their modern series to the end of time, idc.

I do feel kinda bad for the dev studio.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Most Ubisoft games have been shit for years barring Rayman and (apparently) Rainbow 6: Siege, and even that's riddled with microtransactions.

If this is even two thirds the game of POP it will automatically be better than most of the predatory garbage they've farted out.

Yea, graphics are shit, but it's still early days, it's in the Alpha stage and it is a budget title.

Rainbow six siege is also crap. its MLG MP game only. should be called counter strike siege as they turn it into counter strike.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

I don't even know how Ubisoft is still around. I bought Ass Creed Unity played it once and never again. This company sucks.

X-Series has no games though so maybe xbox guys will buy Valhalla cause they have actual no other games to buy its possible I guess.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

"i love Ubisoft and their games!" How is this even possible?

He was sleeping the last 15 years and just woke up to see last night's Ubisoft presentation.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By robert_sparkes

Valhalla and far cry 6 are the only ubisoft games that I'm slightly interested in everything else is a pass.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PC_Rocks
@uninspiredcup said:

Unhhhh....it's releasing in January and pretty sure the issue with it is budget. They are just throwing it out with as little effort as possible to gauge interest in the IP, kinda like Crysis but at least Crytek had a decency to call it a remaster and that also seems to have more effort put into it then this abomination. I mean even Crytek didn't outsource it to their Turkish studio.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Resident Evil 2 Remake looked next gen and I gladly gave Capcom my money. This looks like a turd. Get back to work Ubisoft.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

I enjoy some Ubisoft stuff like Assassin’s Creed and FarCry, that Immortal Fenyx Rising game looks very cool, but I never really got into the Prince of Persia games. Will probably pass on this remake regardless on how it ultimately turns out.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46272 Posts

I'm a sucker for Greek mythology and Gods and Monsters looked fresh at first.

But now it just looks bland. Like bland even by Ubisoft standards.

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1415 Posts

I thought it was extremely funny when that person who announced the game only uses two fingers to type on keyboard LOL

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I loved this series on PS2 but yeah... this looks like a PS3 game. It's not anywhere near what it should be graphically by today's standards. Ubi needs to delay the game and get those graphics on par with at least today's graphics... they don't even need to push for next gen graphics though that would be smart.

As of now, this once favorite game will be a pass from me and I'll just continue to play the PS2 version.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10435 Posts
@alonein2020 said:

@hardwenzen:

what wikipedia won't tell you is what us old and grumbling forum dwellers are saying. that's where the real insight is

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#19 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

The new PoP character model is derpy as freaking hell.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

New screenshots show a definitively better build, but it's still wholly lacklustre.

I'm not sure what Ubi were on, but it better be some good stuff.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hardwenzen

Makes me wonder, for how many more generations will will see 1-2 trailers of beyond good n evil and still nothing comes out. Is this dev trolling?

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#22  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

Ubisoft needs to get their Montreal team to work on the POP SOT remake. It's clearly too much to handle for the Indian team, which just doesn't have the technical expertise for AAA projects. Maybe the Montreal and Indian teams can collab, with Montreal handling the technical side and the Indian team handling the art design.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

Already have the trilogy on Gamecube, so this is a hard pass.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#24 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

It looks so ugly. Im so upset. I loved this game

Avatar image for deactivated-611a8cd6e3c93
deactivated-611a8cd6e3c93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-611a8cd6e3c93
Member since 2013 • 421 Posts
@lundy86_4 said:

New screenshots show a definitively better build, but it's still wholly lacklustre.

I'm not sure what Ubi were on, but it better be some good stuff.

Ugh, the left screenshot just needed better textures, it actually looks like they did make an attempt at some sort of art style/direction.
On the right it looks like your everyday generic low-effort texture/character PC mod...🤢

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

I personally think Prince of Persia: Sands of Time remake looks okay but nothing mind blowing mind you. Is the gameplay smooth is that should be more important than graphics people, graphics are always going to be eye candy. That said, I already own Prince of Persia: Sands of Time on GoG and the PC version is more good enough for me, so this remake doesn't do it for me. Of course, if this was the whole trilogy, I would have consider buying it.

Gamers sure love to bash Ubisoft even though Ubi treats PC gamers with respect and that's something I can get behind when it comes to their games. Oh and did I mention, I love open-world games :)

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By PC_Rocks

@Jag85 said:

Ubisoft needs to get their Montreal team to work on the POP SOT remake. It's clearly too much to handle for the Indian team, which just doesn't have the technical expertise for AAA projects. Maybe the Montreal and Indian teams can collab, with Montreal handling the technical side and the Indian team handling the art design.

Budget, my friend budget. It's a cheap effort to gauge interest in the franchise, nothing more. Otherwise do you really think if it was AC they would have outsourced it to Ubisoft India?

EDIT: It might also be a case of licensing. If they don't release a game in 'X' amount of time the rights will go back to the creator.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PC_Rocks

@davillain- said:

Gamers sure love to bash Ubisoft even though Ubi treats PC gamers with respect and that's something I can get behind when it comes to their games. Oh and did I mention, I love open-world games :)

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

@pc_rocks: I explain it several times here. And for a PC gamer such as yourself, you should at least know that. Ubi may not be the best but at least they are better than Activision/EA combine.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 PC_Rocks

@davillain- said:

@pc_rocks: I explain it several times here. And for a PC gamer such as yourself, you should at least know that. Ubi may not be the best but at least they are better than Activision/EA combine.

Oh really? Their CEO openly called all PC gamers pirates. They asked their teams to treat PC versions as after thoughts for a long time. They were the first to introduce online only DRM for SP games. They didn't release PoP 2008 DLC on PC for the same reason. They didn't put PoP classic remake on PC last gen for the same reason when it was free with PoP 2008. Need I go on?

EA and Activision combined didn't go as far as Ubisoft. EA PC ports have always been competent and Activision well, they haven't really published much outside of CoD so I don't remember how they treated PC gamers any worse than Ubisoft.

It's only some years that Ubisoft changed their tune because PC game sales have been consistently outpacing consoles.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 robert_sparkes

It looks very lacklustre when you see the quality of FF7 remake and Resident evil 2 it makes this look like a cash grab.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Sarcastic thread/post?

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#34 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5247 Posts

Is the opposition to the Sands of Time remake is due to the updated, but not finalized character designs?