I like my PS3, but why can't consoles have nice AF and AA (lots of pics)?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dunamistheou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dunamistheou
Member since 2005 • 4744 Posts
Preface Before you think I am a troll, I think R:FOM on the PS3 has the most consistent framerate I have seen on a console in a while. Usually it's nice and buttery smooth, unlike Gears of War which is just around 30fps with motion blur. Grant it, the motion blur does help, but I'd rather have 60fps+motion blur. :)
Preface Part B If your browser resizes all the images, aliasing will appear and ruin the point of the thread :P
Ok, I like playing the PS3, it's nice and everything, but it needs better AF and AA. I just got my replacement card, and it's putting out some purty pictures.

I only wish I could play Motorstorm on my PC and tweak with the picture-quality settings. :D

1280x1024 on my older 17" LCD(using my LCD instead of my CRT, the CRT's picture is fading so I'm going to get rid of it soon, I'll miss my IBM P275 21" CRT, best $135 I ever spent :) )

16, super-sampling, gamma correct AA
High Quality Picture Images
16xAF
the max detail, and LOD is on clamp as well.

If you want to see the FPS it's getting, just check the number at the lower right. Using FRAPS and capturing images in PNG (basically lossless image quality) does knock the FPS down a little usually, however. ;)
dunamistheou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 dunamistheou
Member since 2005 • 4744 Posts
Two more