I hope MS never shuts Xbox down

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for GiveMeSomething
GiveMeSomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 GiveMeSomething
Member since 2007 • 1323 Posts

As a cow, I need MS. If they cancel their gaming division; Sony will just get lazy and release pure crap (see nintendo with Wii U after Wiis success).

The sole purpose IMO of xboxs existance is to make Playstation better. Please exist, dont be good though, cuz thatd take away some of our customers.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

"I want Playstation to have competition. But I don't want the competition to actually compete with Playstation."

Do you even understand how competition works? ?

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

Good glory not teh salezzzz

SinjinSmythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 SinjinSmythe
Member since 2008 • 1049 Posts

I like Santa.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

You people need to stop with the myth that Sony needs competition.

Sony Dominated with PS1/PS2 and were some of the best consoles ever. They had ALL the games.

Sony doesn't rest on their laurels. I promise you if Xbox died, Sony would still release a powerful PS5 at a reasonable price, game prices would stay the same, but you would have every single developer working on one mega console giving it the best game library of all time.

These games would drop drastically in prices because of the influx of competition which is a huge win for consumers.

Game developers wouldn't have to make anymore downgraded Xbox or

Nintendo versions.

I don't understand why all of you just assume if only Sony existed they would charge $1000 for a console. LOL. You guys are nuts.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@stuff238 said:

Sony Dominated with PS1/PS2 and were some of the best consoles ever. They had ALL the games.

Sony doesn't rest on their laurels. I promise you if Xbox died, Sony would still release a powerful PS5 at a reasonable price, game prices would stay the same, but you would have every single developer working on one mega console giving it the best game library of all time.

These games would drop drastically in prices because of the influx of competition which is a huge win for consumers.

Nintendo versions.

I don't understand why all of you just assume if only Sony existed they would charge $1000 for a console. LOL. You guys are nuts.

Someone doesn't understand how monopolies work

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AdobeArtist  Moderator
@stuff238 said:

Nintendo versions.

You're joking, right? It's BECAUSE Playstation dominated in it's first two generations that we saw the arrogance of Sony with the release of PS3. It may not have been $1000 but $600 was still damn steep, and a hard sell for many gamers with lower priced products readily available. But Sony was so confident in the "unquestionable consumer loyalty" in the PS brand, they defended that price with statements like, "people will work extra jobs to buy our system", even going so far as to claim, "PS3 will sell even without games" And let's not forget the slow title release in the first 3 - 3.5 years of the PS3 life span.

Sony felt perfectly entitled not to make any effort in marketing the PS3, once again assured in the brand loyalty garnered in the previous generations and look how much that cost them - losing a substantial slice of the market share they once held. Do you forget that PS3 didn't hold the first place position as PS1 and PS2 did? They had to release their price reduced slim model to begin regaining their consumer interest, and still throughout the generation it was a struggle for them to catch up with Xbox 360, never even mind both being far behind Nintendo Wii.

Make no mistake Sony learned a harsh lesson from their 3rd generation, and how much stake they lost to Microsoft and Nintendo, they stepped up their game to make the PS4 what it is. And they were wised up not to repeat mistakes, offering the best possible hardware within a reasonable launch price. But then once again secured in their newfound success, with Xbox and Nintendo being well behind and not seen as a threat to their current dominance.... they saw fit to raise the cost of their online service.

So do you SEE how competition works? The consequences of lack of competition aren't necessarily felt in the immediate time frame, but are more often seen down the road, what unchallenged successes leads to in the form of expectations of brand loyalty, a company then believes they can succeed with only minimal effort.

Competition keeps them on their guard, and demands they have to earn their profits, not simply coast by while it comes in being the only game in town.

Oh and if you're going to use the "downgrade" argument of developing for the lowest common denominator (never even mind that most multiplats ran better on X360) then you MUST concede that Playstation, same as any console, is holding back games on PC that need to be downgraded as well.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

lmao at that cow claiming SONY didn't have competition with the PS1/2

were you even born?

senator990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 senator990
Member since 2010 • 95 Posts

It's not an as one-sided competition as you claim it to be. Sony hasn't got and will never get something like Halo. They actually pretty much suck at FPS genre and the proof is that they've stopped publishing Killzone and Resistance. Now, the majority of Sony's exclusive games are all TPS! So yeah, you are right. Sony needs competition or we all will be drowned by typical TPS games flooding the market!

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

Are you kidding not only will they rest on their laurels but if shit huts the fan they will give up easily. Look at the how badly they managed the vita. Could have easily made a turn around if they cheapened the memory cards or allowed third party cards. Honestly the vita was a beast wasted on Sony. I may prefer playstation but even I know sony is fragile

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@Celsius765 said:

Are you kidding not only will they rest on their laurels but if shit huts the fan they will give up easily. Look at the how badly they managed the vita. Could have easily made a turn around if they cheapened the memory cards or allowed third party cards. Honestly the vita was a beast wasted on Sony. I may prefer playstation but even I know sony is fragile

Yeah I remember in 2013-14 after the PS4 launched I really wanted to get my hands on a VITA, but it was never in stock, and I even had a SONY fanboy talk me out of it when I was at Best Buy.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#12  Edited By Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2948 Posts

@senator990 said:

It's not an as one-sided competition as you claim it to be. Sony hasn't got and will never get something like Halo. They actually pretty much suck at FPS genre and the proof is that they've stopped publishing Killzone and Resistance. Now, the majority of Sony's exclusive games are all TPS! So yeah, you are right. Sony needs competition or we all will be drowned by typical TPS games flooding the market!

I'm pretty sure Sony saw Halo 5 and was all like

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#13 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

@GiveMeSomething said:

As a cow, I need MS. If they cancel their gaming division; Sony will just get lazy and release pure crap (see nintendo with Wii U after Wiis success).

The sole purpose IMO of xboxs existance is to make Playstation better. Please exist, dont be good though, cuz thatd take away some of our customers.

You mean, like they currently are?

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

@AdobeArtist said:

You're joking, right? It's BECAUSE Playstation dominated in it's first two generations that we saw the arrogance of Sony with the release of PS3. It may not have been $1000 but $600 was still damn steep, and a hard sell for many gamers with lower priced products readily available. But Sony was so confident in the "unquestionable consumer loyalty" in the PS brand, they defended that price with statements like, "people will work extra jobs to buy our system", even going so far as to claim, "PS3 will sell even without games" And let's not forget the slow title release in the first 3 - 3.5 years of the PS3 life span.

You know, you don't have to respond to ridiculousness with more ridiculousness. Sony never stated, "people will work extra jobs to buy our system". And while there was a $600 model, there was also a $500 one. This also ignores the fact that it cost Sony nearly $900 just to manufacture that console they were selling for $600 - really not an act of a corporation taking advantage of its customers.

nygamespotter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nygamespotter
Member since 2016 • 523 Posts

Agreed. Xbox is an icon. In my places in America, Xbox to them is like Nintendo to those who grew up in the 80s.

DrRollinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DrRollinstein
Member since 2016 • 1163 Posts

This is implying the Wii U didnt have tons of good games. And that it didnt suffer from poor everything else besides games.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#17 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Hope they do, then more people will become PC gamers.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

Yes, competition is a good thing, I agree. And competitors matching features just reinforces their importance. MS did great things in the Xbox 360 days I'd say the PlayStation has benifited greatly from doing as well.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 AdobeArtist  Moderator

@asylumni said:
@AdobeArtist said:

You know, you don't have to respond to ridiculousness with more ridiculousness. Sony never stated, "people will work extra jobs to buy our system". And while there was a $600 model, there was also a $500 one. This also ignores the fact that it cost Sony nearly $900 just to manufacture that console they were selling for $600 - really not an act of a corporation taking advantage of its customers.

https://kotaku.com/5985243/thanks-for-all-the-memes-ps3

https://gizmodo.com/111266/ps3-to-be-really-spensive

http://www.gamesradar.com/our-10-favorite-ken-kutaragi-quotes/

https://www.engadget.com/2005/07/06/sony-wants-you-to-earn-that-playstation-3/

Yeah. I did not make that up, it's actually something Ken Kuturagi said. I paraphrased before, but here's the original quote;

"We want consumers to think to themselves 'I will work more hours to buy one.' We want people to feel that they want it, irrespective of anything else."

Sony was drilling the idea that PS3 was going to be so wanted (maybe even needed) by everybody regardless of price, they'd work as many hours as they had to just for this one device alone.

And we all knew that PS3 was originally more expensive to manufacture than it's launch price. That's pretty much how it is for most (if not all) new tech put out on the market. That's the nature of new tech, components are more expensive in the beginning.

It's called a loss-leader, which is common practice. Companies sell hardware within an acceptable loss margin early on in the hopes of making their real source of revenue from the software. They gotta get the primary product into homes which can then bring in the replenishable form of revenue coming in, the software that is releasing at a regular rate. And how that comes in at higher mass quantities as each user can buy more games than hardware boxes, helps recover from this early loss. The same is seen when DVD players were new, pricey as they were, were still sold at a loss so people would bring in the real revenue from discs. same with Blu Ray players. Printers are another example; the machine itself is sold at a loss, so people keep filling up on ink cartridges.

Of course that's just in the early stages. as cost of components go down in time, along with manufacturer refinement processes and other cheaper materials being substituted, the production makes a turn around where each unit can be sold at a profit. It's always a long term strategy where expense and revenue balance out over the long haul. At least that's the aim in how the market is played.

So this is hardly anything philanthropic that Sony should be patted on the back for. It's just the nature of the business that's practiced by all tech manufacturers.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

@stuff238 said:

Nintendo versions.

You need to understand that Sony themselves are the ones who proved they need competition.

You're right, Sony dominated with PS2, but it wasn't just because of games. A huge reason the PS2 did so well was because it was cheaper to buy than most DVD players. I'm not saying exclusive games didn't help it's success, but I knew far more people that owned a PS2 as a DVD player, than I did people who actually played games on it.

Sony absolutely would rest on their laurels. They did so with the PS3. They released it with a processor that no developer could easily use, and for an incredibly unrealistic price, which set Microsoft up to snag the early lead from them with the X360, which they did.

Games would NOT drop drastically in price. They'd remain the same as they are, because they know that's the price the market is willing to pay.

Developers would still have to downgrade there games from the PC version to the still inferior PlayStation version.

You should understand why we assume that, because last time Sony thought they where untouchable, they tried to release the PS3 at $499, against the hugely popular Wii at just $249, and the very similar X360 at just $299 and it took them over half the generation to recover.

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sovkhan
Member since 2015 • 1591 Posts

No one in his right mind wants this ^^

Competition is always good, not in SW i know...

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts

I really hope they stick around to because competition is good and as a gamer I've been benefiting quite nicely from this especially from Microsoft this gen.

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23 Tigerbalm
Member since 2017 • 1118 Posts

Good healthy competition is always a great thing. However, shitty competition that's barely viable, which is what the Xbox is doing, is not good for the market.

GiveMeSomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GiveMeSomething

@tigerbalm said:

Good healthy competition is always a great thing. However, shitty competition that's barely viable, which is what the Xbox is doing, is not good for the market.

I just dont like what MS has to offer... not ever. I would not survive if it becomes the main console again like back in the 360 days. I barely played any games during that era thanks to MS.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

I do like playing on windows but If anything I think it will be windows they will first shut down. I think there will be something else for the internet that if MS doesn't move that to consoles too. I don't think consoles will ever get shut down there just too many people now to buy them. Developers are more focusing on better ports to consoles to PC too. I still choose windows over consoles though so I hope that doesn't happen.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@stuff238: Lmao... you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@tigerbalm said:

Barely viable? Is that why cows continue to create post on the X1 or the X1X? Don't let your fanboy goggles cloud your views. X1 is neither shitty nor "barely viable". You are what's wrong with gamers and SWs

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 AdobeArtist  Moderator

@GiveMeSomething said:
@tigerbalm said:

I just dont like what MS has to offer... not ever. I would not survive if it becomes the main console again like back in the 360 days. I barely played any games during that era thanks to MS.

What stopped you from simply playing games on the PS3 back then? Or more of them, and more often?

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@skipper847 said:

I do like playing on windows but If anything I think it will be windows they will first shut down. I think there will be something else for the internet that if MS doesn't move that to consoles too. I don't think consoles will ever get shut down there just too many people now to buy them. Developers are more focusing on better ports to consoles to PC too. I still choose windows over consoles though so I hope that doesn't happen.

Yeah, no. Microsoft would nuke the Xbox box and all gaming divisions long before they let go of the near monopoly they have on the PC operating system market. Without Windows, MS has nothing (not strictly true but it is their cash cow).

GiveMeSomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 GiveMeSomething

@AdobeArtist: Sony honestly didnt make enough quality games... I played uncharted... and some others i dont remember... but it was just not enough. I got spoiled with the ps2 I guess....

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#31 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Nah, they can die. SEGA can come back instead

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 AdobeArtist  Moderator

@GiveMeSomething said:

@AdobeArtist: Sony honestly didnt make enough quality games... I played uncharted... and some others i dont remember... but it was just not enough. I got spoiled with the ps2 I guess....

So will you finally concede that Sony, that ALL companies get complacent without competition? That they all need competition to be motivated to produce better quality products and more of them.

GiveMeSomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 GiveMeSomething

@AdobeArtist said:
@GiveMeSomething said:

So will you finally concede that Sony, that ALL companies get complacent without competition? That they all need competition to be motivated to produce better quality products and more of them.

It goes both ways though. During the 360 era, xbox games were also VERY bad. Forza, halo, and gears. Disgusting.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#34 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

@stuff238: Sony always had competition though there was Nintendo and Sega during the psone days and Xbox DC GC. Ps2 era so to act as if Sony would be ok without competition that would be very bad

As there's no one to keep Sony on thier toes they will start being lazy and rising prices also will be likely w very little reason to drop

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

were you even born?

Lol

PS1 -> N64

PS2 -> GameCube -> Xbox (original)

They definitely had competition and with PS1 were the new kids on the block with weaker hardware. Likely whoever commented they didn't have competition wasn't alive in those eras.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#36 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

Sony has been lazy most of the gen. Where have you been? They have been riding high off hype and third parties with few of their own games. They have said no to EA access, no to cross play, no to BC, no to 4K blu ray, etc.

If MS hadnt had their huge screw up the current console landscape could be very different. It takes competition and failure to turn things around.

Look how Ms has turned the Xbone around. See how Sony turned the PS3 around once it pulled its head out of its ass. Once Nintendo realized they had to actually market their damn hardware and have games releasing for it the Switch has been flying off shelves since day one.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@Phazevariance said:
@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

were you even born?

Lol

PS1 -> N64

PS2 -> GameCube -> Xbox (original)

They definitely had competition and with PS1 were the new kids on the block with weaker hardware. Likely whoever commented they didn't have competition wasn't alive in those eras.

Guessing you guys are talking about stuff238's post and while I'd agree it's largely a load of wank, it's not like he meant there were literally no competing consoles lol. Come on dudes.

Pretty obvious that he just meant there was no contest. PS1 ran away with all the 3rd parties and effortlessly dominated the N64, outselling it nearly 3 times over. In the face of the PS2, the Gamecube and Xbox were minor annoyances at best.

Sony was definitely operating in their own space during gens 5 and 6. They never saw real competition until the 360 came about.

soapandbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By soapandbubbles
Member since 2010 • 3412 Posts

lol xbox is no competition, been happening since the release of the xbone.

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

@AdobeArtist said:
@asylumni said:
@AdobeArtist said:

https://kotaku.com/5985243/thanks-for-all-the-memes-ps3

https://gizmodo.com/111266/ps3-to-be-really-spensive

http://www.gamesradar.com/our-10-favorite-ken-kutaragi-quotes/

https://www.engadget.com/2005/07/06/sony-wants-you-to-earn-that-playstation-3/

Yeah. I did not make that up, it's actually something Ken Kuturagi said. I paraphrased before, but here's the original quote;

"We want consumers to think to themselves 'I will work more hours to buy one.' We want people to feel that they want it, irrespective of anything else."

Sony was drilling the idea that PS3 was going to be so wanted (maybe even needed) by everybody regardless of price, they'd work as many hours as they had to just for this one device alone.

And we all knew that PS3 was originally more expensive to manufacture than it's launch price. That's pretty much how it is for most (if not all) new tech put out on the market. That's the nature of new tech, components are more expensive in the beginning.

It's called a loss-leader, which is common practice. Companies sell hardware within an acceptable loss margin early on in the hopes of making their real source of revenue from the software. They gotta get the primary product into homes which can then bring in the replenishable form of revenue coming in, the software that is releasing at a regular rate. And how that comes in at higher mass quantities as each user can buy more games than hardware boxes, helps recover from this early loss. The same is seen when DVD players were new, pricey as they were, were still sold at a loss so people would bring in the real revenue from discs. same with Blu Ray players. Printers are another example; the machine itself is sold at a loss, so people keep filling up on ink cartridges.

Of course that's just in the early stages. as cost of components go down in time, along with manufacturer refinement processes and other cheaper materials being substituted, the production makes a turn around where each unit can be sold at a profit. It's always a long term strategy where expense and revenue balance out over the long haul. At least that's the aim in how the market is played.

So this is hardly anything philanthropic that Sony should be patted on the back for. It's just the nature of the business that's practiced by all tech manufacturers.

Yeah, I'm aware of where you derived it from, that how I knew it was ridiculous. You completely changed the meaning of the message, that's not paraphrasing, that's misquoting. When asked their goal inn the design of the PS3, Kuteragi offered an analogy describing their high ambitions for the design, how desirable they wanted it to be. You twisted it into him telling people to work more. That's nowhere close to the same.

I'm also aware of the loss-leaded strategy, highly popularized by razor blade companies. None of the current gen consoles launched at anywhere near such a loss. I also never said it was out of generosity (It's actually a pretty cruel business move to pour pressure on competition), but tip use it as an example of what Sony would do with a monopoly is absurd. There's no way they would take a loss like that without competition to undermine.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60711 Posts

Me too, even though MS dropped core in 2009, its nice to have them around.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

@Heil68 said:

So by your logic, Sony dropped core last year for VR aka Kinect 2.0. lol

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

"The sole purpose IMO of xboxs existance is to make Playstation better. Please exist, dont be good though, cuz thatd take away some of our customers."

You can dream and fantasies all you want, but the reality is Microsoft are an innovative and competitive business, they will strengthen and learn from their mistakes. Competition will always be there for Sony Playstation no matter what happens.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60711 Posts

@xhawk27 said:
@Heil68 said:

With the avalanche of world class gaming and 3 top 10 GOATs? Hardly.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

@xhawk27 said:
@Heil68 said:

Welp , Sony released The Last Guardian , MLB The Show 17 , Gravity Rush 2 , Horizon Zero Dawn , Uncharted The Lost Legacy , Everybody's Golf , and Knack II already post PSVR.

In 2011 , 2012 , and 2013 after Kinect , it was pretty much the Halo , Gears , Forza , Forza H , show at retail for 360.

Sony's going to add GT Sport , MLB series , God of War , Detroit Become Human , Spider-man , Days Gone , Dreams , The Last of Us part II , etc.

That makes 14+ games or franchises for Sony , and 4 for Microsoft. Microsoft let you guys down big time , but you still defend them ? :( sadface :( I wish you guys cared more about games more than corporate loyalty. At this point , I guess there's nothing they can do that will upset you .I guess we'll just keep laughing at you.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#47  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I don't think we'd even notice. I'm more concerned about them releasing another console. Every time they did that, they tried doing something bad for the consumer. Charging for online play, achievements/death of unlocks, DRM station, no quality control. What will it be next time? You can only buy games to play them for a month and then you need to repurchase? That's what I'm fearing.

You guys talk about competition, but what about the fact of having MS around at all? The PC and Nintendo would still provide some competition it's not like Sony could just get away with upping their console price by 50% or something.

SheepKilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SheepKilla
Member since 2005 • 589 Posts

They can support the gaming division indefinitely due to huge sums of money made elsewhere. They can fail constantly and never run out of money. Any other company would've been bankrupted 10 times over by the disaster that is the XBOX brand. Remember 360's Red Ring of Death and that entire fiasco with it blowing up people's houses? Rushing out a broken product for market share advantage? I myself personally filed a lawsuit in Superior Court against Micro$oft in those times with my lawyer. Their chump lawyers settled for a few thousand dollars, but still, at least it was something to hold them accountable for fraud. Good times.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44049 Posts

"Please exist, dont be good though, cuz thatd take away some of our customers."

:P

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

If people actually believe not having competition in the console market is a good thing they are truly idiots.