I have been wanting to play DEAD RISING for nearly two years now.....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Guyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Guyper
Member since 2004 • 3879 Posts

I thought the wait was gonna be finally over when they announced that it will be ported to WII but oh my god, I can't believe they butchered it!! I want to play "DEAD RISING" not "ANOTHER CLONE OF RESIDENT EVIL 4" game. If I want to do headshots on zombies with the help of wiimote, I'll just play back RE4 WII. What I found so compelling in DEAD RISING is that it's nothing like any other zombie games we've ever played but now, they just turn it into another RE? That's great.

Oh and another bad thing I've heard is that the WII version will feature less zombies on screen at once than 360 one due to WII limitations.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts
This is why I don't WAIT to play games, certainly not for TWO FRIGGIN' Years. I'm sorry that you're still waiting even now, but you really should consider getting the original version. Heck, in that two years, you could have saved up and bought a 360, just saying.
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts
i have yet to finish Dead Rising on 360, but lost interest in the game....
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts
i have yet to finish Dead Rising on 360, but lost interest in the game....
o0_L0st_B0y_0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 o0_L0st_B0y_0o
Member since 2006 • 1307 Posts

couldn't you have just played it at a friends house? did you really think they would of made the wii verson as good as the 360 version?  

it was pretty obvious they were going to butcher it imo it hasn't got the power for games like that 

lonsy02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lonsy02
Member since 2005 • 731 Posts
just get L4D for pc theres going to be tons of mods
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
its an awesome game. As soon as I saw it in a magazine I HAD to play it (back when it was first announced, and Frank looked like a Gnome). So when I bought my 360 the first two games I had were Dead Rising (and GeOW). Safe to say Dead Rising was an awesome game, one of my console favourites of the generation.
Eddie5vs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Eddie5vs1
Member since 2004 • 6085 Posts
i have yet to finish Dead Rising on 360, but lost interest in the game.... Malta_1980
Same here. I bought it and sold it a month later. The save system is just horrid.
Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Episode_Eve
Member since 2004 • 16986 Posts
Aww, man. Dead Rising is one of my favorite games this gen! I'm sorry about that, but you could try to save up for a 360 or PS3 for all the great games not on Wii :(.
farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 farnham
Member since 2003 • 21147 Posts

Id just wait until the final version ships as the version the media saw is just an early tech demo

and Dead Rising on the 360 has several issues (mainly the controlls) which could be fixed with the Wii build

I would go and buy a 360 though since its relatively cheap now and Dead Rising is a pretty good game.. 

farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 farnham
Member since 2003 • 21147 Posts

Id just wait until the final version ships as the version the media saw is just an early tech demo

and Dead Rising on the 360 has several issues (mainly the controlls) which could be fixed with the Wii build

I would go and buy a 360 though since its relatively cheap now and Dead Rising is a pretty good game.. 

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts
Dead Rising is still one of my fav 360 experiences. Fantastic game. Loved that the timer always keeps you on your toes. Takes an open world game and keeps you from wasting time.
Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts
[QUOTE="Malta_1980"]i have yet to finish Dead Rising on 360, but lost interest in the game.... Eddie5vs1
Same here. I bought it and sold it a month later. The save system is just horrid.

The save system...as long as you knew about it beforehand...was fine but when playing the game you had to make a choice. 1. Follow the story and forget saving people 2. save people but lose the story. As long as you knew which way you wanted to play you had to prepare to save accordingly. Brings some of the "urgency" and "panic" that many other zombie games lack.
Rhubarb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Rhubarb9
Member since 2006 • 2352 Posts
dude its your fault for thinking a non-nintendo game is gonna be good on wii
LULZ
jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts
just get L4D for pc theres going to be tons of modslonsy02
That's why I haven't picked up the 360 version. Trying to save enough cash to build a decent gaming PC and pick up L4D on PC.
FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FirstDiscovery
Member since 2008 • 5508 Posts
[QUOTE="skrat_01"]its an awesome game. As soon as I saw it in a magazine I HAD to play it (back when it was first announced, and Frank looked like a Gnome). So when I bought my 360 the first two games I had were Dead Rising (and GeOW). Safe to say Dead Rising was an awesome game, one of my console favourites of the generation.

Yeah the game gets a lot of love, and shockingly sold really well
Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts
[QUOTE="Malta_1980"]i have yet to finish Dead Rising on 360, but lost interest in the game.... Eddie5vs1

Zombie games are overrated IMO... I'm not saying zombie games are bad games, in fact DR and L4D are great, but the amount of praise Dead Rising and now L4D is getting, the hype is inflated because people are obsessed with zombies
FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FirstDiscovery
Member since 2008 • 5508 Posts
[QUOTE="Eddie5vs1"][QUOTE="Malta_1980"]i have yet to finish Dead Rising on 360, but lost interest in the game.... Couth_

Zombie games are overrated IMO... I'm not saying zombie games are bad games, in fact DR and L4D are great, but the amount of praise Dead Rising and now L4D is getting, the hype is inflated because people are obsessed with zombies

Dead Rising is totally unique and very Japanese yet Western in its design, thats why it gets so much love because people are sick of the samey crap
Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts
[QUOTE="Couth_"][QUOTE="Eddie5vs1"] Same here. I bought it and sold it a month later. The save system is just horrid.FirstDiscovery

Dead Rising is totally unique and very Japanese yet Western in its design, thats why it gets so much love because people are sick of the samey crap

Like I said it's a great game, but if it wasn't zombies then it wouldnt get so much love
Locke562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Locke562
Member since 2004 • 7673 Posts
Dead Rising 360  Dead Rising Wii
Mr_Cumberdale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 Mr_Cumberdale
Member since 2004 • 10189 Posts
I'm glad I have the 360 version. :) I think the best part was seeing a huge amount of zombies on screen at once. I was amazed at how 'massive' it was when I first played it
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
[QUOTE="FirstDiscovery"][QUOTE="skrat_01"]its an awesome game. As soon as I saw it in a magazine I HAD to play it (back when it was first announced, and Frank looked like a Gnome). So when I bought my 360 the first two games I had were Dead Rising (and GeOW). Safe to say Dead Rising was an awesome game, one of my console favourites of the generation.

Yeah the game gets a lot of love, and shockingly sold really well

Yep, it deserved too.
Dead Rising is totally unique and very Japanese yet Western in its design, thats why it gets so much love because people are sick of the samey crapFirstDiscovery
Yeah it had VERY unusual design - that was totally cross culture. It was great that the game didnt take itself seriously, and rolled with the over the top camp style - but still managed to string together a good story and characters.