I have a controvercial statemeant to make about the Oblivion expansion.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for NicktehImperial
NicktehImperial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 NicktehImperial
Member since 2007 • 4243 Posts
You know the Oblivion Shivering isles expansion, I think its going for high AAA, maybe AAAA, no bodys been hyping it, but I think it'll become a cult classic like Morrowind, BUT with the amazing Oblivion graphics and fighting system. Also it looks more like its introducing a more strange alien world and more roleplaying with NPC's, a more compicated main storyline, and of course more memorable moments. Thats my opinion.
BlueCash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 BlueCash
Member since 2006 • 518 Posts
Regardless I can't wait to play it.
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 cobrax25
Member since 2006 • 9649 Posts
No, unless its a blizzard game.... AAA expantions are almost imposible.
jachichorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jachichorro
Member since 2004 • 3058 Posts
It's just an expansion, no need to make a big fuss about it.
NicktehImperial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NicktehImperial
Regardless I can't wait to play it.BlueCash
I'm getting it for Easter.
NicktehImperial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NicktehImperial
It's just an expansion, no need to make a big fuss about it.jachichorro
Yeah but its not like Knights of the nine where it just adds a new main qeust, thisn one adds a new world to go to and explore and that world has its own qeusts and places like Cyrodiil. (The place where Oblivion takes place.)
NicktehImperial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NicktehImperial
[QUOTE="cobrax25"]No, unless its a blizzard game.... AAA expantions are almost imposible.

What do you mean by blizzard game?
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cobrax25
[QUOTE="NicktehImperial"][QUOTE="cobrax25"]No, unless its a blizzard game.... AAA expantions are almost imposible.

Blizzard is a developer which is well known for being the only company to have virtually all AAA games on GS. Even their expansions are constantly AAA.
BillGreen68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BillGreen68
Member since 2004 • 12361 Posts
So, we're sure the expansion is going to get rated?
jachichorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jachichorro
Member since 2004 • 3058 Posts
[QUOTE="jachichorro"]It's just an expansion, no need to make a big fuss about it.NicktehImperial
Yeah but its not like Knights of the nine where it just adds a new main qeust, thisn one adds a new world to go to and explore and that world has its own qeusts and places like Cyrodiil. (The place where Oblivion takes place.)

Lol I know what Cyrodiil is, I have the game, put more than 400 hours into it :P I just think it will never score as high as the original because the gameplay mechanics will be the same. They need to add some new spells, items, fix the leveling system and much more for it to get 9.6.
NicktehImperial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NicktehImperial
[QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="NicktehImperial"][QUOTE="cobrax25"]No, unless its a blizzard game.... AAA expantions are almost imposible.

Blizzard is a developer which is well known for being the only company to have virtually all AAA games on GS. Even their expansions are constantly AAA.

Oh I thaught you meant an actual blizzard, well its Bethesda and we know they're masters of programing, just look at Daggerfall.
NicktehImperial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NicktehImperial
[QUOTE="NicktehImperial"][QUOTE="jachichorro"]It's just an expansion, no need to make a big fuss about it.jachichorro

Lol I know what Cyrodiil is, I have the game, put more than 400 hours into it :P I just think it will never score as high as the original because the gameplay mechanics will be the same. They need to add some new spells, items, fix the leveling system and much more for it to get 9.6.

They're adding alot more items and spells.
Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 Bansheesdie
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts
You know the Oblivion Shivering isles expansion, I think its going for high AAA, maybe AAAA, no bodys been hyping it, but I think it'll become a cult classic like Morrowind, BUT with the amazing Oblivion graphics and fighting system. Also it looks more like its introducing a more strange alien world and more roleplaying with NPC's, a more compicated main storyline, and of course more memorable moments. Thats my opinion.NicktehImperial
I wouldn't be surprised if it nailed AAA. But is the whole Oblivion thing getting old by now? I mean there is only so much that you can do in a single player game, unlike a game like WoW.
NicktehImperial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NicktehImperial
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]web966
Why did you delete your post? What did you say?
NicktehImperial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NicktehImperial
[QUOTE="NicktehImperial"]You know the Oblivion Shivering isles expansion, I think its going for high AAA, maybe AAAA, no bodys been hyping it, but I think it'll become a cult classic like Morrowind, BUT with the amazing Oblivion graphics and fighting system. Also it looks more like its introducing a more strange alien world and more roleplaying with NPC's, a more compicated main storyline, and of course more memorable moments. Thats my opinion.Bansheesdie
I wouldn't be surprised if it nailed AAA. But is the whole Oblivion thing getting old by now? I mean there is only so much that you can do in a single player game, unlike a game like WoW.

Its a big game world man, they're just adding on. Its not like its just another main qeust or something.
Big_Red_Button

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 Big_Red_Button
Member since 2005 • 6094 Posts

Everyone seems to love Oblivion, except me.

Yes, I played it.

Yes, I beat it.

Yes I know the game well.

So I'm not being biased when I say this:

THE GAME IS BLOODY BORING.

Seriously, why the hell is everyone in love with the game!? Everything about it is just BORING. The combat, the questing, EVERYTHING is just so BORING.

Oblivion is by far the most over rated game of all time.

I wish I could have those 85 hours of my life back.

Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Bansheesdie
[QUOTE="Bansheesdie"]I wouldn't be surprised if it nailed AAA. But is the whole Oblivion thing getting old by now? I mean there is only so much that you can do in a single player game, unlike a game like WoW.NicktehImperial
Its a big game world man, they're just adding on. Its not like its just another main qeust or something.

Oh I know, I know but at the end of the day its a single player only game. Ofcourse, with the new Achievement rules Shivering Isles may have 250 points in it which would make it a must buy for all who already have it. I'm still not sure if I'll get it or not.
Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Bansheesdie

I wish I could have those 85 hours of my life back.Big_Red_Button

lol, I just passed 400 a while ago.

NicktehImperial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 NicktehImperial

Everyone seems to love Oblivion, except me.

Yes, I played it.

Yes, I beat it.

Yes I know the game well.

So I'm not being biased when I say this:

THE GAME IS BLOODY BORING.

Seriously, why the hell is everyone in love with the game!? Everything about it is just BORING. The combat, the questing, EVERYTHING is just so BORING.

Oblivion is by far the most over rated game of all time.

I wish I could have those 85 hours of my life back.

Big_Red_Button
I've put 600 hours into it and its the greatest game I've ever played. You probably rushed through it or didn't roleplay or something, I don't know your situation.
Coyo7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Coyo7e
Member since 2005 • 3672 Posts
Cant wait for it.  I love oblivion and still roll a new toon every few months or so.
NicktehImperial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 NicktehImperial
[QUOTE="NicktehImperial"][QUOTE="Bansheesdie"]I wouldn't be surprised if it nailed AAA. But is the whole Oblivion thing getting old by now? I mean there is only so much that you can do in a single player game, unlike a game like WoW.Bansheesdie

Oh I know, I know but at the end of the day its a single player only game. Ofcourse, with the new Achievement rules Shivering Isles may have 250 points in it which would make it a must buy for all who already have it. I'm still not sure if I'll get it or not.

[QUOTE="Big_Red_Button"]I wish I could have those 85 hours of my life back.Bansheesdie

lol, I just passed 400 a while ago.

600, and my 360 is in for repairs now soooo.
jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#23 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts
considering I loved the Morrowind expansions, I doubt Oblivions expansions will be any different.
NicktehImperial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NicktehImperial
Cant wait for it.  I love oblivion and still roll a new toon every few months or so.Coyo7e
I can't wait to get back to it.
Dahaka-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Dahaka-UK
Member since 2005 • 6915 Posts
Yeah more mindless quests to enjoy, least there going for a more different approuch with the scenery.. hate the endless amounts of forest and nearly every dungeon / cave had the same skin. hopefully this game will change that
NicktehImperial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 NicktehImperial
Yeah more mindless quests to enjoy, least there going for a more different approuch with the scenery.. hate the endless amounts of forest and nearly every dungeon / cave had the same skin. hopefully this game will change thatDahaka-UK
Thats the whole points, the devs want to change all the flaws around. I mean Oblivion is already such an awesome game but they're making it even better.
NicktehImperial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 NicktehImperial
[QUOTE="Dahaka-UK"]Yeah more mindless quests to enjoy, least there going for a more different approuch with the scenery.. hate the endless amounts of forest and nearly every dungeon / cave had the same skin. hopefully this game will change thatNicktehImperial
Thats the whole points, the devs want to change all the flaws around. I mean Oblivion is already such an awesome game but they're making it even better.

[QUOTE="Dahaka-UK"]Yeah more mindless quests to enjoy, least there going for a more different approuch with the scenery.. hate the endless amounts of forest and nearly every dungeon / cave had the same skin. hopefully this game will change thatNicktehImperial

They know they have to change this one around to satisfy more people.
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 cobrax25
[QUOTE="NicktehImperial"][QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="NicktehImperial"][QUOTE="cobrax25"]No, unless its a blizzard game.... AAA expantions are almost imposible.

Oh I thaught you meant an actual blizzard, well its Bethesda and we know they're masters of programing, just look at Daggerfall.

No you dont understand... Not only is Blizzard clearly the most succesfull Developer out there...But.... all there games are absolutlute best sellers, even alsmost a decade after their release...Starcraft, and World of Warcraft for example... But 10 out of their 12 games are AAA, the other 2 being high AA.
Avatar image for fatzombiepigeon
fatzombiepigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 fatzombiepigeon
Member since 2005 • 8199 Posts

[QUOTE="jachichorro"][QUOTE="NicktehImperial"][QUOTE="jachichorro"]It's just an expansion, no need to make a big fuss about it.NicktehImperial

Yeah, but Gamespot, like everyone else, will take points for the level system.

fatzombiepigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 fatzombiepigeon
considering I loved the Morrowind expansions, I doubt Oblivions expansions will be any different.jrhawk42
I clocked in more Morrowind time, infact, almost all my time in Morrowind, on Solstheim.
NicktehImperial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 NicktehImperial

[QUOTE="NicktehImperial"][QUOTE="jachichorro"][QUOTE="NicktehImperial"][QUOTE="jachichorro"]It's just an expansion, no need to make a big fuss about it.fatzombiepigeon

Yeah, but Gamespot, like everyone else, will take points for the level system.

If it wasn't for that vanilla Oblivion might've scored AAAA.
NicktehImperial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 NicktehImperial
[QUOTE="jrhawk42"]considering I loved the Morrowind expansions, I doubt Oblivions expansions will be any different.fatzombiepigeon
I clocked in more Morrowind time, infact, almost all my time in Morrowind, on Solstheim.

The ES games are awesome.
fatzombiepigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 fatzombiepigeon
[QUOTE="fatzombiepigeon"][QUOTE="jrhawk42"]considering I loved the Morrowind expansions, I doubt Oblivions expansions will be any different.NicktehImperial

The ES games are awesome.

Yeah. I agree there. The expansions were awesome. 70 percent of my time with Morrowind was spent on Solstheim or in Mournhold. Man, I remember when I was attacked by a gibbering lunatic on Solstheim. When I learned it was a werewolf I thanked God I fought it during the day. :P