I find it sad that some of you think people losing their jobs is funny

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thetruespin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 thetruespin
Member since 2008 • 3256 Posts

SW is normally quite fun. Stupid arguments get thrown around and, though people get annoyed sometimes, its mostly in good humour. However, some of the comments people have made about Sony / MS employees losing their jobs have been bang out of order!

Just because most of you are little kids that have never worked a day in your lives, doesn't mean you should laugh at other peoples misfortune.Losing a job is terrible and the endless threads trying to use the topic as "ownage" are a sad reflection on some people here.

I don't want to act all high and mightly, but you have to know where to draw the line - and ruined lives is a good place.

DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts
I could not agree more with you sir.
Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts
I don't know if this is System Wars material but it's true. Corporations as big as Sony and Microsoft are cutting jobs, it's more signs that the economy and the world are going to ****
Pinkyimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 Pinkyimp
Member since 2006 • 3623 Posts

SW is normally quite fun. Stupid arguments get thrown around and, though people get annoyed sometimes, its mostly in good humour. However, some of the comments people have made about Sony employees losing their jobs have been bang out of order!

Just because most of you are little kids that have never worked a day in your lives, doesn't mean you should laugh at other peoples misfortune.Losing a job is terrible and the endless threads trying to use the topic as "ownage" are a sad reflection on some people here.

thetruespin
People who dont work = Dont care about other peoples jobs, or understand there situation Peole who are Fanboys = Could care less, They just want there "ownage" from whatever. Now, losing a job is nothing to be happy about, and if fanboys all of a sudden think thats cool, then, wow, what if one day , you suddenly just lost your job, imagine how you would feel at that exact moment, you have nothing to wake up for, nothing to pay bill with, its a nightmare. That being said, take it with a grain of salt and let it go, some people will never understand.
yamcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 yamcake
Member since 2007 • 194 Posts
Tru Dat Brodda..
yoyo462001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 yoyo462001
Member since 2005 • 7535 Posts
yep its never funny when people lose their jobs.
naydaslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 naydaslayer
Member since 2008 • 371 Posts

Sad.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

SW is normally quite fun. Stupid arguments get thrown around and, though people get annoyed sometimes, its mostly in good humour. However, some of the comments people have made about Sony / MS employees losing their jobs have been bang out of order!

thetruespin

Hence the whole reason for System Wars

Nintendo and Microsoft are laughing at Sony because of the jobs they're letting go. That means they're both doing better.

This is why the idea that "there's no real loser" this generation is as false as can be

These companies are like sports teams and when they fail like Sony did it brings about joy in people who root for the other teams.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jaysonguy
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="thetruespin"]

nervmeister

Nintendo and Microsoft are laughing at Sony because of the jobs they're letting go. That means they're both doing better.

This is why the idea that "there's no real loser" this generation is as false as can be

These companies are like sports teams and when they fail like Sony did it brings about joy in people who root for the other teams.

You're actually trying to justify it? Wow.... Just wow.

Not trying to, I am justifying it

This is business, you're either the winner or you're the loser.

I don't understand why everyone is so happy to say everyone should get along with everyone.

That's what it means when you're talking software and hardware sales. Every failed game or console is lost jobs.

People are just realizing this now?

mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
I couldn't agree more.
Avatar image for deactivated-619c4c1a1a382
deactivated-619c4c1a1a382

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-619c4c1a1a382
Member since 2005 • 4956 Posts
a post with a meaning... All i have to say is amen to thoose of us who still have jobs and good luck for those who dont
blitzcloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 blitzcloud
Member since 2007 • 1229 Posts
I recall Jack Thompson being kicked out as a "YAHOO" all over systemwars. I mean, people were happy
nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts
I recall Jack Thompson being kicked out as a "YAHOO" all over systemwars. I mean, people were happyblitzcloud
He was sanctioned, not fired.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]Every failed game or console is lost jobs.nervmeister
So you're implying that these job cuts are attributed directly to the PS3?

No, Sony has also been beaten in the TV department too. Samsung is beating them every which way but sideways when it comes to that too. They're taking losses all over the board and can't flip funds over to different projects like they planned.

The "oh boo hoo people lost jobs I see it in the TV now I feel bad all over" crap is overdone.

The gaming industry is a business.

That means every piece of software that does not sell and every console that doesn't get into homes means that people lose jobs, it's always been that way. Every single fail or flop in here has ALWAYS meant people lost their jobs.

The idea that it only matters now is sick, it's just trying to piggyback on the fact that it's "popular" now.

Avatar image for deactivated-619c4c1a1a382
deactivated-619c4c1a1a382

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-619c4c1a1a382
Member since 2005 • 4956 Posts

A special note to the all seing mods

Please create a sticky Saying that we cannot post this because this ruins families.

UnamedThing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 UnamedThing
Member since 2008 • 1761 Posts
[QUOTE="blitzcloud"]I recall Jack Thompson being kicked out as a "YAHOO" all over systemwars. I mean, people were happynervmeister
He was sanctioned, not fired.

He still lost his ability to practice law.
Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

[QUOTE="nervmeister"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]Every failed game or console is lost jobs.Jaysonguy

So you're implying that these job cuts are attributed directly to the PS3?

No, Sony has also been beaten in the TV department too. Samsung is beating them every which way but sideways when it comes to that too. They're taking losses all over the board and can't flip funds over to different projects like they planned.

The "oh boo hoo people lost jobs I see it in the TV now I feel bad all over" crap is overdone.

That means every piece of software that does not sell and every console that doesn't get into homes means that people lose jobs, it's always been that way. Every single fail or flop in here has ALWAYS meant people lost their jobs.

The idea that it only matters now is sick, it's just trying to piggyback on the fact that it's "popular" now.

So do you care about people losing jobs? Sad if you don't.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Jaysonguy
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="nervmeister"]So you're implying that these job cuts are attributed directly to the PS3?Ragnarok1051

I don't like it but I understand that's a byproduct of the business.

Anyone who does can't use this forum and hope a game flops or fails, that means people lost jobs.

People, including this thread creator, are making it sound like this is just happening now. That NOW people are losing jobs. They're trying to make it look like before this when a game flopped or failed they got a nice big paycheck and got to go to their office the next day.

sargentbotk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 sargentbotk
Member since 2007 • 4224 Posts

So what? I could care less about them losing their jobs. Sony got owned with releasing that junk of useless hardware and all their other failures...Those workers got owned and so did the Sony fanboys! LOL

Yeah, that was just me being sarcastic. But seriously, that is sad, especially the fact that the ones being laid off would once be ex-workers of the electronic giant. Sigh,...I'd be pissed if I were them.

ski11buzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ski11buzz
Member since 2003 • 2117 Posts
[QUOTE="nervmeister"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Jaysonguy

You're actually trying to justify it? Wow.... Just wow.

Not trying to, I am justifying it

This is business, you're either the winner or you're the loser.

I don't understand why everyone is so happy to say everyone should get along with everyone.

That's what it means when you're talking software and hardware sales. Every failed game or console is lost jobs.

People are just realizing this now?

and heres to you thinking that it is because of the ps3 that sony is cutting 16,000 jobs. I dont know where you've been, but a vast number of companies are doing poor right now - its called a recession. EA is cutting 600 employees, Eidos lost a quarter of its workforce, Midway is in debt, Samsung is lowering its spending and sales targets. i can go on and on.
shemrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24 shemrom
Member since 2005 • 1206 Posts

It sad that so many people getting lay off from the economy problems, and seeing people don't have any care about them, who all self indugement in there own Happy Little lives with no bills to pay, still living under there parents house with very little responelly, they get fed by them and have a house to live under all quite warm and comfort, hanging with friend and doing crap.

Here a reality for you, take all of your money, cloths, toys(Including your phones, consoles and PCs, and other electronics do-hickeys you so worship.) throw in the trash can, fine the nearest bridged to live under and try to survive for a week in the winter cold, begging for anything from the side walks for any short of food or cash to get you through the day, with every one thinking your a disease animal, giving you a awful look with no pity for you. make you fell miserable every single hour as you stay under your makeshift cardboard house in fertile position most of the day crying for forgiveness to the God you never care for in your entire life

I think most of you will quit on the first night as the coldness set in, realizing you are homeless, with no one caring anything about you, not even if you get mug by Teens looking for thrills in beating homeless people up these days. (This is all just sick for all of us, this have gone extreme and beyond the standers 10 years ago.)

I could keep going on, but i have my own job, car payments, family that i love so dearly for, to worry about instead ranting about how much i think my life is so perfect, yet don't give a poop about anyone else in the world.

some of you people just make me sick with all of your nosense ranting. 2012 is coming, and some allready show that maybe it time for it.

..........................................................just so sick......................................................

ski11buzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ski11buzz
Member since 2003 • 2117 Posts
[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Jaysonguy

Anyone who does can't use this forum and hope a game flops or fails, that means people lost jobs.

People, including this thread creator, are making it sound like this is just happening now. That NOW people are losing jobs. They're trying to make it look like before this when a game flopped or failed they got a nice big paycheck and got to go to their office the next day.

you;re forgetting the fact that its only now becoming a big deal, because there are massive job slashings at the moment. do you know how much the unemployment rate is rising? stop trying to put all the blame on the company, and look at the economy as a whole. everyone is hurting
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Jaysonguy

It sad that so many people getting lay off from the economy problems, and seeing people don't have any care about them, who all self indugement in there own Happy Little lives with no bills to pay, still living under there parents house with very little responelly, they get fed by them and have a house to live under all quite warm and comfort, hanging with friend and doing crap.

Here a reality for you, take all of your money, cloths, toys(Including your phones, consoles and PCs, and other electronics do-hickeys you so worship.) throw in the trash can, fine the nearest bridged to live under and try to survive for a week in the winter cold, begging for anything from the side walks for any short of food or cash to get you through the day, with every one thinking your a disease animal, giving you a awful look with no pity for you. make you fell misibal every single hour as you stay under your makeshift cardboard house in fertile position most of the day crying for forgiveness to the God you never care for in your entire life

I think most of you will quit on the first night as the coldness set in, realizing you are homeless, with no one caring anything about you, not even if you get mug by Teens looking for thrills in beating homeless people up these days. (This is all just sick for all of us, this have gone extreme and beyond the standers 10 years ago.)

I could keep going on, but i have my own job, car payments, family that i love so dearly for, to worry about instead ranting about how much i think my life is so perfect, yet don't give a poop about anyone else in the world.

some of you people just make me sick with all of your nosense ranting. 2012 is coming, and some allready show that maybe it time for it.

..........................................................just so sick......................................................

shemrom

Yes that's right

This hasn't been happening since the START OF GAMING

Nope, it's just now that they cover it on the news and the new trend is to bring up the economy in conversations so you can seem"hip" on world news.

Enough of this faux outrage.

HeMan113071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 HeMan113071
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I don't want to act all high and mightly, but you have to know where to draw the line - and ruined lives is a good place.

thetruespin

I agree 100%. I have been in residential construction for 14 years. Im wanting to get out of it. BUT in my small backwoods town there is only Walmar, Lowes, and a handfull of other stores where you have to be 20 or under or know someone to get on there. I have no real choice. BUT im quitting my job within the next week. Im lucky enough to have a wife that works so at least I can sit and wait untill I "MIGHT" can get on somewhere I want. Not having a job or having a choice is not funny and its horrible to go through.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Jaysonguy
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"] So do you care about people losing jobs? Sad if you don't.ski11buzz

you;re forgetting the fact that its only now becoming a big deal, because there are massive job slashings at the moment. do you know how much the unemployment rate is rising? stop trying to put all the blame on the company, and look at the economy as a whole. everyone is hurting

Oh super

I'm glad to know that a team of 30 losing their jobs is no big deal but once that reaches 300 THEN it's something

Losing a job is losing a job

I'll make sure to tell every person individually who loses a job it's no big deal because there's only one of them.

cvasquez311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 cvasquez311
Member since 2004 • 962 Posts

Oh the irony of this thread. All of you feeling bad, here in system wars about people getting laid off from Sony's PS3 division and Microsofts 360 division, when the truth in the fact of the matter is that those employees being laid off is directly in connection with the fact of the title of this very forum itself!

If you all feel so bad about people getting laid off at Sony and Microsoft, why don't you all go to the store and buy a PS3, a 360, and a Wii, and help those people get their jobs back?

Oh the Irony...

The economy sucks right now, people are going to get laid off. It happens, I just saw one of my co-workers get laid off, but he was a temporary associate.

If I got laid off tomorrow from my job the last thing I would want is a bunch of geeks who sit around all day arguing which system is better to feel sorry for me. Seriously guys.

Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts
people like you are why System Wars should just disappear. and not because you have *morals*, but because you act like there are actually fanboys here anymore.
shemrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 shemrom
[QUOTE="shemrom"]

Here a reality for you, take all of your money, cloths, toys(Including your phones, consoles and PCs, and other electronics do-hickeys you so worship.) throw in the trash can, fine the nearest bridged to live under and try to survive for a week in the winter cold, begging for anything from the side walks for any short of food or cash to get you through the day, with every one thinking your a disease animal, giving you a awful look with no pity for you. make you fell misibal every single hour as you stay under your makeshift cardboard house in fertile position most of the day crying for forgiveness to the God you never care for in your entire life

Jaysonguy

Yes that's right

This hasn't been happening since the START OF GAMING

Nope, it's just now that they cover it on the news and the new trend is to bring up the economy in conversations so you can seem"hip" on world news.

Enough of this faux outrage.

The part i was stating about earlier was about how bad teens has gotten these days then of what they been doing 10 years ago, i didn't state that the games are the problems, many factors can controubit to there bad behavior these days
shemrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 shemrom

Oh the irony of this thread. All of you feeling bad, here in system wars about people getting laid off from Sony's PS3 division and Microsofts 360 division, when the truth in the fact of the matter is that those employees being laid off is directly in connection with the fact of the title of this very forum itself!

If you all feel so bad about people getting laid off at Sony and Microsoft, why don't you all go to the store and buy a PS3, a 360, and a Wii, and help those people get their jobs back?

Oh the Irony...

cvasquez311
One person buying a PS3 or 360 isn't going to stimulate the economy back what it used to be earlier this year., not even if a 100 went to do it just because they fell bad about this. We, have no power over what the banks had done to us, all we doing here is felling sad for all those who just lost there jobs.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc
deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc
Member since 2003 • 6249 Posts
[QUOTE="thetruespin"]

Jaysonguy

I don't think Nintendo and Microsoft are laughing at Sony... I think they are a little more serious than that. Come on, 9000 people losing their jobs. Not really funny.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Jaysonguy
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="thetruespin"]

wapahala

I don't think Nintendo and Microsoft are laughing at Sony... I think they are a little more serious than that. Come on, 9000 people losing their jobs. Not really funny.

If it wasn't Sony it was going to be them

When someone makes a profit that means someone takes a loss and taking a loss means less money to pay the people who work there

wiiguyftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36 wiiguyftw
Member since 2007 • 154 Posts
i agree with you especially around the holiday season
dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts
I agree.
rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
Agreed. People are losing their jobs. Is this supposed to be some type of fanboy ammo?
starfxxxer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 starfxxxer
Member since 2004 • 3295 Posts

I'll find it funny when one of those fanboys loses his job, the very next day :twisted:

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

thetruespin
I don't think it's cool either, but making an off-topic thread that trolls everyone here isn't exactly an appropriate reaction.