I consider myself a Lemming, yet I want a PS3!!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SystemWarsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SystemWarsMan
Member since 2007 • 913 Posts

Listen I believe that MS had the better strategy and has a better overall system than the PS3.  I have 3 360s currently, but just purchased an xbr 32 inch Sony and Im thinking about matching it with the PS3 because it is a blue ray player.  I want a Blue Ray Player, now does this mean Im not Lemming?  I want peace on earth!!!!

EarthShakeNews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 EarthShakeNews
Member since 2007 • 87 Posts
I got both consoles it's not really all it's cracked up to be, Xbox 360 = I am waiting for GRAW 2 to be released. and PS3 = I am waiting for VF5 and MGS4 to be released.
Avatar image for paraskhos_basic
paraskhos_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 paraskhos_basic
Member since 2002 • 1243 Posts
i really do think PS3 has a lot of potential and i will buy it as soon as some good games comes but till then ill njoy my PS2 and 360
TheOrigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TheOrigin
Member since 2004 • 2006 Posts

Theres nothing wrong with that.  I have both, but other than resistance, blu-ray is the only thing being put to good use.  When the games start rolling out it will be a truely great system.

Despite the bickering it is and will be worth the price.  That is if your ready for next gen media. 

Goeben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Goeben
Member since 2006 • 67 Posts
then you should buy one.  i have seen them in several stores so if you look you can find one.
me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts
so? I'm a cow and I'm getting all 3. just because your a fan of one doesn't mean you can't like the others too.
Blinblingthing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Blinblingthing
Member since 2005 • 6943 Posts

Listen I believe that MS had the better strategy and has a better overall system than the PS3.  I have 3 360s currently, but just purchased an xbr 32 inch Sony and Im thinking about matching it with the PS3 because it is a blue ray player.  I want a Blue Ray Player, now does this mean Im not Lemming?  I want peace on earth!!!!

SystemWarsMan

No, It means your open minded, and you've accepted that fact PS3 offer something you want

Pretty normal to me

iunderstand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 iunderstand
Member since 2006 • 3201 Posts
If you can afford to buy 3 360s then it would just be fanboyism not to buy a PS3 when they are in plentiful supply.
console_fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 console_fanboy
Member since 2006 • 595 Posts
Think ill get one in 2009 for FF13. But nothing is for sure, especially with sony. So i wait.
Keibo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Keibo
Member since 2003 • 1488 Posts

SystemWarsMan

it means that you're not a blind fanboy that doesn't get another console simply because its the 'competition', the only thing stopping me from getting another console next to my Wii is the fact that I can't afford anything at the moment ;)
Avatar image for black_chewbacca
black_chewbacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#11 black_chewbacca
Member since 2006 • 1653 Posts
[QUOTE="EarthShakeNews"]I got both consoles it's not really all it's cracked up to be, Xbox 360 = I am waiting for GRAW 2 to be released. and PS3 = I am waiting for VF5 and MGS4 to be released.

What about Motorstorm? After ANYONE plays the demo, not one person can say they found it not fun...
Strakha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Strakha
Member since 2003 • 1824 Posts
You are a disgrace to lemmings everywhere, hand in your encoder ring at once!
Keibo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Keibo
Member since 2003 • 1488 Posts
You are a disgrace to lemmings everywhere, hand in your encoder ring at once!Strakha
:o you guys get encoder rings... all I got was wool :cry:
Darth-Mac10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Darth-Mac10
Member since 2007 • 92 Posts
if u want a bluray player, pick it up right now. just realize its gonna get way more use for u right now as a movie player than a game console cuz theres currently nothing worth playing thats not on 360 (which the 360 versions look better and play online better anyways). oh, and resistence is a disappointment. it combines the unlikable elements from many shooters. u can make an argument that killzones mp was better (seriously). anyways, if ur gonna buy a game, wait for motorstorm.
Darth-Mac10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Darth-Mac10
Member since 2007 • 92 Posts
You are a disgrace to lemmings everywhere, hand in your encoder ring at once!Strakha
SSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHH!!!!!! there's outsiders around here. :P
Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Nagidar
Member since 2006 • 6231 Posts
It doesn't make you any less of a Lemming, if you enjoy it than good for you.
LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#17 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts

Yeah, I plan on buying a PS3 next month. I want to play GOW2

I expect it to manily function as a BR player. :)

DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
I find myself buying more and more Blu Ray movies. Sony it snuck it in there and it looks like it worked.
Avatar image for Danthegamingman
Danthegamingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#19 Danthegamingman
Member since 2003 • 19978 Posts

SystemWarsMan

I wouldn't buy PS3 just for a Blu-ray player, what you going to do use the controller as your remote?
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
i see myself as a lemming because i defend the 360 by bashing cows..i plan on buying a ps3 once the price drops.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
I bought my PS3 for the Blu-Ray Player mainly. I play games and watch HD movies on my 360, but Blu-Ray has a bigger movie selection then HD-DVD, so I have been happy with my purchase. Now I just sit and wait for VF5.
SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 SpideR_CentS
Member since 2006 • 4766 Posts
I have a 360 and thats enough for me for right now. I will get a Wii late'07 or early '08. I think I'll skip PS3 inless they do some drastic price drops. If not I'll play the PS-PS3 games on PS4 :)
DressYouUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DressYouUp
Member since 2007 • 579 Posts
This is SICKENING.
Sgt_Hale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 Sgt_Hale
Member since 2007 • 2257 Posts
if u want a bluray player, pick it up right now. just realize its gonna get way more use for u right now as a movie player than a game console cuz theres currently nothing worth playing thats not on 360 (which the 360 versions look better and play online better anyways). oh, and resistence is a disappointment. it combines the unlikable elements from many shooters. u can make an argument that killzones mp was better (seriously). anyways, if ur gonna buy a game, wait for motorstorm.Darth-Mac10
Actually it's official that Oblivion looks and plays better on the PS3 now (better textures, faster load times, and runs at fster framerate w/ less drops)... along with NBA 2K7. Bethesda cited that this was possible due to optimization of the game to take advantage of the cell.... So you can expect more of this in the future if devs are spending the time to optimize their games for the PS3 hardware.
shaggyaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 shaggyaz
Member since 2004 • 2279 Posts
so? go get a ps3 u arent getting the full expierience without all three,dont be blinded by fanboyism
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#26 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
Sounds like you are unusually fond of labels. If you must have one, why not just be a 'gamer,' or a 'techie.'
Avatar image for super_biohazard
super_biohazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 super_biohazard
Member since 2006 • 805 Posts

SystemWarsMan

Tis' a dark day in system wars.

waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 waynehead895
Member since 2005 • 18660 Posts
I want one as well. Just not at the current price. I want it mainly for DMC4 and GoW3.
kauliaris711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kauliaris711
Member since 2006 • 161 Posts
put it like that:
xbox 360: a gaming machine...
nintendo wii: a fun machine...
playstation 3:a cheap blu-ray player with some gaming capabilities....did i mention the media center capabilities????
it is a nice combination....:wink::D:P
Dr_DudeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Dr_DudeMan
Member since 2006 • 2794 Posts
[QUOTE="SystemWarsMan"]

Listen I believe that MS had the better strategy and has a better overall system than the PS3. I have 3 360s currently, but just purchased an xbr 32 inch Sony and Im thinking about matching it with the PS3 because it is a blue ray player. I want a Blue Ray Player, now does this mean Im not Lemming? I want peace on earth!!!!

Blinblingthing

No, It means your open minded, and you've accepted that fact PS3 offer something you want

Pretty normal to me

Yeah its kool. I had a ps3 and 360, I sold the ps3 cuz I didnt care for the games or blu-ray, and got a wii. So now I am wii60 but I wouldnt call myself a sheep just because I love the wii. (I own Wii, 360, and psp this gen so far so I am definitly neutral)
miss_kitt3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 miss_kitt3n
Member since 2006 • 2717 Posts
I am a huge PS3 fan but I wont get one until VF5 comes out.
Silvereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Silvereign
Member since 2006 • 3006 Posts
What I don't understand is why people are not understanding that PS360 is the way 2 go. Yeah its costly but you will have every exclusive that will make gamming history and a library of games to rule them all.
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
well, get it... it is a great Blu Ray player ( a cheap one) and wait for some games, they are comming!!!!
SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts
[QUOTE="SystemWarsMan"]

Listen I believe that MS had the better strategy and has a better overall system than the PS3. I have 3 360s currently, but just purchased an xbr 32 inch Sony and Im thinking about matching it with the PS3 because it is a blue ray player. I want a Blue Ray Player, now does this mean Im not Lemming? I want peace on earth!!!!

Blinblingthing

Pretty normal to me

yeah, it's a good thing in fact.
tacomh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 tacomh
Member since 2003 • 1847 Posts

SystemWarsMan

why 3 may i ask

Blinblingthing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Blinblingthing

Don't forget The Dead Rising Poster !!!

Blinblingthing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Blinblingthing

put it like that:
xbox 360: a gaming machine...
nintendo wii: a fun machine...
playstation 3:a cheap blu-ray player with some gaming capabilities....did i mention the media center capabilities????
it is a nice combination....:wink::D:P
kauliaris711

have you been living under a rock

Silver_Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Silver_Ghost
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
:twisted:
white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#39 white_sox
Member since 2006 • 17442 Posts
:twisted:Silver_Ghost
Why would you bump this topic from 361 days ago?
Pandemonium876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Pandemonium876
Member since 2007 • 336 Posts

SystemWarsMan

Sony XBR pretty dam nice eh? I love my 46' XBR looks soooo good with ps3(blu-ray) The picture quality is just amazing
unasyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 unasyn
Member since 2007 • 318 Posts
[QUOTE="SystemWarsMan"]

tacomh

why 3 may i ask

1) Huge fan

2) Different units for different rooms

3) Different units for different repair schedules

All 3 are possible.

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts
[QUOTE="SystemWarsMan"]

Pandemonium876

Sony XBR pretty dam nice eh? I love my 46' XBR looks soooo good with ps3(blu-ray) The picture quality is just amazing

I have a 46 XBR4 too. Great for the PS3.

linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts
its the shinyness of it, people like shiny things, thats why people buy guns, because there shiny
Pandemonium876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Pandemonium876
Member since 2007 • 336 Posts
I want one as well. Just not at the current price. I want it mainly for DMC4 and GoW3.waynehead895
Whats wrong with the current price? with everything you get with a ps3 400$ is pretty freaking sweet
CommanderTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 CommanderTy
Member since 2007 • 2285 Posts
OK IS there some law that says you cant own 2 or more consoles? what the heck i mean seriously i had my 360 before my ps3 i sold my 360 to fix me a super sweet pc gaming rig and i never looked back i miss the games on the 360 which are the best tho the system was a POS!!!! i like PC much better and when i finaly get my hands on a Wii i will be complete so just go for it what have you got to lose nothing? no1 is stopping you but you forget what anyone says if you want somthing go for it!!!!
-HalleR-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 -HalleR-
Member since 2008 • 612 Posts

SystemWarsMan

No, you are not a Lemming anymore. Your a Lemmow
CommanderTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 CommanderTy
Member since 2007 • 2285 Posts
[QUOTE="waynehead895"]I want one as well. Just not at the current price. I want it mainly for DMC4 and GoW3.Pandemonium876
Whats wrong with the current price? with everything you get with a ps3 400$ is pretty freaking sweet

Im a ps3 launch owner never crossed my mind the price i was happy to pay for it and what it hasnt died on my like my 360 did and i only had my 360 for over a year and RROD 3 times which i used my warrenty to fix it so i could play it again which MS was nice enough to fix it all 3 times which took 1 month twice and 2 weeks the first time im glad i sold it 360 game rock but i was fed up with the system thats why i gots me a good PC because the multiplats play better on PC imo
killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts
I also consider myself a "lemming" and I want a PS3 and video card...already gots a Wii.