I bet the PS3 will beat the 360 in ww sales>

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Iceman2911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Iceman2911
Member since 2006 • 2669 Posts

I am willing to bet the PS3 will win ww sales this year of course the wii is going to win but this is between 360vsps3.SO who is going to bet against me if I lose I will do something stupid. I know i will look like a cow but I am bored.

Ragashahs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Ragashahs
Member since 2005 • 8785 Posts
more than likely ps3 has cut down a an 8 million lead to around 4 million in 6-7 months. i'm also waiting for the guys saying the US economy is the reason why 360 isn't selling
Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
Do you mean the PS3 will sell more units this year, or that this year the PS3 will overtake the 360 in units sold?
Iceman2911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Iceman2911

Do you mean the PS3 will sell more units this year, or that this year the PS3 will overtake the 360 in units sold?Danm_999

it will sell more units

vaderhater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 vaderhater
Member since 2003 • 3972 Posts
I bet we will still be hearing this crap tomorrow and same time next year too!
Flexmaster_365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Flexmaster_365
Member since 2006 • 1650 Posts

more than likely ps3 has cut down a an 8 million lead to around 4 million in 6-7 months. i'm also waiting for the guys saying the US economy is the reason why 360 isn't sellingRagashahs

It is the economy but its also a combination of other factors. MGS4 just came out and a lot of the fanboys were waiting for it to be released before grabbing their PS3's. And lets not also forget the fact that Sony won the format war earlier this year so a lot of the people that were on the fence of buying a HD DVD/ Blu Ray player are using their disposable incomes to buy themselves Bluray. And whats the cheapest/ best value Blu Ray player? Yes the PS3...

Iceman2911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Iceman2911

I bet we will still be hearing this crap tomorrow and same time next year too!vaderhater

what do you mean please explain

Ragashahs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ragashahs

[QUOTE="Ragashahs"]more than likely ps3 has cut down a an 8 million lead to around 4 million in 6-7 months. i'm also waiting for the guys saying the US economy is the reason why 360 isn't sellingFlexmaster_365

It is the economy but its also a combination of other factors. MGS4 just came out and a lot of the fanboys were waiting for it to be released before grabbing their PS3's. And lets not also forget the fact that Sony won the format war earlier this year so a lot of the people that were on the fence of buying a HD DVD/ Blu Ray player are using their disposable incomes to buy themselves Bluray. And whats the cheapest/ best value Blu Ray player? Yes the PS3...

as i said before i work in reatil and i get alot of people on the fence about getting at 360 or a ps3 and most of teh time they don't even know what bluray is. $50 dollars is not that big of a gap no matter what you say if your willing to spend 350 for a games machine then i'm damn well sure you have spend 400 for a game console and a bluray player
Flexmaster_365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Flexmaster_365
[QUOTE="Flexmaster_365"]

[QUOTE="Ragashahs"]more than likely ps3 has cut down a an 8 million lead to around 4 million in 6-7 months. i'm also waiting for the guys saying the US economy is the reason why 360 isn't sellingRagashahs

as i said before i work in reatil and i get alot of people on the fence about getting at 360 or a ps3 and most of teh time they don't even know what bluray is. $50 dollars is not that big of a gap no matter what you say if your willing to spend 350 for a games machine then i'm damn well sure you have spend 400 for a game console and a bluray player

No offense but people that come to Walmart arent of the most educated sort.

hayato_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hayato_
Member since 2007 • 5165 Posts

[QUOTE="Ragashahs"]more than likely ps3 has cut down a an 8 million lead to around 4 million in 6-7 months. i'm also waiting for the guys saying the US economy is the reason why 360 isn't sellingFlexmaster_365

The ****

The economy is the reason why the 360 isn't selling??? Explain???

Ragashahs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ragashahs
[QUOTE="Ragashahs"][QUOTE="Flexmaster_365"]

true and wouldn't that mean they would rather spend money 350 on teh 360 considering all they think they're paying or is a games machine? and btw i work on the south side of chicago and even though it's a fairly poor neighborhood we've sold more PS3 than 360's. and and did you read this by chance. it basicaally states that gaming in general has been uneffected by the recession. and by your logic on the wealthy would a ps3. and you attributed the slow 360 sales due to econeomy than why have wii sales continued to sky rocket?
Flexmaster_365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Flexmaster_365
[QUOTE="Flexmaster_365"]

[QUOTE="Ragashahs"]more than likely ps3 has cut down a an 8 million lead to around 4 million in 6-7 months. i'm also waiting for the guys saying the US economy is the reason why 360 isn't sellinghayato_

The ****

Its one reason among the others I named. The 360 is discretly a gaming system and the mass low to middle end casual consumer wouldnt spend so much on a piece of hardware in times of an economic downturn ep with many fearing for jobs right now. Its quite simple really.

vaderhater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 vaderhater
Member since 2003 • 3972 Posts

[QUOTE="vaderhater"]I bet we will still be hearing this crap tomorrow and same time next year too!Iceman2911

This is pretty much the same kind of posts I see here all the time.
Flexmaster_365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Flexmaster_365
[QUOTE="Flexmaster_365"][QUOTE="Ragashahs"][QUOTE="Flexmaster_365"]

[QUOTE="Ragashahs"]more than likely ps3 has cut down a an 8 million lead to around 4 million in 6-7 months. i'm also waiting for the guys saying the US economy is the reason why 360 isn't sellingRagashahs

true and wouldn't that mean they would rather spend money 350 on teh 360 considering all they think they're paying or is a games machine? and btw i work on the south side of chicago and even though it's a fairly poor neighborhood we've sold more PS3 than 360's. and and did you read this by chance. it basicaally states that gaming in general has been uneffected by the recession. and by your logic on the wealthy would a ps3. and you attributed the slow 360 sales due to econeomy than why have wii sales continued to sky rocket?

I answered your question in the other thread. As far as the first part. Sure there are people who just see whatever is cheapest and grab it, esp at Walmart. However a lot of people ask questions and thats why sales people are there to explain to the customer what you get when you buy something and more times than not when someone is impartial they will choose to buy a PS3 right now because you get more for the buck.

Iceman2911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Iceman2911
[QUOTE="Iceman2911"]

[QUOTE="vaderhater"]I bet we will still be hearing this crap tomorrow and same time next year too!vaderhater

This is pretty much the same kind of posts I see here all the time.

I am bored

hayato_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hayato_
Member since 2007 • 5165 Posts
[QUOTE="hayato_"][QUOTE="Flexmaster_365"]

The ****

Its one reason among the others I named. The 360 is discretly a gaming system and the mass low to middle end casual consumer wouldnt spend so much on a piece of hardware in times of an economic downturn ep with many fearing for jobs right now. Its quite simple really.

I know its simple, but really. Blaming the economy for the sells of the 360.

That seems out of place.

Ragashahs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ragashahs
[QUOTE="Ragashahs"][QUOTE="Flexmaster_365"][QUOTE="Ragashahs"][QUOTE="Flexmaster_365"]

I answered your question in the other thread. As far as the first part. Sure there are people who just see whatever is cheapest and grab it, esp at Walmart. However a lot of people ask questions and thats why sales people are there to explain to the customer what you get when you buy something and more times than not when someone is impartial they will choose to buy a PS3 right now because you get more for the buck.

the recession no matter what you say still doesn't explain why the middle priced 360 isn't selling while the more expensive and the cheap sell increadabily well. either way nighty nighty we'll have to pick this converstion up later cuase i got to go to sleep and get up early and work in a place the is probably a reason why our economy is doing bad
Flexmaster_365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Flexmaster_365
[QUOTE="Flexmaster_365"][QUOTE="hayato_"][QUOTE="Flexmaster_365"]

[QUOTE="Ragashahs"]more than likely ps3 has cut down a an 8 million lead to around 4 million in 6-7 months. i'm also waiting for the guys saying the US economy is the reason why 360 isn't sellinghayato_

The ****

I know its simple, but really. Blaming the economy for the sells of the 360.

That seems out of place.

Saying its the sole reason is out of place however mentioning the combination of the huge release of MGS4 which is a system seller and the win of Bluray certainly paints a picture.

chicagog19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 chicagog19
Member since 2006 • 753 Posts
Doesn't mean squat. I own all three and the Wii's high sales haven't helped it in the games department. 360 has the best games now and has the best games coming.
Flexmaster_365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Flexmaster_365

the recession no matter what you say still doesn't explain why the middle priced 360 isn't selling while the more expensive and the cheap sell increadabily well.Ragashahs

The problem is you keep assuming that I'm sayin that the recession is the sole reason, which I'm not. Its a combination of the recession the huge release of MGS4 which is a system seller and the win of Blu ray in the format war which will cause a huge spike of sales in the short run because a lot of people were on the fence waiting to see which would win.

Ragashahs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ragashahs

[QUOTE="Ragashahs"]the recession no matter what you say still doesn't explain why the middle priced 360 isn't selling while the more expensive and the cheap sell increadabily well.Flexmaster_365

The problem is you keep assuming that I'm sayin that the recession is the sole reason, which I'm not. Its a combination of the recession the huge release of MGS4 which is a system seller and the win of Blu ray in the format war which will cause a huge spike of sales in the short run because a lot of people were on the fence waiting to see which would win.

okay while i do MGS4 is a system seller i think we can both agree that it was mainly short term. anyone who wanted a MGS4 would have bought it right then and there. unlike gear 1 which consistanly sold console for a couple months. but i do agree it does indeed help out the ps3 and a couldn't agree more with the blu ray boost that ps3 gets however the recession really doesn't effect 360 sales at all. the main PS3 is selling right now is the value in which you already established becuse of bluray and beach of MGS4 a system seller those two reason are what made PS3 big in 08 however that doesn't explain why PS3 outsold 360 in 07 when it didn't have a system seller and it was still in a hard fought formate war. in 07 when the recession wories came late and sony really didn't have value or games going for it PS3 outsold the 360. i'm sorry but i don't see how the ecomy comes into to play at all not even alittle it just doesn't pan out
Flexmaster_365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Flexmaster_365
[QUOTE="Flexmaster_365"]

[QUOTE="Ragashahs"]the recession no matter what you say still doesn't explain why the middle priced 360 isn't selling while the more expensive and the cheap sell increadabily well.Ragashahs

okay while i do MGS4 is a system seller i think we can both agree that it was mainly short term. anyone who wanted a MGS4 would have bought it right then and there. unlike gear 1 which consistanly sold console for a couple months. but i do agree it does indeed help out the ps3 and a couldn't agree more with the blu ray boost that ps3 gets however the recession really doesn't effect 360 sales at all. the main PS3 is selling right now is the value in which you already established becuse of bluray and beach of MGS4 a system seller those two reason are what made PS3 big in 08 however that doesn't explain why PS3 outsold 360 in 07 when it didn't have a system seller and it was still in a hard fought formate war. in 07 when the recession wories came late and sony really didn't have value or games going for it PS3 outsold the 360. i'm sorry but i don't see how the ecomy comes into to play at all not even alittle it just doesn't pan out

When exactly in 07. I wanna see a link?

Ragashahs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ragashahs
[QUOTE="Ragashahs"][QUOTE="Flexmaster_365"]

[QUOTE="Ragashahs"]the recession no matter what you say still doesn't explain why the middle priced 360 isn't selling while the more expensive and the cheap sell increadabily well.Flexmaster_365

When exactly in 07. I wanna see a link?

seriously you didn't know that?

edit: sorry link not working but seriously just ask all the other regular posters here or just type it in on google PS3 oustold 360 in 2007 worldwide i really need to go to sleep now

Immortal_Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Immortal_Evil
Member since 2007 • 2004 Posts
Doesn't botherme people chose the ps3 over the better console being the 360..
Adonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 Adonymous
Member since 2008 • 1664 Posts

WW PS3 will pwn 360

USA it'll probably be close at the end of the gen, 360 probably be 1-2 million ahead.

EU PS3 by far

JA PS3 by far far far far

Elsewhere....dosen't matter.

NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts

WW PS3 will pwn 360

USA it'll probably be close at the end of the gen, 360 probably be 1-2 million ahead.

EU PS3 by far

JA PS3 by far far far far

Elsewhere....dosen't matter.

Adonymous

yeah.

I would hope that its a close race though. If MS does too bad they may end the gen early so they still sell more units in that gen.

The ps3 will sell more, but they might not do it before MS decided to end the gen. plus MS is releasing the new RRODless 360 after the launch 360's warrantys, so sales will get a boost then tpp as everyone has to get a new one.

True-Legend86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 True-Legend86
Member since 2007 • 1268 Posts

MojondeVACA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MojondeVACA
Member since 2008 • 3916 Posts
And if it doesnt you're going to be one of those sony fanboys hiding to dish out the ownage.
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
[QUOTE="BlackNine11"]

[QUOTE="MojondeVACA"]And if it doesnt you're going to be one of those sony fanboys hiding to dish out the ownage.True-Legend86

:D

That looks like my friends Mom.

True LEgends delete the pic from your post. You will get banned if its left there.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

more than likely ps3 has cut down a an 8 million lead to around 4 million in 6-7 months. i'm also waiting for the guys saying the US economy is the reason why 360 isn't sellingRagashahs

Well the U.S. economy is bad and sales of both the PS3 and 360 are down. Why do you think European hardware sales are higher? Once the U.S. economy gets out of debt for the 100th time, sales of hardware and software will increase.

It took the PS3 over a year to gain 4 million units and it mostly came from Japan and Europe, where American game consoles have never sold well. We know the PS3 will catch the 360 eventually, but it's never going to catch the Wii. It took the Wii less then a year to gain a 8 million lead over the PS3 and they were released around the same time.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts
Right now its 100% obvious, I mean PS3 was able to beat 360 WW last year even though it was 360's strongest year and the PS3's weakest game wise. PS3 has got this in the bag, but ofcourse the Wii will win over both but we'll just let that slide ;)
Nitro720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35 Nitro720
Member since 2006 • 662 Posts
Who cares about sales, I mean seriuosly.
SpinoRaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SpinoRaptor
Member since 2006 • 2419 Posts
It probably will happen.
Nintendo_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Nintendo_Man
Member since 2003 • 19733 Posts
PS3 will get in front of the 360 in Q2, 2009. Then i predict it will outsell the 360 by 40m in lifetime sales.
Adonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 Adonymous
Member since 2008 • 1664 Posts

PS3 will get in front of the 360 in Q2, 2009. Then i predict it will outsell the 360 by 40m in lifetime sales.Nintendo_Man

woah, dream big.

40m?

I think sony would be lucky to be 15m ahead at the end of the gen.

Nintendo_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Nintendo_Man
Member since 2003 • 19733 Posts

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Man"]PS3 will get in front of the 360 in Q2, 2009. Then i predict it will outsell the 360 by 40m in lifetime sales.Adonymous

woah, dream big.

40m?

I will still stick to my prediction i made early last year (Wii = 120m, PS3 = 80m, 360 = 40m).

Once FF and in particular GT5 is out then the PS3 will destroy the 360 in sales (plus price drops).

marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 marklarmer
Member since 2004 • 3883 Posts
[QUOTE="Adonymous"]

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Man"]PS3 will get in front of the 360 in Q2, 2009. Then i predict it will outsell the 360 by 40m in lifetime sales.Nintendo_Man

woah, dream big.

40m?

I will still stick to my prediction i made early last year (Wii = 120m, PS3 = 80m, 360 = 40m).

Once FF and in particular GT5 is out then the PS3 will destroy the 360 in sales (plus price drops).

expecting more price drops from the ps3 is pushing it, though the ps3 probably will be on the market at least 3 years longer than the 360.