I am so sick of Sony's anti-consumer practices!

• 165 results
Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11053 Posts

As a Sony fan, I am concerned that Sony isn't doing enough for the fanboys that hate them and won't buy their consoles. It's their god-given right to mooch off Sony without buying any of their products. Sony should put their business savvy aside and cater to these people.

- I'm sick of Sony making games like God of War and releasing them to critical acclaim. It's only fair that Sony should have traded the game to MS for Sea of thieves and released that instead.

- I'm tired of PS4 staying ahead of Xbox One every month too. They should be putting Xboxes in PS4 boxes and let Microsoft have the sale. It's great for the industry!

- Why doesn't Sony work on more GaaS games for 4 years that flop when they come to market? Poor Microsoft has to do this alone. No empathy = anti-consumer.

- Sony has been greedily keeping studios like Naughty Dog and Sony Santa Monica to themselves when they should have been making games for Xbox to make sure everyone has fun. Wait, what do you mean Sony should get a Halo game in return then? No. That's ANTI-CONSUMER! That's not how it works because reasons.

- Sony also uses the anti-consumer practice of not putting free-to-play games behind a paywall like Microsoft. Because it's anti-consumer to not buy Xbox Live because Microsoft is struggling for money right now. They were only up 29 billion in profits this year instead of thirty. Stop taking food out their mouths!

- It's just plain anti-consumer for Sony to still have the Playstation brand when they should go third party and let Microsoft have the monopoly they dreamed of since they got into this industry. Less platform choices are good for consumers. Why doesn't Sony see that?

I'm just sick to death of all this anti-consumerism! Sony needs to stop using business sense and doing things that grows their base for their customers to keep themselves profitable and give handouts to their opponents instead. Now, I think everyone should go to Twitter and try to bully them to give up their share of the market and cry anti- consumerism when they don't really know what it means. OUTRAAAAGE CULTURE!

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

To be succinct:

"Blah blah blah, just do the opposite of MS."

Dude, I think every one of these points has been touched upon in other topics. Not really worth it to combine them.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#3  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69360 Posts

That is one long post. Can someone give me a summary?

Oh! That's what it is about? Thanks @lundy86_4.

MS and its fanboys are really started to get to Sony fanboys.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By lundy86_4

@Pedro: Honestly, yeah. Cows are making the oddest retaliatory posts/threads on the oddest things. IMO, Sony is doing more right than MS this gen, though MS made my overall favourite move which was PlayAnywhere. That being said, this is what we get for some odd reason.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BenjaminBanklin
@Pedro said:

MS and its fanboys are really started to get to Sony and their fanboys.

To make it even shorter, non-PS4 console fans are turning into whiny suckerfish and bums. I thought everything was good with these platforms without having to rely on Sony? Guess I was wrong.

ocinom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 ocinom
Member since 2008 • 1385 Posts

FREE MY FORTNITE ACCOUNT!!!

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BenjaminBanklin
@ocinom said:

This is all that needs to be done. These people that want to play the worst version of Fortnite keep trying to piggyback crossplay onto it, and Sony's like...

Too many of these fanboys who never gave two shits about crossplay didn't jump on the bandwagon until now when Sony put their consoles in a headlock, and they're transparent as hell.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Pedro said:

To make it even shorter, non-PS4 console fans are turning into whiny suckerfish and bums. I thought everything was good with these platforms without having to rely on Sony? Guess I was wrong.

In other words, Sony is infallible Der der!

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#9 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@Pedro said:

No, its the fact that people like uber cow Greg Miller have even come and called out Sony now for its locking third party corps accounts to its console. The fanboys will defend anything they do usually. But with this topic of not wanting to play with others in 2018 most are voicing how ridiculous Sony are being. Aint nobody looking to mooch off of them. I'm not the only multi console owner in the world. Many want to be able to use their Fortnite account on the Switch after building it on PS4.

Cows all want to deflect blame but its Sony bringing this upon themselves.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lundy86_4

@FireEmblem_Man said:

Aren't they always? I don't know, as I missed the generational migration to firmly root my nose up Sony's bumhole.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BenjaminBanklin
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Pedro said:

"Oh man, everything's so great with my console! Aren't you Sony ponies jealous? I bet you wish you had~OH GOD JUST LET US PLAY OFF YOUR NETWORK, SONY!"

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By lundy86_4

@BenjaminBanklin said:

"Oh man, everything so great with my console! Aren't you Sony ponies jealous? I bet you wish you had~OH GOD JUST LET US PLAY OFF YOUR NETWORK, SONY!"

Is that a reference to Fortnite players getting off Sony's network in order to play on the Switch? There was a hullabaloo about that.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

*yawn*

Karnage108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Karnage108
Member since 2010 • 2595 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@ocinom said:

This is all that needs to be done. These people that want to play the worst version of Fortnite keep trying to piggyback crossplay onto it, and Sony's like...

Too many of these fanboys who never gave two shits about crossplay didn't jump on the bandwagon until now when Sony put their consoles in a headlock, and they're transparent as hell.

Probably because none of those games were nowhere near as massively popular as Fortnite is right now...

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FireEmblem_Man
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Pedro said:

"Oh man, everything so great with my console! Aren't you Sony ponies jealous? I bet you wish you had~OH GOD JUST LET US PLAY OFF YOUR NETWORK, SONY!"

Tell me how it's still Epic's problem when Epic pointed out Sony's Network Policy? Oh wait, it's never Sony's fault because SONY HAS GRADE A CUSTOMER SERVICE!

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lundy86_4
@FireEmblem_Man said:

Tell me how it's still Epic's problem when Epic pointed out Sony's Network Policy? Oh wait, it's never Sony's fault because SONY HAS GRADE A CUSTOMER SERVICE!

OMG, yet in my old PC, I had some RAM fail, e-mailed the manufacturer, and they sent me out brand new sticks and just told me to mail mine back whenever... I don't think I ever did. In fact I didn't, because the one stick that worked, I put in me ex's parents comp to help speed it up a little.

Heck, even with MS and RROD, they sent me a brand new console and I printed my return sticker for my current RROD, and they literally just crossed each other in transit.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Playstation is designed for mostly casuals, which is why the online is so bad and why it is the bastion of movie games.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Pedro said:

Yet you created a thread to whine. LOL. I guessing you whined because I am not going to read that drivel. LMAO.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

This doesn't add anything new to the debate whatsoever

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BenjaminBanklin
@zaryia said:

Playstation is designed for mostly casuals, which is why the online is so bad and why it is the bastion of movie games.

It's so bad, that every opposing console owner wants to tap into Sony's 80 million PS4s to "play with their friends". Chances are, if you hate Sony enough to not buy one of their consoles. then chances are, you don't have friends that play on them either. It's funny how MS always brags about Xbox Live, but always has a grin on their face when they can start the crossplay debate. Their end goal is to tap into that well so they can ensure that everyone is on an even playing ground next gen.

MS knows the value of a swelled ecosystem, that's why they always pretend to have one.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@Karnage108 said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@ocinom said:

Probably because none of those games were nowhere near as massively popular as Fortnite is right now...

So that's the reason? Cause it's popular? Sony gains nothing from this, aside from a few praises from Switch and Bone owners.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Pedro

@Ant_17 said:
@Karnage108 said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@ocinom said:

So that's the reason? Cause it's popular? Sony gains nothing from this, aside from a few praises from Switch and Bone owners.

But the only people affected by this would be multi platform PS4 owners. No!

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BenjaminBanklin
@xantufrog said:

This doesn't add anything new to the debate whatsoever

It's not really a debate, just pointing how why it's suspicious that crossplay is the most important thing ever now, and the hypocrisy that comes out of it when it's obvious Sony has a lot to lose by giving in. You know, like why Game Streaming is now the best thing in the world while it was demonized when Sony did it.

Sony can't lead a gen without mounted campaigns going up against them. And it's kind of lame.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@Pedro said:
@Ant_17 said:
@Karnage108 said:

But the only people affected by this would be multi platform PS4 owners. No!

Doesn't affect me at all.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BenjaminBanklin
@cainetao11 said:
@Pedro said:

No, its the fact that people like uber cow Greg Miller have even come and called out Sony now for its locking third party corps accounts to its console. The fanboys will defend anything they do usually. But with this topic of not wanting to play with others in 2018 most are voicing how ridiculous Sony are being. Aint nobody looking to mooch off of them. I'm not the only multi console owner in the world. Many want to be able to use their Fortnite account on the Switch after building it on PS4.

Greg Miller's a coward that wants all the complainers to get off Sony's back instead of recognizing this for what it is, and has always been an Xbox suck up. He cheered when Xbox got Titanfall as an exclusive. Some uber cow he is.

Loading Video...

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

lol, nice one OP.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Sony should be made into an official religion. Just like the PC master race cult.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
@Pedro said:

Lol, exactly... if a diehard cow like Greg Miller is blowing up about it, you know it's bad.

Yet you still have the usual clowns trying to defend it. Talk about having your head shoved firmly up a corporation's arse!

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FireEmblem_Man
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@cainetao11 said:
@Pedro said:

Lol, exactly... if a diehard cow like Greg Miller is blowing up about it, you know it's bad.

Yet you still have the usual clowns trying to defend it. Talk about having your head shoved firmly up a corporation's arse!

I'm so glad Sheep and Lemmings can get a long! No matter who the Market Leader, at least we can game together! Cows just autistic screeching how they don't need to cross-play

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44100 Posts

I don’t think I made it past five sentences in this total waste of a thread but I still wish that I had those few precious seconds of my life back.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BenjaminBanklin
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@cainetao11 said:
@Pedro said:

I'm so glad Sheep and Lemmings can get a long! No matter who the Market Leader, at least we can game together! Cows just autistic screeching how they don't need to cross-play

Uh huh, you guys are the best of friends now, and TOTALLY not united in an effort to stick it to Sony.

We'll see how long that unity lasts when MS makes a hybrid console to try and knock Nintendo out of the market. You people will be screaming bloody murder then.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#32 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5245 Posts

"Autistic screeching"? Is that insulting to people with autism?

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BenjaminBanklin
@Archangel3371 said:

I don’t think I made it past five sentences in this total waste of a thread but I still wished that I had those few precious seconds of my life back.

Literally here in System Wars everyday of his life fighting the good fight. Man, must be nice to be so above it all.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 FireEmblem_Man
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@cainetao11 said:

Uh huh, you guys are the best of friends now, and TOTALLY not united in an effort to stick it to Sony.

We'll how long that unity lasts when MS makes a hybrid console to try and knock Nintendo out of the market. You people will be screaming bloody murder then.

No we wouldn't, in fact, I love the idea if MS actually did make a hybrid console to compete against the Switch! Also, no one is united to stick it to Sony, we called them out on a BS practice that no one likes, and there's a majority of PS fans that are calling Sony, only you and a handful of SW cows are the ones autistic screeching that they don't.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hrt_rulz01

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@cainetao11 said:
@Pedro said:

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Archangel3371

@BenjaminBanklin: No, I just don’t go around acting like a total asshat.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BenjaminBanklin
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@cainetao11 said:

We'll how long that unity lasts when MS makes a hybrid console to try and knock Nintendo out of the market. You people will be screaming bloody murder then.

No we wouldn't, in fact, I love the idea if MS actually did make a hybrid console to compete against the Switch! Also, no one is united to stick it to Sony, we called them out on a BS practice that no one likes, and there's a majority of PS fans that are calling Sony, only you and a handful of SW cows are the ones autistic screeching that they don't.

Yes, you would. This is the same faction that port begs every game on the PS4 that's not on the Switch. What do you think will happen when MS makes a console hybrid superior to Nintendo's and makes a mounted effort to make sure that the console has no exclusives but the typical Nintendo 1st party? Switch has a 3rd party AAA problem now. It's a wrap if MS can get in on that market.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52423 Posts

Reads like a neogaf post.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 BenjaminBanklin
@Archangel3371 said:

@BenjaminBanklin: No, I just don’t go around acting like a total asshat.

Oh, okay. You're just here in SW because of mysterious reasons? K.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Archangel3371

@BenjaminBanklin: No, I’m here to talk about games and gaming in general. Not really a very “mysterious reason”.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 hrt_rulz01
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Yes, you would. This is the same faction that port begs every game on the PS4 that's not on the Switch. What do you think will happen when MS makes a console hybrid superior to Nintendo's and makes a mounted effort to make sure that the console has no exclusives but the typical Nintendo 1st party? Switch has a 3rd party AAA problem now. It's a wrap if MS can get in on that market.

Lol, nice dodging of the point he was trying to make.... you can't acknowledge that Sony has & is continuing to completely fu*k this Fortnite thing up, can you? Cross-play is one thing (if they were "For the Players" they would allow it, but I digress), but blocking people from using their accounts with other devices is beyond ridiculous. Imagine if it was MS doing it... you & your herd would have created 30 threads about it by now.

Speaking of which, Quacknight has been awfully quiet on here since E3. Funny that.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 FireEmblem_Man
@freedomfreak said:

Reads like a ResetERA post.

Fixed for you

ocinom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ocinom

OMG, its so inconvenient to make another Free account for a free game!!! Also those VBucks that your parents paid for wont be transfered! Sony should close down.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BenjaminBanklin
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

Lol, nice dodging of the point he was trying to make.... you can't acknowledge that Sony has & is continuing to completely fu*k this Fortnite thing up, can you? Cross-play is one thing (if they were "For the Players" they would allow it, but I digress), but blocking people from using their accounts with other devices is beyond ridiculous. Imagine if it was MS doing it... you & your herd would have created 30 threads about it by now.

Speaking of which, Quacknight has been awfully quiet on here since E3. Funny that.

When they say "for the players" it sure as hell ain't for you goons. And we still don't know who's at fault. Other games on PS4 have cross-progression systems. But that's it. Screw crossplay. How will any of the console makers learn from their mistakes in the gen when all they have to do is mooch off of each other? This kumbaya bullshit wouldn't have even come up if Sony was lining the rear and you know it.

PS4 has the players, the other systems don't. And Nintendo was stupid enough to fall into this when they're gonna end up getting burned by it eventually. They think MS doesn't pose a threat to them now, but that's what everyone else said after MS walked all over their backs to get to the top.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 FireEmblem_Man
@ocinom said:

OMG, its so inconvenient to make another Free account for a free game!!! Also those VBucks that your parents paid for wont be transfered! Sony should close down.

Because there are people that worked hard building up their levels and loot! Or they may have spend on $$$$ for exclusive items? Having to make another account and start over is not worth it!

ocinom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ocinom

@FireEmblem_Man: if they love that free game so much $$$ and time won’t be an issue.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 FireEmblem_Man
@ocinom said:

@FireEmblem_Man: if they love that free game so much $$$ and time won’t be an issue.

Well it is for a lot of people! No one wants to start all over.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

What a clown, you've been missing me owning your dumb ass? I've been busy, and I don't have time to argue with butthurt morons like you over a garbage game like Fortnite.

You crying clowns are always bashing Sony but at the end of the day still want them to share their userbase to help your failing Flopbone lol.

ocinom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ocinom

@FireEmblem_Man: How many? Like millions of players? Unless it concerns half the total player base of fortnite then Sony won’t bend over.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By BenjaminBanklin
@quadknight said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

What a clown, you've been missing me owning your dumb ass? I've been busy, and I don't have time to argue with butthurt morons like you over a garbage game like Fortnite.

You crying clowns are always bashing Sony but at the end of the day still want them to share their userbase to help your failing Flopbone lol.

This. All that shit people talked about PSN, and all of Microsoft's bragging about XBL being superior, and now here comes everyone screaming at Sony to tear down the doors. And people wonder why Sony is politely telling them to get fucked.