IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By IvanGrozny
Member since 2015 • 1845 Posts

Perhaps, i will have to get Xbox or PS5 in the end, if I still want to play online shooters. And yes, you know the reason: the cheating is freaking rampant now on PC.

EA c*cksuckers completely gave up policing their games. Now cheaters run free on BF5 server 24/7. I had played BF5 on Origin and quit because of them. I wanted to revisit a game 2 years later on Gamepass, and oh boy, it only got worse. Reporting cheaters profiles does nothing. EA doesn't care.

9 out of 10 games I joined had cheaters. It's a complete shit show now: cheaters going 140 kills per game, half of people quitting in the middle of the game...Sometimes is 3 - 4 cheaters per team.

EA fucked it up. BF5 on Gamepass is unplayable, it's a f**cking nightmare.

PC desperately needs an new anti-cheat engine. I don't care be it a new Denuvi or always online control, just give me a stable online environment. F*ck modders, f*ck sweetFx guys. They can cry me a river, i want a stable and secure online.

Hey, I am even considering to try cloud gaming such as Stadia, if a BF game ever comes to it. I don't care about lag or graphics anymore.

I want f*cking cheating c*cksuckers gone.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22669 Posts

I'm not buying it because I don't enjoy playing competitive mp games when I already have such limited time to game. That entire genre is dead to me.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45101 Posts

Wow, I'm surprised this is coming from a hardcore Herm. This must be a legit issue haha.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

I don't really see many cheaters online these days to be honest. I know they're out there I just don't think they are really ruining things. Sorry you lost a match or two because of them but whatever man.

@ivangrozny said:

PC desperately needs an new anti-cheat engine. Idk be a new Denuvi or always online control, just give me a stable online environment.

Also iirc Denuvo is anti-tamper software, not anticheat. I might be wrong though.

@ivangrozny said:

EA c*cksuckers...

I want f*cking cheating c*cksuckers gone....

Loading Video...

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8853 Posts

@ivangrozny: If You have game pass, it will be free on XSX.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

lul the game will support crossplay. console or pc, you will get fucked by hackers just like everyone is getting boned in Warzone.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@dabear: Free?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56089 Posts

I'm NOT buying another Battlefield game until they go back to Bad Company cause BC3 is long overdue or better yet, bring back Medal of Honor. Battlefield 4 was the last great game I enjoy if I'm being honest, I sometime go back replaying it.

Also, like @mrbojangles25 said, I don't see that many cheaters online for PC, they are very rare nowadays so I failed to see why people are still talking about cheaters? But then again, I only play SP games on PC, I barely play any MP games so that could be it.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

You shouldn’t buy it because BF has sucked since BF4.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1392 Posts

You shouldnt buy it at all. EAs skanky business attitude appals me. Although i got weak when i saw the DAO complete edition on a steaming pile of poop.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#11  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

@ivangrozny:

It was never really an issue until BFV. The game lacks true community operated servers and EA's anti-cheat and policing efforts are unacceptable. They can't get it done on the software front and they don't want to invest in live admins to police the servers. The reporting feature is so half-ass too. You will report players and they still terrorize servers for weeks or months before being banned. You should be able to report a cheater during play and a trained live admin will come spectate their play and analyze their stats. This would easily get rid of the rage cheaters and make the stealth cheaters question whether it is even worth it to try to cheat.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#12 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

I think the key words here are "EA doesn't care." Yeah, the last 18 years pretty much attests to that - EA really do not give a shit. Heard they don't even have a basic report system in BFV. That's nuts.

I heard the problem is significantly less pronounced in games that are more vigilant about this, like Apex Legends and Valorant. Might also helped that those games aren't as popular in China, where they seem to have a nihilistic "f*** you, got mine" attitude to online gaming.

Ah well. Not a multiplayer person, but I do empathise. Do what you think is right for you.

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 2078 Posts

@davillain-: I actually would would not mind a new WW2 Medal of honor done in the one man army style similar to Frontline. Even though it is extremely unrealistic I still think it would be awesome.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46260 Posts

I've been gaming online on PC since Age of Empires 2 (1999), MOHAA and RTCW (2001) and I've never seen cheating so blatant as in Star Wars: Battlefront, another one of EA/DICE's games.

Usually it's just one guy on the server going 110-0 and sniping people from across the map always doing one hit kills, even through walls and terrain.

Something an admin on the server would easily pick up on, and could easily ban.

Like @BassMan: explained, EA doesn't seem to be willing to invest in any of the solutions to get rid of cheaters.

In the end, I won't be buying the next Battlefield, because I didn't enjoy Battlefield V as much as I though I would. It was a terrible attempt at a WWII game and its live service went nowhere.

ocinom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ocinom
Member since 2008 • 1385 Posts

I have the same sentiments with those microdi** cheaters. Even when caught they'll just make a new account. These companies should implement some sort of hardware ban. Hell, even if Cold War zombies there's inf health cheaters. WTF. I'll stay away from competitive mp on PC for now

Postosuchus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Postosuchus
Member since 2005 • 907 Posts

Wow has it really gotten that bad? I used to play PC BF3 a ton and 4 to a lesser extent and occasionally there’d be a cheater, almost always only on the terrible yet popular bottleneck infantry maps like Metro, so they were easy to avoid when they did show up. Doesn’t bode well for BF6 if EA has gotten this lazy.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#17 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

if there is one thing that will ruin BF6, this will be it.

one of the main reasons I stopped playing BFV (along with a lack of team balancing). If the game is crossplay, EA should be more motivated to try and come up with good anti-cheat solutions, but it wont be easy.

This is definitely an area where the old way of doing things - community run servers with admins who could spectate/ban people at the drop of a hat - was far superior.

of course BF6 wont have that because they'll want to control everything and hackers will probably have a field day

Avatar image for deactivated-631373f44e9fd
deactivated-631373f44e9fd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-631373f44e9fd
Member since 2004 • 549 Posts

Let me call the wahmbulance for you.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

Yeah, this has been an issue in Warzone as well. Ran into a cheater the other night that was targeting me through the wall. It was only the one, but still annoying.

I'm pretty sure they are going to do crossplay like Modern Warfare/Warzone, though, so no one is safe.

I thought Battlefield 6 used Battleye cheat detection, which is at least better than the zero anti-cheat they had in Warzone.

If they want to leave Warzone in the dust, they will have to crack down on cheating. I know a lot of CoD people are pissed about it in Warzone, so another BR with actual anti-cheat would be a godsend for these players.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

Yeah, cheaters really suck. Imagine having to cheat in an online game to make yourself feel better. Yikes! 😅

Anyway I’m just going to play this on Xbox via Game Pass Ultimate myself.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

@loonski: Spoken like a true multiplayer cheater.

I will say, I miss the days of single player cheat codes. Not DLC bulls**t but actual codes using button presses at specific screens or during gameplay. Those were the days.

Avatar image for deactivated-631373f44e9fd
deactivated-631373f44e9fd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-631373f44e9fd
Member since 2004 • 549 Posts

Never cheated in a game ever, clownshoe.

Ppl die once to a cheater and then cry like this guy. Last time I ran into one was pubg more than a year ago. ONE.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#24  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Battlefield series lost it's way ages ago I doubt it will ever go back to what made it special. As for the cheating issue it was best handled when you where able to rent servers if you had a decent admin that wasn't a prick he would ban cheaters properly as much as he could it's far from perfect but better then not have any admin at all and letting the hackers run wild.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 R4gn4r0k

@DragonfireXZ95: Warzone definitely clamps down on cheaters:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-05-16-500-000-cheaters-have-been-banned-from-call-of-duty-warzone

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

@DragonfireXZ95: Warzone definitely clamps down on cheaters:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-05-16-500-000-cheaters-have-been-banned-from-call-of-duty-warzone

They do, but they didn't have active anti-cheat protection is what I meant.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#27 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

EA baddies.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4365 Posts

for me. fix the net code and love of god. limit perk on weapons/vehicle. bf4 did it poorly

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

If it's modern, which is highly likely if leaks are to be believed, then I'm buying it on PC.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

I knew there would be people claiming it's not true. Can't trust anyone here these days.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#31 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

It's not just Battlefield. Anti-cheat software is a fucking joke, and there's no anti-cheat software that isn't easily bypasses. As far as actual hacks go, they now have it so you can set random fail rates to give the illusion of human error, AI to control aiming and shooting that doesn't just snap to targets. The cheats are virtually undetectable either watching a player play or on the server side, and it has permeated virtually every aspect of online multiplayer gaming. All your shooters, Battlefield, COD, PUBG, Apex, Fortnite, CS:GO, all of them, and for Christ's sake, even Fall Guys and Among Us are FULL of them.

Competitive gaming on PC, and yes, even console because it happens there too, is an absolute cluster ****. It's why the only PC games I've been playing are co op games I can play with friends, or I tend to play something retro.

And to that guy who posted the article about 500,000 banned from Warzone.. you do realize that's just a drop in the bucket right? Those are just the ones dumb enough to get caught. Secondly, Warzone is "free to play" so all they have to do is create a new account, and they will, every single one of those 500,000 are back at it in under 20 minutes of being banned assuming they don't have backup accounts already ready to go. That 500,000 figure is maybe 10% of what is out there, and they're already back on the servers.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 R4gn4r0k

@DragonfireXZ95 said:

They do, but they didn't have active anti-cheat protection is what I meant.

Yup, they could definitely do better.

Avatar image for deactivated-611a8cd6e3c93
deactivated-611a8cd6e3c93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-611a8cd6e3c93
Member since 2013 • 421 Posts

I can somewhat relate to this topic. If those greedy console manufacturers didn't hold online play behind a paywall (it's literally paying for nothing for ****'s sake), i would play all my fighting games over there.

Really tired of those assholes ruining fun for everyone just because they have to compensate for their small pee-pee or whatever... 😒

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

Cheating is a major problem on PC in basically every game, but in games with large player counts, expect to see console players cheating too. I'll break it to you that way. Across all consoles, expect to find many players cheat in many online games now. It's quite pathetic and annoying, and you're not going to fully get away from it.

While we're on the topic, "pc problems" are now not just pc problems. In COD MW (and Black ops 5 to a lesser degree) for example, Xbox players basically can't load into certain maps in certain game modes without getting randomly kicked, a serious issue. For a while, PS4 players who had fired up a ps5 version were just straight up not allowed to play sometimes. Took Activision almost a week to solve it.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@WESTBLADE85: some devs handle cheaters better, like Capcom. Namco doesn't do anything though. Tekken 7 and SC6 are full of cheating losers. Still win against a lot of cheaters in Tekken 7 because cheats don't make up for years of experience.

mtron32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By mtron32
Member since 2006 • 4432 Posts

@TheEroica said:

I'm not buying it because I don't enjoy playing competitive mp games when I already have such limited time to game. That entire genre is dead to me.

I used to love them, it's not the same now that I'm older, friends don't play as much anymore (neither do I TBH). I have a much better time with single player COD or BF sessions. The format they're in now lends itself better to hour long experiences as well.

tribesjah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 tribesjah
Member since 2007 • 197 Posts

I am really hoping that the cheating problem is dealt with more effectively with this new BF game. The OP is correct the cheating in BF1 and BFV is rampant, and EA does absolutely nothing about it, its awful. Noobs just auto aiming and one shotting (they really need to get a life) which ruins the experience for everyone else on the server. Been mostly playing (competitive MP side) MW and BF1/BFV in past year, and in CoD this is not an issue (no hackers), but oh god are they rampant on BF.

I will still buy/play on PC as it is the superior experience (minus the hackers). Due to the KB/M the game just feels different on PC (way more faster paced and more crazy things happening). On console due to controller, its just a very slow feeling experience imo. Still fun but not the type of BF I am used to.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Yeah they really know how to ruin a game that's for sure.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#39 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34600 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

I don't really see many cheaters online these days to be honest. I know they're out there I just don't think they are really ruining things. Sorry you lost a match or two because of them but whatever man.

This.

I'm buying the game if it looks fun. Didn't like BF3, 4, 1, and 5 though.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

No BR or Single player campaign is a bit of a disappointment, I'll wait till it drops into gamepass a few months after release

Avatar image for killerpainrulez
killerpainrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 killerpainrulez
Member since 2021 • 135 Posts

@ivangrozny said:

Perhaps, i will have to get Xbox or PS5 in the end, if I still want to play online shooters. And yes, you know the reason: the cheating is freaking rampant now on PC.

EA c*cksuckers completely gave up policing their games. Now cheaters run free on BF5 server 24/7. I had played BF5 on Origin and quit because of them. I wanted to revisit a game 2 years later on Gamepass, and oh boy, it only got worse. Reporting cheaters profiles does nothing. EA doesn't care.

9 out of 10 games I joined had cheaters. It's a complete shit show now: cheaters going 140 kills per game, half of people quitting in the middle of the game...Sometimes is 3 - 4 cheaters per team.

EA fucked it up. BF5 on Gamepass is unplayable, it's a f**cking nightmare.

PC desperately needs an new anti-cheat engine. I don't care be it a new Denuvi or always online control, just give me a stable online environment. F*ck modders, f*ck sweetFx guys. They can cry me a river, i want a stable and secure online.

Hey, I am even considering to try cloud gaming such as Stadia, if a BF game ever comes to it. I don't care about lag or graphics anymore.

I want f*cking cheating c*cksuckers gone.

cheating happens on pc and console, nice troll.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2251 Posts

Mehh haven’t played BF in ages as it’s a crappy game, but I do play CS regularly and even though that game is free I almost never see any cheaters... so yeah 90 % of people who cry cheaters are just people who suck..