Hyrule Warriors coming in summer (Japan)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for KBFloYd
#1 Edited by KBFloYd (19583 posts) -

looks like hyrule warriors in on track for this year....

update your wiiu has no games either lists.

http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20140507_647154.html

Avatar image for freedomfreak
#2 Edited by freedomfreak (50295 posts) -

Yay?

You can't expect SW to see this as a legit game, that is to be part of the WiiU line-up for this year. It's like hyping a Kinect game, and before any of you sheep lose their shit, I actually like these games. And I'll be one of the few motherfuckers that'll pick this up.

Avatar image for DJ-Lafleur
#3 Edited by DJ-Lafleur (35549 posts) -

I don't know about this game

On one hand I'm a huge Zelda fan, and it is my favorite series. I also like when devs try something different with an IP. But I also never really found Dynasty Warriors' gameplay to look appealing to me. I guess I'll wait for more info about the game and wait and see how it turns out.

Avatar image for FoxbatAlpha
#4 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

looks like hyrule warriors in on track for this year....

update your wiiu has no games either lists.

http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20140507_647154.html

I came in here to flame the ever lovin shit out of you and....................Wow that game looks pretty cool. Cheers mate!

Avatar image for Capitan_Kid
#5 Edited by Capitan_Kid (6700 posts) -

Weve known this since day 1

Avatar image for drekula2
#6 Edited by drekula2 (3349 posts) -

7/10 probably

without puzzles and story, it will have a hard time being a good zelda game.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
#7 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (5268 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

Yay?

You can't expect SW to see this as a legit game, that is to be part of the WiiU line-up for this year. It's like hyping a Kinect game, and before any of you sheep lose their shit, I actually like these games. And I'll be one of the few motherfuckers that'll pick this up.

Damn right you'll pick it up.

Avatar image for freedomfreak
#8 Edited by freedomfreak (50295 posts) -
@princessgomez92 said:

Damn right you'll pick it up.

Day 1. Preordered. Locked and loaded. And all that stuff.

Would've been better if they went with Fire Emblem, but we'll see how this turns out.

Avatar image for Heil68
#9 Posted by Heil68 (57960 posts) -

@drekula2 said:

7/10 probably

without puzzles and story, it will have a hard time being a good zelda game.

Game doesn't look that great. I'd be surprised if it scores over a 6.

Avatar image for ladyblue
#10 Posted by LadyBlue (4943 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

Yay?

You can't expect SW to see this as a legit game, that is to be part of the WiiU line-up for this year. It's like hyping a Kinect game, and before any of you sheep lose their shit, I actually like these games. And I'll be one of the few motherfuckers that'll pick this up.

Except it isn't like the kinect tash.

Avatar image for freedomfreak
#11 Edited by freedomfreak (50295 posts) -
@ladyblue said:

Except it isn't like the kinect tash.

It's seen by SW as if it is.

DW games are the equivalent of lolkinect tash.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
#12 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (5268 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

@princessgomez92 said:

Damn right you'll pick it up.

Day 1. Preordered. Locked and loaded. And all that stuff.

Would've been better if they went with Fire Emblem, but we'll see how this turns out.

As long as I can play as Zelda, I'm happy.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
#13 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (5268 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

@ladyblue said:

Except it isn't like the kinect tash.

It's seen by SW as if it is.

DW games are the equivalent of lolkinect tash.

So basically it's awesome. Anything SW hates must be good.

Avatar image for freedomfreak
#14 Posted by freedomfreak (50295 posts) -
@princessgomez92 said:

So basically it's awesome. Anything SW hates must be good.

Well, you know I like DW.

Avatar image for Hatiko
#15 Edited by Hatiko (4669 posts) -
@freedomfreak said:
@princessgomez92 said:

So basically it's awesome. Anything SW hates must be good.

Well, you know I like DW.

JK JK. It just popped into my head.

Avatar image for lamprey263
#16 Edited by lamprey263 (35169 posts) -

Thing that worries me about Hyrule Warriors is that in the past Dynasty/Samurai Warriors games I've played there's always been lots of characters with their own story and campaign, their own special movies and weapons, their own alliances and enemies, and they had lots and lots of characters. For Hyrule Warriors, there's just Link, and a bunch of not too interesting and butt ugly enemies and environments. This is one game that won't see the light of day on my Wii U.

Avatar image for Wild_man_22
#17 Posted by Wild_man_22 (906 posts) -

Yuck city

Avatar image for Demonjoe93
#18 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9869 posts) -

I don't know about this game. I rented one of the newer Dynasty Warriors a while back, and I wasn't particularly impressed by it. In fact, it felt like the series has regressed since the PS2 days more than anything. Unless this game is bringing new elements to the game play to make it a compelling hack-and-slash, I doubt this game will be any good.

Avatar image for silversix_
#19 Posted by silversix_ (26347 posts) -

lol i forgot this garbage was once announced. hopefully it doesn't come anywhere near NA.

Avatar image for ladyblue
#20 Posted by LadyBlue (4943 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

lol i forgot this garbage was once announced. hopefully it doesn't come anywhere near NA.

It's coming and its not up for debate.

Avatar image for silversix_
#21 Edited by silversix_ (26347 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

@silversix_ said:

lol i forgot this garbage was once announced. hopefully it doesn't come anywhere near NA.

It's coming and its not up for debate.

Avatar image for ladyblue
#22 Posted by LadyBlue (4943 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

@ladyblue said:

@silversix_ said:

lol i forgot this garbage was once announced. hopefully it doesn't come anywhere near NA.

It's coming and its not up for debate.

What are you looking at Clooney?

Avatar image for silversix_
#23 Edited by silversix_ (26347 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

@silversix_ said:

@ladyblue said:

@silversix_ said:

lol i forgot this garbage was once announced. hopefully it doesn't come anywhere near NA.

It's coming and its not up for debate.

What are you looking at Clooney?

Hyrule Warriors graphics and gameplay

Avatar image for ladyblue
#24 Edited by LadyBlue (4943 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

Hyrule Warriors graphics and gameplay

He looks very impressed. Can't blame him,zelda games tend to bring out the best in people.

Avatar image for StrongDeadlift
#25 Posted by StrongDeadlift (5496 posts) -

Amazing what Ninty are doing with the Gamecube these days.

Avatar image for DocSanchez
#26 Edited by DocSanchez (4556 posts) -

I thought Nintendo machines were only supported for about two years before being dropped.

Apologies Nintendo and kudos for supporting the GameCube after all this time.

Edit: Damn. Obvious joke was obviously obvious! Well done strongdeadlift!

Avatar image for locopatho
#27 Posted by locopatho (23266 posts) -

Wow ugly graphics and meh button bashy gameplay. How could anyone resist such a pile of garbage. And I thought Link's Crossbow Training was a bad Zelda spinoff, kudos to Nintendo for showing me the light ;)

Avatar image for 93BlackHawk93
#28 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (8508 posts) -

@locopatho said:

Wow ugly graphics and meh button bashy gameplay. How could anyone resist such a pile of garbage. And I thought Link's Crossbow Training was a bad Zelda spinoff, kudos to Nintendo for showing me the light ;)

This is going to be pretty bad, but you honestly think it's going to be worse than LCT?

Avatar image for locopatho
#29 Edited by locopatho (23266 posts) -

@93BlackHawk93 said:

@locopatho said:

Wow ugly graphics and meh button bashy gameplay. How could anyone resist such a pile of garbage. And I thought Link's Crossbow Training was a bad Zelda spinoff, kudos to Nintendo for showing me the light ;)

This is going to be pretty bad, but you honestly think it's going to be worse than LCT?

I didn't play LCT but reviews seemed to think it was a decent rail shooter. I think this one will get trashed.

For me personally I guess they are equally bad, no interest in either.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
#31 Posted by deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd (12449 posts) -

Awful form of fan service....

Avatar image for Meinhard1
#32 Edited by Meinhard1 (6790 posts) -

Rats.

Game looked like it could be good if the game were at a very early point in development at the time of the trailer and still had another year and a half of development left.

Avatar image for nintendoboy16
#33 Edited by nintendoboy16 (34533 posts) -

@locopatho said:

@93BlackHawk93 said:

@locopatho said:

Wow ugly graphics and meh button bashy gameplay. How could anyone resist such a pile of garbage. And I thought Link's Crossbow Training was a bad Zelda spinoff, kudos to Nintendo for showing me the light ;)

This is going to be pretty bad, but you honestly think it's going to be worse than LCT?

I didn't play LCT but reviews seemed to think it was a decent rail shooter. I think this one will get trashed.

As will I. DW/SW almost NEVER get praised from critics.