PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 3921 Posts

Glad I'm not the only one who thought the sound design is top notch in Hunt and the video quite succinctly explains the draw of the game and its uniqueness.

Sadly, it's not a game for me. Too hard and also I don't have the patience anymore as this tells you. May be some of you who likes these kind of games can get onboard.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 1654 Posts

Noticed it being top notch over a year ago. What i would give for EFT to have this sound quality.

Avatar image for pinkribbonscars
PinkRibbonScars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PinkRibbonScars
Member since 2019 • 939 Posts

I've owned it since alpha but I just can't get into it

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 25926 Posts

Game is awesome. You guys should find some dudes to play with and learn the weapons and maps. Worth it, I tells ye!

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 1486 Posts

My pc ran it like balls on the beta, but I love the theme and the idea of sound determining the actions you take. And the day maps should be removed. Fighting a giant spider monster is ten times scarier at night.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 1814 Posts

DICE games have good audio design too, especially with their weaponry BUT, yes, their audio positioning isn't that great compared to Hunt.

I've played this game with my friends. While it's not my cup of tea, I do see how this is fun for some players. The problem is, this game is hardcore, like Tarkov.

The lowest common denominator would always want handhold-y games, and of course, those games sell. Esports games are fast-paced too while keeping that skill ceiling up.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 141

#7  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 11975 Posts

I played it during a free trial period a long time ago and I found it to be a shallow experience that got old quick. There really wasn't much incentive to engage with PvE enemies and explore. Basically, it came down to getting clues to find the monster, kill it, and extract. You may run into some other players or not. Great atmosphere, but not much gameplay around it.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 63074 Posts

@BassMan said:

I played it during a free trial period a long time ago and I found it to be a shallow experience that got old quick. There really wasn't much incentive to engage with PvE enemies and explore. Basically, it came down to getting clues to find the monster, kill it, and extract. You may run into some other players or not. Great atmosphere, but not much gameplay around it.

How I felt after playing it as well. Waste of time and playing with fire to mess with PvE shit, as it gives location away. And as far as PvPing people its bog standard shooter shit. There is some tension to needing to get the hell out of dodge and stealing peoples bounty, but that sort of slow build up to tense action is done better by battle royale games at this point.

The monsters are also a super drag to fight. Large HP pools, not all that interesting in terms of their attack options, and often just feel prolonged to the tune if another team was already engaged with the monster, my crew always let them do the job for us, and we kill them after.

It was fun enough for a few rounds, but not something I'm super yearning to go back to. If I want to PvP I would much rather play a more consistent, built for straight up competitive play game. Skill Up is pretty trash tho, not surprised he likes a meh game.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BassMan

@jg4xchamp: Yeah, the risk/reward was poorly designed. Like you said, engaging with the enemies is playing with fire. You are drawing attention to yourself and wasting time. Without a compelling reward that would give you an advantage against the monsters or other players, there is no point.

Also, the lack of content was a glaring flaw. Same map, same monsters. That shit gets old real quick.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#10 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 14766 Posts

such an awesome setting wasted on MP/ Coop game.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Litchie

Lol, you're such pussies.

@jg4xchamp said:
@BassMan said:

How I felt after playing it as well. Waste of time and playing with fire to mess with PvE shit, as it gives location away. And as far as PvPing people its bog standard shooter shit. There is some tension to needing to get the hell out of dodge and stealing peoples bounty, but that sort of slow build up to tense action is done better by battle royale games at this point.

Bog standard shooter shit? Lol no.

Tension is done better by other BR games? LOL no.

@BassMan said:

@jg4xchamp: Yeah, the risk/reward was poorly designed. Like you said, engaging with the enemies is playing with fire. You are drawing attention to yourself and wasting time. Without a compelling reward that would give you an advantage against the monsters or other players, there is no point.

Also, the lack of content was a glaring flaw. Same map, same monsters. That shit gets old real quick.

The point is that the PvE stuff should hinder you and make the game harder and scarier. You often sneak around monsters in order to not give away your position. You often don't kill monsters unless you need to in order for monsters to not attack you while you're doing something, or if you know no other hunter is nearby. The point of killing monsters is that it counts as experience towards your hunter if you manage to extract. Like a compelling reward that gets you an advantage over monsters or other players.

Game also has two maps now, with a 3rd incoming. I don't think they need to hurry with the maps. I still need to learn them better, they're big. And I've played the game for ~200 hours now. Heard a new boss monster was coming as well.

A bit sad when a gem like this comes around and gets shot down by casuals. Hopefully it gets the attention it deserves outside CasualSpot.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ghosts4ever

@Litchie said:

A bit sad when a gem like this comes around and gets shot down by casuals. Hopefully it gets the attention it deserves outside CasualSpot.

It needed a single player. without that its just a game that wasted good setting actually.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Litchie

@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

It needed a single player. without that its just a game that wasted good setting actually.

The game was designed for MP. If they made it SP, it would suck balls, unless they made a completely different game. Ghosts being afraid of MP, what else is new?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ghosts4ever

@Litchie said:

The game was designed for MP. If they made it SP, it would suck balls, unless they made a completely different game. Stop being an idiot.

how amazing would be if crytek make semi open wild west shooter?

but no they decide to make some shitty Coop/MP game no one cares wasted on western setting.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Litchie

@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

The game was designed for MP. If they made it SP, it would suck balls, unless they made a completely different game. Stop being an idiot.

how amazing would be if crytek make semi open wild west shooter?

but no they decide to make some shitty Coop/MP game no one cares wasted on western setting.

The game is actually awesome. I've played it a lot.

Your opinions are generally shit. And you haven't played it.

No one cares? Most gamers are casual gamers, who'd rather play CoD or Battlefield. Then there's others who actually do care. Playerbase seem big enough..

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ghosts4ever

@Litchie said:

No one cares? Most gamers are casual gamers, who'd rather play CoD or Battlefield. Then there's others who actually do care. Playerbase seem big enough..

BF and COD are MP games. futher proven my point. most casuals play BF, COD, PUBG and fortnite.

what im saying that crytek waste another potential to turn it into MP/Coop game. these games are staler than dishwasher.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Litchie

@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

BF and COD are MP games. futher proven my point.

Umm. What point? That all MP games ever are shit? Or that Hunt should be a completely different SP game?

And why are you repeating to me that casuals like CoD and BF? I already said that.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

BF and COD are MP games. futher proven my point.

Umm. What point? That all MP games ever are shit? Or that Hunt should be a completely different SP game?

And why are you repeating to me that casuals like CoD and BF? I already said that.

but you also like nintendo games like mario and zelda that are babies games. so?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Litchie

@ghosts4ever: Yeah so? What's your point here then? I don't play games that don't give me a challenge. Both Mario and Zelda gives me challenges children can't complete. But you barely play games, so I'm not sure why you're trying to have opinions about them.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ghosts4ever

@Litchie said:

@ghosts4ever: Yeah so? What's your point here then? I don't play games that don't give me a challenge. Both Mario and Zelda gives me challenges children can't complete. But you barely play games, so I'm not sure why you're trying to have opinions about them.

but they still feel kiddy games. Mario is kiddy game and mascot for kids.

kid games can be challenging but can remain childish games.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 18763 Posts

Almost kinda sorta maybe feel bad for Ghosts.

Imagine FPS being your favorite genre, but you're scared of multiplayer. Basically missing out on by far the best aspect of your favorite genre, only occasionally getting a decent scrap with a legit good single player game.

It's almost as bad as being a fighting game fan and only playing arcade mode lol.

And you know Ghosts can't complete a Mario game. Might be able to beat a Zelda game if he follows a guide.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jg4xchamp
@Litchie said:

Lol, you're such pussies.

@jg4xchamp said:

Bog standard shooter shit? Lol no.

Tension is done better by other BR games? LOL no.

lol no is neither a counter point nor enlightens me on what I may or may not have missed about a games systems. Unlike most posters here, I am more than capable of being told I didn't get the systems of a game as I value that type of shit.

As a free style player, I have no problem ignoring overly optimal strategies in single player games, if there is a funner way to play the game. It's why I don't let cheese strats ruin what are otherwise good systems to me. IN a PvP environment that becomes less of a compelling thing to stick to, when I have a dominant strategy that seems to be the better option every time.

Either way pragmatic reasons are why majority of people do anything in a game, and nothing about the games set up gives me reason to shoot up n murder the zombies along the way, other than its boring as **** to go from clue after clue to your destination.

When it comes to actually engaging other players, not a whole lot of systems I haven't deal with before: walk, run, crouch, aim for accuracy boost n consistency over running n gunning, shoot, a melee weapon. Throw in a few changes to how health works (not regening all the way if you get burned, acid, or what have you), and it isn't exactly some overly complicated take on that type of action, certainly not in a genre as old as the FPS. Ergo a lot of it is bog standard.

Now you're more than welcome to educate me on what I'm actually incorrect on.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jg4xchamp

@ConanTheStoner said:

Almost kinda sorta maybe feel bad for Ghosts.

Imagine FPS being your favorite genre, but you're scared of multiplayer. Basically missing out on by far the best aspect of your favorite genre, only occasionally getting a decent scrap with a legit good single player game.

It's almost as bad as being a fighting game fan and only playing arcade mode lol.

And you know Ghosts can't complete a Mario game. Might be able to beat a Zelda game if he follows a guide.

Loading Video...

Legendary Mario 64: Don't like the stupid carpet? Cool, git gud and style all over that level

some dumb ghost game: crouch n hide behind this wall n take pot shots, because "mah realism" or some shit.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BassMan

@Litchie: The game is boring once you realize that is all there is to it. I had no interest in grinding and long term character progression. I want rewards that I can benefit from in the match. An ability, tactical advantage, super armour/weapon, a special gadget, etc.. Killing enemies for XP doesn't do it for me. Best to just get the clues, kill the monster, and extract. I didn't see the point in engaging with the enemies and they didn't really get in my way much. The game was just lame. I don't care for the format. Finding bullshit clues that lead to the same monsters over and over.... yawn. Also, the PvP aspects are not exciting to me. I would rather play a game like Battlefield. I don't know if Hunt: Showdown is better now, but I don't really give a shit about it at this point as they have already lost me.

I can appreciate that they were trying to do something different, but it reminded me of Evolve. Kinda cool for a little bit, but boring as fuk after a while. I feel the same way about horde/wave shooters and looter shooters. Once I have exhausted all the original content, the grind and repetition involved with endgame progression just turns me off. MP games have to be dynamic and have really solid competition for me to keep playing them over and over.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 34068 Posts

So true.

All this talk about graphics, and who has the most powerful hardware. Sound design goes a long way too.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DaVillain-
Member since 2014 • 42468 Posts

Hunt: Showdown wasn't my kind of game, so I didn't play much of it.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26048 Posts

Great game. Definitely a fan of what Crytek pulled off here after the disappointing Crysis sequels. Here's to hoping they use that some of that acquired game design knowledge in the Crysis remake.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ghosts4ever

@DragonfireXZ95 said:

Great game. Definitely a fan of what Crytek pulled off here after the disappointing Crysis sequels. Here's to hoping they use that some of that acquired game design knowledge in the Crysis remake.

Crysis is remastered (its impossible to remake a game that still looks good except should have completely overhaul second half) so it will be just visual updated.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DaVillain-

@DragonfireXZ95: All I really want from Crytek is Crysis 4. Is that too much to ask? Guess I'll settle for the remake.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 10901 Posts

@davillain-: I hope the remake revives Crysis multiplayer. Having a Battlefield like experience with the nanosuit was fun along with the custom maps. EA and Crytek let the multiplayer die completely when Gamespy went under.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ghosts4ever

@davillain- said:

@DragonfireXZ95: All I really want from Crytek is Crysis 4. Is that too much to ask? Guess I'll settle for the remake.

I believe Crysis 4 in this day and age can work. they will make semi sandbox game once again since its a trend now.

in 2011 the consoles were so weak that you couldnot make Crysis sequel without dumbing them down. now we have games that are more ambitious than Crysis 1.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 3921 Posts

@NoodleFighter said:

@davillain-: I hope the remake revives Crysis multiplayer. Having a Battlefield like experience with the nanosuit was fun along with the custom maps. EA and Crytek let the multiplayer die completely when Gamespy went under.

Bingo! They had a thing going with Crysis MP and God knows why they decided to let go in favor of CoD experience. Crysis Wars was a fan favorite.

Crytek literally had everything right and they just needs to keep iterating on it. They could have also monetized it better with MTs (not that I like it) like they originally hoped with the GaaS thing and they also had a solid SP game. They really screwed the pooch with their shortsightedness and chasing that console money.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DaVillain-

@ghosts4ever: @NoodleFighter: I like to see how my 2070/2700X stacks up to the remake, and while the first game did got me into the world of gaming PC, I'm actually hype for the remake, I forgotten what the MP was like.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Litchie

@BassMan: Fair enough dude.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jg4xchamp

How you gonna "fair enough dude" after coming in all butt blasted about your game being knocked (for pretty reasonable knocks no less), earlier. Man miss me with that shit.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Litchie
@jg4xchamp said:

How you gonna "fair enough dude" after coming in all butt blasted about your game being knocked (for pretty reasonable knocks no less), earlier. Man miss me with that shit.

Didn't see your earlier reply, beg your pardon. The fair enough was just me seeing why Bass didn't like the game. I don't agree, since I like a lot of things with the game you dudes didn't, and I didn't care enough about this to go into a debate on the matter. Didn't realise I was coming across as having my butt blasted, lol.

On boring as **** going from clue to clue: Yeah, I get it, but I don't think so. On the way I watch the scenery, talk strategies with my friends, listen for other hunters, kill some monsters to level up my weapons. The weapons and shooting and the general feel of the game makes that entertaining enough for me.

On bog standard FPS: I get why you think that as well, but I don't. No, it's not a very overly complicated take on that kind of action (not sure which FPS is), but how the game and weapons feel makes it stand out a lot from other FPSs I've played. I certainly haven't played many games like this before.

Big maps, beautiful graphics, sweet sound design, gameplay with great feeling (and looking) weapons, nice atmosphere, interesting mix of PVP and PVE, changing from a sneaky scary game to a panic inducing gun fight-y game several times during ~20 minute matches. It's fun, man.