Huge layoffs about to hit MS...Xbox Team Included

• 121 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5819 Posts

Take over a company with 10's of thousands of staff.

Move the good staff around the business into various departments.

Get rid of dead wood in the whole company.

Shame for those losing their jobs but its business and all this crap about its the end is just bull.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#102 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@kingtito said:

True, they can just keep selling off buildings. If that doesn't work they can sell of another division. SELL!! SELL!! SELL!!!....where is Beeks.

Long enough to see MS give up on XBox.

haha, zing!

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 misterpmedia

@EasyComeEasyGo said:

@blackace said:

@EasyComeEasyGo said:

Good for MS, just want them to suffer more and more as I enjoy my PS4. That's what you get for marketing the Xcrap the wrong way and you paid the price.

I don't think they are suffering at all. They aren't selling any buildings, stocks of divisions just to stay in business like Sony has been doing. Even though they didn't market the system properly, they are still the 3rd faster selling game console in the history of game consoles. How that results in "paid the price" & "crapping system" is completely beyond me. Fanboys like yourself are completely delusional.

Yeah like I care what you think of me.

lol learn to ignore it. Any lem, even the sub genres of their kind like blackace the mantilem there, usually revert to going personal with the user instead of addressing the points at hand. Classic tactic to bolster their comments with their own BS, they can't help themselves.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#104  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

@EasyComeEasyGo said:

@blackace said:

@EasyComeEasyGo said:

Good for MS, just want them to suffer more and more as I enjoy my PS4. That's what you get for marketing the Xcrap the wrong way and you paid the price.

I don't think they are suffering at all. They aren't selling any buildings, stocks of divisions just to stay in business like Sony has been doing. Even though they didn't market the system properly, they are still the 3rd faster selling game console in the history of game consoles. How that results in "paid the price" & "crapping system" is completely beyond me. Fanboys like yourself are completely delusional.

Yeah like I care what you think of me.

lol learn to ignore it. Any lem, even the sub genres of their kind like blackace the mantilem there, usually revert to going personal with the user instead of addressing the points at hand. Classic tactic to bolster their comments with their own BS, they can't help themselves.

The points were addressed. He just didn't like them and chosed to ignore them. Just like yourself. We know you Cows don't like facts, especially when it's against your precious Sony. lol!!

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 misterpmedia

@blackace said:

The points were addressed. He just didn't like them and chosed to ignore them. Just like yourself. We know you Cows don't like facts, especially when it's against your precious Sony. lol!!

>chosed,
lol

If you're referring to reply you gave me earlier then I would say you missed the point entirely hence ignoring it since it's your usual mantilem drivel. I'll explain it to you while you put back on your MS armour in time for your whiteknightery: Lems continue to act like MS is untouchable in these subjects, this proves they aren't. Nothing more needs to be said. Well done on not attacking me personally though, I'm sure that took some restraint.

Avatar image for delete-easycomeeasygo
delete-EasyComeEasyGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 delete-EasyComeEasyGo
Member since 2011 • 382 Posts

@blackace First of all you know nothing about me so keep your opinions to your damn self. Second, how do you know I'm a fanboy when I own not just a PS4 but a Wii U also? (I just got a Wii U last May along with Mario Kart 8) And last, I'm getting an Xbox One maybe this year or not depending what exclusive game is appealing to me.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@misterpmedia said:
@blackace said:

>chosed,

lol

If you're referring to reply you gave me earlier then I would say you missed the point entirely hence ignoring it since it's your usual mantilem drivel. I'll explain it to you while you put back on your MS armour in time for your whiteknightery: Lems continue to act like MS is untouchable in these subjects, this proves they aren't. Nothing more needs to be said. Well done on not attacking me personally though, I'm sure that took some restraint.

Never said they were untouchable. They've had layoffs before this one, so.... All I'm saying is it's not as devastating as idiotic Cows think because Microsoft isn't doing it to show a profit or to stay afloat. That's my point. They obviously have employees that are no longer needed in different areas of the company. Cows continue to think Sony isn't in trouble financially. That may come back and bite them before this generation is over.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/15/business/international/sony-expects-annual-net-loss-as-it-continues-to-restructure.html?_r=0

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#108 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

System Wars really doesn't have any class, does it?

Hopefully, the thousands of people being affected can get on their feet again and find new jobs soon.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#109  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts
@blackace said:

@effec_tor said:

Oh well.. Xbox did have a good run.

And they are still running and running and running. It's a marathon.

Some might even say they are headed towards a cliff.

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

@blackace said:

>chosed,

lol

you guys do realize that those 5,000 lay-offs came from M$ taking in 30,000 workers from Nokia, or are we just gonna ignore that?

"While many of the cuts will be from the recently acquired Nokia handset division—30,000 jobs were added as a result of the $7 billion deal—marketing jobs in other divisions such as Xbox may also take a hit, according to the sources."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2014/07/15/microsoft-reportedly-set-to-layoff-thousands/

So yet another fail. M$ has money to burn that 7 billion they spent shows just how bad the XB1 not selling as good as PS4 has hurt the company. So what was that about M$ not being untouchable....?

_SWAG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 _SWAG_
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

best believe xbone will not make it this gen. it's like the first xbox n the xbone bombed hard but this time halo can't save them. m$ gonna sell xbox brand this gen watch. xbone is the worst console ever created imho facts

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

@Shewgenja said:

@kingtito said:

True, they can just keep selling off buildings. If that doesn't work they can sell of another division. SELL!! SELL!! SELL!!!....where is Beeks.

Long enough to see MS give up on XBox.

haha, zing!

Riiiggghhhtttt, because all signs point to MS giving up on Xbox............keep fighting the good fight cows.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#113  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14411 Posts

@_SWAG_ said:

best believe xbone will not make it this gen. it's like the first xbox n the xbone bombed hard but this time halo can't save them. m$ gonna sell xbox brand this gen watch. xbone is the worst console ever created imho facts

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

Sign of the times and bad economy, Sony is due to layoff another 5k soon as well.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@_SWAG_ said:

You should use only 1 of the two

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@kingtito said:

More like cows not knowing the difference between acquiring a company and getting rid of redundant jobs and selling off buildings AND laying off to keep your company afloat.

I had no idea MS acquired Xbox marketing from Nokia.

slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By slimdogmilionar

@_SWAG_ said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@kingtito said:

More like cows not knowing the difference between acquiring a company and getting rid of redundant jobs and selling off buildings AND laying off to keep your company afloat.

Cows are the dumbest people on SW hopefully you guys learn to read this time

you guys do realize that those 5,000 lay-offs came from M$ taking in 30,000 workers from Nokia, or are we just gonna ignore that?

"While many of the cuts will be from the recently acquired Nokia handset division—30,000 jobs were added as a result of the $7 billion deal—marketing jobs in other divisions such as Xbox may also take a hit, according to the sources."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2014/07/15/microsoft-reportedly-set-to-layoff-thousands/

So yet another fail. M$ has money to burn that 7 billion they spent shows just how bad the XB1 not selling as good as PS4 has hurt the company. So what was that about M$ not being untouchable....?

It would take years for M$ to be as broke as Sony is now, even if Xbox did bomb this whole generation M$ could still afford to build a next gen system. They bought Nokia for $7 billion dollars... $7 billion aka over one third of Sony's net worth. M$ is worth around $300 billion that means they could buy Sony ten times and still be worth more than Sony with the money they'd have left over.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 misterpmedia

@kingtito said:

haha, zing!

Riiiggghhhtttt, because all signs point to MS giving up on Xbox............keep fighting the good fight cows.

He got you good, just suck it up.

@blackace said:

>chosed,

lol

Never said they were untouchable. They've had layoffs before this one, so....

Did I say you, specifically? I said lems as a collective, Have they? Wouldn't have thought so by how lems go on about MS. Maybe they missed that memo.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@slimdogmilionar said:

Cows are the dumbest people on SW hopefully you guys learn to read this time

That's the point I was making, genius.

It would take years for M$ to be as broke as Sony is now, even if Xbox did bomb this whole generation M$ could still afford to build a next gen system. They bought Nokia for $7 billion dollars... $7 billion aka over one third of Sony's net worth. M$ is worth around $300 billion that means they could buy Sony ten times and still be worth more than Sony with the money they'd have left over.

Reality check time: most of that profit came from Windows and Office and they ain't flushing that much of it down the toilet for the Xbox brand.

slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 slimdogmilionar

@GrenadeLauncher: my b

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Let's sit back and watch the worst fanboys talk about this for a minute.... Well that was funny but sad that cows can't read. Good luck to those Nokia employees which the majority of these cuts where made from.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@kingtito said:

Guess you should read more but that would require you to remove your head from Sony's ass.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

Feel bad for the people that lost their jobs,,,,but

Loading Video...

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

No need for 2 of threads on the front page.

Keep it in this updated thread http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/microsoft-announces-biggest-ever-job-cuts-18-000-31438516/#40