How's It Feel Knowing Cows Will Laugh Last & Hardest?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Roy_Drage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Roy_Drage
Member since 2007 • 48 Posts

That cows will have the last laugh when by the end of this gen, the PS3 will have sold another 100 million + like BOTH it's forefathers.    You can call the "oh can I borrow your crystal ball", "oh, teh pyschic", and all that other "in denial hogwash........You may even try your old "don't judge from past as look at Nintendo from snes to n64".    Well, that's a good point, but even better points are that Nintendo never sold 100 million + consoles on their very 1st attempt at even producing one, neither did MS, Sega, Atari, or any other console manufactuer in the history of the biz, except Sony....Not only that, they backed it up with the PS2 being even more successful in a shorter timeframe than it's predessesor..... 

How did Sony manage this miracle twice, well this answer is easy, basically they out muscled all competition (including the infinately more rich MS) with marketing + masses of top quality games & new ip's covering every genre & even making their own new ones along the way (parrapa).......   Lets also not forget that unlike the so called by lemmings disposable money burning business that is MS, Sony supported both PS1 & 2 at least 1-2 years after they were superceeded.   Wheras in stark contrast, MS decided to save their wads of cash & abondon production of the xbox months before 360 released...... Now lemmings are trying to tell cows to watch out as Sony will screw them over again?????

Whoa, stop the god damn bus, did I miss something?    Casuals who only just bought a xbox 1 1-2 years (or less) before it's discontinuation, would be feeling somewhat peeved right now.  I mean if their xbox blows up, they will have to search high & low to get a 2nd hand one that may only last 2 days.      So Ms is saying to them, buy the 360 sukkas.

So after this long winded post I'd like lemmings to ask  themselves this question.... How does it feel knowing time is coming crashing down on the 360 & that you have been paying out Sony & cows with such untoward hatred, is going to backfire on you with extreme velocity & you will once again be the laughing stock of system wars by supporting the well whupped MS console?   

You know it's already happening, you can hold onto your MS falcified 10million dream for a bit longer, but we all know that the Sony shadow will cast over them & rain doom down upon their pathetic, so called exclusive range & minimalistic (at best) 1st party releases.      

Anyone who doesn't see this coming is very blinded by fanboyism.     And quote all you like for future ownage........But be warned, I will be the one doing all the ownage with other more intelligent species (cows), who don't have to be rocket scientists to see how this one is gonna play out......AGAIN.    

Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Lilac_Benjie
Member since 2006 • 12287 Posts

NES. SNES.

Nintendo are the real forefathers. 

GsSanAndreas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GsSanAndreas
Member since 2004 • 3075 Posts
He who laughs last laughs the hardest
Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 Ninja-Vox
Member since 2006 • 16314 Posts
How does it feel to have nothing positive to say about your blind fanboyish system of choice other than "teh future potential"? :|
Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lilac_Benjie

He who laughs last laughs the hardestGsSanAndreas

Which will be sheep. When Wii sells 150 million and increases the videogame industry by 52%.

deathmasterk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deathmasterk
Member since 2006 • 716 Posts

who cares? i do not think anyone here will lose any sleep!

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts

I too think the PS3 will do extremely well in sales and make a great experience for gamers just like both the PS1 and PS2. I also think PS3 will win the console war.

How's it feel knowing I'll get the last laugh? 

Indifferent. I don't really care, everyone gets caught up in the hype at some point or another and eventually all those hating on the PS3 right now will just get caught in the hype when the standout games arrive (some will continue hating but what can you do?). 

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts

I do enjoy unsubstantiated predictions that the PS3 will obviously succeed based on it's common flaws in the PS2 and PS1, blatantly ignoring it has none of their advantages.

Yes, it's fine to predict the PS3 will succeed, but bring something relevant to the discussion please. 

hyruledweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hyruledweller
Member since 2006 • 3168 Posts
History repeats itself, ps3 wont win.
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 the-very-best

How does it feel to have nothing positive to say about your blind fanboyish system of choice other than "teh future potential"? :|Ninja-Vox

PS3 and Wii are just getting started. We have to wait till the games arrive. We did that for the 360 and we will do it for the PS3/Wii.

Oh, and PS2 is still going strong, so there is no real reason to upgrade yet. 

Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lilac_Benjie

I also think PS3 will win the console war.the-very-best

I don't see that as being possible. Even if the price drops to $250, Sony pushes a heavy advertising campaign, and PS3 has 10+ new AAA titles each year of release, I don't think Playstation 3 can compete with Wii.

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 the-very-best

I do enjoy unsubstantiated predictions that the PS3 will obviously succeed based on it's common flaws in the PS2 and PS1, blatantly ignoring it has none of their advantages.

Yes, it's fine to predict the PS3 will succeed, but bring something relevant to the discussion please.

Danm_999

None of their advantages?

dubvisions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dubvisions
Member since 2006 • 1815 Posts

How does it feel to have nothing positive to say about your blind fanboyish system of choice other than "teh future potential"? :|Ninja-Vox

At least "potential" can be used in the same sentense as PS3.  360, on the other hand, has hit its peak.  The only to get more out of the 360 is to release more models............. can you say Elite?

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#14 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
I think sales for the PS3 will be less than half that of the PS2 overall.  It costs more, is really only appealing to HDTV owners, and it's more reliable so people won't buy it multiple times.
Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Danm_999
[QUOTE="Danm_999"]

the-very-best

Beyond being of the same brand, not really.

They don't have the price advantage, they don't have the early start advantage, due to the increasing cost of producing games, their even losing their 3rd party exclusivity advantage, nor do they have the advantage of being a player for a modern and proliferate format.

Low price, early accessibility and a quality range of 3rd party games and DVD/CD compatibility are what made the PS1 and PS2 huge hits, at least in my opinion.

Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lilac_Benjie

Sony won the console war due to repeat hardware failures and by appealing to casuals within the already existing demographic. This generation Nintendo are appealing to casuals outside of the existing demographic.

From casual hardware aesthetics, approachable controls, a good new idea, and an indifference to conservative videogame values, Wii will win over a new crowd of gamers. In short; Nintendo want yo' momma.

MythManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MythManiac
Member since 2005 • 511 Posts

I am willing to give Sony the benefit of the doubt, but you got to realize, the PS3 won't be the casual selling machine that the PS2 was. Especially since GTA and Madden are on the 360, and the fact that the price is way too much of an investment of casual gamers.

The market will be much more evened out this gen, which makes things much more interesting. ;)

cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 cakeorrdeath
Member since 2006 • 19079 Posts
[QUOTE="Danm_999"]

the-very-best

Obviously he didn't mean that literally. He is just pointing out that the logic that PS2/PS1 shared flaws with PS3 means that the PS3 will be just as successful is very flawed.

Was a great line I must say.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
Add this to the list of things cows that areWAITINGfor
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 the-very-best

They don't have the price advantage, they don't have the early start advantage, due to the increasing cost of producing games, their even losing their 3rd party exclusivity advantage.

Low price, early accessibility and a quality range of 3rd party games are what make the PS1 and PS2 huge hits, at least in my opinion.

Danm_999

PS1 and PS2 were both more expensive than their competitors (not worldwide, but in many countries). Besides GTAIV there hasn't been any game that could actually sway the console war in favour to the 360 or Wii.

It still has every major series from last gen. GTA, GT, MGS, FF - All top selling series, all on PS3. I would say that's an advantage.

Early accessibility really means nothing. Look at Wii tearing up the charts right now. It'll pass 360 soon, and it came out a whole year later. PS3, imo, is in it for the long run and I think we'll really start to see the console shine in 2008 in terms of sales and games too.

hip-hop-cola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 hip-hop-cola
Member since 2007 • 558 Posts
since the TC didnt say anything that had anything to do with the ps3 heres my view.....BEHOLD!!

PS3- now the biggest problem for the ps3 is the price, $600. The price has been made so large because of the blueray player included, but why put one in there when the 360 still is on dvd? there are many reasons

1. blue ray carry more disk space, now people here will always argue weather this much space is needed for a game. it hard to say, lots of space in games can be compressed (some will argue this slow games down), but the CGI in games takes up lots of space (blue dragon showing how much with 3/4 disks) but for some games CGI can be good for a game. Also mass effect coming out uses no CGI so where all that space come from, if the 360 is already filling disks now how long till it ends up like this...

"where's disk 5!! Here it is *pulls of chewing gum*

2. blue ray is sony's new format, putting it in the ps3 is simply good marketing, and is what had probably won blueray the war.

3. some say that HD movies are far of with dvd not having a big difference in quality, but there will be change as HD tvs slowly appear in peoples homes.

another key part of the ps3 is its online, which is now in compotation with XBL, i haven't tried both but most people say that XBL is better, however, more expensive while psn is completely free and with ps3 home on the horizon (also free) psn could come out on top. also many will argue that ps3 had no decent games available, now this is all opinion but the 360 had been out for much longer allowing it to get a larger collection of good titles like gears of war. the ps3 dose have a good selection of upcoming games.

in my opinion ps3 is best, its got the games l like and with online being free is just great, with XBL slowly bleeding you dry over the years. all the 360 offers in games is gears of wars and halo, and there both great but ps3 just offers more choice. now the 360 may have a handful of big things coming its way (mass effect probably the biggest) but ps3 has games that are just more varied.

And finally I have to point out the chance of a 360 failing.... Some may say 5% other 30% but when ur paying out money in the hundreds is just unsafe. Also why have I not said anything about the wii? Well in my view is not a console. FPS are my favourite game type and the second are strategy (like CAC), and neither are any good on the wii, also people will say graphics aren't important, in some cases no...but in games like burnout the cool crashes are a big thing and in games like dead rising the number of enemies makes for extra fun.

Shadow_op

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 Shadow_op
Member since 2006 • 4566 Posts

[QUOTE="GsSanAndreas"]He who laughs last laughs the hardestLilac_Benjie

Which will be sheep. When Wii sells 150 million and increases the videogame industry by 52%.

Still sold out November-May, that has never, ever happened. The Wii will pass the 360's sales by '08. 

Avatar image for deactivated-61ff675e61178
deactivated-61ff675e61178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-61ff675e61178
Member since 2004 • 12558 Posts
[QUOTE="Lilac_Benjie"]

[QUOTE="GsSanAndreas"]He who laughs last laughs the hardestShadow_op

Still sold out November-May, that has never, ever happened. The Wii will pass the 360's sales by '08. 

Sooner than that.  Holiday '07 at the latest.

People keep saying the Wii fad will fade.  It only fades after you buy the console, haha.  Everyone i know can't get enough of the Wii, until they actually buy one.  Then within 3 weeks they're bored because of the lack of games.  I'm always trying to show them Resistance or w/e, but they always want to play my Wii.

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Danm_999
[QUOTE="Danm_999"]

They don't have the price advantage, they don't have the early start advantage, due to the increasing cost of producing games, their even losing their 3rd party exclusivity advantage.

Low price, early accessibility and a quality range of 3rd party games are what make the PS1 and PS2 huge hits, at least in my opinion.

the-very-best

PS1 and PS2 were both more expensive than their competitors (not worldwide, but in many countries). Besides GTAIV there hasn't been any game that could actually sway the console war in favour to the 360 or Wii.

It still has every major series from last gen. GTA, GT, MGS, FF - All top selling series, all on PS3. I would say that's and advantage.

Early accessibility really means nothing. Look at Wii tearing up the charts right now. It'll pass 360 soon, and it came out a whole year later. PS3, imo, is in it for the long run and I think we'll really start to see the console shine in 2008 in terms of sales and games too.

The Sega Saturn was more expensive than the PS1. (this is all in the US)

The Xbox was the same price as the PS2 at it's launch, so it was cheaper by the time the Xbox arrived. Similarly, it only spent 5 months $100 more expensive than the GameCube.

The PS3 will not be able to replicate either of these circumstances with any celerity I imagine.

Now, while it does have most major series, it's already lost timed exclusivity with GTA, it's monopoly on Square Enix RPGs, Assasin's Creed and other more inconsequential titles like Ace Combat. While it's not doom and gloom, I hardly think you can say it has the same overwhelming advantage in 3rd party it did in the past 2 generations.

Now, early advantage is a huge deal. While you give the Wii as an example, the Wii is sort of immune from your comparison because of it's very low price point. The PS3 has the highest price point, so I don't think that analogy is particularly advantageous.

REVENGEotSITH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 REVENGEotSITH
Member since 2003 • 3938 Posts

That cows will have the last laugh when by the end of this gen, the PS3 will have sold another 100 million + like BOTH it's forefathers.    You can call the "oh can I borrow your crystal ball", "oh, teh pyschic", and all that other "in denial hogwash........You may even try your old "don't judge from past as look at Nintendo from snes to n64".    Well, that's a good point, but even better points are that Nintendo never sold 100 million + consoles on their very 1st attempt at even producing one, neither did MS, Sega, Atari, or any other console manufactuer in the history of the biz, except Sony....Not only that, they backed it up with the PS2 being even more successful in a shorter timeframe than it's predessesor..... 

How did Sony manage this miracle twice, well this answer is easy, basically they out muscled all competition (including the infinately more rich MS) with marketing + masses of top quality games & new ip's covering every genre & even making their own new ones along the way (parrapa).......   Lets also not forget that unlike the so called by lemmings disposable money burning business that is MS, Sony supported both PS1 & 2 at least 1-2 years after they were superceeded.   Wheras in stark contrast, MS decided to save their wads of cash & abondon production of the xbox months before 360 released...... Now lemmings are trying to tell cows to watch out as Sony will screw them over again?????

Whoa, stop the god damn bus, did I miss something?    Casuals who only just bought a xbox 1 1-2 years (or less) before it's discontinuation, would be feeling somewhat peeved right now.  I mean if their xbox blows up, they will have to search high & low to get a 2nd hand one that may only last 2 days.      So Ms is saying to them, buy the 360 sukkas.

So after this long winded post I'd like lemmings to ask  themselves this question.... How does it feel knowing time is coming crashing down on the 360 & that you have been paying out Sony & cows with such untoward hatred, is going to backfire on you with extreme velocity & you will once again be the laughing stock of system wars by supporting the well whupped MS console?   

You know it's already happening, you can hold onto your MS falcified 10million dream for a bit longer, but we all know that the Sony shadow will cast over them & rain doom down upon their pathetic, so called exclusive range & minimalistic (at best) 1st party releases.      

Anyone who doesn't see this coming is very blinded by fanboyism.     And quote all you like for future ownage........But be warned, I will be the one doing all the ownage with other more intelligent species (cows), who don't have to be rocket scientists to see how this one is gonna play out......AGAIN.    

Roy_Drage

You must work for Sony - just rest on your laurels of the past and assume that everything will go the same again this time around. 

As far as your comment to us Lemms - we've been playing great games for over 17 months now, with no end in sight.  So, how is this a bad thing again?  You Cows are putting all of your hopes on what happened for the PS1 and PS2, and looking 2-3 years into the future.  Why?  Why pay $600+ now for games you won't be playing for years to come? 

greg_splicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 greg_splicer
Member since 2007 • 2053 Posts
PS3 right now crashes only itself, and if continues to sell zero worldwide like this, soon there will not be Sony game division at all to speak of