How will the YouTube Upload feature of the Next Gen...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

...consoles affect the current video game walkthrough community, in your opinion? Think about it; everyone and their mama will be making walkthrough videos now that they all can without buying a third-party DVR/ video-capture device. How do you think YouTube channels, like theRadBrad - who has over one million subscribers, will fair? I'm pretty sure a good chunk of his base will start making their own videos.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

Not sure other than studying boss fights when I played wow And looking at new releases I never really got into watchin youtube game videos.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

For standrad let's plays it won't make a whole pile of difference.The software from what I've heard isn't robust enough to make long high quality videos (we haven't actually heard the bit rate it records at yet or resolutions). Plus can the software record external mics at the same time? If so what quality? It will be better for smaller "look at this" type clips where you did something cool in game or ina multiplayer round.

The PS4 also limits you to certain sections of the game where the devs make possible to record but if they don't want you to they can lock you out of entire areas of a game. We also still don't know where Sony and MS stand on monetisation of these videos if they will claim full ownership like Nintendo do now.

If all that does happen it will make the youtube scene FAR harder to break into to the levels of someone like RadBrad. There's already a mountain of competition so adding more to it will make things harder

Muffin2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 Muffin2020
Member since 2013 • 534 Posts

Can;t imagine it will have any effect. The popular ones on YouTube will have sound proof rooms and dedicated capture equipment and an established fanbase.

The new ones will be lost among 50 thousand Boom head shot , look at me poor sound quality videos.

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

It would be a crapload of wannabe commentators and poor imitators of Chris Smoove or XboxAhoy.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BluRayHiDef

@seanmcloughlin said:

For standrad let's plays it won't make a whole pile of difference.The software from what I've heard isn't robust enough to make long high quality videos (we haven't actually heard the bit rate it records at yet or resolutions). Plus can the software record external mics at the same time? If so what quality? It will be better for smaller "look at this" type clips where you did something cool in game or ina multiplayer round.

The PS4 also limits you to certain sections of the game where the devs make possible to record but if they don't want you to they can lock you out of entire areas of a game. We also still don't know where Sony and MS stand on monetisation of these videos if they will claim full ownership like Nintendo do now.

If all that does happen it will make the youtube scene FAR harder to break into to the levels of someone like RadBrad. There's already a mountain of competition so adding more to it will make things harder

theRadBrad's video are usually only 15 minutes.

HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts

1- You can't stream on youtube, only on Ustream and Twitch TV.

2- longest time you could share is 5 minutes on Xbone and 15 minutes on PS4.

3- editing tools are not as robust as regular youtube uploaders.

In conclusion, bigger impact on the streaming community.

On youtube it depends if the tools are upgraded in the future via apps that could be downloaded from the PS4/Xbone digital stores.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

just making a video is one thing, the quality videos will stand out.

then again, maybe the new consoles will hasten the production of good quality videos?

i don't think it will have a major effect tbh.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@HAZE-Unit: Live streaming has no time limit on the PS4.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BluRayHiDef

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfTapje9DZA&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PL8A125E7892777D17

@psymon100 said:

then again, maybe the new consoles will hasten the production of good quality videos?

How is the quality of this video, which is mine?

HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts

@ButDuuude: Yea but Live streaming is only available on Ustream and Twitch TV, with Youtube you can't.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

@BluRayHiDef said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfTapje9DZA&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PL8A125E7892777D17

@psymon100 said:

How is the quality of this video, which is mine?

This is a pure gameplay video so really, the quality comes from your gameplay (you waste no time running around, which is excellent) and from the quality of the video / sound (seems fine but I'm at work and I can't properly test on this machine as it's fairly weak). I reserve judgement on visuals until later tonight, I'll check it out at home at 1080p.

I just want to clarify something, when I said 'quality', i mean the overall quality of the entire uploaded media. Quality and quantity of commentary, flow of words, words used things said. Then other things such as only including necessary footage, transitions and all that stuff. Like, a well produced video has certain qualities.

For pure gameplay, I think the most important thing is that the player doesn't get lost. Second most important is probably a consistent framerate. Third I'd say 1080P.

24/march 2011? Recorded with your old GPUs?

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BluRayHiDef

@psymon100: Recorded with dual HD 5870s. The specs are below the video.