how much pc cost $$$$$ 8k 60fps vs ps5 8k resolution = $399?!

• 65 results
gtx021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gtx021
Member since 2013 • 515 Posts

maybe RTX 2280TI 1600USD?

+ I9 1200K 1200USD? or more

RAM 32GB DDR 5? 400USD

excluding case,Power AC.monitors,..etc.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

Where can I buy this ps5?

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

If you can afford an 8k TV right now, it's pretty likely you're not too bothered about the price of a PC.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@howmakewood: It will also have an i9 equivalent no doubt.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2134 Posts

PS5 wont even do 4K60, genius.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts
@Juub1990 said:

@howmakewood: It will also have an i9 equivalent no doubt.

and why would I buy ps5 for 400$ when ps6 will do 16K for 400$?

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

@rmpumper said:

I was going to come in and inform the TC that he was asking for a PC that's doing something that PS5 will absolutely not do, but then I saw your post.

No, PS4 will not do native 8k 60fps in any form. However if you don't think PS5 will do 4k60 you might be more delusional than the TC.

PS5 will absolutely do 4k60 native for the majority of games, hell the X offers 4k 30 for many games now and 1 or 2 4k60 titles.

You'd have to be an idiot to think that PS4 wouldn't be able to do 4k60 when Sony are specifically designing PS5 to do that, but I guess you investing $800 - $1500 on you current PC just to get that has you butthurt and damage controlling. Poor guy.

Also TC, PS5 is going to be $500 not $399. I guess it's fair to say you can this guy are equally delusional.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

Where can I buy this PS5 that can do the impossible? Link please. Also maybe do some research on technology before posting stupid crap like this in the future.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By rmpumper

@boxrekt: No it won't, you assume that the games will not improve in visual quality. Next gen consoles will have to run next gen games and they will need more power to get the same performance as the current ones do. PS4 games will run 4K60, but you can forget about 4K60 for PS5 games, especially the ones with raytraycing.

Just look at PS3 remasters on the base PS4. The games ran at 1080p30 on PS3 and remasters are at 1080p60 on PS4, but how many native PS4 games are running at 1080p60 on the base PS4?

Crimson_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Crimson_V
Member since 2014 • 166 Posts

@boxrekt said:
@rmpumper said:

I was going to come in and inform the TC that he was asking for a PC that's doing something that PS5 will absolutely not do, but then I saw your post.

No, PS4 will not do native 8k 60fps in any form. However if you don't think PS5 will do 4k60 you might be more delusional than the TC.

PS5 will absolutely do 4k60 native for the majority of games, hell the X offers 4k 30 for many games now and 1 or 2 4k60 titles.

You'd have to be an idiot to think that PS4 wouldn't be able to do 4k60 when Sony are specifically designing PS5 to do that, but I guess you investing $800 - $1500 on you current PC just to get that has you butthurt and damage controlling. Poor guy.

Also TC, PS5 is going to be $500 not $399. I guess it's fair to say you can this guy are equally delusional.

You need to look more into tech before you go off on an idiotic rant, xbox one x hardly offers native 4k 30fps mostly just on simple indie games the rest is just checkerboarding and other forms of up-scaling.

Currently the best consumer gpu is the RTX 2080 Ti and even that struggles in modern graphically advanced games to keep over 60fps in 4k consistently and lets not even talk about the games that will come out in the next 8 years and that's on a 775mm^2 die, its impossible for a console to have such a large gpu die and even if Navi is denser (which it definitely will be due to it being 7nm) it is unlikely to match the 2080 Ti without having at least that kind of die size.

and why would he be upset even if what you said is future gpu's always perform better then current ones, that's really no surprise to anyone that's into hardware.

There is a reason why consoles are as cheap as they are, because they use bottom of the barrel hardware on everything except the gpu and even that's just mid range in most cases, you get what you pay for.

FantasyGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FantasyGamer  Online
Member since 2015 • 517 Posts

@gtx021:

4K ultra settings >> 8k low settings

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

@crimson_v said:
@boxrekt said:

You need to look more into tech before you go off on an idiotic rant, xbox one x hardly offers native 4k 30fps mostly just on simple indie games the rest is just checkerboarding and other forms of up-scaling.

Currently the best consumer gpu is the RTX 2080 Ti and even that struggles in modern graphically advanced games to keep over 60fps in 4k consistently and lets not even talk about the games that will come out in the next 8 years and that's on a 775mm^2 die, its impossible for a console to have such a large gpu die and even if Navi is denser (which it definitely will be due to it being 7nm) it is unlikely to match the 2080 Ti without having at least that kind of die size.

and why would he be upset even if what you said is future gpu's always perform better then current ones, that's really no surprise to anyone that's into hardware.

There is a reason why consoles are as cheap as they are, because they use bottom of the barrel hardware on everything except the gpu and even that's just mid range in most cases, you get what you pay for.

Hmm ok guys

Digital Foundry:

"This is a very very impressive looking open world game."

"I feel like this is probably the most impressive one (open world game) next to Horizon Zero Dawn that I've seen in action"

Loading Video...

Guess what, It's ruining on 6TF Xbox One X 4k30 locked.

So much for that, "simple indie" argument.

Let's talk about, "going off on an idiotic rant" shall we buddy? You really need to take your own advice and sit back down.

@rmpumper:

No, that's most xbox and PC fan arguments.

I never expected nor believed graphics engines would stay the same for a new generation. However, there will be a lot of cross gen games developed for the first 2 years on the market that will have to be compatible with last gen systems and you can bet your ass anything PS4 compatible will be 4k60 on PS5 until TRUE ground up next gen games start coming in.

Cyberpunk 2077? You can bet on a solid 4k60 on PS5.

And I suspect that if the next-gen engines require a reduction in something because of how graphically demanding a game is devs will simply lower the res and use checker boarding while maintaining a high framerate. At least that will be a viable option with these more capable CPUs.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@rmpumper: Are you high right now? Some pro games already do that.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts
@boxrekt said:
@rmpumper said:

Yea just like the PS4 did 1080p 60FPS on most games..... LOL

The same s*itty arguments happen every generation, its like you guys forget that the games will be designed around the base PS5/Xbox unit where graphics will take priority to sell games over performance and resolution.

@boxrekt said:
@crimson_v said:
@boxrekt said:

Hmm ok guys

Digital Foundry:

"I feel like this is probably the most impressive one (open world game) next to Horizon Zero Dawn that I've seen in action"

Let's talk about, "going off on an idiotic rant" shall we buddy? You really need to take your own advice and sit back down.

@rmpumper:

No, that's most xbox and PC fan arguments.

I never expected nor believed graphics engines would stay the same for a new generation. However, there will be a lot of cross gen games developed for the first 2 years on the market that will have to be compatible with last gen systems and you can bet your ass anything PS4 compatible will be 4k60 on PS5 until TRUE ground up next gen games start coming in.

Cyberpunk 2077? You can bet on a solid 4k60 on PS5.

And I suspect that if the next-gen engines require a reduction in something because of how graphically demanding a game is devs will simply lower the res and use checker boarding while maintaining a high framerate. At least that will be a viable option with these more capable CPUs.

So let me get this straight, you think because the most powerful MID GEN upgrade console this gen .... managed to get a pretty open world game to 4k , 30 FPS ... towards the end of the gen.... on a game designed for the BASE systems..... you think that means that the PS5 is gaurenteed to get 4k 60 fps on ITS generation games that push the boundaries?

what you smoking re-quack?

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rmpumper

@boxrekt: Have you seen these "cross-gen" Xone/PS4 games on 360/PS3, they not only look worse than native 360/PS3 games, but run like shit as well. No one will be catering to outdated hardware, so you can keep dreaming about 4K60 because that's the only place you will see that.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Juub1990
@kali-b1rd said:

So let me get this straight, you think because the most powerful MID GEN upgrade console this gen .... managed to get a pretty open world game to 4k , 30 FPS ... towards the end of the gen.... on a game designed for the BASE systems..... you think that means that the PS5 is gaurenteed to get 4k 60 fps on ITS generation games that push the boundaries?

He specifically says he thinks cross-gen games will run at 60fps/4K. Not 9th gen games.

Even that would be hard to achieve to be honest. I have a feeling they'll prioritize max settings and 30fps over medium settings/60fps.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

Oh God, your posts just get dumber and dumber.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

Most PCs can do 8k in framebuffer 2d at least.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Why is OP still allowed to create threads

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56092 Posts

And this is why I stick to 1440p! I prefer better framerates to better raw graphics myself :)

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@boxrekt:

Here is the problem with your outlook on the PS5 or even the next box.... There are plenty of games on the X1X that have to use checkerboarding and or dynamic screen and textured resolutions, lower settings, use a slew of settings below high/ultra to get a semi stable framerate at 4k or "upscaled to 4k". RDR 2 had compromises made.....

For the PS5 to be able to do 4k at 60 fps with a game out now at the same settings at 4k 30 fps on X1X . It would literally need 2x the pixel rate of the X1X.

Devs on consoles always push the graphics to the breaking point to get a shock and awe with potential customers. Which is why we will continue to see 4k 30 fps games on PS5 or the Next box. You suggesting Cyberpunk to be 4k and 60 fps is abit overzealous.... IMO. In any game there will be compromises made to do 4k 60 fps vs 4k 30 fps, from anything from checkerboarding to dynamic screen and textured resolutions and using lower quality assets/settings.

Even with today's games on pc with gpu's and cpu's that are stronger than the PS5 will ever be, still have issues achieving 4k 60 fps with highest quality settings. Game engines in general will not change dramatically with the next gen systems. Because of the standardization of hardware across all platforms with similar API's.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Juub1990

@04dcarraher: Yeah 4K/60fps with Cyberpunk 2077 is complete insanity. A 1080 Ti can’t even do that in gams like Assassin’s Creed Origins/Odyssey without some significant cutbacks to graphical fidelity and I doubt whatever the PS5 packs is a lot faster than the 1080 Ti if at all.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@Juub1990: CDP will most likely go for 4k 30 fps with highest quality possible. They could allow two performance settings for a user to select on consoles focusing on framerate or quality(doubtful). PS5 i suspect will have Ryzen 8 core at 2.8-3.2ghz. With a NAVI gpu within the 10-12 TFLOPS range ie VEGA 56-64 level of raw performance. Which is not 4k 60 fps material without making compromises in quality.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Juub1990

@rmpumper: Lol games weren’t 1080p/30fps on the PS3. More like 720p-900p and sub-30fps. 1080p/30fps is this gen’s standard.

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

Sony already has Gran Turismo running in 8K on PS5 Dev kits. It will happen.

Just like every gen that pushes new Resolution, a handful of games like racing, fighting games, indies and sports will be in 8K.

Most games will still be 1080p-4K and any range in between.

I don’t know why this is even a debate. 8K games will exist on PS5 even if it’s only a tiny amount.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@ajstyles said:

Sony already has Gran Turismo running in 8K on PS5 Dev kits. It will happen.

Just like every gen that pushes new Resolution, a handful of games like racing, fighting games, indies and sports will be in 8K.

Most games will still be 1080p-4K and any range in between.

I don’t know why this is even a debate. 8K games will exist on PS5 even if it’s only a tiny amount.

8k will not happen dude,outside something bland or not labor intensive.

The PS5 will hit 4k more often for sure if not most of the time,but 8k no way in hell,maybe for desktop and i didn't read Cerny making any claim that games will be 8k,

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

@davillain- said:

And this is why I stick to 1440p! I prefer better framerates to better raw graphics myself :)

Yep I've been struggling to get a solid 60fps in some high demanding games on my GTX 1080 so I just use 1440p. I don't know why but 1440p 60fps seems to look better than 4k 30fps to me. Possibly because everything is a lot smoother and the GPU probably is trying to fight as hard to render everything at 4k with low framerates.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30
deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30
Member since 2019 • 1049 Posts

The PS5 isn't gonna run games at 8k lol

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

Lmao @ 8k. Console kids are so gullible. Enjoy 4k/30 next gen.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44559 Posts

Maybe a important question to ask is not whether it can be done at $399 but when, after all more powerful tech gets cheaper with time. Maybe with Sony having market lead there's no need to rush out new system, let MS make that rush so they can leapfrog them on lower down the line.

But, I do feel a bit uneasy about idea of next gen continuing to chase the resolution horizon, rather than enhance visual fidelity of games will this instead just have next gen games looking like current gen games at a higher resolution?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator  Online
@NoodleFighter said:
@davillain- said:

Yep I've been struggling to get a solid 60fps in some high demanding games on my GTX 1080 so I just use 1440p. I don't know why but 1440p 60fps seems to look better than 4k 30fps to me. Possibly because everything is a lot smoother and the GPU probably is trying to fight as hard to render everything at 4k with low framerates.

Don't get me wrong, 4K looks good, but it's just not worth the sacrificing over framerates until 4K becomes the norm standards. As of right now, I'm not interest knowing of PS5 specs, just need to know what new IP games to expect. GTX 1080 is still a really good GPU, you're totally fine for now.

PinchySkree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#33 PinchySkree
Member since 2012 • 1342 Posts

You would gladly sacrifice everything to reach a resolution because you are a single console begger that needs a buzzword to claim superiority to try and compensate

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

Should poor console peasants even be allowed to post?

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

Right. The only way ps5 will even run 4k 60 fps is if they dont increase polygon counts, texture resolution, etc from ps4 to ps5 generation games.

Not gonna happen and 8K is just lol.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#36  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

@gtx021 and all other whiny complainers: stop feeling bad about going for the cheaper option. There's no shame in it! Consoles are...OK. They're fun, kind of *shrug* I mean, I game on PC but own a PS4, and every time I get on my PS4 I think "Why am I doing this to myself? I could be on my PC" but that's the cost of an open mind and curiosity, I guess. Plus the exclusive--all six of them--are pretty good.

Anyway, the point I am trying to make is this: if all you can afford is the Toyota Camry and not your dream car, don't be mad. It's a good car. It will get you from point A to point B.

But don't be mad at the Subaru WRX owners, the Chevrolet Corvette owners, or anyone else that wants something better than a Toyota Camry because they have a better car and spent more on it. It's not so much that your car sucks as it is that their car is just a lot better than yours. Accept this truth and move on with your life.

Get over yourself and your perceived shortcomings and self-induced guilt. You have nothing to be feel bad about simply because you bought an economical, less capable device instead of an awesome beast of a machine. Sometimes "good enough" is exactly that for some people, while some people prefer excellence.

@tenaka2 said:

Should poor console peasants even be allowed to post?

If they don't how will us Master Race folks survive without their tears? After all, that's the whole reason I play video games on PC, so I can say how much better it is than console gaming and nourish myself on their life-giving eye water. I certainly don't game on PC because it's fun. Don't be preposterous.

@appariti0n said:

Right. The only way ps5 will even run 4k 60 fps is if they dont increase polygon counts, texture resolution, etc from ps4 to ps5 generation games.

Right? Resolution goes UP! and quality goes DOWN!

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts
@gtx021 said:

RAM 32GB DDR 5? 400USD

Stop. The PS5 will not render games in 8K. I can output 8K on my desktop right now, yet have the game render 4K or less. Doesn't mean I have an 8K desktop setup.

Crimson_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Crimson_V
@boxrekt said:
@crimson_v said:
@boxrekt said:

Hmm ok guys

Digital Foundry:

Loading Video...

For every single graphically advanced game that can reach 4k30fps on the one x i could name a hundred that cannot, its gpu is equivalent to an RX 580.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
@Zero_epyon said:
@gtx021 said:

RAM 32GB DDR 5? 400USD

Stop. The PS5 will not render games in 8K. I can output 8K on my desktop right now, yet have the game render 4K or less. Doesn't mean I have an 8K desktop setup.

I like how he said "RTX 2280TI" will be release sooner for PS5 arrival. RTX 2280TI is the last thing on anyone's mind, not to mention, that GPU is gonna be price ridiculous.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

@davillain- said:
@NoodleFighter said:
@davillain- said:

Don't get me wrong, 4K looks good, but it's just not worth the sacrificing over framerates until 4K becomes the norm standards. As of right now, I'm not interest knowing of PS5 specs, just need to know what new IP games to expect. GTX 1080 is still a really good GPU, you're totally fine for now.

1440p looks good on my 4k TV so I don't have a problem using that resolution if I struggle with running games at 4k. I somewhat regret not paying the extra $50 to get a GTX 1080 ti. DLSS or at the very least resolution scaling is going to be a more common thing. I was struggling to get a consistent 60fps in Gears Of War 4 at 4k but scaling the resolution back by 10% made it a solid 60 while hardly looking different from true 4k. Being able to use resolutions between 1440p and 4k would be ideal for people with PCs that can handle more than 60fps on 1440p but struggle with maintaining 60fps or even 30 fps on 4k but still want some higher quality above 1440p. Trying to force in custom resolutions on games can make them come out looking disproportionate. I'll eventually get an RTX card about 1 or 2 years after the PS5 comes out. By then the prices should be down and powerful enough to make a very noticeable difference between it and the consoles. That and developers becoming more familiar with ray tracing techniques that utilize hardware better.

@mrbojangles25 said:

@appariti0n said:

60fps has always been possible on consoles regardless of hardware. But the reason most games are 30 fps instead of 60 fps is because developers prioritize graphics over performance. This is something console gamers need to realize. There is no hardware that can magically make all games run at 4k and 60fps, its all about the level of demand the game is asking for the hardware to put in. Devs will always prioritize it since graphics are an easier selling point to the console crowd especially at the beginning of a new generation because they have to use as much power as possible for graphics otherwise people will whine about how it hardly looks different from the previous generation. The most you'll likely get from consoles next gen is some games getting a performance mode similar to that of PS4 Pro and Xbox One X games that let you choose between playing at 4k 30 or 1080p 60fps.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@appariti0n said:

https://forum.beyond3d.com/threads/amd-navi-speculation-rumours-and-discussion-2017-2018.57684/page-28#post-2039357

NAVI has the following

1. Applying delta color compression in wider range of functions.

As per https://gpuopen.com/dcc-overview/, current GCN disables compression for UAVs (memory writes).

NAVI (gfx10) can apply delta color compression with UAVs which is an advantage over Vega IP(gfx9)

NVDIA's Pascal delta color compression feature is superior when compared to AMD's Polaris/Vega GPUs.

2. Wave break function with different grid size. Perhaps different size compute wavefront. Standard GCN's compute wavefront is 64 elements.

X1X's RDR2 is at 3840x2160 at 30 hz

PS4 Pro is at 1920x2160 at 30 hz

-----------

Vega 56 at 1500Mhz (11 TFLOPS) can render Forza Motorsport 7 at 8K 60 hz, hence Vega 56 at 1500Mhz can be 2X effective over X1X's results hence X1X's RDR2 4K 30 hz results would be 4K 60 hz on Vega 56 at 1500Mhz.

CPU needs to be higher rated to sustain 60 hz refresh rates.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

@ronvalencia: Sweet. What about wet track performance tho?

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ronvalencia

@appariti0n said:

@ronvalencia: Sweet. What about wet track performance tho?

Around 50 to 60 hz. Vega 56 at 1500Mhz would need another ~10 to 20 percent improvement.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#44 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

I think I lost some braincells reading this.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ronvalencia

@NoodleFighter said:
@davillain- said:
@NoodleFighter said:
@davillain- said:

1440p looks good on my 4k TV so I don't have a problem using that resolution if I struggle with running games at 4k. I somewhat regret not paying the extra $50 to get a GTX 1080 ti. DLSS or at the very least resolution scaling is going to be a more common thing. I was struggling to get a consistent 60fps in Gears Of War 4 at 4k but scaling the resolution back by 10% made it a solid 60 while hardly looking different from true 4k. Being able to use resolutions between 1440p and 4k would be ideal for people with PCs that can handle more than 60fps on 1440p but struggle with maintaining 60fps or even 30 fps on 4k but still want some higher quality above 1440p. Trying to force in custom resolutions on games can make them come out looking disproportionate. I'll eventually get an RTX card about 1 or 2 years after the PS5 comes out. By then the prices should be down and powerful enough to make a very noticeable difference between it and the consoles. That and developers becoming more familiar with ray tracing techniques that utilize hardware better.

@mrbojangles25 said:
@appariti0n said:

60fps has always been possible on consoles regardless of hardware. But the reason most games are 30 fps instead of 60 fps is because developers prioritize graphics over performance. This is something console gamers need to realize. There is no hardware that can magically make all games run at 4k and 60fps, its all about the level of demand the game is asking for the hardware to put in. Devs will always prioritize it since graphics are an easier selling point to the console crowd especially at the beginning of a new generation because they have to use as much power as possible for graphics otherwise people will whine about how it hardly looks different from the previous generation. The most you'll likely get from consoles next gen is some games getting a performance mode similar to that of PS4 Pro and Xbox One X games that let you choose between playing at 4k 30 or 1080p 60fps.

Technically, a machine that can do 3,840x2,160 at 30 hz should be able to do 1,920x2,160/2,560x1,440 at 60 hz.

Increasing refresh rate from already budgeted 30 hz CPU memory bandwidth allocation would reduce GPU's memory bandwidth budget.

To rival PC's CPU driven frame rates and CPU compute intensity, game consoles has to switch towards discrete memory architecture e.g.

CPU: 4GB DDR4-2400 128 bit (38.4 GB/s)

GPU: 8GB/16GB GDDR6-14000 256bit (448 GB/s) or 12GB GDDR6-12000 384 bit (576 GB/s) or 11GB GDDR6-12000 354 bit (531 GB/s)

Consoles doesn't have PC DX11 double data copy issues.

8 cores Zen v2 at 1.6Ghz would have ~440 GFLOPS which need about double Xbox 360's GPU 240 GFLOPS's GDDR3 22.4 GB/s memory bandwidth.

--------

Xbox One Anaconda is like Xbox One X with 7 nm updated parts and may have 384 bit bus level PCB.

For Xbox One X, Microsoft invested similar 384bit bus PCB complexity as GTX 1080 Ti/RTX 2080 Ti's PCB with memory module parts from RX-470 price segment and 44 CU size GPU which is above Polaris 10's 36 CU (232 mm^2) size GPU.

Xbox One Anaconda update would be 384 bit GDDR6-12000 (lesser grade mainstream GDDR6 parts from GTX 1660 Ti) and 284 mm^2 size GPU which is closing to GTX 1070/1080's 314 mm^2 size chip.

Avatar image for deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
Member since 2009 • 3934 Posts
@crimson_v said:
@boxrekt said:
@rmpumper said:

Maybe you need to do more research. RDR2 is 4k native as well as Far Cry 5 on the X. Man ya'll some idiots on here.

The_Stand_In

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By The_Stand_In
Member since 2010 • 1179 Posts

@sleepnsurf: Keyword: "mostly". He never said it outright didn't. And it doesn't do it without sacrifices, either.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@sleepnsurf: Lol, you couldn't even comprehend what he was saying and you're calling others idiots? Gtfo

Crimson_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Crimson_V

@sleepnsurf:

This is what i said to the other guy as he posted a very similar reply:

"For every single graphically advanced game that can reach 4k30fps on the one x i could name a hundred that cannot, its gpu is equivalent to an RX 580."

That's why i said "MOSTLY" indie games, any game that the RX 580 and 8 slow ass jaguar cores can run at 4k30fps the xbox one x can too.