How much is Party and Cross game chat worth TOO YOU??

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dog_dirt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dog_dirt
Member since 2009 • 2813 Posts

How much do you think these key XBL features are worth. PS3 fans how much would you pay a month for these very 'useful' features

i think id pay £10 a year.

You?

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts

$10 apiece. If Sony and Microsoft lets you game online for free and then charge $20 a year for a Cross Game Chat & Party System package, I think that would be fine. Facebook, Netflix, Twitter and all that other garbage is of no use to me as a gamer.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FlamesOfGrey

I wouldn't pay for those features.

Slashkice
Well that's your right but they'll never be free.
Wartzay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Wartzay
Member since 2006 • 2036 Posts

[QUOTE="Slashkice"]

FlamesOfGrey

https://steamcommunity.com/

http://www.xfire.com/

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FlamesOfGrey
[QUOTE="Wartzay"]

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="Slashkice"]

This thread is about console did you read the OP?
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts
[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="Slashkice"]

Wartzay

https://steamcommunity.com/ http://www.xfire.com/

Nice one!
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#8 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Free. If I can talk to someone on freakin' MSN and play a game at the same time then I would expect it to be free.

But if it MUST be charged like a phone serivce then $2.50.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FlamesOfGrey
[QUOTE="Wartzay"][QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"] Well that's your right but they'll never be free.Heil68
https://steamcommunity.com/ http://www.xfire.com/

Nice one!

Uh no if you read the original post you'd see this thread was about console gaming not PC.
Wartzay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Wartzay
Member since 2006 • 2036 Posts
[QUOTE="Wartzay"]

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"] Well that's your right but they'll never be free.FlamesOfGrey

Why are console gamers paying for something that is free on PC?
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
$0
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FlamesOfGrey

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="Wartzay"]

Wartzay

Because they pefer to game on consoles and that's the way this companies have chosen to have these features implemented. It's not that hard to figure out.

Kan0nF0dder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Kan0nF0dder
Member since 2009 • 1962 Posts

[QUOTE="Wartzay"][QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"] This thread is about console did you read the OP?FlamesOfGrey

Because they pefer to game on consoles and that's the way this companies have chosen to have these features implemented. It's not that hard to figure out.

1) Random exclusion of PC is not allowed. 2) Why would these features never be free on consoles? 3) You really did get Pwned.
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FlamesOfGrey

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"]

[QUOTE="Wartzay"] Why are console gamers paying for something that is free on PC?Kan0nF0dder

1) Random exclusion of PC is not allowed. 2) Why would these features never be free on consoles? 3) You really did get Pwned.

1. The OP was specifically talking about consoles. I didn't make the thread. Go read it.

2. Microsoft already has the features in XBL Gold which is Pay Only and Sony has stated that Cross Game Chat will be for PSN Plus which is also Pay only. Nintendo's onlineisn't even worth mentioning and if they get it together I expect the same thing unless they don't like money.

3. Nah, bringing a platform that's not involved into a discussion means I didn't in my opinion.

verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts
What's the alias of that Marvel comic book hero (weapon X) who's real name is supposed to be David North? I think it's Agent "something"....anyone know?
hellhund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hellhund
Member since 2003 • 1984 Posts

I would pay nothing for those features. Besides, you could just use them through your PC anyways.

Dahaka-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Dahaka-UK
Member since 2005 • 6915 Posts

These features are worth nothing and should be free. Lets be honest here though, nobody pays for xbox live for these features. They pay so they can get access to a 1/3 of their games. 50% in some cases. In other words Microsoft cleverly has their userbase on a tight leash. Ofcourse they only got an raise the price of xbox live because they can.

CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#18 CRUSHER88
Member since 2003 • 2037 Posts
Nothing. party chat pretty much killed communication in 95% of XBL games.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
Member since 2009 • 4715 Posts
Those features hold zero value to me.
dog_dirt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dog_dirt
Member since 2009 • 2813 Posts
Nothing. party chat pretty much killed communication in 95% of XBL games.CRUSHER88
i think its 96%
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
To me, less than zero. I wouldn't even talk to my brother playing Gears Of War whilst I play Bioshock, its just dumb. If we were playing the same game then its different. If I want to talk properly to him I'll do it out of the game.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

this is me checking in with the avgns to see exactly what it is ok for me to spend my money on.

i need a tank of gas is that ok?

i'm hitting up the fuji steakhouse for sushi tonight is that ok with you?

i'm thinking about trying out gamefly may i spend my money on that?

there is a backpack that i have been looking at lately do i need to run that by you?

look guys, when you are giving me money to buy things then you can have a say in where it goes until then you can worry about your own wallet and stay out of mine.

if something is not worth money to you don't buy it, all this :cry: ing is pretty much wasted. anyone dead set against xbl is not going to get it and anyone on the fence is smart enough t make their own decisions.

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Skittles_McGee
Member since 2008 • 9136 Posts
$0. That's how much I pay to use the same thing on Steam.
AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

i dont need/want such features so its worth exacty 0$ to me

hard_body79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hard_body79
Member since 2010 • 422 Posts

[QUOTE="Wartzay"]

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"] Well that's your right but they'll never be free.FlamesOfGrey

"TOO YOU"

Did you read the OP? He was giving his opinion you had no right to interject what YOU feel about how he thinks. If you want to keep going on about "reading the OP" then atleast follow those rules....but you didn't so you can't even complain.

BTW:

Cross game chat isn't worth anything. It has absoultly nothing to do with the game I'm playing. It's the same as asking how much PS Home is worth. regardless of how much I think it's worth it dosen't really have anything to do with when I'm actually playing games online. it's just a social feature just like cross game chat.

bsman00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bsman00
Member since 2008 • 6038 Posts
[QUOTE="dog_dirt"]

How much do you think these key XBL features are worth. PS3 fans how much would you pay a month for these very 'useful' features

i think id pay £10 a year.

You?

nothing because there no point for cross game chat... one reason i have a phone and if i want to talk to a friend not playing the game im playing i call them... and if im playing with friend they are alredy playing the game i am... i see no point for cross game chat.
hkymike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#27 hkymike
Member since 2003 • 2425 Posts
IT IS WORTH 0$ that is what it's worth to me. XBL = RIP OFF and Microsoft = $$$$$$ therefore 360 = No No
hkymike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 hkymike
IT IS WORTH 0$ that is what it's worth to me. XBL = RIP OFF and Microsoft = $$$$$$ therefore 360 = No No
monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 monson21502
Member since 2009 • 8230 Posts

well its more then that. xbl is alot less laggy then psn thats what really helps xbl to be more worth it

ReachandKinect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ReachandKinect
Member since 2010 • 52 Posts
i would pay for xbox live, I wouldnt pay for PSN, if that answers your question...
hkymike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hkymike

well its more then that. xbl is alot less laggy then psn thats what really helps xbl to be more worth it

monson21502
This is simply someone speaking from a 360 stand point who never played PS. I have experience with both and I can tell you right now there is no less/more lag with PSN then the XBL. Get out of your fantasy world and realize M$ is raping you for your money. Mommy and Daddy probably pay so you won't see the big picture until you grow up
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
XBL offers much more then just that over the PS3.. The mere fact that a Xbox360 ships with a headset.. And/or the headset is easy and cheap pretty much garentees the majority of ht ebase iwll have one.. While my experience in games liek Borderlands on the PS3.. I am lucky to find 1 in 8 people with a headset what so ever.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="ReachandKinect"]i would pay for xbox live, I wouldnt pay for PSN, if that answers your question...hkymike
Poor unfortunate soul you are..Sorry to hear that. It's a shame PSN is free right, paying is optional. 360 has that right? Oh wait no they don't.......your a fool

Coming from a PS3 owner I would most definitely love to have a service come close to XBL and its arcade..

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#35 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

Not worth $60; that's for damn sure.

Someone said $20, that sounds very reasonable. :)

hkymike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 hkymike
XBL offers much more then just that over the PS3.. The mere fact that a Xbox360 ships with a headset.. And/or the headset is easy and cheap pretty much garentees the majority of ht ebase iwll have one.. While my experience in games liek Borderlands on the PS3.. I am lucky to find 1 in 8 people with a headset what so ever.sSubZerOo
Dude that "excuse" went out the window over a year ago, 80 percent of the PSN based people have mic's now. You can get a blu tooth headset for 15, it's still 45 dollars cheaper then Live. You just got burnt
ReachandKinect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ReachandKinect
Member since 2010 • 52 Posts

[QUOTE="hkymike"][QUOTE="ReachandKinect"]i would pay for xbox live, I wouldnt pay for PSN, if that answers your question...sSubZerOo

Poor unfortunate soul you are..Sorry to hear that. It's a shame PSN is free right, paying is optional. 360 has that right? Oh wait no they don't.......your a fool

Coming from a PS3 owner I would most definitely love to have a service come close to XBL and its arcade..

I own a PS3 as well but PSN to me is gimped compared to Xbox live and Xbox live is just better implemented. I dont get why this guy is calling me names but ok.
Karnage108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Karnage108
Member since 2010 • 2595 Posts

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]XBL offers much more then just that over the PS3.. The mere fact that a Xbox360 ships with a headset.. And/or the headset is easy and cheap pretty much garentees the majority of ht ebase iwll have one.. While my experience in games liek Borderlands on the PS3.. I am lucky to find 1 in 8 people with a headset what so ever.hkymike
Dude that "excuse" went out the window over a year ago, 80 percent of the PSN based peoplehave mic's now. You can get a blu tooth headset for 15, it's still 45 dollars cheaper then Live. You just got burnt

link? Try not to lie about this stuff bro

Karnage108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Karnage108
[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

[QUOTE="hkymike"] Poor unfortunate soul you are..Sorry to hear that. It's a shame PSN is free right, paying is optional. 360 has that right? Oh wait no they don't.......your a foolReachandKinect

I own a PS3 as well but PSN to me is gimped compared to Xbox live and Xbox live is just better implemented. I dont get why this guy is calling me names but ok.

That guy always acts like you insulted his mother when you talk bad about something ps3 related.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#40 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

It's worth it to me!

If PS3 had that it would had made online so much better.

catfishmoon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 catfishmoon23
Member since 2005 • 5197 Posts

I don't think either are worth paying for annually. Still, that's just me. I can understand how some would feel different. That's why I think both companies should offer more options to their consumers when it comes to online accounts.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

Xbox live gold member since november 2002, paid till 1/2013...so I would assume alot... but its more then just party chat, and cross game chat that makes xbox live superior to psn.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]XBL offers much more then just that over the PS3.. The mere fact that a Xbox360 ships with a headset.. And/or the headset is easy and cheap pretty much garentees the majority of ht ebase iwll have one.. While my experience in games liek Borderlands on the PS3.. I am lucky to find 1 in 8 people with a headset what so ever.hkymike
Dude that "excuse" went out the window over a year ago, 80 percent of the PSN based people have mic's now. You can get a blu tooth headset for 15, it's still 45 dollars cheaper then Live. You just got burnt

Excuse? I am telling you of what I usually ALWAYS see when I play games like RE5 and Borderlands on PSN.. Thats great.. But yet again they don't.. The mere fact teh system shipped with a cheap mic and its simple plug in.. Automatically made it from what I have seen that the majority of people use them.. While when it comes to borderlands.. I am lucky to find a personw ith a mic once in blue moon.. Furthermore You do not want to get a cheap ass blutooth headset at $15.. They are bad, poor reception and what not..

hkymike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 hkymike

[QUOTE="hkymike"][QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]XBL offers much more then just that over the PS3.. The mere fact that a Xbox360 ships with a headset.. And/or the headset is easy and cheap pretty much garentees the majority of ht ebase iwll have one.. While my experience in games liek Borderlands on the PS3.. I am lucky to find 1 in 8 people with a headset what so ever.sSubZerOo

Excuse? I am telling you of what I usually ALWAYS see when I play games like RE5 and Borderlands on PSN.. Thats great.. But yet again they don't.. The mere fact teh system shipped with a cheap mic and its simple plug in.. Automatically made it from what I have seen that the majority of people use them.. While when it comes to borderlands.. I am lucky to find a personw ith a mic once in blue moon.. Furthermore You do not want to get a cheap ass blutooth headset at $15.. They are bad, poor reception and what not..

Sure.....Whatever you say buddy lol :D
Karnage108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Karnage108
[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

[QUOTE="hkymike"] Dude that "excuse" went out the window over a year ago, 80 percent of the PSN based people have mic's now. You can get a blu tooth headset for 15, it's still 45 dollars cheaper then Live. You just got burnthkymike

Sure.....Whatever you say buddy lol :D

He's right though. My bro thought he was fine with a cheap mic but the battery life sucked and it was just bad overall. He ended up buying the mic that came with Socom (see what I did there).
santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

Considering neither is a feature I use even on Steam I'll say I'd pay

Just to make these topics go away...

kobraka1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 kobraka1
Member since 2009 • 890 Posts

i know it isnt worth $60.

-The-G-Man-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 -The-G-Man-
Member since 2007 • 6414 Posts
if i have to pay for extra features, i'll just stick with being able to play online for free
NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts

[QUOTE="Kan0nF0dder"][QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"]

FlamesOfGrey

1. The OP was specifically talking about consoles. I didn't make the thread. Go read it.

2. Microsoft already has the features in XBL Gold which is Pay Only and Sony has stated that Cross Game Chat will be for PSN Plus which is also Pay only. Nintendo's onlineisn't even worth mentioning and if they get it together I expect the same thing unless they don't like money.

3. Nah, bringing a platform that's not involved into a discussion means I didn't in my opinion.

It doesn't matter what the OP said or not.

"2. This is system wars...not console wars. The pc counts as much here as any other system.
http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25865702&tag=topics%3Btitle" Casey

"this has caused many lengthy arguments over the past several months and there's really been no reason for it. this is a video game website. it covers console games and pc games. the title of the forum is system wars...not console wars. the pc has just as much right to be included as any console. because this forum was designed with the intention of including the pc, saying otherwise could count as trolling or even off topic posting and you can be moderated for such. it's no different than going to one of the system specific forums and saying that that particular system shouldn't count." Casey