How many people here are manticores?

• 64 results
Posted by npiet1 (2310 posts) 1 month, 26 days ago

Poll: How many people here are manticores? (72 votes)

Yes. 69%
No. 31%

Meaning you own all the consoles or just care about the games and not about the brand. People always calling each other here a cow or sheep. Do you have a preference? I personally don't though I play the PS4 the most due to VR and the misses (sims) I've got the base of all.

PC is a 1060 6gb / r5 1400.

#1 Posted by SecretPolice (35327 posts) -

I'm the lone manticore survivor, just ask anyone. lol :P

#2 Posted by Pedro (34907 posts) -

I have all of the current systems. That's all I can say.

#3 Posted by _Matt_ (10490 posts) -

I used to have all the systems this gen.

I got rid of one though because it became redundant.

#4 Posted by lundy86_4 (53359 posts) -

I used to be. I gave my Xbox to a buddy once Play Anywhere came to be.

#5 Posted by Random_Matt (4244 posts) -

My last console so far is a 360, be passing it on late summer. Always used to have at least one though.

#6 Posted by AsadMahdi59 (7115 posts) -

I don't own a Switch but I bought a Wii U in 2017. I have a PS4, Xb1 and gaming laptop.

Used to be a bit of a PS fanboy, but now I've grown up and realize none of the companies care about anything other then their bottom line at the end of the day. Although I will say Nintendo does annoy me more then Sony and MS

#7 Posted by Ant_17 (12535 posts) -

I am, but i choose to be cow.

Avatar image for superfluousreal
#8 Posted by SuperfluousReal (361 posts) -

I don't seem to hold anything objectively superior due to my uses and own a system from almost all ends except Nintendo.

Avatar image for thirty8_special
#9 Posted by Thirty8_Special (36 posts) -

I have all 3 consoles and a very good PC gaming rig. I just like to play games when I have free time

#10 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (8410 posts) -

Not entirely convinced it's worth owning all current gaming systems anymore.

If you have a PC, you don't need an Xbox and there aren't a huge amount of games different from each other anymore.

For the first time, as a previous console only gamer, I'm completely comfortable with just the PC now.

#11 Posted by AfterShafter (6950 posts) -

It's a bit sad that these terms have stuck around for so bloody long...

#12 Posted by Fedor (5142 posts) -

There are no manticores here.

#13 Posted by Randoggy (3460 posts) -

Gaming rig plus Ps4 pro and Switch. Recently sold my Xbox One.

#14 Edited by DaVillain- (36901 posts) -

Other then my current gaming PC, I currently own PS4/Switch in the master room, I used to keep my Xbox One in the room until I decided ended up and giving it to my daughter and set it up in her room. The fact Xbox One is in my house, I guess you could say I do in fact own all current-gen consoles.

Truth be told, I used to consider myself a Manticore but over the years, I have mean more towards PC & PS4 for gaming purpose and the fact MS now ports their games on PC, no point in me giving a damn about keeping Xbox One in the room and I'm devoted to PC gaming more then ever, everyone in SW just views me a Hermit now. (Not that I really care what everyone calls me, Hermit, Cow, doesn't matter to me)

Edit: Voted Yes only because I do in fact own an Xbox One in the house after all.

#15 Posted by Random_Matt (4244 posts) -
@HalcyonScarlet said:

If you have a PC, you don't need an Xbox and there aren't a huge amount of games different from each other anymore.

For the first time, as a previous console only gamer, I'm completely comfortable with just the PC now.

100% this. Wasted six or so months trying to convince myself I do not need a rig anymore.

#16 Posted by pyro1245 (5051 posts) -

I own all the systems, but I really prefer to just use a PC.

#17 Edited by BassMan (10366 posts) -

@pyro1245 said:

This. Consoles are redundant and a waste of money for me. I just wish I could play all games on PC. Having to buy a console just to play exclusives is such a waste.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
#18 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3241 posts) -

5 Xbox One Consoles
2 PS4 Consoles
2 "Gaming" PC's (Ryzen 7 2700X, RTX 2080Ti, 32GB DDR4) (Ryzen 5 2600X, GTX 1660Ti, 16GB DDR4)
1 Switch with over 120 Amiibo

I lean Sheep and can't stand Cows, but when it comes to the facts I'm as even as they come

#19 Posted by Archangel3371 (28120 posts) -

I typically get the three major consoles per gen. Currently I have an Xbox One and a Nintendo Switch. I’ll definitely get a PS4 sometime in the future though. I can’t really call myself a manticore though because I have no interest in gaming on a PC.

#20 Posted by JustPlainLucas (79339 posts) -

I guess I'm a manticore, even though I make fun of my Xbox all the time. Are there labels for people who support only two platforms?

#21 Posted by SaltSlasher (1141 posts) -

You can be a manticore and still participate in all the reindeer games. It's not like owning them all makes you less a fanboy, for me, it only made me worst.

#22 Posted by nepu7supastar7 (5108 posts) -

I own all except for PC but I mostly play on Ps4.

#23 Posted by MirkoS77 (14212 posts) -

I hold my preferences (PC) but if a game is good, it doesn't matter where it is.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#24 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4740 posts) -

Just PC/PS4. And I play Xbox through PC, so there's that.

#25 Posted by rzxv04 (686 posts) -

Don't have it all but I never call people cow, sheep or lems.

I do prefer Sony but I'm not really against MS and Nintendo.

I'm disqualified from being a manticore though as I do have brand preference and don't all own system.

#26 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (8410 posts) -

@Random_Matt said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

100% this. Wasted six or so months trying to convince myself I do not need a rig anymore.

I suppose the 7th gen had a lot of games not on the PC and only on consoles. But for me, the idea of owning all the consoles hasn't been exciting since the 5th and 6th gen.

It must have been amazing to own a Saturn, Playstation and N64.

As a 360 owner, I came so close to buying a PS3 as well on a few occasions, but when it came down to exclusives, there was only a handful of games not on the Xbox I wanted. Just wasn't worth it to me.

I'm only really sometimes interested in the Switch right now. I got rid of my Xbox One the day after E3 2016 when M$ declared the end of exclusives.

#27 Posted by npiet1 (2310 posts) -

@HalcyonScarlet: it's not. I own them all and Xbox one only gets touched when there's nothing left to play and there's a new GP game and the misses wants the PC. I don't really touch the switch. There are games I want but they never go down in price.

#28 Posted by DaVillain- (36901 posts) -

@npiet1 said:

@HalcyonScarlet: it's not. I own them all and Xbox one only gets touched when there's nothing left to play and there's a new GP game and the misses wants the PC. I don't really touch the switch. There are games I want but they never go down in price.

Aussie right? Nintendo makes it even harder to purchase any consoles due to lack of sales and barely lowering their prices.

#29 Posted by npiet1 (2310 posts) -

@davillain-: yeah I am. It sucks, the switch would be a lot more popular here if it did. Most of my kids friends don't own a switch at all.

#30 Posted by Kadin_Kai (500 posts) -

I thought I learned a new word, I did a search. A Manticore is a legendary Persian monster.

#31 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (8410 posts) -

@davillain- said:
@npiet1 said:

Aussie right? Nintendo makes it even harder to purchase any consoles due to lack of sales and barely lowering their prices.

Noticed that with Nintendo. The Wii U shop is set up to be awesome, but the prices mostly suck imo. Never really come down. Nintendo are missing out on an opportunity I think.

#32 Posted by Epak_ (10675 posts) -

Don't game on PC so no. Own all the current gen consoles though + PSVR.

#33 Edited by Litchie (24025 posts) -

Got a PC and Switch. I've been called Xbox fanboy. Probably because I'm pretty negative towards Sony. Or something. I couldn't care less about all this shit. Call me what you want. I just play where the games I'm interested in are, and PC + Switch has everything I currently want.

#34 Posted by N64DD (11914 posts) -

@BassMan said:
@pyro1245 said:

This. Consoles are redundant and a waste of money for me. I just wish I could play all games on PC. Having to buy a console just to play exclusives is such a waste.

I honestly am the opposite. I pretty much have every console ever made (still need a philips cd-i), and my gaming pc really doesn't get touched anymore.

#35 Edited by Lebowski1 (81 posts) -

A manticore? Combat 3 defense 6 magic resistance of *8* flying move of 5 and even a little ranged attack to boot. Best mount in the game and at base 40% cast, i'd argue the best creature summon, period. Don't want to derail the thread but massive props if anyone can name the game!

On topic, no I'm just interested in PS4 as thats all I own for gaming. Guess I'm more a gryphon (combat 3 defense 5). And you'd better not Disbelieve it!! ;) ;)

#36 Posted by SecretPolice (35327 posts) -

@Lebowski1 said:

A manticore? Combat 3 defense 6 magic resistance of *8* flying move of 5 and even a little ranged attack to boot. Best mount in the game and at base 40% cast, i'd argue the best creature summon, period. Don't want to derail the thread but massive props if anyone can name the game!

On topic, no I'm just interested in PS4 as thats all I own for gaming. Guess I'm more a gryphon (combat 3 defense 5). And you'd better not Disbelieve it!! ;) ;)

Pretty darn original, cleverly done... Good stuff. :D

#37 Posted by FinalFighters (3196 posts) -

im a manticore but i game mostly on the PC

#38 Posted by with_teeth26 (9547 posts) -

I'm PC/PS4, with a strong preference for PC.

#39 Posted by PC_Rocks (2472 posts) -

Don't exist!

#40 Posted by Xabiss (2686 posts) -

That would be me. I play all 3rd party on Xbox One X, exclusives on PS4 Pro, Switch for exclusives/mobility, and PC for MMORPGs. I know that it is important to have competition and love all of the consoles currently out. I do not like fanboys and think they only hurt gaming.

#41 Posted by That_Old_Guy (1236 posts) -

I have them all.

Doesn’t mean I don’t have favorites but I don’t play the fanboy game.

Contrary to popular belief I’ve said positives about all the systems when I felt they were getting unfair criticism.

#42 Posted by That_Old_Guy (1236 posts) -

Just asking....manticores are people with ALL current systems, right not just a couple out of the 5 or whatever.

#43 Posted by JasonOfA36 (1285 posts) -

I prefer PC but I still use my PS4 and Switch from time to time, when there's a worthwhile exclusive.

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
#44 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1558 posts) -

In these days I mainly play sim racing so Xbox and Playstation are my favourite console brand choices.

#45 Posted by dagubot (1329 posts) -

I voted yes since I've owned all consoles multiple times and have sold them multiple times through this console generation. Gave the Switch to my girl a while back and I am 100% PC. Been taking a break though from PC gaming; been messing around with Days Gone a bit but mainly just been relaxing and enjoying life while throwing some work in the mix...lol.

Might get back into PC gaming after the summer. Do some minor upgrades if need be.

As for the brand loyalty; could care less. I tend to lean slightly more towards Microsoft as I have viewed them as the losers this console race but can appreciate a good game; regardless of platform and can differentiate the pros and cons of each company.

#46 Posted by AJStyles (904 posts) -

I own everything except Nintendo because Nintendo sucks. The quality doesn’t exist. They have no games.

#47 Posted by Coolyfett (6046 posts) -

Only own PlayStation hardware, but would get a Nintendo. There is just so many games on the PlayStation no point in bring more "stuff" in the home.

#48 Posted by DrLostRib (4981 posts) -

i don't know about manticores but i'm pretty sure we got a lot of liars here

#49 Posted by Coolyfett (6046 posts) -

@AfterShafter said:

It's a bit sad that these terms have stuck around for so bloody long...

Very interesting. What is the history behind Cows, Sheep, Hermits and stuff? Where did it start?

#50 Posted by pyro1245 (5051 posts) -

I think it's important to criticize all the platforms.