How many of you have experienced sticky Xbox triggers?

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Sorry this isn't really SW related, but the Xbox forum is pretty dead. Anyway, after having my Series X for just two days and not even really playing it that much, my RT has already begun sticking on me. I took the back panel off and cleaned off the little pad with alcohol, but then the pad dislodged and I decided to remove it completely. No more sticking, but now the RT makes an audible clacking when I use it.

Before I think about buying another controller, I want to know how common this issue is. I've heard it happens frequently with more recent XBox One controllers. How may here have experienced this issue?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#2 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69364 Posts

I can't say I have had that issue with Xbox controller. I had issues with the bumper. Why didn't you return the controller since its new?

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#3 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

@Pedro said:

I can't say I have had that issue with Xbox controller. I had issues with the bumper. Why didn't you return the controller since its new?

Seemed to be an easy fix. Besides, I got mine online and I didn't want to wait for the turnaround.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44105 Posts

I’ve never experienced that with any Xbox controller myself. You should just return the controller and get a new one.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

@JustPlainLucas said:

Sorry this isn't really SW related, but the Xbox forum is pretty dead. Anyway, after having my Series X for just two days and not even really playing it that much, my RT has already begun sticking on me. I took the back panel off and cleaned off the little pad with alcohol, but then the pad dislodged and I decided to remove it completely. No more sticking, but now the RT makes an audible clacking when I use it.

Before I think about buying another controller, I want to know how common this issue is. I've heard it happens frequently with more recent XBox One controllers. How may here have experienced this issue?

not sure I would have taken a part the controller. I would have bought a new one locally and sent the old one back (or use an XBOX One controller while waiting for the return)

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#6 Phlop_Spencer
Member since 2020 • 1476 Posts

Google Xbox controller issues. They’re made of poop. Class action lawsuit for the elite controllers. Classic ms build quality

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

Out of probably ten controllers over the years, never had a sticky trigger. I don't think it's very common, just bad luck I think.

Had a couple of dicky A buttons, although that was after much use, but never any trigger faults.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BenjaminBanklin  Online
Member since 2004 • 11054 Posts

I've had issues with sticky buttons, but not triggers. That one's new to me.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38718 Posts

Had dead zone issues with the analog sticks, but nothing sticky

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@Pedro said:

Yeah i've had a dodgy bumper but that was after a few years of usage, but never had a trigger problem.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9531 Posts

I had a bumper get stuck so I popped it out and the button wouldn't work after that for a couple weeks. Tried it again on a whim one day and it worked like new and never had another problem with it again.. lol.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13660 Posts

I haven't had issues with my Xbox controllers. :-S

Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Duckyindiana
Member since 2006 • 3040 Posts

Never had any issues with any of the controllers I’ve had so far

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44548 Posts

You could have had it replaced, now your warranty is probably voided. Don't know myself, still using my XB1S controller. My XB1X Project Scorpio controller is also untouched.