How long will M$ take to backtrack their used games and always online ideas?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lisandro_v22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 Lisandro_v22
Member since 2005 • 1319 Posts

We all know MS doesn't give a crap about it-s consumers, but for some reason a lot of people continues to buy their products -call it stockholm syndrome-, but now it's just blatant. Sony took advantage of MS stupid move to propel the PS4 in their conference, they even released a video called the "Official PlayStation Used Game Instructional Video"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kWSIFh8ICaA

I'm 90% sure Microsoft will backtrack on their ideas of used games and always online console, it may be in the following weeks, after launch or later but whatever happens something won't change, the memory of Microsoft making the ridicule and proving once again they don't give a **** about their users.

How long do you think they'll take to issue a pathetic statement? will it be about how they "listen to gamers" or will they blame bad PR?

------------

Bonus: This is a list of PS vs Xbox exclusives (PS in red, Xbox in green) I removed Vita titles to be fair

titlesl.png

If somebody is still a xbox fanboy I honestly wanna now. Why?

spookykid143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 spookykid143
Member since 2009 • 10393 Posts

They won't.

Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Dilrod
Member since 2003 • 4257 Posts

Im thinking before the next major conference.  

Tokeism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Tokeism
Member since 2006 • 2365 Posts
It's Microsoft, I doubt they will backtrack....and if they did it will take them 2+ years to do it
eboyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 eboyishere
Member since 2011 • 12681 Posts
They ain't backpedaling too deep with EA and Ubisoft now
Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Microsoft1234
Member since 2006 • 7683 Posts
Not sure, but i think they know how much the gaming community feels about their new policies. at this rate, definitely not a day 1 purchase...
Karnage108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Karnage108
Member since 2010 • 2595 Posts
Sony fans pray that they don't. That's the only ammo they have, considering there's no exclusives.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
Member since 2009 • 4715 Posts
They won't. It's just sad man. Based purely on the games shown today I'd go Xbox One.
nyzma23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nyzma23
Member since 2013 • 1003 Posts

they'll playing wait and see if launching sales dissapointing maybe they'll backtrack if launching great as predicted then why would they do that

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

They are stubborn... however, they love money. If they don;t reconsider they are going to take HUGE losses. This generation could have a gap like the PS2/Xbox had.

Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Dilrod
Member since 2003 • 4257 Posts
Sony fans pray that they don't. That's the only ammo they have, considering there's no exclusives.Karnage108
No exclusives? ROFL..
pc-ps360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 pc-ps360
Member since 2010 • 3462 Posts

man im so sad i really like xbox1 but im all in board with ps4 even though i found ms conference better. no way in hell imma give ms my money to borrow games from them.

either way next gen i was planning to get 1 console only along with the wiiu and the only way ill come back on board with ms is if they remove all drm, match ps4 price AND GIVE FREE STUFF AS COMPESATION FOR THE INSULT THEY GAVE TO THEIR LOYAL CUSTOMERS.

Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Mr720fan
Member since 2013 • 2795 Posts

nope the system is still going to sell, only problem is the price point i think, but they will do creative things like subsidizing with triple play providers to pad the console sold number and offer the x1 at a discounted price.

Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Mr720fan
Member since 2013 • 2795 Posts

PS4 doesnt play games, just used games.

legalize82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 legalize82
Member since 2013 • 2293 Posts

nope the system is still going to sell, only problem is the price point i think, but they will do creative things like subsidizing with triple play providers to pad the console sold number and offer the x1 at a discounted price.

Mr720fan
u crying ?
legalize82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 legalize82
Member since 2013 • 2293 Posts

PS4 doesnt play games, just used games.

Mr720fan
crying confirmed
Karnage108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Karnage108
[QUOTE="Karnage108"]Sony fans pray that they don't. That's the only ammo they have, considering there's no exclusives.Dilrod
No exclusives? ROFL..

Cows pretending games like KH3 are exclusive and games actually announced exclusive at MS conference aren't, lol
JamDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JamDev
Member since 2013 • 992 Posts

Mr720fan
lol give it up dude, the system war is over, MS lost. Quit now while you still have some pride left.
Lisandro_v22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Lisandro_v22
Member since 2005 • 1319 Posts
what? just give me a moment
Karnage108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Karnage108
[QUOTE="Mr720fan"]

JamDev
lol give it up dude, the system war is over, MS lost. Quit now while you still have some pride left.

So much insecurity in this post.
pc-ps360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 pc-ps360
Member since 2010 • 3462 Posts

[QUOTE="Dilrod"][QUOTE="Karnage108"]Sony fans pray that they don't. That's the only ammo they have, considering there's no exclusives.Karnage108
No exclusives? ROFL..

Cows pretending games like KH3 are exclusive and games actually announced exclusive at MS conference aren't, lol

i dont understand fanboy so wat if a game is exclusive or not. ms f u c ked up BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG. and this is coming from some 1 that has both ps3 and xbox and my ps3 collects dust because i hate it. but ps4 is sooooo much better than x1.

true x1 has better exclusives but all that shit does not matter all best game are multiplate and its also a matter of a gamers opinion.

at the end of the day

ms is lending u games for 60 dollars and ps4 is SELLING u games for 60$. not only that ps4 is 100 dollars cheaper.

i dont care if ps4 doesnt gget a single exclusive witht he x1 u pay for everythign and own nothing and by the end of the next gen everything u hav from x1 will be useless unplayable and unsellable.

Swedish_Chef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Swedish_Chef
Member since 2003 • 623 Posts
Sony fans pray that they don't. That's the only ammo they have, considering there's no exclusives.Karnage108
Huh? FFXV is confirmed exclusive. And anything Naughty Dog makes will be exclusive too. I'm sure there's more, but this is just off the top of my head. Not to mention the God of War series. There are exclusives, some just won't be at launch... which is fine, Sony's not going to need the exclusive library right away to sell consoles with how badly MS has handled their situation.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

They won't.

spookykid143
This....don't live with false hope TC.
u2rocksbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 u2rocksbaby
Member since 2007 • 75 Posts

I don't really mind the used game stuff, since I like to hold on to my games for decades. But that's exactly why I absolutely despise the 24-hour check. In 8 years, will all my games simply be revoked from the system because MS wants to take Xbox One support away?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
depends on how the first year of X1 sales is.
Avatar image for Infinite_Access
Infinite_Access

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 Infinite_Access
Member since 2007 • 2483 Posts
Your list is missing X1 stuff. Like Halo for example.
heeweesRus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 heeweesRus
Member since 2012 • 5492 Posts

Considering that the DRM is essentially bulit into the system....they can't

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#28 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts
Hopefully, ASAP.
catfishmoon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 catfishmoon23
Member since 2005 • 5197 Posts

Hopefully soon.

Maybe they've made deals with other publishers already though resulting in exclusive content in exchange for a sytem for used game profit. You never know and hopefully it isn't the case, but I could definitely see that happening (not that this is just my own speculation and nothing more :P).

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#30 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

If it happens, and I don't think it will, it'll be after launch.

And I'm not sure that either one would be possible, even if they wanted to.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts
I don't think it'll matter much anymore, not with the PS4 being $100 cheaper and more powerful, and PS+ offering free games for the cost of an XBL Gold subscription.
PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

It will probably be March or April. Microsoft is going to have just an awful holiday season, and they showed with GFWL that if one of their awful practices is failing miserably, they will get rid of it fairly quickly.

15strong-twin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 15strong-twin
Member since 2013 • 34 Posts
[QUOTE="Karnage108"]Sony fans pray that they don't. That's the only ammo they have, considering there's no exclusives.Swedish_Chef
Huh? FFXV is confirmed exclusive. And anything Naughty Dog makes will be exclusive too. I'm sure there's more, but this is just off the top of my head. Not to mention the God of War series. There are exclusives, some just won't be at launch... which is fine, Sony's not going to need the exclusive library right away to sell consoles with how badly MS has handled their situation.

killzone and infamous too
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts
They won't backtrack. To be honest, I suspect that the rumors were 100% true and they wanted it to be even more restricted. Looks to me like they already "backtracked" as far as they were possibly willing to. Right now, it's happening. Their used game and DRM policy is here to stay. The only possible thing I could see happening is Microsoft lowering the price of the X1 to match the PS4, and even that's unlikely to happen any time before launch. Microsoft just plain f***ed up in multiple ways. If the used game/DRM stuff was their ONLY mistake, then they still might have been fine. But they made a relatively weak console (not a huge deal, but still...), drove up the price by making Kinect mandatory, and now they're in the VERY bad position of their console being $100 more expensive than their nearest competitor's. They watered down its usefulness as a GAME console in order to include a bunch of (albeit sort of cool) media bull$hit, banking on the fact that the casuals would eat that $hit up like they did with the Wii's motion control gimmick. What they failed to take into account was that the Wii sold so f***ing well because it was CHEAP. Casuals bought that in droves largely because of the neat new gimmicks, but also because it was the cheapest out of all three consoles. I've said it before and I'll say it again...casuals may like the X1 features, but casuals aren't particularly LOYAL. They might think that some features are cool, but when they look at the $500 price tag they're gonna turn right around and buy the competitor's console instead. This is EXACTLY why Sony went from total domination during the PS2 era to flopping early in the PS3's life cycle. Putting the X1 out at a reasonable price should have been Microsoft's focus from day 1, and they flopped on that. A $500 console is a hard sell. Add in the fact that it's less powerful than the PS4 and has hoops and hurdles which are restrictive to consumers, and what reason does anyone (especially casuals, who are typically not loyal) have to buy it? The one thing Microsoft could have done to save the X1 was to beat the PS4's price (or at the very least, match it). They f***ed that up too, and that's the nail in the coffin. Unless Microsoft introduces a $100 price drop before the console's release, the X1 is f***ing dead.
CJ_ofCamelot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 CJ_ofCamelot
Member since 2013 • 2072 Posts
When they stop blocking user comments in their pages.
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

They won't. It's just sad man. Based purely on the games shown today I'd go Xbox One.McStrongfast

Same. If they got rid of that stuff I might shoot for an Xbox One, but as it is there's no point in me getting either, I have a PC so I can already play 90% of the games shown on both sides.

The PS4 really disappointed me to be honest, apart from it being cheaper and not always online the exclusive games they showed were underwhelming and they're doing a lot of stuff cows constantly called Microsoft out on, and stuff cows apparently hate when it's on PC, like MMO's, loads of indie games, paying for online and paying for exclusive content.

Also OP that list is so biased it's not even funny. I always have to laugh when people talk about how fantastic a certain lineup is and then feel the need to make incredibly one sided lists that miss out on key games from one side and add in Vita games, games that were never confirmed as exclusives and freaking HD remakes to pad out the other.

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Celtic_34
Member since 2011 • 1903 Posts

I find it fitting microsoft has an exclusive game called lococycle.  They need to get off their crazy bike because it's leading them down a very bad road.

I really think microsoft is just crazy.  They have lost it.  It's too late.  They have made a laughing stock out of themselves.  There are a lot more issues with the xbox one besides just used games and always online.  The system is completely flawed in every way. they have pissed off gamers to the point where it's just over.

walkingdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 walkingdream
Member since 2009 • 4883 Posts

We all know MS doesn't give a crap about it-s consumers, but for some reason a lot of people continues to buy their products -call it stockholm syndrome-, but now it's just blatant. Sony took advantage of MS stupid move to propel the PS4 in their conference, they even released a video called the "Official PlayStation Used Game Instructional Video"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kWSIFh8ICaA

I'm 90% sure Microsoft will backtrack on their ideas of used games and always online console, it may be in the following weeks, after launch or later but whatever happens something won't change, the memory of Microsoft making the ridicule and proving once again they don't give a **** about their users.

How long do you think they'll take to issue a pathetic statement? will it be about how they "listen to gamers" or will they blame bad PR?

------------

Bonus: This is a list of PS vs Xbox exclusives (PS in red, Xbox in green) I removed Vita titles to be fair

titlesl.png

If somebody is still a xbox fanboy I honestly wanna now. Why?

Lisandro_v22

Err that charts missing quite a few Xbox exclusives and you still have a few vita titles in there. 

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
They probably never will. I think it's ok to make an internet device. Sony's product wasn't internet required but with all the talk at their conference it's clear that like current gen systems, it will suck without the internet. Not really a problem though as it's 2013 and most people who would be interested in buying a games console have the internet. The price is the pretty clear cut thing that will need to be addressed imo. A free good launch game and a year of Live sound like a decent start. Or just a price drop.
HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

That exclusive comparison list is really strange. Why omit so many Xbox One exclusives?

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

That depends entirely on the market performance... Sony has a big advantage and has completely won over the gamer crowd, so if that momentum translates into highly successful sale numbers for the PS4, then MS will backtrack pretty quickly, else they'll be left behind.

All in all, I'm sure we'll either have two restrictive consoles, or two "normal" consoles... and with PS4 presenting itself far better, I say we'll have two "normal" consoles in the end.